PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Stephen Colbert Takes The Gloves Off: Gun Control

Cigar
06-22-2016, 07:47 AM
https://youtu.be/buFbk5fQCRc

:applause::applause:

Mac-7
06-22-2016, 07:53 AM
I hear that he has a lot of influence among 20-Something airheads.

so we cant ignore his message, the stupidity it contains, or its impact on willfully ignorant people

Private Pickle
06-22-2016, 07:54 AM
Basically Colbert wanted Congress to "make any law". That logic is completely moronic. Let's kneejerk our reaction to a mass shooting simply to "pass any law".... The rest was just average comedy...

Sorry Colbert....this is the United States...

Mac-7
06-22-2016, 07:55 AM
Basically Colbert wanted Congress to "make any law". That logic is completely moronic. Let's kneejerk our reaction to a mass shooting simply to "pass any law".... The rest was just average comedy...

The group colbert is speaking to do not know what the United States has always stood for.

Cigar
06-22-2016, 07:57 AM
Wow ... that was too easy :laugh:

Peter1469
06-22-2016, 08:52 AM
The enemy is at the door. Quick. Turn in your guns and flee to the gun free zones.

Liberals.

Chris
06-22-2016, 09:24 AM
Colbert is a poor replacement for Letterman.

MMC
06-22-2016, 09:49 AM
Message to Colbert.....Ye shall not infringe. Now sit down and STFU.

Truth Detector
06-22-2016, 10:01 AM
I hear that he has a lot of influence among 20-Something airheads.

so we cant ignore his message, the stupidity it contains, or its impact on willfully ignorant people

I think the above wraps up another thread fail from Ceeegar. :biglaugh:

MMC
06-22-2016, 10:20 AM
I think the above wraps up another thread fail from Ceeegar. :biglaugh:

That's what needs to be told to every Democrat that tries to bring up any gun legislation. Ye shall not Infringe. Got some other legislation ya want to bring up. Introduce etc, etc.

If not.....take that ass, sit down and STFU!

domer76
06-22-2016, 10:44 AM

Knee jerk? You're fucking kidding, aren't you?

Lafayette
Charleston
Chattanooga
Santa Barbara
San Bernardino
Fort Hood (twice)
Virginia Tech
Oak Creek
Aurora
Seattle
Oakland
Norcross
Seal Beach
Tucson
Manchester
Parkland
Binghampton
Geneva County
Carthage

Those all since 2008. So fuck you and your notion of knee jerk.

Private Pickle
06-22-2016, 10:46 AM

Lafayette
Charleston
Chattanooga
Santa Barbara
San Bernardino
Fort Hood (twice)
Virginia Tech
Oak Creek
Aurora
Seattle
Oakland
Norcross
Seal Beach
Tucson
Manchester
Parkland
Binghampton
Geneva County
Carthage

Yeah. Kneejerk. You know what kneejerk means right?

Keep calling me names or telling me to fuck off. Reporting has actually become a new hobby of mine!

domer76
06-22-2016, 10:46 AM

Try to obtain a clue about SCOTUS rulings before you continue to make a fool of yourself.

domer76
06-22-2016, 10:49 AM
Yeah. Kneejerk. You know what kneejerk means right?

Keep calling me names or telling me to fuck off. Reporting has actually become a new hobby of mine!

23 mass shootings since 2008 and the best you idiots have is knee jerk!

You know what knee jerk is? Knee jerk is when 20 babies are slaughtered at Newtown, and the lemmings go running to the gun stores and pay through the nose for more guns. Stupid AND kneejerk. You were one of them.

Private Pickle
06-22-2016, 10:49 AM
Try to obtain a clue about SCOTUS rulings before you continue to make a fool of yourself.

LOL

Apparently that isn't enough for you because you just want "any law passed" as long as it's a gun law.... That kneejerk is the most literal example...

Private Pickle
06-22-2016, 10:52 AM
23 mass shootings since 2008 and the best you idiots have is knee jerk!

