PDA

View Full Version : Warning: The Truth About Guns from NBC News

Cigar
06-22-2016, 11:27 AM
https://youtu.be/N5HHbwi7Pl4

Peter1469
06-22-2016, 12:08 PM
Largely good. But some of it is silly. Assault weapons have detachable magazines... Really. This is like going to a homeless man for investment advice.

MMC
06-22-2016, 12:10 PM
https://youtu.be/N5HHbwi7Pl4

Now from one that has all the real stats. :wink:

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/65194-The-War-on-Guns-Arming-Yourself-Against-Gun-Control-Lies?p=1604802#post1604802

Cigar
06-22-2016, 12:13 PM
Now from one that has all the real stats. :wink:

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/65194-The-War-on-Guns-Arming-Yourself-Against-Gun-Control-Lies?p=1604802#post1604802

Question: do you agree or deny that suicides are up and that homicides are down?

Yes or No ... period!

Subdermal
06-22-2016, 12:21 PM
Question: do you agree or deny that suicides are up and that homicides are down?

Yes or No ... period!

I think that's true. What's your point?

MMC
06-22-2016, 12:32 PM

Yes or No ... period!

No not period.....suicides are up all the way round.

Of course there will be more once Trump is sworn in. But it will just be an increase from the left. So it won't hurt the country.

gamewell45
06-22-2016, 01:02 PM
No not period.....suicides are up all the way round.

Of course there will be more once Trump is sworn in. But it will just be an increase from the left. So it won't hurt the country.

I thought that human life was precious to conservatives, but i guess not in this case. Not a very charitable statement on your behalf and god forbid it was a family member, you'd take a very different position I'm sure.

Truth Detector
06-22-2016, 01:07 PM
The Truth About Guns from NBC News

Funniest schit I have seen. The media telling the truth about guns! :biglaugh:

Private Pickle
06-22-2016, 01:08 PM
I thought that human life was precious to conservatives, but i guess not in this case. Not a very charitable statement on your behalf and god forbid it was a family member, you'd take a very different position I'm sure.

Ever hear "Give me liberty or give me death"?

MMC
06-22-2016, 01:26 PM

I'm only conservative with my money and time. Naturally family always comes first. Even if some of them were Democrats. Albeit Blue dogs that were Pro Gun and would tell these Democrats how to stick it where the sun don't shine.

Standing Wolf
06-22-2016, 03:03 PM
I would like to have seen them also address the matter of just how small a percentage of gun-related deaths are in any way connected with rifles, "assault-style" or otherwise, or even with semi-automatic pistols. The firearm used most frequently in unlawful shootings is the .38 caliber revolver.

Cigar
06-22-2016, 03:08 PM
Chris Hayes replayed his discussion on MSNBC about Smart Guns.

Once again ... the vast majority of American Support Smart Safe Weapons.

I'd by one.

It's nice to know you could never get Killed by your ow Gun or a Child accidentally shooting themselves with it.

I don't understand who would be against this?

Standing Wolf
06-22-2016, 03:16 PM
It's nice to know you could never get Killed by your ow Gun or a Child accidentally shooting themselves with it.

Because machines always work exactly as they are designed to work and never fail at critical moments. Uh huh.

:smiley-char092:

JDubya
06-22-2016, 03:24 PM

Between the two choices, liberty is not the one I'd like to see gun clutchers given.

That only leaves one.

domer76
06-22-2016, 03:29 PM

Take the latter. That is, unless you're a pussy.

Standing Wolf
06-22-2016, 03:32 PM
Between the two choices, liberty is not the one I'd like to see gun clutchers given.

That only leaves one.

I, for one, sincerely hope that this apparent obsession that you have with your ideological opponents being killed has led to your having, at some point, been adjudged mentally incompetent, making you ineligible to purchase and own a firearm.

Private Pickle
06-22-2016, 03:36 PM

That only leaves one.

It's obvious you don't want your fellow American to have their liberty and it's obvious you have no problem killing those who disagree with you. Stalin would be proud.

