PDA

View Full Version : Shooting of "Mr. Phil" shocks Minnesota school colleagues

Cigar
07-08-2016, 08:25 AM
Philando Castile put on a suit and tie to interview for a supervisory position in the school district where he had worked since he was a teenager. He told the interviewer his goal was to one day "sit on the other side of this table." His upbeat disposition won him the job.

"He stood out because he was happy, friendly and related to people well," said Katherine Holmquist-Burks, principal at J.J. Hill Montessori in St. Paul, Minnesota, who hired him to oversee the school cafeteria.

Now, colleagues and family members are trying to understand why a police officer in a St. Paul suburb fatally shot Castile, 32, after stopping his car Wednesday night. The Justice Department announced it would conduct an investigation, which Gov. Mark Dayton said would look at whether Castile's race played a role in the incident. Castile was black.

Students at the magnet school came to know him as "Mr. Phil," a gregarious man who sneaked students extra Graham crackers and other treats in the lunch line.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/news/crime/article/Shooting-of-Mr-Phil-shocks-Minnesota-school-8346774.php

Subdermal
07-08-2016, 08:27 AM
Great. He sounds like he was a great guy. Have any of you leftist sycophants done a character study of the cop as well, or would that be considered too even-handed to assist your narrative?

Do you have the evidence of what happened?

Cigar
07-08-2016, 08:28 AM
Great. He sounds like he was a great guy. Have any of you leftist sycophants done a character study of the cop as well, or would that be considered too even-handed to assist your narrative?

Do you have the evidence of what happened?

No and as soon as one is given, how about you post it.

zelmo1234
07-08-2016, 08:33 AM
I think that it is very important to understand that this officer might have done the wrong thing, and if he did, it is important to use the legal system to see that justice is done.

Maybe if we as a nation stop jumping to conclusions find out the facts, and let the legal system have the first opportunity to correct these situations, life will be a lot better.

The left always wants to execute the officer before we know what really happened.

zelmo1234
07-08-2016, 08:35 AM

Well we know that one of the officers killed yesterday, was married 2 weeks ago, And he was down in Dallas protecting the protestors safety. And he was killed by someone that hated Cops and White people.

Thank Goodness the Dallas PD sent him to his rightful place in Hell this morning.

Cigar
07-08-2016, 08:36 AM
Sometimes it a little difficult to deny what your lying eyes are seeing ...

Subdermal
07-08-2016, 08:36 AM

There shouldn't be published information about any party involved in this incident, until an investigation into exactly what happened is conducted, and conclusions published. Failure to do while flavoring public opinion with appeals to emotion is called 'poisoning the well'.

It's something you leftists have perfected.

Cigar
07-08-2016, 08:38 AM
Well we know that one of the officers killed yesterday, was married 2 weeks ago, And he was down in Dallas protecting the protestors safety. And he was killed by someone that hated Cops and White people.

Thank Goodness the Dallas PD sent him to his rightful place in Hell this morning.

Good for him, yet bad for his family and friends. I'm sure he was a great individual, regardless of his looks and the clothes he had on.

But this thread is about Philando Castile , not anyone else.

Subdermal
07-08-2016, 08:39 AM
Sometimes it a little difficult to deny what your lying eyes are seeing ...

Yes. You should replace the laugh track in your head with that. Over and over again.

maineman
07-08-2016, 08:43 AM

he has the opportunity to show us his character going forward. His victim, unfortunately, does not. Any character study of Mr. Castile will have to be retrospective in nature.

JDubya
07-08-2016, 08:44 AM
Good for him, yet bad for his family and friends. I'm sure he was a great individual, regardless of his looks and the clothes he had on.

But this thread is about Philando Castile , not anyone else.

Hopefully someday these guys will learn to keep their hands in plain sight and not try to reach for anything when the cops pull them over.

Oboe
07-08-2016, 08:47 AM
It says Mr. Castile had a license to carny a firearm and was reaching for his ID when shot. What it doesn't say is whether or not he told the police he was armed before reaching. If he did not and was armed then this was a bad move. I carry, and I've been stopped and when I go for my ID, first I tell the cop I am carrying a gun. They ask where it is at and I tell them, Then I proceed to slowly produce my ID. I know these kinds of facts won't matter to the race baiters but reality is reality. With all the incidence of black violence, It's dangerous being a cop and stopping a black. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Don
07-08-2016, 01:47 PM
We won't know until all the evidence is brought out. In this case just because the victim was black and the officer white doesn't make it a race issue. There are many cases where its just cops with poor training or poor attitudes. These should be addressed. A lot of cops are as much against the 2nd amendment rights as any anti gunner out there. A person can be in complete compliance and still be in danger from a police officer who doesn't agree with the laws of the country or his state or county or city or town.

Incidents like these happen quite often, we just don't hear about it unless there is a "racial" agenda behind it.

https://youtu.be/Tq8Ie2C9Uaw

Or http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2011/07/21/you-fu-with-me-cop-threatens-concealed-carry-gun-owner-during-traffic-stop/

waltky
06-17-2017, 02:37 AM
Not guilty of all counts in the July 6, 2016 fatal shooting of Philando Castile...
http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif
Minn. Officer Acquitted in 2016 Fatal Shooting
June 16, 2017 - St. Anthony police officer Jeronimo Yanez has been found not guilty of all counts in the July 6, 2016 fatal shooting of Philando Castile.

After 27 hours of deliberation spanning five days, the jury of seven men and five women, including two people of color, reached its verdict shortly after 2 p.m. Friday. It was read in court at 2:45 p.m. The jury delivered the verdicts before a packed courtroom, which included Castile’s family. Yanez, 29, was charged in Ramsey County with one count of second-degree manslaughter and two counts of reckless discharge of a firearm for killing Castile, 32, last July 6 in Falcon Heights. Castile’s girlfriend, Diamond Rey*nolds, and her daughter, then 4, were also in the car at the time. Reynolds livestreamed the aftermath on Facebook, drawing worldwide attention to Castile’s death.

This is a breaking news update. Check back with Startribune.com for more details.

http://r1.officer.com/files/base/OFCR/image/2017/06/16x9/640x360/minnofficer.59443f947acca.jpg
St. Anthony police officer Jeronimo Yanez has been found not guilty of all counts in the July 6, 2016 fatal shooting of Philando Castile.

Jurors asked the court Friday to reread the officer’s testimony in its entirety, their second request this week for statements he made regarding the fatal shooting of Philando Castile. But Ramsey County District Court Judge William H. Leary III denied the request without elaborating, saying the reasons aren’t “important to share right now.” Jurors were convened about 9:45 a.m. Friday — their fifth day of deliberations — to address the issue. They broke for lunch shortly before noon. Leary read their note in court, “The jury respectfully requests that the entirety of officer Yanez’s testimony on the stand, including direct examination by the defense and subsequent cross-examination by the prosecution, be read from the transcript.” Castile’s mother, Valerie Castile, sister and supporters watched the brief proceeding, along with Yanez’s wife, parents, brothers and several supporters.

Jurors returned to their 26th hour of deliberation shortly before 10 a.m. “It’s not an unusual request for a jury that’s having a problem making a decision to have testimony reread,” said Joseph Daly, emeritus professor at Mitchell Hamline School of Law. But Daly and Minneapolis attorney Joe Tamburino said that Leary made the correct call, which was at his discretion and not governed by specific laws or the Minnesota Court Rules of Criminal Procedure. “I believe most judges would rule the way this judge has,” Daly said.

MORE (http://www.officer.com/news/12344903/minnesota-police-officer-acquitted-in-fatal-shooting)