PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to know about how a Liberal may think?

AZ Jim
06-22-2016, 12:43 PM
I ran across the most insightful article by a southern author who is a liberal and her explanation as to why she will no longer discuss politics with her many conservative friends. If you want serious insight this is a great read. If you just think it's either the author or me who is trying to change you it probably is just a waste of your time. Don't just try to disprove any of her points, remember she is explaining why she feels and votes as she does, she isn't interested in debate, nor am I.

http://www.liberalamerica.org/2015/02/11/28-reasons-im-done-talking-to-most-of-my-conservative-friends-and-family-members/

Private Pickle
06-22-2016, 12:46 PM
Well not interested in debate while posting on a debate forum. Yup...liberal...

Truth Detector
06-22-2016, 12:47 PM
I ran across the most insightful article by a southern author who is a liberal and her explanation as to why she will no longer discuss politics with her many conservative friends. If you want serious insight this is a great read. If you just think it's either the author or me who is trying to change you it probably is just a waste of your time. Don't just try to disprove any of her points, remember she is explaining why she feels and votes as she does, she isn't interested in debate, nor am I.

http://www.liberalamerica.org/2015/02/11/28-reasons-im-done-talking-to-most-of-my-conservative-friends-and-family-members/

This opinion piece is a bunch of baloney and DOA; everyone knows Liberuls seldom, if ever, think. You're exhibit "A". :biglaugh:

AZ Jim
06-22-2016, 01:01 PM
This opinion piece is a bunch of baloney and DOA; everyone knows Liberuls seldom, if ever, think. You're exhibit "A". :biglaugh:Did you take time to read it before spouting off?

Truth Detector
06-22-2016, 01:05 PM
Did you take time to read it before spouting off?

It's an anecdotal missive in a Liberal leftist blog; why would anyone need to read this crap except for willful dullards who run around with their eyes and minds tightly closed. But yes, I got to number two and realized I was reading the rant of a leftist moron. Hell, the title gave that one away.

:biglaugh:

Hell, I could give you 35 reasons I quit having debates with Liberuls. Would you find it interesting and enlightening reading? DERP!

You happen to be one of the most closed minded, uninformed liberuls I have yet to see engage in this forum. It's a hoot watching you erupt.

Mac-7
06-22-2016, 01:08 PM
Well not interested in debate while posting on a debate forum. Yup...liberal...

Not only that

jim is not even offering to debate or not

he's just here to hold the petticoat of some angry liberal woman while SHE refuses to debate.

AZ Jim
06-22-2016, 01:28 PM
Well not interested in debate while posting on a debate forum. Yup...liberal...Pickle I have debated you in the past, will kick your ass in many more discussions in the future, but had you given a little thought to what I said in my OP this is an opinion of a liberal as to her line of thought about politics. You want to bounce your opinions off her, see her. I will allow this to be what I said it was in the beginning. Now, go away with your ignorance and never wonder again why you can't understand anyone's thinking but yours.

Chris
06-22-2016, 01:39 PM

I started reading. It sounded like she disagreed in opinion and just didn't want to discuss.

Don
06-22-2016, 02:12 PM
Typical liberal nut job. Her biggest problem is that she assumes that we assume all the things she accuses us of. Scratch that, she knows we are guilty of all the things she accuses us of because the LWEC told her it was true. END OF DISCUSSION!!!

Green Arrow
06-22-2016, 02:17 PM
I don't believe I've ever stopped debating anyone, regardless of their political leanings. Don't plan to ever stop, either.

FindersKeepers
06-22-2016, 02:18 PM
First -- the young lady -- obviously a member of the Snowflake Generation, hasn't a clue as to what a conservative is. She's actually whining about far-right-religious folks, and they are just one small segment in what is deemed "conservative."

She says conservatives use scripture to keep from feeding the hungry and yet I work side-by-side with rescue groups, Food Bank volunteers and those who help bring irrigation to Central American communities and never once have I encountered a liberal. I don't know where they are -- I'm usually the only atheist -- but most of the groups I work with are Christian and they fund the work -- our government doesn't.

