PDA

View Full Version : One thing I am growing tired of

texan
06-13-2016, 11:26 AM
These terrorists that have shown they will attack us anywhere in anyway and our unwillingness to take the fight to them in a big way. We have been slow to respond, we have been inadequate in our response and we have ignored international requests to step it up......We are now doing more than we ever planned but are doing a poor job.

MisterVeritis
06-13-2016, 11:28 AM
These terrorists that have shown they will attack us anywhere in anyway and our unwillingness to take the fight to them in a big way. We have been slow to respond, we have been inadequate in our response and we have ignored international requests to step it up......We are now doing more than we ever planned but are doing a poor job.
If we had an American president he would demand that the Congress declare war on ISIS. We would mobilize, significantly increase the size of our armed forces and then go win.

But we don't have an American President.

Cigar
06-13-2016, 11:45 AM
So your quick response solution is what specifically? :huh:

Cigar
06-13-2016, 11:45 AM
If we had an American president he would demand that the Congress declare war on ISIS. We would mobilize, significantly increase the size of our armed forces and then go win.

Ok the Job is yours, now what?

Green Arrow
06-13-2016, 01:14 PM
What is your strategy for dealing with ISIL, texan?

PolWatch
06-13-2016, 01:15 PM
Shall we bomb everything inside of the border of the nation of Isis? Point us at 'em.

MisterVeritis
06-13-2016, 01:17 PM

Ok the Job is yours, now what?
See the bolded portion above.

MisterVeritis
06-13-2016, 01:22 PM
Shall we bomb everything inside of the border of the nation of Isis? Point us at 'em.That is not how wars are won.

Crepitus
06-13-2016, 01:35 PM
And when we get there how are you gonna separate the sheep from the goats?

AZ Jim
06-13-2016, 01:42 PM
This guy was a natural born American citizen, so you want us to bomb ourselves dumbasses?

MisterVeritis
06-13-2016, 01:43 PM
And when we get there how are you gonna separate the sheep from the goats?
Let's do it the usual way. Sheep over here with the leftists.

Goats over there with the Islamists.

MisterVeritis
06-13-2016, 01:45 PM
This guy was a natural born American citizen, so you want us to bomb ourselves dumbasses?
I understand you have to work within your limitations. I get that. I try so hard not to make fun of you.

ISIS claimed responsibility and claimed the Muslim terrorist as one of their own.

Crepitus
06-13-2016, 01:54 PM
Let's do it the usual way. Sheep over here with the leftists.

Goats over there with the Islamists.
OK, insults aside do you have a plan or not?

sachem
06-13-2016, 02:15 PM
Interleague play.

nic34
06-13-2016, 02:25 PM
Nukes: Speed up Global warming.... that'll take care of everyone.....

http://www.sendthefire.ca/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/earthonfire1web.jpg

MisterVeritis
06-13-2016, 02:37 PM
OK, insults aside do you have a plan or not?
You are aware it is not my job to plan the campaign to win the war, don't you?

It was my job once. We have a strangely shaped building in the Washington DC area where people do that sort of thing. Would you like a link?

Crepitus
06-13-2016, 02:43 PM
You are aware it is not my job to plan the campaign to win the war, don't you?

It was my job once. We have a strangely shaped building in the Washington DC area where people do that sort of thing. Would you like a link?
I'ma take that as "no", K?

texan
06-13-2016, 05:03 PM
No one has enough info to know for sure we can only go on what we are seeing. With that disclaimer:

We tried to ignore this issue until it has really become a bigger issue. We started by our pulling out of Iraq and leaving it open to Iran's influence.Then as these guys grew we watched and turned our head. Many ME experts said we were making a big mistake, I am not just talking about war mongers because there are some of those around.. To help cover their position the Obama admin was obviously feeding us BS in tampering with Intel reports. This much is clear. Even Billary today hit the points that need addressing that we are not aggressively pursuing, this is not a sweet spot for Obama.

1. Number one you have to aggressively attack their social network and stop making excuses like they are so clever we can't find the cavetards.......The marketing is more important than anyone thinks. They are an inspiration because it looks like they can win or hold their own.

2. Blow their friggin trucks up when they try and haul oil and stop sending them letters telling them when and how in advance. Hit every money source they have.

3. I would use special forces behind enemy lines and blow up everything they own.

4. We can keep up the fake fighting using Iraqi forces that's fine for a distraction I guess. It is important they have some play in this.......again marketing.

They need to look small, they look successful. People do not sign up for losing causes. They have literally gotten away with murder and thumbing their noses at everyone. Kill gthem with our overwhelming bully puppet something Obama doesn't use or understand unless its teh american police then he knows how to use it..............So stupid by him.

Small answer but it can get us started...............

MisterVeritis
06-13-2016, 06:05 PM
I'ma take that as "no", K?
Bring me back on active duty, give me four stars and I will happily do the Pentagon's job.

My plan to destroy Islam and defeat ISIS would not be relevant. Of course, you already know that, don't you?

donttread
06-13-2016, 06:16 PM

We have interferred with , invaded, armed and/or droned most of the players over there for decades. That's what aimed the beehive in our direction to begin with

valley ranch
06-13-2016, 06:29 PM
Hi guys, We're pretending to fight ISIS on the one hand and arming them on the other. ISIS is not representing Iran, they are closely tied to Turkey. Yes we should kick their ass, bomb their trucks, most of which we left there for them.
Maybe we'll do all the things you suggest, but not with this administration or with an admin headed by anyone from this one. You can't even get a OK from supporters of this admin on this forum, look around who are you trying to reason with.

