PDA

View Full Version : Double standard?

AZ Jim
07-08-2016, 12:37 PM
Former CIA director and General David Petraeus KNOWINGLY gave away top secret information in volumes to his then girlfriend. Many felonies. He eventually got off with one misdemeanor, probation and a fine. Now, this guy knew where all the bodies were buried and as the FBI said many of the secrets "resulted in grave circumstances". The difference is he is a Republican and not running as a democrat for President.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/how-david-petraeus-avoided-felony-charges-and-possible-prison-time/2016/01/25/d77628dc-bfab-11e5-83d4-42e3bceea902_story.html

Cigar
07-08-2016, 12:47 PM
BUSTED: Republican Trey Gowdy Caught Using Private Email ServerRep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) and Republicans across the country have been obsessing over former Secretary of State and presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server during her time at the State Department. But what Republicans really should be asking is:What about Gowdy’s private email server?

On July 5, Clinton was cleared by a team of FBI investigators led by FBI Director James Comey. Dismayed by the fact that their email-centric political witch hunt failed to indict Clinton just weeks after the Benghazi “scandal” also cleared her, they decided to investigate the investigators and take on Comey. Gowdy led a portion of Comey’s interrogation.

Which makes it all the more hypocritical to learn that Benghazi Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy (R-SC) has been exposed for having his own personal email server at treygowdy.com (http://treygowdy.com/). AlterNet remarks that “while it’s not unusual to maintain such a thing particularly for campaign work, it’s not clear that Gowdy utilizes this email solely for political campaign work and not congressional tasks.”

Requests for comment by both Alternet and Correct The Record‘s David Brock (http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/why-benghazi-committee-chairman-trey-gowdy-refusing-talk-about-his-private-email) were both ignored by the Gowdy camp, which is highly indicative that he does use his personal email for Congressional work- if he had nothing to hide, why wouldn’t he just say so? Especially with the integrity of his failed committee under such harsh scrutiny by the rest of the nation, demanding answers for the colossal misuse of public funds and time. Gowdy had better be ready to put his own actions under the microscope.

http://occupydemocrats.com/2016/07/07/busted-republican-trey-gowdy-caught-using-private-email-server-2/

:owned::but:

Chris
07-08-2016, 12:50 PM
Former CIA director and General David Petraeus KNOWINGLY gave away top secret information in volumes to his then girlfriend. Many felonies. He eventually got off with one misdemeanor, probation and a fine. Now, this guy knew where all the bodies were buried and as the FBI said many of the secrets "resulted in grave circumstances". The difference is he is a Republican and not running as a democrat for President.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/how-david-petraeus-avoided-felony-charges-and-possible-prison-time/2016/01/25/d77628dc-bfab-11e5-83d4-42e3bceea902_story.html

Hillary got off too. So where's the double standard?

AZ Jim
07-08-2016, 12:54 PM
Hillary got off too. So where's the double standard?How much did you read from Democrats in the Petraeus scandal? Are you really stupid or do you just play that here?

Cigar
07-08-2016, 12:54 PM
Hillary got off too. So where's the double standard?

The Endless Congressional Hearings ... :laugh:

MisterVeritis
07-08-2016, 01:04 PM
BUSTED: Republican Trey Gowdy Caught Using Private Email Server:owned::but:
There is nothing wrong with having a private email server. You have to be more disciplined and not go chasing after every shiny object.

MisterVeritis
07-08-2016, 01:04 PM
That is on Crooked Hillary.

No matter. The election is Trump's to lose. Then Trump's AG can indict Crooked Hillary.

Chris
07-08-2016, 01:05 PM
How much did you read from Democrats in the Petraeus scandal? Are you really stupid or do you just play that here?

Why the childish insults, Jim? It's kind of pathetic.

del
07-08-2016, 01:05 PM
Why the childish insults, Jim? It's kind of pathetic.

as are you

carry on

Chris
07-08-2016, 01:06 PM

We like to post, Congress likes to have hearings--the more the better, keeps them from making new useless laws.

Chris
07-08-2016, 01:08 PM
as are you

carry on

:slap2:

AZ Jim
07-08-2016, 01:10 PM
Chris, if you don't like the title, don't play the part.

Chris
07-08-2016, 01:13 PM
Chris, if you don't like the title, don't play the part.

