PDA

View Full Version : Who should be allowed to vote?

Cthulhu
07-15-2016, 12:22 PM
For some reason the founders decided only men should be allowed to vote at a certain age, as well as hold political office. Personally I find this a little restrictive and we've made amendments regarding them.

Should there be a test or something, a qualifier to voting. Something annual that must be satisfied available free of charge and protected to fulfill by law so people can prove themselves worthy of the vote. Because frankly I think that just having a pulse is just not sufficient anymore.

I'm off the opinion that voting should be an earned privilege rather than a right.

People making uneducated and uninformed votes is providing ruinous results.

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.

Cigar
07-15-2016, 12:25 PM
All American Citizens over the age of 16

Cthulhu
07-15-2016, 12:29 PM
Have you thought of the impact of that?

Mac-7
07-15-2016, 12:33 PM

16?

Dont make me laugh.

And not all Americans.

Certainly not convicted felons.

Nor naturalized citizens.

Cigar
07-15-2016, 12:33 PM
Have you thought of the impact of that?

Yea ... Guaranteed Democrats Victory :laugh:

Cthulhu
07-15-2016, 12:34 PM
Yea ... Guaranteed Democrats Victory :laugh:
*facepalm*

Whatever dude.

Cigar
07-15-2016, 12:35 PM
16?

Dont make me laugh.

And not all Americans.

Certainly not convicted felons.

Nor naturalized citizens.

Then want's the purpose of serving time?

Common Sense
07-15-2016, 12:35 PM
All Americans over 18.

Deciding who can and who can't vote is a slippery slope. Who defines the qualifications?

Could we say that old folks who watch Fox News and who are typically uninformed can't vote? I don't think so.

Cthulhu
07-15-2016, 12:41 PM
All Americans over 18.

Deciding who can and who can't vote is a slippery slope. Who defines the qualifications?

Could we say that old folks who watch Fox News and who are typically uninformed can't vote? I don't think so.
Does anybody not see what a wreck it is by allowing just anybody with a pulse who managed to not die for 18 years to vote is?

Both parties are a wreck, and the main is worse off then ever. And we voted for it. The base of the problem is the voter and or needs to be addressed.

AZ Jim
07-15-2016, 12:41 PM
I never believed 18 year old's should vote. 21 is a good age to begin voting. I don't buy the "if you're old enough to go to war...etc" argument. Back when I began voting I had to be 21. Yet I was in the military.

FindersKeepers
07-15-2016, 01:21 PM
For some reason the founders decided only men should be allowed to vote at a certain age, as well as hold political office. Personally I find this a little restrictive and we've made amendments regarding them.

Should there be a test or something, a qualifier to voting. Something annual that must be satisfied available free of charge and protected to fulfill by law so people can prove themselves worthy of the vote. Because frankly I think that just having a pulse is just not sufficient anymore.

I'm off the opinion that voting should be an earned privilege rather than a right.

I would be in favor of a test that demonstrated the voter at least knew a modicum of information about the candidates.

Maybe right in the polling booth...on the ballot. That would save money and if the voter got the questions wrong -- just boot the ballot.

FindersKeepers
07-15-2016, 01:22 PM
I never believed 18 year old's should vote. 21 is a good age to begin voting. I don't buy the "if you're old enough to go to war...etc" argument. Back when I began voting I had to be 21. Yet I was in the military.

And, 18 year olds were a LOT more mature when you were that age than they are now.

I agree -- 21 would be a better age.

Mister D
07-15-2016, 01:27 PM
And, 18 year olds were a LOT more mature when you were that age than they are now.

I agree -- 21 would be a better age.

My mom always says that.

AZ Jim
07-15-2016, 01:29 PM

I agree -- 21 would be a better age.Do you know, I heard a couple of professionals on TV discussing this. Among other things they said a 1950's high school diploma means more than a 2000's college degree in total scope of knowledge.