Her article is perfect for Cigar's "Whiny Wednesday."

She claim conservatives don't want those who disagree with them to vote, and yet it is the liberals trying to interrupt the democratic process -- violently -- at rallies of candidates that hurt their tender sensibilities.

The kicker? Her number 17. Poor little moron must not have realized that the founder of the Westboro Church -- the one that pickets funerals -- was a DEMOCRAT. Al Gore was his buddy. The Patriot Guard that stands between the protesters and the grieving family members are conservatives.

And for gawdsake -- she totally blew it on 19. She doesn't even know what a draft dodger is.

I had to quit reading after that. That had to be one of the biggest piles of steaming horse$hit I've ever seen.

She probably doesn't realize that her conservative friends and family are HAPPY the leftie-loon no longer wants to discuss politics. They're probably greatly relieved that they don't have to suffer the craziness anymore.

FindersKeepers
06-22-2016, 02:20 PM
I don't believe I've ever stopped debating anyone, regardless of their political leanings. Don't plan to ever stop, either.

To "stop debating" or "stop discussing" is a sign of mental weakness. If someone can no longer debate, they might as well curl up in a corner somewhere and cry themselves to sleep -- as I strongly suspect the author of the OP article is doing.

AZ Jim
06-22-2016, 02:25 PM
No disappointment so far. Republican comments fully expected.

Cletus
06-22-2016, 02:34 PM

I read it.

I suspect the real reason she refuses to discuss politics with Conservatives anymore is because she is incapable of intelligent discussion.

FindersKeepers
06-22-2016, 02:35 PM

Read what the Snowflake wrote again.

You're better than that.

Standing Wolf
06-22-2016, 02:49 PM
Some of the author's points were 'right on', while others, while they may apply to some of her friends and family members, are far from being fairly applied to all self-identified "conservatives" - to be fair, she did write that she was referring, in this blog, to some conservatives, not all - and a few betrayed a basic misunderstanding on her part of what someone - a gun-owner, for instance - might actually be attempting to convey to her when expressing their views. (Saying that "You care more about your guns than your children" is a low blow and unworthy of serious response.)

Before self-identified conservatives get too self-righteously offended, however, take a moment to think about some of the silly, unfair and completely ridiculous claims some of you routinely make about "liberals" on this very board. Because some of my views tend toward one side of the aisle and some the other, I have felt the "love" from both directions and I can attest that neither side has sole possession either of the high ground or the low. I have seen just as many self-i.d.ed conservatives flail and bail on a discussion they could not keep up their end of as I have seen liberals do, and I have seen every bit as much unreasoning, emotion-filled gibberish coming from the Right as from the Left.

PolWatch
06-22-2016, 02:52 PM
As someone living in the deep South, I can see some of her points. I don't agree with all of them but this is a blog expressing personal opinion based on personal experience. Those who want to discount all of it kinda prove some of the points.

midcan5
06-22-2016, 02:53 PM
LOL I think I have written things along those lines for years now and rarely am I too far off base. The republican will put on the conservative hat and the conservative will put on the republican hat as their defense. Usually comeback: you don't know what a conservative is. No, really? Hate to repeat myself but book quoted below covers the topic, and below that I'll add an old post on repubs aka conservatives.

"With engaging wit and subtle irony, Albert Hirschman maps the diffuse and treacherous world of reactionary rhetoric in which conservative public figures, thinkers, and polemicists have been arguing against progressive agendas and reforms for the past two hundred years.