Crepitus
06-13-2016, 07:13 PM
Bring me back on active duty, give me four stars and I will happily do the Pentagon's job.

My plan to destroy Islam and defeat ISIS would not be relevant. Of course, you already know that, don't you?
You don't have to cover anymore dude, I got it. You dont know what to do. It's fine, I don't either.

texan
06-13-2016, 07:22 PM
We have interferred with , invaded, armed and/or droned most of the players over there for decades. That's what aimed the beehive in our direction to begin with

I agree with some of that but we are where we are and we cannot let it go unanswered. I do get your point, but it isn't going away its growing. We cannot just sit around.

MisterVeritis
06-13-2016, 07:51 PM
You don't have to cover anymore dude, I got it. You dont know what to do. It's fine, I don't either.
That was never my point, dude. I have plenty of ideas. I see no reason to masturbate in front of you. Dude.

Step one is to sell the war to the public and declare war. Step two is to refine and document the political objective. Step three is to determine the force level and timing that victory will require. Step four is to determine the road to war. How will we transition from peacetime to wartime? What forces will we need and how will we flow them into the theater? How many fronts should we fight on?

Should we attack the enemy's strategy? Or the enemies alliances? How will we do each of these tasks? Where will we plan to conduct major battles? Will wee attack the enemies cities? How will we "liberate" towns and cities as we move on the battlefield?

How will we know when we have won? How will we transition from war to operations other than war? How will we transition from military leadership to civilian leadership in theater? How will we select a provisional government?

And that is just the fun stuff. There is the ever pressing logistics requirement. And communications, intelligence...you name it.

But it is not my job anymore. And when I did it I was only responsible for a portion of the intelligence effort.

Crepitus
06-13-2016, 08:22 PM
That was never my point, dude. I have plenty of ideas. I see no reason to masturbate in front of you. Dude.

Step one is to sell the war to the public and declare war. Step two is to refine and document the political objective. Step three is to determine the force level and timing that victory will require. Step four is to determine the road to war. How will we transition from peacetime to wartime? What forces will we need and how will we flow them into the theater? How many fronts should we fight on?

Should we attack the enemy's strategy? Or the enemies alliances? How will we do each of these tasks? Where will we plan to conduct major battles? Will wee attack the enemies cities? How will we "liberate" towns and cities as we move on the battlefield?

How will we know when we have won? How will we transition from war to operations other than war? How will we transition from military leadership to civilian leadership in theater? How will we select a provisional government?

And that is just the fun stuff. There is the ever pressing logistics requirement. And communications, intelligence...you name it.

But it is not my job anymore. And when I did it I was only responsible for a portion of the intelligence effort.
Shitload a tapdancing there that still don't answer my question, which was much simpler than asking you to plan the whole campaign. Where have I read that list before? One of my uncle's old army war college handbooks?

donttread
06-14-2016, 08:03 AM
Hi guys, We're pretending to fight ISIS on the one hand and arming them on the other. ISIS is not representing Iran, they are closely tied to Turkey. Yes we should kick their ass, bomb their trucks, most of which we left there for them.
Maybe we'll do all the things you suggest, but not with this administration or with an admin headed by anyone from this one. You can't even get a OK from supporters of this admin on this forum, look around who are you trying to reason with.

At one time or another we have supported, aided or armed most of the factions over there. And yet somehow interventionist want to double down on our past failures

Quicksilver
06-14-2016, 08:13 AM
There is no "over there".... other than a bunch of hooligans creating misery for the locals who don't subscribe to their ideology. The real war is HERE... it's the war for the hearts and minds of those susceptible to the message being put out there.. HOW may I ask are we going to wage "war" on the home grown loner? That is the real danger.. We must seek them out through surveillance and prevent them from getting weapons.. and YES that means preventing some American citizens from purchasing guns.. ISIS has told them to kill... and keep killing by any means... ISIS has told them to seek out soft targets. I'm not sure how going over "there" and spilling our blood and treasure is going to solve anything.

texan
06-14-2016, 09:30 AM
Isolation doesn't work either folks. It sounds nice but isn't reality.

donttread
06-14-2016, 01:00 PM
There is no "over there".... other than a bunch of hooligans creating misery for the locals who don't subscribe to their ideology. The real war is HERE... it's the war for the hearts and minds of those susceptible to the message being put out there.. HOW may I ask are we going to wage "war" on the home grown loner? That is the real danger.. We must seek them out through surveillance and prevent them from getting weapons.. and YES that means preventing some American citizens from purchasing guns.. ISIS has told them to kill... and keep killing by any means... ISIS has told them to seek out soft targets. I'm not sure how going over "there" and spilling our blood and treasure is going to solve anything.

The "there" of today is badly damaged in every way including culturally from constant western intervent and arming of less that trustworthy factions.
We have our own oil now, we could simply leave the ME, stop creating terrorist and the "lone wolves of islamic fundamentalism" on our soil would dwindle away.

donttread
06-14-2016, 01:01 PM

Really, how so? Cause interventionism has not only failed but it has brought about negative consequences

MisterVeritis
06-14-2016, 01:17 PM
Really, how so? Cause interventionism has not only failed but it has brought about negative consequences
Winning makes all the difference. It is time to declare war on ISIS, raise an Army, raise an air force, go there, defeat ISIS and kill the lone wolves.

Green Arrow
06-14-2016, 01:20 PM

Only fringe wackos support isolationism. Stop using buzzwords and provide a serious counter to their ideas.