Captain Obvious
07-15-2016, 01:32 PM
Most of the fucking cement heads registeted to vote now shouldn't be allowed to procreate let alone vote.

Common Sense
07-15-2016, 01:49 PM
...and here I thought most conservatives were all about freedom and natural rights.

FindersKeepers
07-15-2016, 01:55 PM
Do you know, I heard a couple of professionals on TV discussing this. Among other things they said a 1950's high school diploma means more than a 2000's college degree in total scope of knowledge.

I believe that.

I've heard different theories as to why that might be true and one of them was that today's students have so much more to absorb, mostly technology-wise, that they don't focus as much on mastering the basics.

My niece earned her Masters in education and I get embarrassed for her when I read her Facebook posts. How did she get a high school diploma, much less a Masters when she can't write a decent sentence?

FindersKeepers
07-15-2016, 01:57 PM
...and here I thought most conservatives were all about freedom and natural rights.

Oh dear -- I hope you haven't started one of those "natural rights" discussions.

Common Sense
Oh dear -- I hope you haven't started one of those "natural rights" discussions.

LOL...I hope not, ;)

FindersKeepers
My mom always says that.

Smart woman, your mum.

Common Sense
07-15-2016, 01:58 PM
I know a bunch of people in their mid 20's through my business and the design community in general. They are super bright and far more mature and informed than I was at their age. But they could be anomalies.

Captain Obvious
07-15-2016, 02:01 PM

With freedom comes responsibility.

A concept progressives are wholly ignorant to.

Common Sense
07-15-2016, 02:03 PM
With freedom comes responsibility.

A concept progressives are wholly ignorant to.

Yeah, we're pretty dumb. We shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Mac-7
07-15-2016, 02:10 PM
Then want's the purpose of serving time?

Serving time is how you get out of jail.

it does not stop you from being a convicted felon.

Common Sense
07-15-2016, 02:12 PM
I find it pretty funny when the NRA freaks out about felons voting (as they can in some states), yet they campaign to allow felons to be able to own guns.

Mac-7
07-15-2016, 02:15 PM
I would be in favor of a test that demonstrated the voter at least knew a modicum of information about the candidates.

Maybe right in the polling booth...on the ballot. That would save money and if the voter got the questions wrong -- just boot the ballot.

Would that be an oral test for black citizens who are illiterate?

Such as the ones in Louisiana who could not pass a written exam by Georgia Pacific for employment?

sachem
07-15-2016, 02:16 PM

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.Who decides what educated and/or informed means?

Voting is a right.

Truth Detector
07-15-2016, 02:18 PM
Most of the $#@!ing cement heads registeted to vote now shouldn't be allowed to procreate let alone vote.

^Damned funny and so true!! :laugh:

Truth Detector
07-15-2016, 02:18 PM

What does freedom and natural rights have to do with voting age?

Cthulhu
07-15-2016, 02:19 PM
Who decides what educated and/or informed means?

Voting is a right.
You have to start somewhere. Because the present system is broken and is only producing damaged goods.

Common Sense
What does freedom and natural rights have to do with voting age?

I didn't say voting age, I said voting in general.

Truth Detector
I find it pretty funny when the NRA freaks out about felons voting (as they can in some states), yet they campaign to allow felons to be able to own guns.

This statement is an outright lie; NRA members have NEVER argued for felons to own guns.

Why are liberals such hypocritical liars???

Truth Detector
07-15-2016, 02:23 PM
Who decides what educated and/or informed means?

Voting is a right.

Wrong; voting is a sacred privilege and should not be squandered by presuming everyone who can be bussed to a voting booth should vote.

Our founders so mistrusted ignorant voters electing corrupt politicians who were willing to pander to them that they created an ELECTORAL process whereby STATES would actually elect Presidents and not a POPULAR vote.

More proof of how pathetic our liberal educational establishment is and how it is NOT educating, but rather, indoctrinating.