"Hirschman draws his examples from three successive waves of reactive thought that arose in response to the liberal ideas of the French Revolution and the Declaration of the Rights of Man, to democratization and the drive toward universal suffrage in the nineteenth century, and to the welfare state in our own century. In each case he identifies three principal arguments invariably used: (1) the perversity thesis, whereby any action to improve some feature of the political, social, or economic order is alleged to result in the exact opposite of what was intended; (2) the futility thesis, which predicts that attempts at social transformation will produce no effects whatever—will simply be incapable of making a dent in the status quo; (3) the jeopardy thesis, holding that the cost of the proposed reform is unacceptable because it will endanger previous hard-won accomplishments. He illustrates these propositions by citing writers across the centuries from Alexis de Tocqueville to George Stigler, Herbert Spencer to Jay Forrester, Edmund Burke to Charles Murray. Finally, in a lightning turnabout, he shows that progressives are frequently apt to employ closely related rhetorical postures, which are as biased as their reactionary counterparts. For those who aspire to the genuine dialogue that characterizes a truly democratic society, Hirschman points out that both types of rhetoric function, in effect, as contraptions designed to make debate impossible. In the process, his book makes an original contribution to democratic thought." The Rhetoric of Reactionhttp://www.amazon.com/Rhetoric-Reaction-Perversity-Futility-Jeopardy/dp/067476868X/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8

====================

Republicans are driven by ideology and not any sense of reality. When rigid concepts, rather than flexible thought guide you, there is always the appearance of misplaced values. Consider the ten Pavlovian dogs - no criticism of dogs meant - who raised their hands like puppets over the 10% tax question during the debate and you must realize no thinking was involved. Allow me to list an old post with a slight edit on their thinking. The task to make republicans thinking citizens is similar to convincing a child to eat healthy. Ideas?

This is a list of concepts and ideas that arrange the way a republican thinks about a number of topics. The list includes items that are positive and negative and often it is the degree to which something is believed or used that determines the way they understand any of the issues that face us as Americans. They serve as categories that allow easy classification without thinking or reasoning. If they thought or reasoned they would be liberals.