Where did I say I didn't like the title?

I just tire or these arguments from hypocrisy. Surely you don't mean to say other people's wrong make Hillary's wrongs rights.

AZ Jim
07-08-2016, 01:15 PM
Where did I say I didn't like the title?

I just tire or these arguments from hypocrisy. Surely you don't mean to say other people's wrong make Hillary's wrongs rights.This argument is so tired that it doesn't deserve an reply.

Green Arrow
07-08-2016, 01:32 PM
I'm not sure I see your point, Jim. I don't recall any Republicans defending Petraeus.

Chris
07-08-2016, 01:33 PM
This argument is so tired that it doesn't deserve an reply.

And yet people repeat it. You know, someone say Oba--and another Bush! Or Hill--Trump! He did--but she did that!

Tu quoque arguments were made famous...

https://i.snag.gy/85SzFD.jpg

AZ Jim
07-08-2016, 01:55 PM
I'm not sure I see your point, Jim. I don't recall any Republicans defending Petraeus. How much did you hear about it when compared to hearing after hearing, investigations, reports on the Clinton situation? He gave away knowingly huge quantities of top secret documents. He wasn't a Democrat running for President.

AZ Jim
07-08-2016, 03:08 PM
We like to post, Congress likes to have hearings--the more the better, keeps them from making new useless laws.So it's fine with you that one wheel of our entire government gets it's pay, gets it's perks but doesn't do what America pays it to do? Chris, you must be very young and immature that you feel justified in your positions. I've no respect whatsoever for your opinions.

Chris
07-08-2016, 03:56 PM
So it's fine with you that one wheel of our entire government gets it's pay, gets it's perks but doesn't do what America pays it to do? Chris, you must be very young and immature that you feel justified in your positions. I've no respect whatsoever for your opinions.

Are you not capable of arguing a point rationally without the playground ad hom?

I'd be fine if we fired the whole lot of Washington clowns.

Why do you trust a government that continues to screw you over?

hanger4
07-08-2016, 04:04 PM

Maybe if Hillary had been forthcoming with her relevant docs and hid them on her secret home-brew server this would all be over.

Peter1469
07-08-2016, 04:16 PM
So it's fine with you that one wheel of our entire government gets it's pay, gets it's perks but doesn't do what America pays it to do? Chris, you must be very young and immature that you feel justified in your positions. I've no respect whatsoever for your opinions.

The GOP swept into the House and Senate because they were elected there. They didn't just walk in and take over. You act like the man-child Obama deserves to get his way unopposed.

Green Arrow
07-08-2016, 05:33 PM
How much did you hear about it when compared to hearing after hearing, investigations, reports on the Clinton situation? He gave away knowingly huge quantities of top secret documents. He wasn't a Democrat running for President.

I heard about it quite a bit at the time, but the first investigation did the trick and punished him for it. End of story. The thing that pisses people off about Clinton is nothing will happen. She'll get away with it and probably be rewarded with the power she craves.

MisterVeritis
07-08-2016, 06:34 PM
How much did you hear about it when compared to hearing after hearing, investigations, reports on the Clinton situation? He gave away knowingly huge quantities of top secret documents. He wasn't a Democrat running for President.
Clinton obstructed justice. Petraeus lied to the FBI and then admitted it.

MisterVeritis
07-08-2016, 06:40 PM
Broadwell was a reserve military intelligence lieutenant colonel with a tops secret clearance. She was not cleared for the information because she did not need it to perform her government job.

Compare that to an unprotected server with tens of thousands of sensitive documents on it, compromised for four years by the Russians, the Chinese, the North Koreans, the Iranians, plus all of our friends.

Crooked Hillary should be executed by the state for what she did.

Common Sense
07-08-2016, 06:44 PM
Broadwell was a reserve military intelligence lieutenant colonel with a tops secret clearance. She was not cleared for the information because she did not need it to perform her government job.

Compare that to an unprotected server with tens of thousands of sensitive documents on it, compromised for four years by the Russians, the Chinese, the North Koreans, the Iranians, plus all of our friends.

LOL...I don't know if even conservatives can take you seriously anymore.

MisterVeritis
07-08-2016, 06:46 PM

LOL...I don't know if even conservatives can take you seriously anymore.
Was there something specific you object to?