Common Sense
07-15-2016, 02:24 PM
This statement is an outright lie; NRA members have NEVER argued for felons to own guns.

Why are liberals such hypocritical liars???

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/25/nra-lecture-circumvent-restrictions-buying-guns

Truth Detector
07-15-2016, 02:24 PM
I didn't say voting age, I said voting in general.

Where did I say you said "age"? Oh that's right, I was merely trying to drag your low information butt back to the topic. DUH!

Truth Detector
07-15-2016, 02:27 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/25/nra-lecture-circumvent-restrictions-buying-guns

I am sorry; I cannot find one thing in this link supporting your retarded and false claim. Good lord, are all liberal illiterate as well as being lying hypocrites??? :biglaugh:

Cthulhu
Where did I say you said "age"? Oh that's right, I was merely trying to drag your low information butt back to the topic. DUH!
Maintain civility.

Common Sense
The Founding fathers in their infinite and blessed wisdom wanted only white land owning Christian men to vote.

Common Sense
07-15-2016, 02:28 PM

You said..."What does freedom and natural rights have to do with voting age?"

Can you see the word age in your quoted text?

Cthulhu
07-15-2016, 02:29 PM
The Founding fathers in their infinite and blessed wisdom wanted only white land owning Christian men to vote.
Surely you can back that claim up. Where they express such desires in print would be great.

Common Sense
07-15-2016, 02:29 PM
I am sorry; I cannot find one thing in this link supporting your retarded and false claim. Good lord, are all liberal illiterate as well as being lying hypocrites??? :biglaugh:

We're trying to have a civil discussion here. Why don't you take it down a notch?

Common Sense
07-15-2016, 02:32 PM
Surely you can back that claim up. Where they express such desires in print would be great.

I was being facetious, but the reality is that in early America only white males who owned property could vote in most states.

http://www.history.org/Foundation/journal/spring07/elections.cfm

"At its birth, the United States was not a democratic nation—far from it. The very word "democracy" had pejorative overtones, summoning up images of disorder, government by the unfit, even mob rule. In practice, moreover, relatively few of the nation's inhabitants were able to participate in elections: among the excluded were most African Americans, Native Americans, women, men who had not attained their majority, and white males who did not own land."

sachem
07-15-2016, 02:35 PM
The Founding fathers in their infinite and blessed wisdom wanted only white land owning Christian men to vote.They weren't perfect.

Cthulhu
07-15-2016, 02:36 PM
I was being facetious, but the reality is that in early America only white males who owned property could vote in most states.

http://www.history.org/Foundation/journal/spring07/elections.cfm

"At its birth, the United States was not a democratic nation—far from it. The very word "democracy" had pejorative overtones, summoning up images of disorder, government by the unfit, even mob rule. In practice, moreover, relatively few of the nation's inhabitants were able to participate in elections: among the excluded were most African Americans, Native Americans, women, men who had not attained their majority, and white males who did not own land."
I understand the history, we just don't need pointless hyperbole.

I'm trying to facilitate a reasonable discussion on the ability to vote and whether or not or should be a right or a privilege.

Common Sense
07-15-2016, 02:44 PM

I'm trying to facilitate a reasonable discussion on the ability to vote and whether or not or should be a right or a privilege.

It's perfectly relevant and it wasn't a snide comment directed at anyone.

I think the history of voting rights is very relevant to the discussion.

Ethereal
07-15-2016, 02:46 PM
I don't think voting matters that much, so it's hard for me to answer the question.

Common Sense
07-15-2016, 02:47 PM
I think that taking money out of politics would do more to fix the system than to address voting. Stricter laws regarding campaign finance and lobbyists would make a huge difference.

FindersKeepers
07-15-2016, 03:46 PM
Would that be an oral test for black citizens who are illiterate?

Such as the ones in Louisiana who could not pass a written exam by Georgia Pacific for employment?

Come on, Mac...if a person is illiterate, it's because they didn't have the benefit of a good education. And, being illiterate isn't a measure of a person's worth, anyway. You're listening to Sage too much.

I taught ESL to Vietnamese students for a while and I not only read to them (high school level), I had to use picture books and charades half the time to get them to understand. Their illiteracy was not blot on their character.

If anyone needs someone to read to them -- I'd be happy to do it in my community.

I just think voters need to know, at the very least, who the candidates and running mates are.

The Xl
07-15-2016, 03:48 PM
I'd lower it to 16. There isn't really much merit in the claim that older voters are smarter voters, and I think even teenagers should have a say in what is their present and future. It will ultimately affect them more anyway.

nathanbforrest45
07-15-2016, 03:59 PM
Only those who have served in the military should have the right to vote. If you won't defend the country then you should have no right to say how its governed.

The Xl
07-15-2016, 04:01 PM
Only those who have served in the military should have the right to vote. If you won't defend the country then you should have no right to say how its governed.

And how does serving give you the right to dictate laws and policy to everyone? Thankfully, it's an incoherent thought that has little to no traction.

Cthulhu
07-15-2016, 04:19 PM
I don't think voting matters that much, so it's hard for me to answer the question.
I tend to concur. Ultimately of like to figure out why some think it is so important and valuable, but that is another topic.

Common Sense
07-15-2016, 04:21 PM
I tend to concur. Ultimately of like to figure out why some think it is so important and valuable, but that is another topic.

How can you concur? Your OP implies the opposite.

Cthulhu
07-15-2016, 04:22 PM
And how does serving give you the right to dictate laws and policy to everyone? Thankfully, it's an incoherent thought that has little to no traction.
When you can vote to send another person to go and fight and kill/die for X reason, and you're the guy that has to go do it, it begins to make a hell of a lot of sense.

In not a supporter of it personally, but I can't argue the wisdom of it.

Peter1469
07-15-2016, 04:26 PM

We should tighten up voting requirements. I see no advantage to allowing the dim vote. I also see no advantage to allowing those on the public dole to vote.

Cthulhu
07-15-2016, 04:31 PM
How can you concur? Your OP implies the opposite.
This thread is an experiment.

Peter1469
07-15-2016, 04:42 PM
Yeah, we're pretty dumb. We shouldn't be allowed to vote.

I can agree with that.

Safety
07-15-2016, 05:00 PM
Sure, let's make people qualify to vote, then we can make people qualify to own a gun.

Peter1469
07-15-2016, 05:04 PM
Sure, let's make people qualify to vote, then we can make people qualify to own a gun.

We do that already. It just is nowhere strict enough for the hard left.

Safety
07-15-2016, 05:08 PM
We do that already. It just is nowhere strict enough for the hard left.

We qualify by saying if you have a clean record, you can buy a gun. We do the same for voting, you can't be a felon. This thread is about restricting voting by means of a test or if one receives government subsidies. The same test can be applied to gun ownership.

Your business receives government subsidies, no vote or gun purchases for you. You must know basic civics and pass a test on how government works in order to vote, you must pass a qualifying test and prove marksmanship abilities before being able to purchase a gun.

Peter1469
07-15-2016, 05:11 PM
We qualify by saying if you have a clean record, you can buy a gun. We do the same for voting, you can't be a felon. This thread is about restricting voting by means of a test or if one receives government subsidies. The same test can be applied to gun ownership.

Your business receives government subsidies, no vote or gun purchases for you. You must know basic civics and pass a test on how government works in order to vote, you must pass a qualifying test and prove marksmanship abilities before being able to purchase a gun.

I don't think the two are the same. Anyway, I don't mind a showing of competency to buy a gun.

Cthulhu
07-15-2016, 05:28 PM
I don't think the two are the same. Anyway, I don't mind a showing of competency to buy a gun.
How does one gain competency if they have nothing to practice with?

A shooter's academy?

:D

Peter1469
07-15-2016, 07:25 PM
How does one gain competency if they have nothing to practice with?

A shooter's academy?

:D

They could hire you or me.

Crepitus
07-15-2016, 07:53 PM
They're All about freedom. Their freedom. Fuck everybody else.

And "natural rights" is a complete load of hogwash.

Peter1469
07-15-2016, 07:54 PM
They're All about freedom. Their freedom. Fuck everybody else.

And "natural rights" is a complete load of hogwash.

Without natural rights we are slaves.

del
07-15-2016, 07:55 PM

and at such meetings every male inhabitant of twenty-one years of age and upwards, having a freehold estate within the commonwealth, of the annual income of three pounds, or any estate of the value of sixty pounds, shall have a right to give in his vote for the senators for the district of which he is an inhabitant

this is from the original constitution of massachusetts, written by john adams

although he makes no reference to color or religion, it seems to me that they may have been taken for granted at the time it was written.

del
07-15-2016, 07:56 PM

it doesn't.

Crepitus
07-15-2016, 08:05 PM
Not gonna do this whole "natural rights" thing and derail the thread. You wanna believe in that fairy tail you go right ahead.

Peter1469
07-15-2016, 08:06 PM
Not gonna do this whole "natural rights" thing and derail the thread. You wanna believe in that fairy tail you go right ahead.

Right. The government just gave you orders to report for extermination.

Bye.

del
07-15-2016, 08:07 PM
:rolleyes:

Peter1469
07-15-2016, 08:08 PM
:smiley:

Common Sense
07-15-2016, 08:12 PM
:wave:

del
07-15-2016, 08:15 PM
i love it when petey goes all scarlett o'hara with the drama.

Peter1469
07-15-2016, 08:17 PM

That's it. No more voting for anyone associated with the Navy.

del
07-15-2016, 08:19 PM

frankly, petey, i don't give a damn.

Peter1469
07-15-2016, 08:20 PM
frankly, petey, i don't give a damn.

OK, I will put you down for yes.

del
07-15-2016, 08:21 PM
OK, I will put you down for yes.

that's nice, honey.

Peter1469
07-15-2016, 08:23 PM
that's nice, honey.

checked off on the list....

moving on

Green Arrow
07-15-2016, 08:46 PM
If you work and pay taxes, or serve in the military, regardless of age, you should be able to vote. Period.

The Xl
07-15-2016, 10:50 PM
When you can vote to send another person to go and fight and kill/die for X reason, and you're the guy that has to go do it, it begins to make a hell of a lot of sense.

In not a supporter of it personally, but I can't argue the wisdom of it.

Voting entails quite a bit more than warfare. Most people aren't voting in support of these wars anyway.

Cthulhu
07-15-2016, 10:54 PM
Ouch.

Guess Marines don't get too vote.

For shame...

Peter1469
07-15-2016, 10:59 PM
Ouch.

For shame...

I meant Del. He knows.

silvereyes
07-15-2016, 11:23 PM

Frankly, my dear, i dont give pink rat's ass."

Isnt that what Clark said?

sachem
07-15-2016, 11:36 PM
You have to start somewhere. Because the present system is broken and is only producing damaged goods.

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.No.
That is just an excuse for some, who think themselves better than others, to grab power.

Cthulhu
07-15-2016, 11:38 PM
No.
That is just an excuse for some, who think themselves better than others, to grab power.
I find it interesting that people want to regulate fiercely certain things - guns, sex, campaign finance.

And leave the power source - voting, completely untouched.

Hal Jordan
07-15-2016, 11:38 PM
Thanks to another thread, I found out that only my vote counts, so why bother letting anyone else vote?

sachem
07-15-2016, 11:46 PM
I find it interesting that people want to regulate fiercely certain things - guns, sex, campaign finance.

And leave the power source - voting, completely untouched.

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.It is interesting. But not unexpected.

Maybe we should lower the voting age. Start people voting earlier in life.

sachem
07-15-2016, 11:47 PM
Thanks to another thread, I found out that only my vote counts, so why bother letting anyone else vote?That's a lot of power. But you seem like a good guy.

Cthulhu
07-15-2016, 11:49 PM
It is interesting. But not unexpected.

Maybe we should lower the voting age. Start people voting earlier in life.
Me thinks we should improve the quality of voter.

sachem
07-16-2016, 12:06 AM
Me thinks we should improve the quality of voter.

Quality? Not up to your standards?

I'd like to increase voter participation/interest.

decedent
07-16-2016, 01:22 AM
Does anybody not see what a wreck it is by allowing just anybody with a pulse who managed to not die for 18 years to vote is?

Both parties are a wreck, and the main is worse off then ever. And we voted for it. The base of the problem is the voter and or needs to be addressed.

Serious question: why not an oligarchy or autocracy? It would solve the problem of uneducated voters.

Sent from my club-going sealphone

Cthulhu
07-16-2016, 06:17 AM
Quality? Not up to your standards?

I'd like to increase voter participation/interest.
Increasing participation is easy. Just pass a law that grants you an incentive to inspire your participation.

Debatedrone
07-16-2016, 06:49 AM
Any adult person who is a constituent of a congressional district under the jurisdiction of the US Constitution; and for census purposes is counted as, and for, representation in that congressional district.

Peter1469
07-16-2016, 06:57 AM
Any adult person who is a constituent of a congressional district under the jurisdiction of the US Constitution; and for census purposes is counted as, and for, representation in that congressional district.

Why? What value is added by the dim and unconcerned voting? In 2004 there were women who claimed to want to vote for Kerry because he had nice hair. Why in the world do those creatures get to vote?

Debatedrone
07-16-2016, 07:08 AM
Why? What value is added by the dim and unconcerned voting? In 2004 there were women who claimed to want to vote for Kerry because he had nice hair. Why in the world do those creatures get to vote?

I don't think I indicated that people should be forced to vote.

I'm almost sure someone of superior intelligence is making your same argument about you.

Why do you believe that a person of superior intellect should want to allow you to vote?

Peter1469
07-16-2016, 07:10 AM
I don't think I indicated that people should be forced to vote.

I'm almost sure someone of superior intelligence is making y

Sentences are better than incomplete sentences.

Why should dim people be allowed to vote?

Debatedrone
07-16-2016, 07:17 AM
Sentences are better than incomplete sentences.

Why should dim people be allowed to vote?

Whatever your definition of dim is...there is someone smarter than you who has their definition.

Why should you be allowed to vote?

Peter1469
07-16-2016, 07:35 AM
Whatever your definition of dim is...there is someone smarter than you who has their definition.

I don't have my own definition of dim. It is below average on the IQ bell curve.

http://www.chamlongclinic-psych.com/document/intelligence/Intelligence1.jpg

Debatedrone
07-16-2016, 07:53 AM
My definition of dim is putting up a graphic with no context or link to material.

Peter1469
07-16-2016, 07:55 AM
My definition of dim is putting up a graphic with no context or link to material.

Oh.

I went with the actual meaning of the word.

Back on topic. What is the value of allowing the dim to vote?

Hal Jordan
07-16-2016, 11:44 AM
That's a lot of power. But you seem like a good guy.

I try to be.

AZ Jim
07-16-2016, 11:49 AM
Ouch.

For shame...

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone. Lesson in Military structure. Marines are part of the Navy, they serve under the Navy Department.

Cthulhu
07-16-2016, 11:53 AM
Lesson in Military structure. Marines are part of the Navy, they serve under the Navy Department.
... I know.

I did an enlistment in the Marine Corps.

domer76
07-16-2016, 12:24 PM

lol

Sure we are. I guess the REAL slaves had none, then.

Cthulhu
07-16-2016, 02:46 PM
lol

Wrong, they were deprived of them by a despotic government.