You know what knee jerk is? Knee jerk is when 20 babies are slaughtered at Newtown, and the lemmings go running to the gun stores and pay through the nose for more guns. Stupid AND kneejerk. You were one of them.

Actually I haven't purchased a firearm in quite some time. I have enough as it is. But your right...the left's kneejerk reaction led to people making a kneejerk reaction.

That is beside the point and a distraction from the fact that what Senate Dems did with those 4 proposals was kneejerk.

23 mass shootings. How many people died?

domer76
06-22-2016, 10:58 AM
LOL

Apparently that isn't enough for you because you just want "any law passed" as long as it's a gun law.... That kneejerk is the most literal example...

Not "any law" moron. But 23 mass shooting since 2008 gives a Congress plenty of time to figure something out. But barrel-strikers like you are fine with this trend.

domer76
06-22-2016, 11:00 AM
Actually I haven't purchased a firearm in quite some time. I have enough as it is. But your right...the left's kneejerk reaction led to people making a kneejerk reaction.

That is beside the point and a distraction from the fact that what Senate Dems did with those 4 proposals was kneejerk.

23 mass shootings. How many people died?

Why do you need a body count?

20 babies at Newtown alone. You probably needed more to have you rethink things. Would 40 babies be better for you?

Private Pickle
06-22-2016, 11:01 AM
Not "any law" moron. But 23 mass shooting since 2008 gives a Congress plenty of time to figure something out. But barrel-strikers like you are fine with this trend.

Did you or did you not watch Colbert's video?

JDubya
06-22-2016, 11:01 AM
Wow ... that was too easy :laugh:

http://s21.postimg.org/6chu0xog7/images.jpg

birddog
06-22-2016, 11:02 AM
The gun votes were simply a diversion by Obama as he will not properly address the Radical Islamic Terrorist problem. Colbert is an idiot, and so are those agreeing with him.

Private Pickle
06-22-2016, 11:04 AM
Why do you need a body count?

20 babies at Newtown alone. You probably needed more to have you rethink things. Would 40 babies be better for you?

Well I wanted to do the math... You seem to think 23 mass shootings in 8 years is a lot. That's about 3 a year. I was thinking about comparing that to what is happening in Palestine or anywhere else in the ME right now. I wanted to see if the math makes sense and all. If we are talking about .00005% of the population dying then it doesn't make sense to strip 100% of the population's rights from them.

That's my logic though. Your logic is that there is no such thing as a law abiding American who happens to own a gun. They become backwards "barrel strokers" and what not... It's not your fault. It's a programmed response.

Chris
06-22-2016, 11:07 AM

Lafayette
Charleston
Chattanooga
Santa Barbara
San Bernardino
Fort Hood (twice)
Virginia Tech
Oak Creek
Aurora
Seattle
Oakland
Norcross
Seal Beach
Tucson
Manchester
Parkland
Binghampton
Geneva County
Carthage

Please stop talking about and insulting other members, Try to stick to topic. Thanks!

MMC
06-22-2016, 11:09 AM

Try and obtain a clue about the Constitution, then try and at least act like you have some intelligence. Rather than mouthing off.....which you aren't real good at bringing that disrespect.

Know thy place on the food chain victim.

domer76
06-22-2016, 11:11 AM
Well I wanted to do the math... You seem to think 23 mass shootings in 8 years is a lot. That's about 3 a year. I was thinking about comparing that to what is happening in Palestine or anywhere else in the ME right now. I wanted to see if the math makes sense and all. If we are talking about .00005% of the population dying then it doesn't make sense to strip 100% of the population's rights from them.

That's my logic though. Your logic is that there is no such thing as a law abiding American who happens to own a gun. They become backwards "barrel strokers" and what not... It's not your fault. It's a programmed response.

Here's a hint, pal. This isn't Palestine.

How many is acceptable to you? Only one every 6 months versus every few months? Perhaps another few baby killings.

domer76
06-22-2016, 11:12 AM
Try and obtain a clue about the Constitution, then try and at least act like you have some intelligence. Rather than mouthing off.....which you aren't real good at bringing that disrespect.