You believe taxes are bad
You believe a government that taxes is bad
You believe Unions are bad
You believe giving tax cuts to those who ship jobs overseas is good
You believe people on welfare are cheaters
You believe welfare is bad
You believe CEOs making 100 million are getting paid fairly
You believe minimum wage is getting paid too much
You believe millions of dollars of compensation for the rich is a good
You believe helping the poor is a bad
You believe government contracts for the rich are good
You believe anyone without a job isn't looking
You support small business but not the Small Business Administration
You support small business but give dividend relief to the large corporations
You support small business but tax breaks go to the top 3%
You support small business but you shop at Walmart
You support small business but you buy foreign products
Government is a bad thing but the military industrial complex is a good thing
Regulation is bad but bailing out failed mismanaged corporations is good
You talk Jesus and the power of religion but vote more corporate power
You talk family values but vote more corporate power
You talk less government but support more corporate power
You talk honesty but support more corporate power
You believe in a domino theory of actions
You believe in the slippery slope of morals
You believe the ideas of liberalism that founded America is now bad
You protest against so called cultural elitism not corporate greed
You protest against abortion not lack of education and funding
You protest against evolution not the inequality of wages
You protest against atheism not poor living conditions
You believe a few cells is a person but bombing living people is fine
A few cells is a person but executions are fine
A few cells is a person but executing retarded people is fine
A few cells is a person but supporting medical research that could save lives is bad
A few cells is a person but the child that dies every minute doesn't matter
A few cells is a person but food supports are bad
A few cells is a person but sex education about it is bad
A few cells is a person but condoms are bad
We invaded Iraq because it was a threat to us
We invaded Iraq because they didn't follow UN resolution 1441
We invaded Iraq because they didn't allow UN inspectors
We invaded Iraq because Saddam was a bad man
We invaded Iraq to free the Iraqi people
We invaded Iraq to form a democracy in the middle east
You believe education is good but don't support it
You believe education is a good thing but we don't need public schools
You believe education is a good thing so long as they teach your values and religion
You say 'leave no child behind' but make sure the rich get further ahead
You impose 'No Child' laws but let the states pay for it
You say 'compassionate' but cut back support for food for children
You say 'compassionate' but withdraw aid for after school programs
You say 'compassionate' but weaken international laws that protect children
You believe it's ok to be armed but one ounce of pot is a jail sentence
You believe it's ok to be armed but medical marijuana is bad
You believe it's ok to be armed but song lyrics should be banned
You believe it's ok to be armed and those who aren't are out of touch with reality
You believe it is ok that women do not have the same rights as men
You believe women should be quiet and in the background
You believe women are ok but you hate Hilary
You support women but close the Office for Women's Initiatives
You support women but remove medically accurate information from the web
You believe tariffs are bad unless you are a corporate farmer
You believe tariffs are bad unless it helps win votes
You believe free trade is fine so long as it doesn't affect your corporate contributors
You believe affirmative action is bad but connections are ok
You believe global warming is myth
You believe pollution is not an issue
You believe the environment will take care of itself
You believe we must roll back the New Deal
You believe interfering in the lives of gays is proper
You believe interfering in the lives of those who choose to die is proper
You believe government is bad unless it enforces your values
You believe government is bad unless it is bails out corporations
You believe government is bad unless it builds more prisons
You believe creating laws that impose on personal freedoms is good
You believe that what another citizen is doing in their bedroom is your concern
You believe if it is not something you believe in then it is wrong
You believe you support the military
You believe you support the military while you cut back their benefits
You believe you support the military while you close VA hospitals
You believe you support the military while you send them to war with no plan
You believe you support the military while your candidates never served
You believe creationism is good science
You believe Evolution is just a theory
You believe media is liberal
You believe Limbaugh is right on
You believe Hannity is right on
You believe Coulter is right on
You believe Savage is right on
You believe Ingram is right on
You believe the WSJ editorial page is right on
You believe Fox is fair and balanced
You believe Bush is a common man even though he has never worked nor served
You believe Cheney is a common man even with a 55 million paycheck
You believe the republicans represent the common man while the corporations support them
You believe liberal or elitist is bad
You believe some people are bad because of the coffee they drink
You believe some people are bad because they read
You believe some people are bad because they have traveled
You believe people are bad because of the car they drive
You believe people are bad because they honor dissent in America
You believe it is not honesty and hard work but culture that defines us
You believe it is not honesty and hard work but religion that defines us
You believe it is not honesty and hard work but political affiliation that defines us
You must believe as you believe in nothing else that your opponent's ideas are bad
You must never concede that your opponent has a valid point you must repeat that
You must finally raise your partisanship to an ideology that you believe as a child believes
You believe you do not reason
You believe you do not think
You believe

The scariest thing about the new right is the power it has on many. They do not question the assumptions it makes, they start at the top of this list and they find there truths that should not be questioned. An irony of this is the pieces by themselves are not always negative it is rather the combination of all working together that are a threat to our individual and economic freedoms.

Edit: Kinda dated but you get the picture.

Subdermal
06-22-2016, 02:56 PM
Read what the Snowflake wrote again.

You're better than that.

No, he absolutely 100% is not better than that. He's exactly like that.

AZ Jim
06-22-2016, 03:06 PM
No, he absolutely 100% is not better than that. He's exactly like that.There's the crotch worm.

Private Pickle
06-22-2016, 03:34 PM
Pickle I have debated you in the past, will kick your ass in many more discussions in the future, but had you given a little thought to what I said in my OP this is an opinion of a liberal as to her line of thought about politics. You want to bounce your opinions off her, see her. I will allow this to be what I said it was in the beginning. Now, go away with your ignorance and never wonder again why you can't understand anyone's thinking but yours.

lol

silvereyes
06-22-2016, 08:17 PM
Not only that

jim is not even offering to debate or not

he's just here to hold the petticoat of some angry liberal woman while SHE refuses to debate.

Who me? ROFLMAO!!! You guys dont debate. You just keep saying the same shit over and over and over. If this place shut down tonight you would go into convulsions because you dont get to say "libruls suck." Tell me, oh bright one, which part of a debate format does THAT shit go into?

Yah. Thats what i thought.

