PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Knows ... Hindsight is 20/20

Cigar
07-05-2016, 12:49 PM
Everybody is looking at the Clinton email situation with perfect 20/20 hindsight and everybody lost sight of the reality at the time she took over at the State Department.

REALITY: The State Department email system was antiquated in 2009 when Hillary took over as SoS, and it was never upgraded during her tenure. In fact, it was not updated until recently. Users were incapable of accessing email from any device outside the State Department private network meaning that the SoS could not access her State Department Email most of the time because she was constantly on the road.

REALITY: Her predecessors who used email (Condaleeza Rice and Colin Powell) both used private email while on the road (10x Less Secure) and it was recommended Hillary do the same.

REALITY: Realizing that she could not trust third party email providers to provide a secure environment, Hillary opted for a personal email server to provide communication functionality that was critical in her ability to do her job.

With perfect 20/20 hindsight I'll say what I've said all along. The NSA should be providing, and should have always provided the secure email environment for the SoS just like they do for the president, the vice president, the National Security Advisor, and the highest levels of the Department of Defense.

Deal With It ... or not .. who cares, you lose, again.

Next fake Scandal !!!!!

Tahuyaman
07-05-2016, 01:41 PM
The defenders of corruption, incompetence, dishonesty and deceit are certainly persistent.

Cigar
07-05-2016, 01:51 PM
The defenders of corruption, incompetence, dishonesty and deceit are certainly persistent.

We learn from the best ... so how's it feel?

Peter1469
07-05-2016, 04:07 PM
Although we did not find clear evidence that Secretary Clinton or her colleagues intended to violate laws governing the handling of classified information, there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information.

Link (https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/statement-by-fbi-director-james-b.-comey-on-the-investigation-of-secretary-hillary-clintons-use-of-a-personal-e-mail-system)

Chris
07-05-2016, 04:31 PM
Link (https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/statement-by-fbi-director-james-b.-comey-on-the-investigation-of-secretary-hillary-clintons-use-of-a-personal-e-mail-system)

IOW, she committed the crime, just not enough evidence of intent or gross negligence.

Heck, the FBI punted politically and tried to save face.

Peter1469
07-05-2016, 04:34 PM
IOW, she committed the crime, just not enough evidence of intent or gross negligence.

Heck, the FBI punted politically and tried to save face.

The gross negligence statute has not been used before.

How could you even sit a jury? People either hate or love her.

Chris
07-05-2016, 04:40 PM
The gross negligence statute has not been used before.

How could you even sit a jury? People either hate or love her.

Change of venue? :D

What I mean about punting is any other recommendation would have disrupted the election process. You'd never hear the end of that had it occurred.

What I don't get though is many crimes don't require intent. I know someone who had their driver license suspended in a court case but the court neglected to inform him. Months later he was stopped and charged for driving without a license.

Peter1469
07-05-2016, 04:44 PM
Change of venue? :D

What I mean about punting is any other recommendation would have disrupted the election process. You'd never hear the end of that had it occurred.

What I don't get though is many crimes don't require intent. I know someone who had their driver license suspended in a court case but the court neglected to inform him. Months later he was stopped and charged for driving without a license.

Each criminal statute is written in the form of elements. Each element must be separately proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Some crimes have an element of intent. Others do not.

Chris
07-05-2016, 04:52 PM
Hindsight is 20/20...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbkS26PX4rc

Cigar
07-06-2016, 07:56 AM

I stopped at; we did not find clear evidence

Try thinking of this as a Police Shooting :wink:

Chris
07-06-2016, 09:16 AM
I stopped at; we did not find clear evidence

Try thinking of this as a Police Shooting :wink:

You mean this complete sentence: "Although we did not find clear evidence that Secretary Clinton or her colleagues intended to violate laws governing the handling of classified information, there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information."

She lied.