PDA

View Full Version : Fed's Yellen: US economy faces 'considerable uncertainty

Common
06-21-2016, 09:24 PM
7.5 yrs of Obama and the economy never improved over it sucks. Hes done nothing for working americans but screw them with another Trade deal for the rich.

Hes governed by spite and in the process he screwed every american from the bottom of the bottom to the middleclass. Upper middle class and above got far richer under obama.

Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen warned Tuesday that the US economy faces "considerable uncertainty" from slower domestic activity and from a possible British vote to break with the European Union.Pointing to dragging hiring and business investment recently, and to the risk that a pro-Brexit vote will send shock waves through global markets, Yellen signaled that the Fed has become less optimistic about US growth over the short term and will proceed with great caution on plans to raise interest rates.
She said in testimony to the Senate Banking Committee that US growth has picked up noticeably in the second quarter from the sluggish pace at the beginning of the year. Nevertheless, she said economic growth has been uneven and clear downside risks remain a threat.
"Considerable uncertainty about the economic outlook remains," she said. "The latest readings on the labor market and the weak pace of investment illustrate one downside risk -- that domestic demand might falter."
Added to that, Yellen said, are the challenges of slower growth and reform hurdles in China, and the referendum in Britain on Thursday on pulling out of the European Union, which could radically alter Europe's economic framework.
"A UK vote to exit the European Union could have significant economic repercussions," she told the panel. It could rupture what she called "a very important relationship" between Britain and the European continent, and could have an impact on the progress of European integration .

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fed-chair-yellen-says-us-economy-faces-considerable-140545044.html?ref=gs

exotix
06-21-2016, 09:27 PM
What's the GOP Plan again ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFPfv3GbW1k

Peter1469
06-21-2016, 09:28 PM
Obama failed with the economy. Clinton is running on that record.

But there is so much failure around that it may not be noticed.

Peter1469
06-21-2016, 09:30 PM
What's the GOP Plan again ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFPfv3GbW1k

exo you embarrass thinkers. Look up what Chapter 11 bankruptcy is.

Tell us what that has to do with governments.

We seriously need to narrow the franchise. Idiots (and there are lurking about, right Cret) are hell bent on destroying the nation.

exotix
06-21-2016, 09:35 PM
exo you embarrass thinkers. Look up what Chapter 11 bankruptcy is.

Tell us what that has to do with governments.

We seriously need to narrow the franchise. Idiots (and there are lurking about, right Cret) are hell bent on destroying the nation.I was merely purporting that the GOP economic Plan is to nominate for prez somebody who filed Bankruptcy 4 times because it makes him money that's all ... further, he doesn't even bother to speak in the third person when distinguishing himself (personal bankruptcy) from his corp(s) (CH. 11 corp. bankruptcy's) ...

Pretty much destroying the 'ol GOP adage that 'people are corps. too my friend'

Peter1469
06-21-2016, 10:11 PM
I was merely purporting that the GOP economic Plan is to nominate for prez somebody who filed Bankruptcy 4 times because it makes him money that's all ... further, he doesn't even bother to speak in the third person when distinguishing himself (personal bankruptcy) from his corp(s) (CH. 11 corp. bankruptcy's) ...

Pretty much destroying the 'ol GOP adage that 'people are corps. too my friend'The only merely you are doing is being an idiot. A clown.

A jester. Dance fool.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/291/0/5/scary_jester_4_by_indigodeep-d5i6h92.jpg

exotix
06-21-2016, 10:17 PM
The only merely you are doing is being an idiot. A clown.

A jester. Dance fool.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/291/0/5/scary_jester_4_by_indigodeep-d5i6h92.jpgThat's you ... boot-licking a man so smart he can't even scam enough donors to fund his campaign so he simply takes what he gets and gives it to himself ... LOL

Peter1469
06-21-2016, 10:26 PM
That's you ... boot-licking a man so smart he can't even scam enough donors to fund his campaign so he simply takes what he gets and gives it to himself ... LOL

No exo, I don't fit any non-boring normal stuff. Sorry.

You know freaks are about .2 percent of the population. Don't get rolled up.

donttread
06-22-2016, 01:28 AM
7.5 yrs of Obama and the economy never improved over it sucks. Hes done nothing for working americans but screw them with another Trade deal for the rich.

Hes governed by spite and in the process he screwed every american from the bottom of the bottom to the middleclass. Upper middle class and above got far richer under obama.

Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen warned Tuesday that the US economy faces "considerable uncertainty" from slower domestic activity and from a possible British vote to break with the European Union.Pointing to dragging hiring and business investment recently, and to the risk that a pro-Brexit vote will send shock waves through global markets, Yellen signaled that the Fed has become less optimistic about US growth over the short term and will proceed with great caution on plans to raise interest rates.
She said in testimony to the Senate Banking Committee that US growth has picked up noticeably in the second quarter from the sluggish pace at the beginning of the year. Nevertheless, she said economic growth has been uneven and clear downside risks remain a threat.
"Considerable uncertainty about the economic outlook remains," she said. "The latest readings on the labor market and the weak pace of investment illustrate one downside risk -- that domestic demand might falter."
Added to that, Yellen said, are the challenges of slower growth and reform hurdles in China, and the referendum in Britain on Thursday on pulling out of the European Union, which could radically alter Europe's economic framework.
"A UK vote to exit the European Union could have significant economic repercussions," she told the panel. It could rupture what she called "a very important relationship" between Britain and the European continent, and could have an impact on the progress of European integration .

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fed-chair-yellen-says-us-economy-faces-considerable-140545044.html?ref=gs

There it is again , in a nutshell. Our economy is so finance and globally geared that anytime another economic power nation does anything it effects us. We might have less e-dollars if a butterly gets laid in Russia or something like that. Finance types get rich by playing the reactionary, tilted table stock market . Yet we are asked to believe that the worth of huge megacorps who control markets rather than compete within them, can be worth several percentage points more on Monday then they were on Friday. No change in assets, liabilities,sales, products, customer base, or anything else but their value shifts by millions day?
Hogwash, the Stock Market reacts to fleeting emotions, events around the world and the games megacorps and Wall Street play. It has become a completely awful way to measure the strength of our economy and since the IRA's and 401 K's forced "everyman "into the stock market the upward transfer of wealth has been monumental and shameless.
The market, like the country now reats to a pin being dropped in China or a slightly worse quarterly corporate report. Yet the rich always manage to get richer.
We need to make work a value again. Sure we give it lip service but in reality the path to riches has more to do with finance parlor tricks than it has to do with work. We have fallen so far that despite all our rhetoric to the contrary, the real workers who get dirty and sweaty are even looked down upon while investment income ( non work) gets better tax rates.
White collar jobs are fine and probably what most of us do at this stage of our lives. But we need manufacturing and blue collar jobs a hell of a lot more than we need "derivite investments" . Wall Street won't rebuild our infrasture , regular people will.
Earned income should be the lowest tax category. We need more people fully employed and given the respect they are due.
We need another way to measure our so called economy. And we need to localize not globalize so we can get back to only responding to our own real promlems instead of smoke a mirrors world wide.

Peter1469
06-22-2016, 06:14 AM
There it is again , in a nutshell. Our economy is so finance and globally geared that anytime another economic power nation does anything it effects us. We might have less e-dollars if a butterly gets laid in Russia or something like that. Finance types get rich by playing the reactionary, tilted table stock market . Yet we are asked to believe that the worth of huge megacorps who control markets rather than compete within them, can be worth several percentage points more on Monday then they were on Friday. No change in assets, liabilities,sales, products, customer base, or anything else but their value shifts by millions day?
Hogwash, the Stock Market reacts to fleeting emotions, events around the world and the games megacorps and Wall Street play. It has become a completely awful way to measure the strength of our economy and since the IRA's and 401 K's forced "everyman "into the stock market the upward transfer of wealth has been monumental and shameless.
The market, like the country now reats to a pin being dropped in China or a slightly worse quarterly corporate report. Yet the rich always manage to get richer.
We need to make work a value again. Sure we give it lip service but in reality the path to riches has more to do with finance parlor tricks than it has to do with work. We have fallen so far that despite all our rhetoric to the contrary, the real workers who get dirty and sweaty are even looked down upon while investment income ( non work) gets better tax rates.
White collar jobs are fine and probably what most of us do at this stage of our lives. But we need manufacturing and blue collar jobs a hell of a lot more than we need "derivite investments" . Wall Street won't rebuild our infrasture , regular people will.
Earned income should be the lowest tax category. We need more people fully employed and given the respect they are due.
We need another way to measure our so called economy. And we need to localize not globalize so we can get back to only responding to our own real promlems instead of smoke a mirrors world wide.

You would need an authoritarian and powerful government to prevent people from trading with the world.

Is that part of your isolationist utopia?

donttread
06-22-2016, 08:05 AM
You would need an authoritarian and powerful government to prevent people from trading with the world.

Is that part of your isolationist utopia?

I realise I got a little "ranty" but that's not what I meant. We keep the stock market we just don't treat it as the economic where all and be all. And we replace the control code with a consumption tax, which will do many positive things including giving "everyman" a choice where he invest. I'm all for world trade, just not for daily staples .

Peter1469
06-22-2016, 09:03 AM
I realise I got a little "ranty" but that's not what I meant. We keep the stock market we just don't treat it as the economic where all and be all. And we replace the control code with a consumption tax, which will do many positive things including giving "everyman" a choice where he invest. I'm all for world trade, just not for daily staples .

Funny. I was cooking last night and on my eggplant there was a sticker that it was from Sweden. Who knew they had eggplant.