Mac-7
06-23-2016, 04:25 AM
Who me? ROFLMAO!!! You guys dont debate. You just keep saying the same $#@! over and over and over. If this place shut down tonight you would go into convulsions because you dont get to say "libruls suck." Tell me, oh bright one, which part of a debate format does THAT $#@! go into?

No, you're not even a pimple on the ass of this conversation.

the woman I mean is the one who wrote Jim's cut and paste that he is breathless with excitement over.

Subdermal
06-23-2016, 07:40 AM
Who me? ROFLMAO!!! You guys dont debate. You just keep saying the same $#@! over and over and over. If this place shut down tonight you would go into convulsions because you dont get to say "libruls suck." Tell me, oh bright one, which part of a debate format does THAT $#@! go into?

Can you point me to a post of yours where you actually engaged in debate?

Can you point me to a post in this thread by the OP which responds to the points that any non-leftist made in response to the OP's article?

The accusation you lob is fully appropriate directed at the vast majority of leftists on this forum. FFS, both the OP and the author of the bubbleheaded screed admit that they're not interested in debate. There is no defense for the nonsense in the post, so there's no interest in debating it!

silvereyes
06-23-2016, 12:42 PM
No, you're not even a pimple on the ass of this conversation.

the woman I mean is the one who wrote Jim's cut and paste that he is breathless with excitement over.

Hit a nerve, did i? You know im right. If you didnt have this site to come to and unleash all that hatred youd be lost.

I got tired of your repetitive crap a very long time ago.

silvereyes
06-23-2016, 12:43 PM
Can you point me to a post of yours where you actually engaged in debate?

Can you point me to a post in this thread by the OP which responds to the points that any non-leftist made in response to the OP's article?

The accusation you lob is fully appropriate directed at the vast majority of leftists on this forum. FFS, both the OP and the author of the bubbleheaded screed admit that they're not interested in debate. There is no defense for the nonsense in the post, so there's no interest in debating it!

Youre another one. Why do YOU point out a post of yours that doesnt include belittling and insulting anyone even remotely left?

Thats what i thought. Piss off.

silvereyes
06-23-2016, 12:44 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/search.php?searchid=2485491

Fuck. Off. I was 100% right.

Subdermal
06-23-2016, 02:53 PM
Youre another one. Why do YOU point out a post of yours that doesnt include belittling and insulting anyone even remotely left?

Thats what i thought. Piss off.

It means you add nearly nothing of value to this forum. This is a political debate forum, not a leftist lurk and lash out like a moron forum. You are the female version of del.

Subdermal
06-23-2016, 03:08 PM
Search took 1.36 seconds; generated 20 minute(s) ago.

Today, 02:35 PM
Thread: (R-Maine) Sen. Susan Collins calling for Gun Law Vote (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/65362-(R-Maine)-Sen-Susan-Collins-calling-for-Gun-Law-Vote)by silvereyes (http://thepoliticalforums.com/members/1218-silvereyes)

Replies51Views270

Ok. Fair enough. Now, how about posters like... (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/65362-(R-Maine)-Sen-Susan-Collins-calling-for-Gun-Law-Vote?p=1608089#post1608089)
Ok. Fair enough.

Now, how about posters like mac, truth, mmc, etc...whos main purpose here is to be as rude and denigrating to liberals as humanly possible? Do they get a free hall pass? Ive seen...

Today, 02:31 PM
Thread: Speaker Ryan Skewers Dems' Gun Control Sit-in (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/65354-Speaker-Ryan-Skewers-Dems-Gun-Control-Sit-in)by silvereyes (http://thepoliticalforums.com/members/1218-silvereyes)

Replies12Views59

First what? Exposure to idiocy? Second. You beat... (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/65354-Speaker-Ryan-Skewers-Dems-Gun-Control-Sit-in?p=1608083#post1608083)
First what? Exposure to idiocy? Second. You beat her by "this much." ;)

Today, 02:27 PM
Thread: First Openly Gay Miss Missouri Crowned (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/65358-First-Openly-Gay-Miss-Missouri-Crowned)by silvereyes (http://thepoliticalforums.com/members/1218-silvereyes)

Replies29Views161

tPF Nothing quite as amusing as watching someone... (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/65358-First-Openly-Gay-Miss-Missouri-Crowned?p=1608076#post1608076)
Nothing quite as amusing as watching someone shine a spotlight on their on daftness. Congrats!