Private Pickle
06-22-2016, 03:37 PM
Take the latter. That is, unless you're a pussy.

The pussies are the ones advocating to strip their own rights.

domer76
06-22-2016, 03:53 PM
It's obvious you don't want your fellow American to have their liberty and it's obvious you have no problem killing those who disagree with you. Stalin would be proud.

You poor dope. The rest of the world has no problem with limiting your surrogate dick, yet you cling to that fallacy that you need a pissant popgun for the full fulfillment of your "liberty". And you flaccidly resort to the Stalin mantra.

Go buy the largest caliber substitute penis you can. You need it.

nathanbforrest45
06-22-2016, 03:59 PM
You poor dope. The rest of the world has no problem with limiting your surrogate dick, yet you cling to that fallacy that you need a pissant popgun for the full fulfillment of your "liberty". And you flaccidly resort to the Stalin mantra.

Perhaps we should take away your right to post billship on the internet.

Private Pickle
06-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Again the infatuation with the penis. You say people with guns have penis problems but you're the one continually talking about it.

All the while refusing to actually debate.... Hmmmm so what is it with you and the penis?

domer76
06-22-2016, 04:11 PM
Perhaps we should take away your right to post billship on the internet.

Again, you exhibit a stupendous ignorance of almost everything. No right of that at all. But you're not bright enough to know that.

domer76
06-22-2016, 04:13 PM
Again the infatuation with the penis. You say people with guns have penis problems but you're the one continually talking about it.

All the while refusing to actually debate.... Hmmmm so what is it with you and the penis?

Look here, tiny weiner boy. You have misinterpreted, misunderstood and failed to understand anything about the Second. Your mantra seems to be always "shall not be infringed". Guess what, sweet honey on your NRA knees. It IS.

Private Pickle
06-22-2016, 04:18 PM
Look here, tiny weiner boy. You have misinterpreted, misunderstood and failed to understand anything about the Second. Your mantra seems to be always "shall not be infringed". Guess what, sweet honey on your NRA knees. It IS.

Again with the penis thing. Have you done some soul searching on your infatuation with the penis? Did you do time in prison or something?

Standing Wolf
06-22-2016, 04:20 PM
Domer, you seem to want to be taken seriously, but your childish, insulting rhetoric has exactly the opposite effect. You couldn't be doing your stated position and cause any worse damage if you intended it.

domer76
06-22-2016, 04:22 PM
Again with the penis thing. Have you done some soul searching on your infatuation with the penis? Did you do time in prison or something?

Poor feckless, helpless, flaccid punk without a popgun on your hip. Stay behind momma's skirt

Truth Detector
06-22-2016, 04:26 PM

Poor feckless, helpless, flaccid punk without a popgun on your hip. Stay behind momma's skirt

This is what the Liberul argument for gun bans is reduced to; any questions? :biglaugh:

PolWatch
06-22-2016, 04:33 PM
Please keep the discussion civil. Excessive vulgarity is a violation of rule 5

Standing Wolf
06-22-2016, 04:35 PM
This is what the Liberul argument for gun bans is reduced to; any questions?

If Democratic lawmakers were serious about reducing the level of gun violence in America, they would mandate and fund a police crackdown on inner city gang activity and the drug trade. Such a politically incorrect recognition of where the greatest number of casualties are coming from and who is responsible for them will never happen.

Common Sense
06-22-2016, 04:43 PM
If Democratic lawmakers were serious about reducing the level of gun violence in America, they would mandate and fund a police crackdown on inner city gang activity and the drug trade. Such a politically incorrect recognition of where the greatest number of casualties are coming from and who is responsible for them will never happen.

Actually law enforcement does focus on gangs, but it's not a simple issue.

In regards to homicides and gangs...

