PDA

View Full Version : tPF Obamanomics: RIP

Peter1469
06-20-2016, 05:45 PM
Obamanomics: RIP (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/19/americas-sluggish-economic-growth-the-new-normal/)

The Obama economy has been a failure on most fronts.

http://twt-thumbs.washtimes.com/media/image/2016/06/19/6_192016_moore-chart0620-2018201_c1-0-2933-1710_s885x516.jpg?eec8478d47a9962f84c4ba518909630c f76acba0

That was basically the message from Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen last week when she acknowledged the economy is doing more poorly (again) than previously hoped. The Fed admitted that sluggish growth that caps out at 2 percent is with us for as far as the eye can see, or at least through the next two years. Is this a declaration of the last rites for Obamanomics? It should be. Throw it in the dustbin of history alongside all the other failed liberal economic experiments.

The previously bullish Fed finally and openly acknowledged that sluggish growth is the long term new normal for America. Secular stagnation is here to stay. The growth rate has limped out of the 2008-09 recession at a 2 percent pace now for seven years. The Joint Economic Committee of Congress tells us a normal recovery gives us about 3.5 percent growth and the Reagan and JFK booms were closer to 4 percent. So the GDP today thanks to President Obama is about $2 to $3 trillion smaller than it should be. This is roughly the equivalent of losing the entire annual output of every business and worker in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana combined.

Instead of speeding up to recover all this lost ground, we’re decelerating. Growth was 1.4 percent in the 4th quarter of 2015. It was 0.8 percent in the first quarter of this year. The Fed now has downgraded growth now to less than 2 percent for the rest of 2016 — down from an original forecast of 2.4 percent. Ms. Yellen now is telling us that the chances of an interest rate hike this year before the election are close to zero. That certainly worked out well for Hillary who needs a growing economy to have any chance of winning in November.

zelmo1234
06-20-2016, 05:51 PM
Well a few million more illegal immigrants that can bring the system down and a few more years of inflation with wages staying the same or going lower and we can close shop.

Any company that is not finding a way to target the top 20% in this country better be selling food or renting housing. Because a few more years of this and that is all that the rest of the people will be able to afford.

Tahuyaman
06-22-2016, 08:04 PM
Obamanomics: RIP (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/19/americas-sluggish-economic-growth-the-new-normal/)

The Obama economy has been a failure on most fronts.

http://twt-thumbs.washtimes.com/media/image/2016/06/19/6_192016_moore-chart0620-2018201_c1-0-2933-1710_s885x516.jpg?eec8478d47a9962f84c4ba518909630c f76acba0

Thank God it's almost coming to an end. I don't know if the future looks any better though.

Peter1469
06-22-2016, 08:08 PM
Thank God it's almost coming to an end. I don't know if the future looks any better though.

Clinton will double down.

Tahuyaman
06-22-2016, 09:46 PM
Clinton will double down.

Double down on failure?

Honestly, I think that she will surround herself with better people than Obama has. She will find people who are not complete ideologues as Obama has.

I believe she's smart enough to knw that she would be in over her head.

Peter1469
06-23-2016, 08:38 AM
Double down on failure?

Honestly, I think that she will surround herself with better people than Obama has. She will find people who are not complete ideologues as Obama has.

I don't.

Cigar
06-23-2016, 09:08 AM
Jobless Claims Sink To Near 43 Year LowThe number of Americans filing for unemployment benefits fell last week to near a 43-year low, suggesting labor market resilience even though hiring slowed sharply in May.

The drop in jobless claims could give Federal Reserve officials more confidence that job growth will pick up.

Fed Chair Janet Yellen told lawmakers on Tuesday that the U.S. central bank believed the slowdown in non-farm payroll gains was "transitory," noting that "several other timely indicators of labor market conditions still look favorable."

"Overall labor market conditions are not as bad as one might assume based on May's non-farm payroll print alone," said Jim Baird, chief investment officer at Plante Moran Financial Advisors in Kalamazoo, Michigan.

Initial claims for state unemployment benefits declined 18,000 to a seasonally adjusted 259,000 for the week ended June 18, the Labor Department said on Thursday

Read more: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-jobless-idUSKCN0Z91CB

While incomes have not gone up enough (or at all for many). there are jobs out there

Peter1469
06-23-2016, 09:10 AM
Jobless Claims Sink To Near 43 Year Low

The number of Americans filing for unemployment benefits fell last week to near a 43-year low, suggesting labor market resilience even though hiring slowed sharply in May.

The drop in jobless claims could give Federal Reserve officials more confidence that job growth will pick up.