Know thy place on the food chain victim.

Read Heller and get back to me. You're making a fool of yourself.

Private Pickle
06-22-2016, 11:16 AM

How many is acceptable to you? Only one every 6 months versus every few months? Perhaps another few baby killings.

Sure. That would be acceptable to me in order to remain free. I would do just about anything to maintain my liberty. Probably because I've seen what oppression does and the evil that so often follows it.

Why is it that you're so willing to give up your liberties? I know freedom can be scary but we as Americans should recognize that true freedom has steep costs and to never fear those costs rather meet them head on.

The Xl
06-22-2016, 11:16 AM
Gun crime is astonishing low per capita, and gun deaths are in decline. This is probably the most fabricated and exaggerated issue in recent American politics.

MMC
06-22-2016, 11:19 AM
Read Heller and get back to me. You're making a fool of yourself.

Read Turley the Lib Constitutional Attorney......then lets see what you got.

domer76
06-22-2016, 11:22 AM
Sure. That would be acceptable to me in order to remain free. I would do just about anything to maintain my liberty. Probably because I've seen what oppression does and the evil that so often follows it.

Why is it that you're so willing to give up your liberties? I know freedom can be scary but we as Americans should recognize that true freedom has steep costs and to never fear those costs rather meet them head on.

Equating the ownership of your surrogate penis with "liberty" is laughable. And the thought that the slaughter of children is fine with you as long as you get to keep your pissant peashooter is despicable.

domer76
06-22-2016, 11:23 AM
Gun crime is astonishing low per capita, and gun deaths are in decline. This is probably the most fabricated and exaggerated issue in recent American politics.

Astonishingly low? Just the highest in the western world, that's all.

JDubya
06-22-2016, 11:24 AM

The day is coming soon when they show up at your door to take your substitute for real manhood away from you.

And I'll be sitting here laughing and cheering when they do.

I hope they take down plenty of resistors too.

domer76
06-22-2016, 11:25 AM
Read Turley the Lib Constitutional Attorney......then lets see what you got.

Since he's not on the Supreme Court, his vote doesn't count. You probably didn't know that, though.

MMC
06-22-2016, 11:29 AM
The day is coming soon when they show up at your door to take your substitute for real manhood away from you.

Nah, tell the truth all you will be doing is sitting there bleating looking all wooly and white and waiting to be the lamb that gets slaughtered. You were born to be a victim.

I just wish it was your mealy mouth ass that would try.

MMC
06-22-2016, 11:31 AM
Since he's not on the Supreme Court, his vote doesn't count. You probably didn't know that, though.

Whos the one that just went into SCOTUS and smacked some taste out BO peep special package. Try again.

domer76
06-22-2016, 11:35 AM
Whos the one that just went into SCOTUS and smacked some taste out BO peep special package. Try again.

Why do you insist on demonstrating your Constitutional ignorance on such a regular basis?

MMC
06-22-2016, 11:42 AM
Why do you insist on demonstrating your Constitutional ignorance on such a regular basis?

What part about not infringe don't you get. We should put that in stone around every capital and court building. So you and the weakness of the country can't forget it.

Private Pickle
06-22-2016, 12:04 PM
Equating the ownership of your surrogate penis with "liberty" is laughable. And the thought that the slaughter of children is fine with you as long as you get to keep your pissant peashooter is despicable.

Well that's because you have less than a base understanding of the Constitution. I equate the 2nd Amendment as part of my liberty. If you think a mass shooting is bad...wait until you're mass deported to a reprograming camp and end up dying building a road to Alaska...

Only Americans don't think it will happen to them.

You infatuation with penises is noted though...

domer76
06-22-2016, 12:28 PM
What part about not infringe don't you get. We should put that in stone around every capital and court building. So you and the weakness of the country can't forget it.