Today, 02:26 PM
Thread: First Openly Gay Miss Missouri Crowned (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/65358-First-Openly-Gay-Miss-Missouri-Crowned)by silvereyes (http://thepoliticalforums.com/members/1218-silvereyes)

Replies29Views161

tPF Quit OD'ing on the Abuse the Issue pills. You... (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/65358-First-Openly-Gay-Miss-Missouri-Crowned?p=1608074#post1608074)
Quit OD'ing on the Abuse the Issue pills. You are only emphasizing your stupidity.

Today, 02:20 PM
Thread: (R-Maine) Sen. Susan Collins calling for Gun Law Vote (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/65362-(R-Maine)-Sen-Susan-Collins-calling-for-Gun-Law-Vote)by silvereyes (http://thepoliticalforums.com/members/1218-silvereyes)

Replies51Views270

Ok...but theres no need to be a jerk ALL the time... (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/65362-(R-Maine)-Sen-Susan-Collins-calling-for-Gun-Law-Vote?p=1608069#post1608069)
Ok...but theres no need to be a jerk ALL the time either.

Today, 02:19 PM

Replies51Views270

Knock it off. This is a different Peter these... (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/65362-(R-Maine)-Sen-Susan-Collins-calling-for-Gun-Law-Vote?p=1608066#post1608066)
Knock it off.

This is a different Peter these days. This one is always angry and nasty...just like Common. Id like to know who is using their accounts because they sure arent the ones from...

Today, 02:01 PM
Thread: Speaker Ryan Skewers Dems' Gun Control Sit-in (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/65354-Speaker-Ryan-Skewers-Dems-Gun-Control-Sit-in)by silvereyes (http://thepoliticalforums.com/members/1218-silvereyes)

Replies12Views59

Ashes to ashes and dust to dust, Thanks to... (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/65354-Speaker-Ryan-Skewers-Dems-Gun-Control-Sit-in?p=1608040#post1608040)
Ashes to ashes and dust to dust,
Thanks to pubs,
I know who to mistrust.

Works both ways, Albert.

(Actually, i dont trust any loser in the political limelight.)

Today, 01:56 PM

Subdermal
06-23-2016, 03:09 PM
This is just the first half of the first page: your most recent posts.

Perhaps you can point out to me which one WASN'T bashing someone right or 'remotely' right, silvereyes?

You're as large a hypocrite as exists on this forum. Read your own advice, hypocrite.

At least attempt to add substance mixed in with your insults. Your act is lame, shallow, and old.

Professor Peabody
06-27-2016, 02:54 PM

Do you want to know about how a Liberal may think?

I think it's like our intestines, perfectly good food goes in and shit comes out.

Truth Detector
06-27-2016, 02:56 PM

:biglaugh:

Truth Detector
06-27-2016, 03:00 PM
LOL I think I have written things along those lines for years now and rarely am I too far off base. The republican will put on the conservative hat and the conservative will put on the republican hat as their defense. Usually comeback: you don't know what a conservative is. No, really? Hate to repeat myself but book quoted below covers the topic, and below that I'll add an old post on repubs aka conservatives.

"With engaging wit and subtle irony, Albert Hirschman maps the diffuse and treacherous world of reactionary rhetoric in which conservative public figures, thinkers, and polemicists have been arguing against progressive agendas and reforms for the past two hundred years.

"Hirschman draws his examples from three successive waves of reactive thought that arose in response to the liberal ideas of the French Revolution and the Declaration of the Rights of Man, to democratization and the drive toward universal suffrage in the nineteenth century, and to the welfare state in our own century. In each case he identifies three principal arguments invariably used: (1) the perversity thesis, whereby any action to improve some feature of the political, social, or economic order is alleged to result in the exact opposite of what was intended; (2) the futility thesis, which predicts that attempts at social transformation will produce no effects whatever—will simply be incapable of making a dent in the status quo; (3) the jeopardy thesis, holding that the cost of the proposed reform is unacceptable because it will endanger previous hard-won accomplishments. He illustrates these propositions by citing writers across the centuries from Alexis de Tocqueville to George Stigler, Herbert Spencer to Jay Forrester, Edmund Burke to Charles Murray. Finally, in a lightning turnabout, he shows that progressives are frequently apt to employ closely related rhetorical postures, which are as biased as their reactionary counterparts. For those who aspire to the genuine dialogue that characterizes a truly democratic society, Hirschman points out that both types of rhetoric function, in effect, as contraptions designed to make debate impossible. In the process, his book makes an original contribution to democratic thought." The Rhetoric of Reactionhttp://www.amazon.com/Rhetoric-Reaction-Perversity-Futility-Jeopardy/dp/067476868X/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8

====================

Republicans are driven by ideology and not any sense of reality. When rigid concepts, rather than flexible thought guide you, there is always the appearance of misplaced values. Consider the ten Pavlovian dogs - no criticism of dogs meant - who raised their hands like puppets over the 10% tax question during the debate and you must realize no thinking was involved. Allow me to list an old post with a slight edit on their thinking. The task to make republicans thinking citizens is similar to convincing a child to eat healthy. Ideas?

This is a list of concepts and ideas that arrange the way a republican thinks about a number of topics. The list includes items that are positive and negative and often it is the degree to which something is believed or used that determines the way they understand any of the issues that face us as Americans. They serve as categories that allow easy classification without thinking or reasoning. If they thought or reasoned they would be liberals.