Fed Chair Janet Yellen told lawmakers on Tuesday that the U.S. central bank believed the slowdown in non-farm payroll gains was "transitory," noting that "several other timely indicators of labor market conditions still look favorable."

"Overall labor market conditions are not as bad as one might assume based on May's non-farm payroll print alone," said Jim Baird, chief investment officer at Plante Moran Financial Advisors in Kalamazoo, Michigan.

Initial claims for state unemployment benefits declined 18,000 to a seasonally adjusted 259,000 for the week ended June 18, the Labor Department said on Thursday

While incomes have not gone up enough (or at all for many). there are jobs out there

Yes.

Look up the job participation rate.

Cigar
06-23-2016, 09:16 AM
Yes.

Look up the job participation rate.

Here we go again ... :rollseyes: what is it with the feddish on participation?

Tell me exactly how YOU; you personally, enforce job participation?

How do YOU MAKE someone look for a Job?

Don't dodge the question.

Peter1469
06-23-2016, 09:20 AM

Asked and answered.

The big problem today with the participation rate is who. Those who are the young. Young people do a lot. They get jobs, spend a lot of money to buy homes, put kids through school and retire. This generation of young are losing a decade or more to do this stuff.

That hard left is missing this. And it will cut our GDP substantially.

Mister D
06-23-2016, 09:21 AM
feddish lol

Common Sense
06-23-2016, 09:23 AM
Declining labor participation rates are due to several factors.

The Baby Boomers who make up over a quarter of the population are retiring at a rate of 10,000 a day. That's 10,000 people a day out of the labor force.

Women's participation in the labor force peaked around 2000 and has been slowly declining.

More young people are staying in post secondary school longer and often even over the summer.

Lower wages and tough job market are also a factor.

Cigar
06-23-2016, 09:24 AM
Asked and answered.

The big problem today with the participation rate is who. Those who are the young. Young people do a lot. They get jobs, spend a lot of money to buy homes, put kids through school and retire. This generation of young are losing a decade or more to do this stuff.

That hard left is missing this. And it will cut our GDP substantially.

This country chose to defund Teachers, Schools and Education ... now they are reaping the consequences of that choice.

Think about it, how amy Congressmen and Seniors who voted to defund Teachers, Schools and Education, benefited from the funding on good Teachers, Schools and Education.

Cigar
06-23-2016, 09:26 AM
feddish lol

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=feddish

Peter1469
06-23-2016, 09:28 AM

The Baby Boomers who make up over a quarter of the population are retiring at a rate of 10,000 a day. That's 10,000 people a day out of the labor force.

Women's participation in the labor force peaked around 2000 and has been slowly declining.

More young people are staying in post secondary school longer and often even over the summer.

Forbes has a good article with the stats. But they put up their adblocker countermeasures so they are dead so far as I am concerned.

Old people are staying in the work force and increasing participation as compared to the past.

Younger people are staying in college longer and getting masters degrees that may or may not pay off.

The bottom line is that it is the younger cohort that is not earning money today. That has longer term economic problems as described above. Their children are going to have a problem caring for their parents as they grow old and die. It will approach the third world.

Mister D
06-23-2016, 09:28 AM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=feddish

:laugh: It's "fetish", genius. Get off your phone.

Truth Detector
06-23-2016, 09:33 AM
Jobless Claims Sink To Near 43 Year LowThe number of Americans filing for unemployment benefits fell last week to near a 43-year low, suggesting labor market resilience even though hiring slowed sharply in May.

You are correct; incomes are flat, and suck, and the ONLY reason jobless claims have dropped is because the labor participation rate keeps tanking; in other words, people are giving up on even finding a decent job.

You missed the other BAD news in your link; home purchases are in a slump.

This is the single worst recovery on record; and yet, Liberuls like you are still waving your pom poms cheering this incredibly ignorant economic dunce. :biglaugh:

Truth Detector
06-23-2016, 09:34 AM

Another incredibly stupid and ignorant post; they aren't able to FIND a job which is why they are NOT participating. DERP

Cigar
06-23-2016, 09:34 AM
:laugh: It's "fetish", genius. Get off your phone.

It's whatever the Da-F'ck I want it to be ... get out your mammies basement :grin:

Cigar
06-23-2016, 09:35 AM
Another incredibly stupid and ignorant post; they aren't able to FIND a job which is why they are NOT participating. DERP

Who-Day ...U-Day ? :laugh:

Truth Detector
06-23-2016, 09:36 AM

Those are all bullschit claims that have been refuted numerous times in the past. It isn't the baby boomers retiring that is ballooning the lack of labor participation. It is the LACK of good paying full time jobs.

We are in a PART time job economy of low wages. Thank you Obama.

I cannot imagine a more moronic talking point than Obama talking trickle up; yes, the man really is that economically stupid!

Cigar
06-23-2016, 09:37 AM
You are correct; incomes are flat, and suck, and the ONLY reason jobless claims have dropped is because the labor participation rate keeps tanking; in other words, people are giving up on even finding a decent job.

You missed the other BAD news in your link; home purchases are in a slump.

This is the single worst recovery on record; and yet, Liberuls like you are still waving your pom poms cheering this incredibly ignorant economic dunce. :biglaugh:

Let me guess, King Obama needs to sign an XO to make Corporations Pay more and force people like Mister D to leave their mammies basement :biglaugh:

Truth Detector
06-23-2016, 09:39 AM
This country chose to defund Teachers, Schools and Education ... now they are reaping the consequences of that choice.

Think about it, how amy Congressmen and Seniors who voted to defund Teachers, Schools and Education, benefited from the funding on good Teachers, Schools and Education.

This is another incredibly false and stupid claim; education funding at the State and Federal level have been ballooning. This Government, thanks to Democrats and Obama, spent $850 billion claiming this would be a boost to the economy. Seven years later leftist retards are whining about minimum wage levels, a lack of income equality and how everything has been defunded. It's an incredibly stupid argument that only the brain dead and stupid among us can bloviate with.

No wonder you vote Democrat. :biglaugh:

Truth Detector
06-23-2016, 09:40 AM
Who-Day ...U-Day ? :laugh:

Spin little ballerina......SPINNNNnnnn. :biglaugh:

Common Sense
Those are all bullschit claims that have been refuted numerous times in the past. It isn't the baby boomers retiring that is ballooning the lack of labor participation. It is the LACK of good paying full time jobs.

We are in a PART time job economy of low wages. Thank you Obama.

I cannot imagine a more moronic talking point than Obama talking trickle up; yes, the man really is that economically stupid!

The reality is that it's not just one factor. I concede that part of the problem is a lack of good high paying jobs and some have given up. I would argue though that the 10,000 people a day turning 65 is also a huge factor.

Like with most issues, there is no one simple answer. But I know people love simple answers to complex issues.

Truth Detector
Let me guess, King Obama needs to sign an XO to make Corporations Pay more and force people like Mister D to leave their mammies basement :biglaugh:

Only a complete and utter moron would think that forcing companies to pay more is a solution. Thank you for so brilliantly illustrating my points for me. :biglaugh:

Truth Detector
06-23-2016, 09:47 AM
The reality is that it's not just one factor. I concede that part of the problem is a lack of good high paying jobs and some have given up. I would argue though that the 10,000 people a day turning 65 is also a huge factor.

Like with most issues, there is no one simple answer. But I know people love simple answers to complex issues.

The number of people entering the workforce (birthrates) far exceed the number you think are retiring. Many are NOT retiring because they cannot and this exacerbates the job opportunities so lacking for those entering the workforce.

Economics is only complex to blithering idiots who think that Government is the solution to all our problems. It is OBVIOUS why this economy sucks; I just find it fascinating that complete idiots think Obama, or Hillary, are doing a great job with it.

Obama has doubled the national debt throwing money at the problem; and finally Janet Yellen is admitting it has done NOTHING to boost the economy which is why interest rates continue at an unprecedented 0% which is merely enriching the greedy baastards in Wall street and helping to fuel the Wall street boom. Cheap easy money is not great for an economy that isn't growing.

Peter1469
06-23-2016, 09:51 AM

You have been told that older people are working longer. The glut is on the younger end. That is a serious problem that you are skipping by erroneously claiming retirement is the cause. Stop repeating the same error over and over.

Truth Detector
06-23-2016, 09:55 AM
You have been told that older people are working longer. The glut is on the younger end. That is a serious problem that you are skipping by erroneously claiming retirement is the cause. Stop repeating the same error over and over.

They caint hep it; when you are desperately trying to defend the indefensible, Obamanomics, you have a propensity to make up bullschit in order to divert attention away from his glaring failures. ;)

Tahuyaman
06-23-2016, 10:01 AM
Double down on failure?

I don't.

I can't assemble a good argument to dispute your opinion.

I just think she's been raised politically in a more practical environment than our current president. I don't believe she would be worse than what we've been stuck with for the last 7.5 years. She might not be any better either.

Common Sense
06-23-2016, 10:03 AM

If you read what I wrote I said there were multiple factors. I'm not laying the blame solely on retirees.

Peter1469
06-23-2016, 10:40 AM
If you read what I wrote I said there were multiple factors. I'm not laying the blame solely on retirees.

Retirees are less than normal. Older people increase in the labor force participation rate.