What part of Heller and Scalia's opinion do you not fathom? The precious possession of your surrogate dick CAN be infringed upon. Quit demonstrating your willful ignorance.

domer76
06-22-2016, 12:30 PM
Well that's because you have less than a base understanding of the Constitution. I equate the 2nd Amendment as part of my liberty. If you think a mass shooting is bad...wait until you're mass deported to a reprograming camp and end up dying building a road to Alaska...

Only Americans don't think it will happen to them.

You infatuation with penises is noted though...

You're off your meds again, aren't you?

Truth Detector
06-22-2016, 12:30 PM
Knee jerk? You're $#@!ing kidding, aren't you?

Lafayette
Charleston
Chattanooga
Santa Barbara
San Bernardino
Fort Hood (twice)
Virginia Tech
Oak Creek
Aurora
Seattle
Oakland
Norcross
Seal Beach
Tucson
Manchester
Parkland
Binghampton
Geneva County
Carthage

Those all since 2008. So $#@! you and your notion of knee jerk.

So Obama is a failure when it comes to making us safe and gun laws did NOTHING to prevent these tragedies. Thank you for being the poster child for failed Liberul policies. :biglaugh:

Private Pickle
06-22-2016, 12:31 PM

Ad hom.

Truth Detector
06-22-2016, 12:31 PM

What gun laws would have prevented any of these shootings? ::tapping my toe::

Truth Detector
06-22-2016, 12:33 PM

Okay, how about the body count for the last eight years in urban sewers like Chicago? What gun laws are preventing those?

Truth Detector
06-22-2016, 12:34 PM

Will they be wearing brown shirts?? :biglaugh:

JDubya
06-22-2016, 12:34 PM
So Obama is a failure when it comes to making us safe and gun laws did NOTHING to prevent these tragedies. Thank you for being the poster child for failed Liberul policies. :biglaugh:

No, thank YOU for providing us with yet another example of....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COmUUJbWsAAROH_.jpg:large

....the stupidity of conservatives.

Truth Detector
06-22-2016, 12:36 PM
What part of Heller and Scalia's opinion do you not fathom? The precious possession of your surrogate dick CAN be infringed upon. Quit demonstrating your willful ignorance.

LMAO @ "surrogate dick"; you're quite full of bullschit like this while engaging in your empty headed emotional outbursts. I'm still waiting to see what gun laws would have prevented any of these tragedies and the needless slaughter in our Liberul run urban sewers.

Truth Detector
06-22-2016, 12:37 PM

It is ironic watching you talk about stupidity while trying to link Bush to the tragedy of 9-11. DERP

Common
06-22-2016, 12:38 PM
Seriously I pay no attention to that clown and I never watch him.

domer76
06-22-2016, 12:41 PM

Here's the failure. The NRA has you and your little tiny unthinking nuts, as well
as the pussies in Congress in their back pockets.

They play you like a worn out fiddle and you're too dense to realize it.

It's called FEAR, girly boy. And you buy it

Chris
06-22-2016, 12:41 PM

Stop calling members names. Start discussing topic.

Peter1469
06-22-2016, 12:43 PM
Warning: don't do that. But kudos to getting your point across without a foul mouth. That is progress.

JDubya
06-22-2016, 12:43 PM
Will they be wearing brown shirts?? :biglaugh:

Probably look more like this....

http://truthaboutguns-zippykid.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Whose-side-is-he-on-courtesy-sipseystreeirregulars.com_.jpg

The average gun clutcher's view will probably look more like this....

http://cdn.buzzpo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/image10.jpg

Hope you all enjoy it.

For about a split second.

birddog
06-22-2016, 12:45 PM

I'm surprised you put that up. 9-11 was primarily caused by the incompetence of Slick Willie as CIC! Period!

MMC
06-22-2016, 12:45 PM

It can be touched but don't taste.

