PDA

View Full Version : Army fired Lt. Gen. Flynn for naming our enemy- radical jihadists

Peter1469
07-11-2016, 03:48 PM
Army fired Lt. Gen. Flynn for naming our enemy- radical jihadists (http://nypost.com/2016/07/09/the-military-fired-me-for-calling-our-enemies-radical-jihadis/)

The Army pushed him out because he was rocking the boat. I was impressed with what I saw of him.

Retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, who is reportedly being vetted by Donald Trump as a potential running mate, was fired as head of the *Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) in the winter of 2014 after three decades in the military. Here he tells the real story of his departure from his post and why America is not getting any closer to winning the war on terror.

Two years ago, I was called into a meeting with the undersecretary of defense for intelligence and the director of national intelligence, and after some “niceties,” I was told by the USDI that I was being let go from DIA. It was definitely an uncomfortable moment (I suspect more for them than me).

I asked the DNI (Gen. James Clapper) if my leadership of the agency was in question and he said it was not; had it been, he said, they would have relieved me on the spot.

I knew then it had more to do with the stand I took on radical Islamism and the expansion of al Qaeda and its associated movements. I felt the intel system was way too politicized, especially in the Defense Department. After being fired, I left the meeting thinking, “Here we are in the middle of a war, I had a significant amount of combat experience (nearly five years) against this determined enemy on the battlefield and served at senior levels, and here it was, the bureaucracy was letting me go.” Amazing.

Read more at the link.

Private Pickle
07-11-2016, 03:50 PM
Trump's VP choice.

Peter1469
07-11-2016, 03:51 PM
Looks like it may be Gov Peince now.

Common
07-11-2016, 04:15 PM
Obama had him fired

birddog
07-11-2016, 04:18 PM
Trump should make Flynn Secretary of Defense.

zelmo1234
07-11-2016, 05:27 PM
We can't get the people that Despise those that are willing to protect the USA both over seas and here on your city Streets out of DC fast enough for me.