PDA

View Full Version : CIA Director John Brennan believes ISIS will carry out Istanbul-style attacks on U.S.

Common
06-29-2016, 05:52 PM
CIA Director John Brennan believes ISIS terrorists are eager to unleash Istanbul-style carnage in attacks on U.S. soil.

Brennan, speaking with Yahoo News after the airport terror attack that killed 41 and wounded 230 more, warned the Islamic fanatics are likely plotting more bloodshed after the Tuesday suicide bombings.
“I’d be surprised if (ISIS) is not trying to carry out that kind of attack in the United States,” said Brennan.

“I am worried from the standpoint of an intelligence professional who looks at the capabilities of (ISIS) ... and their determination to kill as many as people as possible and to carry out attacks abroad.”

Brennan, without directly linking ISIS to the Ataturk airport terror, noted the suicide vests worn by the participants hinted at the extremist group’s involvement. ISIS has not declared its part, if any, in the latest terrorist rampage.

The willingness of the three Istanbul terrorists to become martyrs for their twisted cause is another troubling aspect of the attacks.
“If you have a determined enemy and individuals who are not concerned about escape, that they are going into it with a sense that they are going to die, that really does complicate your strategy in terms of preventing attacks,” said Brennan.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/cia-director-john-brennan-believes-isis-attack-u-s-soil-article-1.2692787

Private Pickle
06-29-2016, 05:57 PM
In other news...it will rain someday soon...

Peter1469
06-29-2016, 05:58 PM
The key to the Brussels and Istanbul airport attacks was a talented bomb-maker who had to be in the general area of the attacks. These chemicals are easy to get, but they are hard to turn into an effective explosives (vest / Istanbul; suitcase / Brussels). And they don't transport well. (They blow up rather easily). If you saw the video of the Istanbul attack you must have noticed that the bombers actually deliberately pulled on a trigger. They didn't just go off on their own when, for instance, the one bomber shot in the hip fell to the ground. Quality work.

There are very few talented bomb-makers. We have been hunting them down for the last decade.

Common
06-29-2016, 06:58 PM
I dont think the victims care what kind of bomb or how its detonated. The fact is that we have a president that expends more effort defending muslims that concern for attacks on americans.

Common Sense
06-29-2016, 07:11 PM
Of course they want to and will try. I think that's very obvious.

...of course Obama could stop it all by just uttering the term Radical Islamic Terrorism.

Ethereal
06-29-2016, 07:15 PM
The Turkish government is just as likely a suspect as ISIS for what happened in Istanbul.

Recordings, Posted Online, Rattle Officials in Turkey (http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/28/world/europe/high-level-leaks-rattle-turkey-officials.html)

On Thursday morning, a recording was posted on YouTube in which the officials were heard discussing a plot to establish a justification for military strikes in Syria. One option that is said to have been discussed was orchestrating an attack on the Tomb of Suleyman Shah, the grandfather of the founder of the Ottoman Empire, which is in northern Syria and is considered by the government here to be Turkish territory.

exotix
06-29-2016, 07:23 PM
The success of the attack was and again ... geography ... one suicide bomber created a diversion on the outside perimeter of the airport ... opened fire then detonated himself ... the two others slipped past during the diversion and opened fire before detonating themselves ... with one cop throwing himself on a bomber before he blew himself up and the cop.

Call it ... a soft target .. like Orlando ... and every other massacre in the U.S. ...

Peter1469
06-29-2016, 07:51 PM
I dont think the victims care what kind of bomb or how its detonated. The fact is that we have a president that expends more effort defending muslims that concern for attacks on americans.

My point was you get light casualties from say the Boston bombers, and you get high casualties from say the Istanbul bombers.

Peter1469
06-29-2016, 07:52 PM
The success of the attack was and again ... geography ... one suicide bomber created a diversion on the outside perimeter of the airport ... opened fire then detonated himself ... the two others slipped past during the diversion and opened fire before detonating themselves ... with one cop throwing himself on a bomber before he blew himself up and the cop.

Call it ... a soft target .. like Orlando ... and every other massacre in the U.S. ...

That airport wasn't as soft a target as Orlando. The cops initiated the firefight.

texan
06-29-2016, 08:44 PM
In other news...it will rain someday soon...

You are a joke!

This is deadly serious and the administration you defend has failed miserably on this issue. Not to mentioned lied to us about the status.

Your comment is more stupid than posting the CIA's warning.

Assclown apologist!

texan
06-29-2016, 08:46 PM
Ask me now "what I would do?" right out of the assclown playbook.

Private Pickle
06-29-2016, 09:47 PM
You are a joke!

This is deadly serious and the administration you defend has failed miserably on this issue. Not to mentioned lied to us about the status.

Your comment is more stupid than posting the CIA's warning.

Assclown apologist!

That would make sense if I defended the administration... Because I didn't you're the one who looks like the douchcicle.