PDA

View Full Version : Obama Address to Canadian Parliament ~ Chants 'Four More Years'

exotix
06-29-2016, 08:35 PM
Today

Canadian lawmakers chant 'Four more years!' after Obama address to Parliament

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/06/29/canadian-lawmakers-chant-four-more-years-after-obama-address-to-parliament.html

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/06/29/world/americas/ap-cn-canada-united-states-mexico-the-latest.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52al7hQXm40

http://www.mcclatchy-wires.com/wire_photos/wodzwz/picture86764447/ALTERNATES/FREE_1140/Obama Parliament .JPEG

Cletus
06-29-2016, 08:41 PM
They can have him for the next 40 years if they wish. That is probably how long it is going to take us to undo the harm he has done to this country.

exotix
06-29-2016, 08:44 PM
They can have him for the next 40 years if they wish. That is probably how long it is going to take us to undo the harm he has done to this country.Help ... get it.

Cletus
06-29-2016, 08:46 PM
I thought you said the other day, that you were good at this stuff.

Were you lying or just deluding yourself?

exotix
06-29-2016, 08:53 PM
I thought you said the other day, that you were good at this stuff.

Were you lying or just deluding yourself?Look, dude, you'll be happy to know that Canada also hosts the highest approval rating for your boy Trump of all other countries in the world ~ 14%

http://i67.tinypic.com/2ezl8k4.gif

Mister D
06-29-2016, 09:26 PM
They love him in the colonies. :smiley:

Cigar
06-29-2016, 10:19 PM
Ain't great to be Loved? :grin:

Once you go Black ... :laugh:

Ethereal
06-29-2016, 11:25 PM
Why stop there? Let's just install him as a lifetime dictator. That will make them and their American counterparts happy.

exotix
06-29-2016, 11:48 PM
Why stop there? Let's just install him as a lifetime dictator. That will make them and their American counterparts happy.No sweat, simply abolish the 22nd Amendment.

Cletus
06-30-2016, 03:35 AM
Look, dude, you'll be happy to know that Canada also hosts the highest approval rating for your boy Trump of all other countries in the world ~ 14%

Why would I care at all about what Canada thinks?

zelmo1234
06-30-2016, 04:17 AM
The Subjects of the Queen, love the President that would enslave the population and install himself supreme ruler?

Go figure.

Adelaide
06-30-2016, 10:37 AM
I think they were just being good hosts. Most Canadians I know are completely aware that Obama has screwed some things up pretty badly. He also did not stick to his original message, which was what inspired the world to basically love Obama when he was first running and elected.

Truth Detector
06-30-2016, 10:42 AM
Today

Canadian lawmakers chant 'Four more years!' after Obama address to Parliament

:biglaugh: Well that dispels any claims Kanukistanians are intelligent eh?

Truth Detector
06-30-2016, 10:43 AM
No sweat, simply abolish the 22nd Amendment.

:biglaugh:

maineman
06-30-2016, 10:46 AM
that's odd.... here all the folks on the right have been saying that the world thinks that Obama is a terrible president.... yet.... Canadians love him and his approval rating at home is about double of what Dubya's was at this time in his second term.... hmmmmmm.

Mister D
06-30-2016, 10:46 AM
Ain't great to be Loved? :grin:

Once you go Black ... :laugh:

You fail out of school? Go to prison? What? :laugh:

Adelaide
06-30-2016, 10:49 AM
that's odd.... here all the folks on the right have been saying that the world thinks that Obama is a terrible president.... yet.... Canadians love him and his approval rating at home is about double of what Dubya's was at this time in his second term.... hmmmmmm.

Canadians love him as compared to his predecessor. 8 years later and I think Canadians are still relieved, but they know Obama has not been a success. He simply shares a lot of values that Canadians have, although his actions have not always represented those values.

Cletus
06-30-2016, 10:53 AM

He is a terrible President, which is the very reason he is so popular among foreigners.

Cletus
06-30-2016, 10:53 AM
Canadians love him as compared to his predecessor. 8 years later and I think Canadians are still relieved, but they know Obama has not been a success. He simply shares a lot of values that Canadians have, although his actions have not always represented those values.

What values would those be?

Common Sense
06-30-2016, 10:56 AM
He is a terrible President, which is the very reason he is so popular among foreigners.

Canadians were very disappointed in Bush so Obama is amazing in comparison. I think many of us share his values but are disappointed overall with his presidency.

Canadians love America and want what's best for her. So to say we like Obama because he is bad for the US is silly.

maineman
06-30-2016, 10:59 AM
Canadians were very disappointed in Bush so Obama is amazing in comparison. I think many of us share his values but are disappointed overall with his presidency.

Canadians love America and want what's best for her. So to say we like Obama because he is bad for the US is silly.

you know well enough that silliness is Cletus' stock in trade.