You believe taxes are bad
You believe a government that taxes is bad
You believe Unions are bad
You believe giving tax cuts to those who ship jobs overseas is good
You believe people on welfare are cheaters
You believe welfare is bad
You believe CEOs making 100 million are getting paid fairly
You believe minimum wage is getting paid too much
You believe millions of dollars of compensation for the rich is a good
You believe helping the poor is a bad
You believe government contracts for the rich are good
You believe anyone without a job isn't looking
You support small business but not the Small Business Administration
You support small business but give dividend relief to the large corporations
You support small business but tax breaks go to the top 3%
You support small business but you shop at Walmart
You support small business but you buy foreign products
Government is a bad thing but the military industrial complex is a good thing
Regulation is bad but bailing out failed mismanaged corporations is good
You talk Jesus and the power of religion but vote more corporate power
You talk family values but vote more corporate power
You talk less government but support more corporate power
You talk honesty but support more corporate power
You believe in a domino theory of actions
You believe in the slippery slope of morals
You believe the ideas of liberalism that founded America is now bad
You protest against so called cultural elitism not corporate greed
You protest against abortion not lack of education and funding
You protest against evolution not the inequality of wages
You protest against atheism not poor living conditions
You believe a few cells is a person but bombing living people is fine
A few cells is a person but executions are fine
A few cells is a person but executing retarded people is fine
A few cells is a person but supporting medical research that could save lives is bad
A few cells is a person but the child that dies every minute doesn't matter
A few cells is a person but food supports are bad
A few cells is a person but sex education about it is bad
A few cells is a person but condoms are bad
We invaded Iraq because it was a threat to us
We invaded Iraq because they didn't follow UN resolution 1441
We invaded Iraq because they didn't allow UN inspectors
We invaded Iraq because Saddam was a bad man
We invaded Iraq to free the Iraqi people
We invaded Iraq to form a democracy in the middle east
You believe education is good but don't support it
You believe education is a good thing but we don't need public schools
You believe education is a good thing so long as they teach your values and religion
You say 'leave no child behind' but make sure the rich get further ahead
You impose 'No Child' laws but let the states pay for it
You say 'compassionate' but cut back support for food for children
You say 'compassionate' but withdraw aid for after school programs
You say 'compassionate' but weaken international laws that protect children
You believe it's ok to be armed but one ounce of pot is a jail sentence
You believe it's ok to be armed but medical marijuana is bad
You believe it's ok to be armed but song lyrics should be banned
You believe it's ok to be armed and those who aren't are out of touch with reality
You believe it is ok that women do not have the same rights as men
You believe women should be quiet and in the background
You believe women are ok but you hate Hilary
You support women but close the Office for Women's Initiatives
You support women but remove medically accurate information from the web
You believe tariffs are bad unless you are a corporate farmer
You believe tariffs are bad unless it helps win votes
You believe free trade is fine so long as it doesn't affect your corporate contributors
You believe affirmative action is bad but connections are ok
You believe global warming is myth
You believe pollution is not an issue
You believe the environment will take care of itself
You believe we must roll back the New Deal
You believe interfering in the lives of gays is proper
You believe interfering in the lives of those who choose to die is proper
You believe government is bad unless it enforces your values
You believe government is bad unless it is bails out corporations
You believe government is bad unless it builds more prisons
You believe creating laws that impose on personal freedoms is good
You believe that what another citizen is doing in their bedroom is your concern
You believe if it is not something you believe in then it is wrong
You believe you support the military
You believe you support the military while you cut back their benefits
You believe you support the military while you close VA hospitals
You believe you support the military while you send them to war with no plan
You believe you support the military while your candidates never served
You believe creationism is good science
You believe Evolution is just a theory
You believe Limbaugh is right on
You believe Hannity is right on
You believe Coulter is right on
You believe Savage is right on
You believe Ingram is right on
You believe the WSJ editorial page is right on
You believe Fox is fair and balanced
You believe Bush is a common man even though he has never worked nor served
You believe Cheney is a common man even with a 55 million paycheck
You believe the republicans represent the common man while the corporations support them
You believe liberal or elitist is bad
You believe some people are bad because of the coffee they drink
You believe some people are bad because they read
You believe some people are bad because they have traveled
You believe people are bad because of the car they drive
You believe people are bad because they honor dissent in America
You believe it is not honesty and hard work but culture that defines us
You believe it is not honesty and hard work but religion that defines us
You believe it is not honesty and hard work but political affiliation that defines us
You must believe as you believe in nothing else that your opponent's ideas are bad
You must never concede that your opponent has a valid point you must repeat that
You must finally raise your partisanship to an ideology that you believe as a child believes
You believe you do not reason
You believe you do not think
You believe

The scariest thing about the new right is the power it has on many. They do not question the assumptions it makes, they start at the top of this list and they find there truths that should not be questioned. An irony of this is the pieces by themselves are not always negative it is rather the combination of all working together that are a threat to our individual and economic freedoms.

Edit: Kinda dated but you get the picture.

Yep; you've summed up all of the idiotic Liberul strawmen and talking points perfectly. Thank you. :biglaugh:

Another reason why you cannot honestly debate a Liberul; they come into the debate with all these moronic pre-conceptions and aren't about to have their minds changed by reality, facts or the truth.

Truth Detector
06-27-2016, 03:03 PM

How amusing; a leftist who thinks the idiotic nonsense they spout is refreshing and new. :biglaugh:

What is new about "more taxes", "higher minimum wages", "demanding higher corporate taxes" or claiming Republicans are the "do-nothing" Congress. Back atchya hypocrite.

Truth Detector
06-27-2016, 03:04 PM
Hit a nerve, did i? You know im right. If you didnt have this site to come to and unleash all that hatred youd be lost.

I got tired of your repetitive crap a very long time ago.

Wrong; he's just tired of your repetitive nonsense defending the brain dead clueless lefties on the forum and that glaring hypocrisy that goes along with it.

Truth Detector
06-27-2016, 03:05 PM
It means you add nearly nothing of value to this forum. This is a political debate forum, not a leftist lurk and lash out like a moron forum. You are the female version of del.

^Spot on.