PDA

View Full Version : Residents of Democratic states seek escape from the tax man

Peter1469
06-16-2016, 05:00 PM
Residents of Democratic states seek escape from the tax man (http://www.city-journal.org/html/blue-voyagers-14344.html)

Democrats who move to red states should not be allowed to vote. Stay in the bed you made.

What is it about blue states that makes people so eager to leave them? That’s a question worth pondering after seeing the results of Gallup’s latest State of the State poll, which, for the first time in eight years, found that more states lean Republican (http://www.gallup.com/poll/188969/red-states-outnumber-blue-first-time-gallup-tracking.aspx) than Democratic. Only 14 states, the survey determined, are either solidly Democratic or trending that way, while in 20 states, the majority of residents are either solidly Republican or leaning right. Gallup deemed the rest toss-ups, with no clear advantage for either party.

The poll revealed other trends. Blue-state residents were far more likely (http://www.gallup.com/poll/168770/half-illinois-connecticut-move-elsewhere.aspx) to report that they wished to relocate. Seven of the eight states that residents are keenest to flee are solidly blue—led by Connecticut, where 46 percent of people want to follow the state’s leading employer, GE, to the exits. Also near the top of the list: New Jersey, Illinois, Rhode Island, Maryland, Delaware, and New York. The only state in the Top Eight not predominantly Democratic is Ohio, which Gallup considers “competitive” (neither Republican nor Democratic). Rounding out the Top Ten are Republican-leaning Indiana and Nevada.

The flip side of those results—that is, the list of states that people are least anxious to leave—is also suggestive. Of the 11 states leading in this category (two tied for tenth place), just three are Democratic, led by blue-leaning Oregon and Washington. Six are Republican, led by Montana and including Texas and North Dakota. The others are toss-up states.

What accounts for the sharp differences in resident satisfaction? Politicians in Democratic states like New York and Connecticut typically attribute out-migration to factors beyond their political control, often focusing, for instance, on cold weather. And migration patterns show that a warm-weather state, Florida, gets lots of newcomers from the Northeast. But Montana, South Dakota, and New Hampshire are cold-weather states, too, and their residents are staying put. In fact, only one state where climate might be considered a lure—Hawaii—figured on the list of states where residents are most likely to stay. Neither California’s idyllic weather nor the warm temperatures of Florida and Arizona proved attractive enough to stem the desire to leave.

Read more at the link.

del
06-16-2016, 05:04 PM
i'd move to a red state, but i've gotten used to indoor plumbing

CreepyOldDude
06-16-2016, 05:34 PM

That made me laugh.

AZ Jim
06-16-2016, 05:43 PM
I'm in a red state to bring enlightenment to the natives.

Common
06-16-2016, 05:44 PM
New Jersey has a huge dilemna their roads and bridges are crumbling and they have been for 40 yrs. There is no money in the fund that is supposed to maintain roads and bridges.

Jersey house and senate proposes a 23 cts a gallon gas tax increase and christie is demanding a decrease in the estate tax or he wont sign it

They are raising taxs on everyone who uses gas on one hand, and they want to give tax breaks to only the rich to offset it ? Im unable to compute that

Mac-7
06-16-2016, 05:45 PM
Residents of Democratic states seek escape from the tax man (http://www.city-journal.org/html/blue-voyagers-14344.html)

Democrats who move to red states should not be allowed to vote. Stay in the bed you made.

Read more at the link.

Correction

democrat refugees from blue states should not be given santuary in red states

MMC
06-16-2016, 05:54 PM

Not to mention you would have to pay for it to. Counts you out for sure, huh?

Peter1469
06-16-2016, 06:11 PM
I'm in a red state to bring enlightenment to the natives.

Along with tax increases.