2. Like most rights, the Second Amendment (https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct-cgi/get-const?amendmentii) right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons. Pp. 54–56.
3. The handgun ban and the trigger-lock requirement (as applied to self-defense) violate the Second Amendment (https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct-cgi/get-const?amendmentii) . The District’s total ban on handgun possession in the home amounts to a prohibition on an entire class of “arms” that Americans overwhelmingly choose for the lawful purpose of self-defense. Under any of the standards of scrutiny the Court has applied to enumerated constitutional rights, this prohibition—in the place where the importance of the lawful defense of self, family, and property is most acute—would fail constitutional muster. Similarly, the requirement that any lawful firearm in the home be disassembled or bound by a trigger lock makes it impossible for citizens to use arms for the core lawful purpose of self-defense and is hence unconstitutional. Because Heller conceded at oral argument that the D. C. licensing law is permissible if it is not enforced arbitrarily and capriciously, the Court assumes that a license will satisfy his prayer for relief and does not address the licensing requirement. Assuming he is not disqualified from exercising Second Amendment (https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct-cgi/get-const?amendmentii) rights, the District must permit Heller to register his handgun and must issue him a license to carry it in the home. Pp. 56–64.
478 F. 3d 370, affirmed.

Scalia, J., delivered the opinion of the Court, in which Roberts, C. J., and Kennedy, Thomas, and Alito, JJ., joined. Stevens, J., filed a dissenting opinion, in which Souter, Ginsburg, and Breyer, JJ., joined. Breyer, J., filed a dissenting opinion, in which Stevens, Souter, and Ginsburg, JJ., joined.....snip~

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/07-290.ZS.html

JDubya
06-22-2016, 12:48 PM
It is ironic watching you talk about stupidity while trying to link Bush to the tragedy of 9-11. DERP

After you tried to link Obama to the epidemic of gun massacres happening in this country, nothing else even qualifies as stupid anymore.

You've defined it and now, personify it.

JDubya
06-22-2016, 12:49 PM
I'm surprised you put that up. 9-11 was primarily caused by the incompetence of Slick Willie as CIC! Period!

The "little voices" still talking to you, eh?

Truth Detector
06-22-2016, 12:53 PM
Here's the failure. The NRA has you and your little tiny unthinking nuts, as well
as the pussies in Congress in their back pockets.

There you go again with those moronic starwman talking points again; you're quite full of them aren't you?

They play you like a worn out fiddle and you're too dense to realize it.

Ironic coming from a clueless parrot of left wing talking points. So have you figured out yet what laws prevented all these gun tragedies? DERP

It's called FEAR, girly boy. And you buy it

More dimwitted strawmen; we're going to need a life raft in lieu of hip waders with all the buillschit you're capable of bloviating with. :biglaugh:

Truth Detector
06-22-2016, 12:54 PM
Probably look more like this....

The average gun clutcher's view will probably look more like this....

Hope you all enjoy it.

For about a split second.

Nah; most likely they would be wearing brown shirts with swastikas. The irony for Liberuls is they think it will be THEIR guys coming. :biglaugh:

Truth Detector
06-22-2016, 12:56 PM
After you tried to link Obama to the epidemic of gun massacres happening in this country, nothing else even qualifies as stupid anymore.

You've defined it and now, personify it.

I didn't try to link him to it; is he not the head of the FBI? Didn't the FBI interview this perp twice? They did nothing; therefore, someone with even half a brain would say that if anyone failed, it would be this administration. But brain dead twits on the left agree with Obama and think it was Republicans who didn't pass gun laws which would have done NOTHING to prevent this, or any other, tragedy. Yes, Liberuls really are THAT incredibly dense, gullible and stupid.

Truth Detector
06-22-2016, 12:59 PM

Here are the voices you apparently listen to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DBdrLDKz5I

:biglaugh:

Bo-4
06-22-2016, 02:22 PM
Colbert rocks the hardest when he's pissed off.

:D

birddog
06-22-2016, 04:27 PM

No, I'm smart enough to remember facts! :rollseyes:

Truth Detector
06-22-2016, 04:32 PM
Colbert rocks the hardest when he's pissed off.

:D

Colbert looks the dumbest when he opens his mouth. :biglaugh: