PDA

View Full Version : Obama’s Predictable Scandals

Mister D
09-21-2011, 12:41 PM
he media finally conceded the Obama administration to be inexperienced and inept, reminiscent of the Carter administration — but, they maintained, not possibly involved in any corruption. Then suddenly scandals erupted on nearly every conceivable front: the crony-capitalist half-billion-dollar loan guarantee to a now bankrupt Solyndra; the Fast and Furious gun deal, in which, in lunatic fashion, the U.S. government sold deadly automatic weapons to Mexican drug-cartel killers; the administration’s pressure on a four-star general to fudge his testimony as a favor to a big campaign donor whose suspect company, LightSquared, was doing business with the Pentagon; and the politically inspired dropping of investigations by the Civil Rights Division of the Justice Department.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/277797/obama-s-predictable-scandals-victor-davis-hanson

Conley
09-21-2011, 01:43 PM
he media finally conceded the Obama administration to be inexperienced and inept, reminiscent of the Carter administration — but, they maintained, not possibly involved in any corruption. Then suddenly scandals erupted on nearly every conceivable front: the crony-capitalist half-billion-dollar loan guarantee to a now bankrupt Solyndra; the Fast and Furious gun deal, in which, in lunatic fashion, the U.S. government sold deadly automatic weapons to Mexican drug-cartel killers; the administration’s pressure on a four-star general to fudge his testimony as a favor to a big campaign donor whose suspect company, LightSquared, was doing business with the Pentagon; and the politically inspired dropping of investigations by the Civil Rights Division of the Justice Department.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/277797/obama-s-predictable-scandals-victor-davis-hanson

These news items need to be more widely reported. I am stunned it is not front page top headline news. There's a lot going on here.

Mister D
09-21-2011, 02:10 PM

These news items need to be more widely reported. I am stunned it is not front page top headline news. There's a lot going on here.

I can understand the ned to downplay it all. I mean they cheerleaded for this guy. ::)

Conley
09-21-2011, 02:52 PM

I can understand the ned to downplay it all. I mean they cheerleaded for this guy. ::)

Yep, but in some areas it seems the media (really people in general) delight in tearing a guy down even more than building him up.

Mister D
09-21-2011, 03:04 PM

Yep, but in some areas it seems the media (really people in general) delight in tearing a guy down even more than building him up.

True but t hat would make them look even more ridiculous. I thin they are sensitive about this. They compromised themselves during the lection and I think they know it. They were more than prepared to accept that as long as their boy was elected. But he hasn't delivered. Yeah, I know. Understatement of the year.

Conley
09-21-2011, 03:08 PM
That is definitely true of the opinion writers.