PDA

View Full Version : tPF CNN's Libertarian Town Hall in 3 Minutes

Chris
06-24-2016, 01:56 PM
Just to give an alternative some air time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77Av3YFfnBk

Weld wants to treat ISIS like it's an organized crime family.

Cigar
06-24-2016, 02:20 PM
:sleepy2: :grin:

Don
06-24-2016, 03:05 PM

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77Av3YFfnBk)

There are libertarians and there are libertarians. Its been twisted. Kind of like the morphing of Republican. I am a libertarian leaning Republican (as in a Republican form of government.) I think Bill Wells is a kook and Gary Johnson not a hell of a lot better. They did have one good idea though although it is misdirected. WE should treat the federal government like we do organized crime and that includes their "muscle," the FBI.

Truth Detector
06-24-2016, 03:06 PM

:biglaugh: The guy is just as big of a moron as Obama is.

Chris
06-24-2016, 03:13 PM
There are libertarians and there are libertarians. Its been twisted. Kind of like the morphing of Republican. I am a libertarian leaning Republican (as in a Republican form of government.) I think Bill Wells is a kook and Gary Johnson not a hell of a lot better. They did have one good idea though although it is misdirected. WE should treat the federal government like we do organized crime and that includes their "muscle," the FBI.

Shhhhh, don't wake Cigar!

The government is a protection racket.

I agree, Libertarians tend to be a bit kooky. Gary Johnson plays the part well. Weld I have no idea who he is. The last good Libertarian was Michael Badnarik.

You must know O'Rourke's quip "The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it." Libertarians strike me as worse than Republicans, being generally against government but running for office.

But then I look at the alternatives of Trump and Clinton and say if I vote I'll vote Libertarian.

Chris
06-24-2016, 03:14 PM
:sleepy2: :grin:

The Democrat sleeps, the Republican calls names. Politics in America.

Common Sense
06-24-2016, 03:17 PM
They seem like reasonable people every time I hear them talk. There are many Libertarians I agree with. Particularly on social issues. Unfortunately there are also a lot of nuts in the party.

However they were wise to nominate moderate libertarians instead of the guy who took his shirt off.

del
06-24-2016, 03:20 PM
bill weld did a good job as governor, but the years have not been kind to him.

Truth Detector
06-24-2016, 03:51 PM

They seem like reasonable people every time I hear them talk. There are many Libertarians I agree with. Particularly on social issues. Unfortunately there are also a lot of nuts in the party.

However they were wise to nominate moderate libertarians instead of the guy who took his shirt off.

Case in point; any questions? :laugh:

Chris
06-24-2016, 04:06 PM

Not as it all parties don't have kooky people--is Parti Rhinocéros still going?--but yes, the Libertarian Party has a lot of them. Isn't that a good thing?

Chris
06-24-2016, 04:07 PM
bill weld did a good job as governor, but the years have not been kind to him.

I'd heard US Attorney, hadn't heard he'd been a governor.

Chris
06-25-2016, 09:26 AM
That video was 3 minutes, this is just 2 minutes and covers 12 issues: Where the Libertarian Party stands: 12 issues in 2 minutes (http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/25/politics/libertarian-party-positions/). But you'll have to go there to view.

Mark III
06-25-2016, 09:37 AM
These two people have absolutely no chance, but let them have their hour in the sun. It is not a bad thing to have third parties espouse their ideas.

Libertarianism is a utopian ideal and talking fodder for discussion forums. It is utter impractical in a nation of 330 million people.

Hillary Clinton would take them apart in a debate. Trump is clueless.

Peter1469
06-25-2016, 09:42 AM
Hillary is a crook.

Chris
06-25-2016, 10:02 AM
These two people have absolutely no chance, but let them have their hour in the sun. It is not a bad thing to have third parties espouse their ideas.

Libertarianism is a utopian ideal and talking fodder for discussion forums. It is utter impractical in a nation of 330 million people.

Hillary Clinton would take them apart in a debate. Trump is clueless.

Ah, so you would support their and Green Party Stein's appearance in national debates?