That's where you always screw up.

Peter1469
07-16-2016, 02:49 PM
lol

Everyone has natural rights. Some let the government take them away. Like you.

Cthulhu
07-16-2016, 02:49 PM

Simply put I don't think it should be based on intellect.

There are retarded folks who would make more valuable members of society than others.

Me thinks it should be based on merit and level of dependency.

gamewell45
07-16-2016, 03:56 PM
All US citizens 18 or older should be allowed to vote. Otherwise, don't expect me to pay any taxes if I cannot vote.

Peter1469
07-16-2016, 04:06 PM
All US citizens 18 or older should be allowed to vote. Otherwise, don't expect me to pay any taxes if I cannot vote.

I think that you should pay your taxes. And if you can't pass a test on civics and history you should not vote.

Oboe
07-16-2016, 04:08 PM
Who should vote? Whoever has a valid ID.

domer76
07-16-2016, 04:24 PM
Wrong, they were deprived of them by a despotic government.

That's where you always screw up.

The screw up is believing in natural rights. Much like your belief in Santa Claus and the tooth fairy.

domer76
07-16-2016, 04:24 PM
Everyone has natural rights. Some let the government take them away. Like you.

Another farce that you buy hook, line and sinker.

Peter1469
07-16-2016, 04:25 PM
There is one who has no business voting.

gamewell45
07-16-2016, 05:23 PM
I think that you should pay your taxes. And if you can't pass a test on civics and history you should not vote.

We agree to disagree on this one Peter. No taxation without representation.

Peter1469
07-16-2016, 05:24 PM
We agree to disagree on this one Peter. No taxation without representation.

Agreed. We don't need to agree.

For my part, I don't want the dim diluting our votes.

Crepitus
07-16-2016, 06:44 PM
Right. The government just gave you orders to report for extermination.

Bye.

They have no right to do that.

Mister D
07-16-2016, 06:51 PM
They have no right to do that.

Then they can just create one.

Crepitus
07-16-2016, 06:52 PM
Then they can just create one.

I'm sure they will, that's how all rights come into being.

Mister D
07-16-2016, 06:54 PM
I'm sure they will, that's how all rights come into being.

So 'they' can do whatever they want and it's not unjustified.

Mind you, I'm just humoring you. We both know you don't believe that. I'm just hoping the patent absurdity of your position becomes apparent to you.

Debatedrone
07-16-2016, 09:04 PM
Agreed. We don't need to agree.

For my part, I don't want the dim diluting our votes.

The non-dim are not a monolithic group. They all have superior intellect as a subgroup but they all have individual beliefs and political leanings as well.

The dims are likewise individuals with differing beliefs and political leanings.

In fact, by culling out all the dims, you yourself are diluting your own voting block.

Clearly intelligence is not the marker you truly seek...it is those that differ with your political leanings that is your real focus. Intelligence is just being used to mask real intent.

Cthulhu
07-16-2016, 09:51 PM
The screw up is believing in natural rights. Much like your belief in Santa Claus and the tooth fairy.
I didn't realize what a Hitler fan you were.

Sieg heil.

Mister D
07-16-2016, 10:02 PM
I didn't realize what a Hitler fan you were.

Sieg heil.

It's incredible, isn't it? This is the same guy who is outraged over the fact that one disapproves of gay marriage.

Peter1469
07-17-2016, 03:54 AM
The non-dim are not a monolithic group. They all have superior intellect as a subgroup but they all have individual beliefs and political leanings as well.

The dims are likewise individuals with differing beliefs and political leanings.

In fact, by culling out all the dims, you yourself are diluting your own voting block.

Clearly intelligence is not the marker you truly seek...it is those that differ with your political leanings that is your real focus. Intelligence is just being used to mask real intent.

No.

People who don't understand, and don't care to understand the issues do not need to vote. I don't care which candidate they are voting for.