Cletus
06-30-2016, 11:03 AM

I am still waiting for you to tell what those values are.

maineman
06-30-2016, 11:04 AM

his popularity in the US is higher at this point than Reagan's was. Imagine that.

Cletus
06-30-2016, 11:04 AM
you know well enough that silliness is Cletus' stock in trade.

Go kick a peasant, Jefe.

Cletus
06-30-2016, 11:05 AM
his popularity in the US is higher at this point than Reagan's was. Imagine that.

But Reagan was a much better President. I am sure the Kardashians are more popular than President Reagan was, as well.

That doesn't mean one of them should be President.

Adelaide
06-30-2016, 11:19 AM
What values would those be?

Hard to sum up the values of Canadians. We're peaceful, we want everyone to have what they need to be free and healthy and safe against discrimination.

Some ways Obama has gone against our values would be his use of drones, failure to keep his promises about health care (the ACA is a failure, but also not what was promised), so forth.

maineman
06-30-2016, 11:22 AM
But Reagan was a much better President. I am sure the Kardashians are more popular than President Reagan was, as well.

That doesn't mean one of them should be President.

in your opinion, Reagan was a better president, I don't share it... and this isn't "popularity" we're talking about, but Gallup's presidential job approval.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/124922/presidential-job-approval-center.aspx

AZ Jim
06-30-2016, 11:23 AM
Why would I care at all about what Canada thinks?Why would we care what YOU thinks?

Cletus
06-30-2016, 11:25 AM
Hard to sum up the values of Canadians. We're peaceful, we want everyone to have what they need to be free and healthy and safe against discrimination.

Some ways Obama has gone against our values would be his use of drones, failure to keep his promises about health care (the ACA is a failure, but also not what was promised), so forth.

So... the only thing different here from any other President in the last century (as far as values go) is national health care, which is not a constitutional function of our government.

Obama has been the worst President in my lifetime. I think it is fair to say that Carter has passed the baton on to him. If Canadians really like him, I wish they would come pick him up and take him home with them. I suspect though, the real reason they like him is because he is not in charge of anything up there. If he was running their government, they would be begging us to take him back.

Cletus
06-30-2016, 11:26 AM
in your opinion, Reagan was a better president, I don't share it...

Well, you are not exactly the brightest or best informed bulb in the chandelier.

maineman
06-30-2016, 11:31 AM
Well, you are not exactly the brightest or best informed bulb in the chandelier.

wow.... what a rapier like wit. I am awe struck!

Adelaide
06-30-2016, 11:37 AM
So... the only thing different here from any other President in the last century (as far as values go) is national health care, which is not a constitutional function of our government.

Obama has been the worst President in my lifetime. I think it is fair to say that Carter has passed the baton on to him. If Canadians really like him, I wish they would come pick him up and take him home with them. I suspect though, the real reason they like him is because he is not in charge of anything up there. If he was running their government, they would be begging us to take him back.

That's not what I said, but you're free to think it is.

Adelaide
06-30-2016, 11:41 AM
Another thing to consider, now that I have watched all 56 minutes of the video, is that Canadians have been watching the train wreck that is the current election season. When I am back in Canada every few months, the thing most people ask me is, "Are they for real?" Most of the time it's about Trump and Canadians may not like Clinton but they think she'll win because they think Trump is a fucking lunatic. A lot of things he has said seem to be fundamentally wrong to Canadians, who embrace diversity and multiculturalism and who have elections where the negative campaigning is not nearly as severe as it is in the United States. Our elections also only last 3 months, tops. It isn't a pageant of billions of dollars in campaign spending where candidates are suddenly basically celebrities.

Canadian Parliament yelling "Four more years" is likely more to do with the train wreck of Clinton and Trump, than approval for Obama. Obama compared to both candidates seems idyllic.

Ransom
06-30-2016, 12:05 PM
Another thing to consider, now that I have watched all 56 minutes of the video, is that Canadians have been watching the train wreck that is the current election season. When I am back in Canada every few months, the thing most people ask me is, "Are they for real?" Most of the time it's about Trump and Canadians may not like Clinton but they think she'll win because they think Trump is a $#@!ing lunatic. A lot of things he has said seem to be fundamentally wrong to Canadians, who embrace diversity and multiculturalism and who have elections where the negative campaigning is not nearly as severe as it is in the United States. Our elections also only last 3 months, tops. It isn't a pageant of billions of dollars in campaign spending where candidates are suddenly basically celebrities.

Canadian Parliament yelling "Four more years" is likely more to do with the train wreck of Clinton and Trump, than approval for Obama. Obama compared to both candidates seems idyllic.

