PDA

View Full Version : Ex Afghani President Killed Tuesday.....

MMC
09-20-2011, 10:23 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/ex-afghan-president-rabbani-killed-142321104.html
AP – 37 mins ago.....

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — Two Afghan government sources say former Afghan President Burhanuddin Rabbani has been killed in the capital Kabul.

Rabbani was head of the country's high peace council, which was set up by the Afghan government to work toward a political solution. However, it had made little headway since it was formed a year ago.

Rabbani was president of the Afghan government that preceded the Taliban. After he was driven from Kabul in 1996, he became the nominal head of the Northern Alliance, mostly minority Tajiks and Uzbeks, who swept to power in Kabul after the Taliban's fall. Rabbani is an ethnic Tajik.....snip~

Looks Like the Taliban have struck again. Thats 5 successful attacks now, and General Petraeus is not there to turn shit around this time. We need to get out of there. Screw-that shit-hole. Get our Troopers out now!

Even tho we know they will not do so.....one thing is for sure. The Taliban will not stop coming. We taught them this.

Elibe
09-20-2011, 04:42 PM
i agree that we should be withdrawing from afghanistan

there is nothing else we can do for them

Mister D
09-20-2011, 07:58 PM
i agree that we should be withdrawing from afghanistan

there is nothing else we can do for them

True. Trying to make a nation of that moonscape was a horrible idea.

MMC
09-21-2011, 06:50 AM
Heard Obama met with Karzai today in back doors at the UN. Obama is speaking to the General Assembly today.

Moreover this was an assassination. As I have seen pieces up on how long this assassin waited to make his move. Then the Taliban has taken out Karzai's brother and two Governors. They also took out those Seals and injured 77 of our troops this last week.

Conley
09-21-2011, 08:24 AM
It will never stop.

MMC
09-21-2011, 08:48 AM
It will never stop.

Your right CL.....always have to have those who have been in battle to lead. Officers to NCO's. People that can lead those into battle. Battle experience, and the trajedies/horrors of War. Always, and if you want to have the best Army at War. Well one can't do that if not Warring.

Conley
09-21-2011, 08:55 AM
Yep...and correct me if I'm wrong but it seems an easier operation (logistically) to kill targets rather than trying to keep two groups of people from killing each other. Same thing with Israel and the Palestinians. There is no way to play peacemaker without overwhelming force.