"So, do we have a gang problem or a gun problem? Data (https://www.nationalgangcenter.gov/Survey-Analysis/Measuring-the-Extent-of-Gang-Problems) collected by the National Gang Center, the government agency responsible for cataloging gang violence, makes clear that it’s the latter. There were 1,824 gang-related killings in 2011. This total includes deaths by means other than a gun. The Bureau of Justice Statistics finds (http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf) this number to be even lower, identifying a little more than 1,000 gang-related homicides in 2008. In comparison (http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/united-states), there were 11,101 homicides and 19,766 suicides committed with firearms in 2011."

http://www.armedwithreason.com/do-we-have-a-gang-problem-or-a-gun-problem/
https://www.nationalgangcenter.gov/Survey-Analysis/Measuring-the-Extent-of-Gang-Problems

Standing Wolf
06-22-2016, 05:11 PM
"So, do we have a gang problem or a gun problem? Data (https://www.nationalgangcenter.gov/Survey-Analysis/Measuring-the-Extent-of-Gang-Problems) collected by the National Gang Center, the government agency responsible for cataloging gang violence, makes clear that it’s the latter. There were 1,824 gang-related killings in 2011. This total includes deaths by means other than a gun. The Bureau of Justice Statistics finds (http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf) this number to be even lower, identifying a little more than 1,000 gang-related homicides in 2008. In comparison (http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/united-states), there were 11,101 homicides and 19,766 suicides committed with firearms in 2011."

Because a homicide was not statistically classified as "gang-related" means little. It only indicates that the shooter was either unknown, or that the shooter's ties to a gang could not be confirmed as having any connection with the shooting. Keep in mind, as well, that many of the non-gang-related homicides were legally justifiable, for one reason or another.

Mister D
06-22-2016, 05:17 PM
Because a homicide was not statistically classified as "gang-related" means little. It only indicates that the shooter was either unknown, or that the shooter's ties to a gang could not be confirmed as having any connection with the shooting. Keep in mind, as well, that many of the non-gang-related homicides were legally justifiable, for one reason or another.

I believe our Crepitus posted a detailed description of some of the incidents where the shooter(s) were unknown and they are often in gang infested cities. I remember laughing at one where someone drove by a BBQ and shot it up somewhere in California. Yeah, that wasn't gang related.

Private Pickle
06-22-2016, 06:59 PM

Why? Is it safe there? Has your mother's skirt kept you safe all these years?

Mister D
06-22-2016, 07:02 PM

He lives in Boise. He only sees crime and colored people on TV. lol

MMC
06-22-2016, 07:23 PM
He lives in Boise. He only sees crime and colored people on TV. lol

The Cosby Show, huh? :laugh:

Peter1469
06-22-2016, 07:25 PM

I'd by one.

Smart gun tech is not reliable. Trust it if you want. Don't force Americans to.

Mister D
06-22-2016, 07:40 PM
I would like to have seen them also address the matter of just how small a percentage of gun-related deaths are in any way connected with rifles, "assault-style" or otherwise, or even with semi-automatic pistols. The firearm used most frequently in unlawful shootings is the .38 caliber revolver.

Really? I'm a little surprised by that. When I was a kid in the 1980s that would make more sense to me but today? I thought it would be a semi-automatic pistol of some kind.

domer76
06-22-2016, 08:50 PM

Private Pickle
06-22-2016, 08:51 PM
Lol

domer76
06-22-2016, 08:51 PM

Mom died in 1987. I never needed a gun in the house before then or after then. What about you, pussy?

Private Pickle
06-22-2016, 08:53 PM
Speechless and owned.

Mister D
06-22-2016, 08:55 PM
Mom died in 1987. I never needed a gun in the house before then or after then. What about you, $#@!?

You live in Boise.

Private Pickle
06-22-2016, 09:38 PM
Mom died in 1987. I never needed a gun in the house before then or after then. What about you, pussy?

Before then? So you wicked your mom? Sick man!

zelmo1234
06-22-2016, 09:41 PM

I have very little control over people that want to kill themselves. Family or not.

Mental health is an issue, but the democrats don't want to address that.

Cletus
06-22-2016, 10:57 PM

I seriously doubt that is true.

I'd by one.

I am sure you would.

I am equally sure you don't.