I work with many Canadians and where Trump confuses them.....they also don't get what is wrong with Obama. They're media sheep, they even admit it. Most of them I know despise this Trudeau, think he's unqualified......why would Trump even be on their radars?

Media.

The Sage of Main Street
06-30-2016, 12:45 PM
Look, dude, you'll be happy to know that Canada also hosts the highest approval rating for your boy Trump of all other countries in the world ~ 14%

All in the province of Alberta, which hated Pierre Trudeau. That reaction will increase against his little boy, Howdy Trudy. They will secede and join the United States.

The Sage of Main Street
06-30-2016, 12:56 PM
I am still waiting for you to tell what those values are. You're talking about a country whose coins are called loonies and toonies, and whose Prime Minister looks like someone from the McKenzie Brothers. Don't expect much.

Cletus
06-30-2016, 01:08 PM
wow.... what a rapier like wit. I am awe struck!

It wasn't intended to be funny. It was a simple statement of fact. You are not particularly bright. You are not very well informed. You have some serious anger management issues.

You are just really not of much value as a poster.

Cletus
06-30-2016, 01:10 PM
That's not what I said, but you're free to think it is.

The "values" you listed are pretty common and I am quite certain it is safe to say have been shared by all US Presidents for at least the last century. The only thing you listed that was different was Obamacare.

So, it IS what you said, whether it was intended or not. If you would care to elaborate some more on those values you think Obama has that other Presidents did not, I would be interested in hearing them.

maineman
06-30-2016, 01:12 PM
It wasn't intended to be funny. It was a simple statement of fact. You are not particularly bright. You are not very well informed. You have some serious anger management issues.

You are just really not of much value as a poster.It was a statement of opinion...

If you were smarter, you'd understand the difference.

Cletus
06-30-2016, 01:14 PM
It was a statement of opinion...

If you were smarter, you'd understand the difference.

No, it was fact. You have presented much evidence to support the finding.

Ethereal
06-30-2016, 01:15 PM
The "values" you listed are pretty common and I am quite certain it is safe to say have been shared by all US Presidents for at least the last century.

All the US Presidents of the last century have been peaceful?

Cletus
06-30-2016, 01:23 PM
All the US Presidents of the last century have been peaceful?

I think they have ultimately valued peace over war. Quite often the road to peace crosses a battlefield. I cannot think of any President in the last century whose goal was to wage war rather than seek a peaceful solution to whatever problem faced him. It is when the peaceful solution is untenable that war results.

Obama certainly has not been a "peaceful" or even peace desiring President. His actions have resulted in more countries and political entities at war than probably at any time since WWII.

Ethereal
06-30-2016, 01:26 PM
I think they have ultimately valued peace over war. Quite often the road to peace crosses a battlefield. I cannot think of any President in the last century whose goal was to wage war rather than seek a peaceful solution to whatever problem faced him. It is when the peaceful solution is untenable that war results.

Obama certainly has not been a "peaceful" or even peace desiring President. His actions have resulted in more countries and political entities at war than probably at any time since WWII.

Obama hasn't been peaceful, I agree.

But I must disagree that American Presidents generally sought peaceful solutions over wars.

If anything, they are utterly obsessed with wars.

Between 1776 and 1898, the USA was involved in a few wars here and there, most of them out of necessity.

After that, it was a series of endless wars and provocations in pursuit of imperial ambitions.

George Washington and Thomas Jefferson are rolling in their graves.

maineman
06-30-2016, 01:31 PM
No, it was fact. You have presented much evidence to support the finding.

no. I have not. your opinion of my intellect is just that. the fact that you cannot comprehend that is a pretty good indication that you are mentally challenged yourself.

maineman
06-30-2016, 01:33 PM
I cannot think of any President in the last century whose goal was to wage war rather than seek a peaceful solution to whatever problem faced him.

Obama's immediate predecessor comes to mind.

Cletus
06-30-2016, 01:34 PM
no. I have not.

That is your opinion. It is wrong.

your opinion of my intellect is just that. the fact that you cannot comprehend that is a pretty good indication that you are mentally challenged yourself.

The evidence supports my conclusions.

Common Sense
06-30-2016, 01:34 PM
They were actually saying "four more beers" eh.

Ethereal
06-30-2016, 01:35 PM
Obama's immediate predecessor comes to mind.

Obama himself comes to mind.

Just ask people in Libya and Syria.

Cletus
06-30-2016, 01:35 PM
They were actually saying "four more beers" eh.

That would make more sense.

maineman
06-30-2016, 01:36 PM
That is your opinion. It is wrong. right back at ya.

The evidence supports my conclusions.

what "evidence"?

Cletus
06-30-2016, 01:37 PM
what "evidence"?

About 9,000 of your 9,593 posts.

Common Sense
06-30-2016, 01:38 PM
http://www.comedyzoo.biz/Four More Beers.PNG