PDA

View Full Version : In the end, it’s Mitt

Captain Obvious
09-29-2012, 10:15 AM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81772.html

It isn’t the chair (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/80498.html) or the ho-hum convention. Or the leaked video (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81312.html). Or Stuart Stevens. Or the improving economy. Or media bias. Or distorted polls. Or the message. Or Mormonism.It’s Mitt.

[/URL] With Republicans everywhere wondering what has happened to the [URL="http://www.politico.com/2012-election/mitt-romney/index.html"]Mitt Romney campaign (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81772.html#continue), people who know the candidate personally and professionally offer a simple explanation: It’s the candidate himself.

Slowly and reluctantly, Republicans who love and work for Romney are concluding that for all his gifts as a leader, businessman and role model, he’s just not a good political candidate in this era.

GrassrootsConservative
09-29-2012, 10:24 AM
Nah. Sorry CO, it's not Mitt, it's the fuckin media. If the media did their job, Obama would be impeached by now and we would not have an incumbent.
Mitt Romney is fine, but he can't beat both Obama and your left-wing media bullshit.

Shoot the Goose
09-29-2012, 11:02 AM
An editorial from Politico with nothing tangible to offer ? Why don't you just spam the joint ?

Oh wait .............. :rollseyes:

When the numbers are weighted towards the average of the last two elections, Mitt is up 4-5. This debate is documented all over this forum, and elsewhere. Yet you post this junk ?

Captain Obvious
09-29-2012, 11:06 AM
This is a prime example of why anti-trolling measures will have no or negative impact.

I simply posted an article for discussion and so far I've been attacked and labeled a troll and a liberal.

The vendetta driven aspect of the culture of the forum is the real problem. If you disagree, attack the subject, not the OP. Or just ignore it. Throwing insults and ad hom out only incites mud slinging, and once gloves get dropped, someone inevitably cries "troll".

Beevee
09-29-2012, 11:10 AM
Nah. Sorry CO, it's not Mitt, it's the fuckin media. If the media did their job, Obama would be impeached by now and we would not have an incumbent.
Mitt Romney is fine, but he can't beat both Obama and your left-wing media bullshit.

So, it's the media that can impeach the President now?

Obviously there is no need for Congress and the Senate either. The media can run the country far better than both houses, if only they did their job properly. Good logic, is that.

roadmaster
09-29-2012, 01:06 PM
Obviously there is no need for Congress and the Senate either

Well the President doesn't have much use for them lately.

head of joaquin
09-29-2012, 01:13 PM

Denial -- another conservative trait.

shaarona
09-29-2012, 01:15 PM

Its real important to find out what the facts are....... and not be duped.

The GOP has had the year of the circus... a whole field of dumb phonies.

The only candidate they had was Huntsman.

Akula
09-29-2012, 01:24 PM

Obviously there is no need for Congress and the Senate either. The media can run the country far better than both houses, if only they did their job properly. Good logic, is that.

Distortion and purposely misconstruing.
If the media were impartial and did their job of informing the public, rather than acting as the propaganda arm of government, the people would know the truth rather than partisan spin and an informed electorate who holds their officials responsible would demand that the law be followed...and if it weren't politicians would be impeached...you get that, right?

You were just twisting and distorting to be funny, right?

head of joaquin
09-29-2012, 01:34 PM
If the media were impartial and did their job of informing the public, rather than acting as the propaganda arm of government, the people would know the truth rather than partisan spin and an informed electorate who holds their officials responsible would demand that the law be followed...and if it weren't politicians would be impeached...you get that, right?

So the libral media has brought another conservative politician down. Again. Looks like we keep wining and rightwingers keep being outmaneuvered.

Peter1469
09-29-2012, 01:35 PM

Certainly you understand the English language.

If the media did its job and reported on the Obama regimes failures and cover ups, the American people would turn against the regime. Congress would likely vote on articles of impeachment. Regardless his poll numbers would be in the tank, where they belong.

Deadwood
09-29-2012, 01:43 PM
Mitt has indeed made some mistakes and, as I have said from the beginning, is a weak candidate.

They continue to make the error of letting Obama set the agenda, when it should be the challenger who defines the issues.

Having said that, there is a definite bias in the media. Every minor mistake gets hauled through the wringer again and again....while Obama gets a free ride.

I swear, if there were a middle ground news source they would go broke. The whole country has become more divided than before the civil war, but this is not geographic, but class warfare and Obama has been pouring Arabian gasoline on that fire for five years.

I used to want to move back....now I am grateful to be here, even with higher tax rates.

Akula
09-29-2012, 01:46 PM
So the libral media has brought another conservative politician down. Again. Looks like we keep wining and rightwingers keep being outmaneuvered.
That's not what I said. Your premise is invalid.
Careful, though...you'll pull a muscle with all that twisting and spinning.

GrassrootsConservative
09-29-2012, 03:16 PM

The arena is completely unfair. It's like a wrestling match between Barack Odumba and Mitt Romney, except Odumba has the referee on his side and the referee won't call him on anything he's doing. Yep, you keep winning because you have to be completely biased and keep the people uninformed about EVERYTHING. I truly hope we win the election, for my sake, your sake, and everyone in America's sake.

bladimz
09-29-2012, 03:16 PM
Mitt has indeed made some mistakes and, as I have said from the beginning, is a weak candidate.

They continue to make the error of letting Obama set the agenda, when it should be the challenger who defines the issues.

Having said that, there is a definite bias in the media. Every minor mistake gets hauled through the wringer again and again....while Obama gets a free ride.

I swear, if there were a middle ground news source they would go broke. The whole country has become more divided than before the civil war, but this is not geographic, but class warfare and Obama has been pouring Arabian gasoline on that fire for five years.

I used to want to move back....now I am grateful to be here, even with higher tax rates.I always thought that the Associated Press was an acceptable news source. Is it not?

bladimz
09-29-2012, 03:20 PM
The arena is completely unfair. It's like a wrestling match between Barack Odumba and Mitt Romney, except Odumba has the referee on his side and the referee won't call him on anything he's doing. Yep, you keep winning because you have to be completely biased and keep the people uninformed about EVERYTHING. I truly hope we win the election, for my sake, your sake, and everyone in America's sake.I would love for Mitt Bumbly to win this election: i'm a masochist, i suppose, but it would very interesting to see how he would set America back on the right "track".

Akula
09-29-2012, 03:24 PM
I would love for Mitt Bumbly to win this election: i'm a masochist, i suppose, but it would very interesting to see how he would set America back on the right "track".

It can't be done...This country is too far gone the citizens are too polarized and uninformed...american idol is more important than the well being of the country.
This country is finished and we're watching the final days.

If romney/congress/senate/SCOTUS didn't pass/enact another law for the next4 years...the tailspin the country is in can't be reversed. There's too much momentum heading downhill for anyone to correct...
The only answer to 2012..0r 2016 is 1776.
Scrap the whole thing and start over.

Akula
09-29-2012, 03:25 PM
I always thought that the Associated Press was an acceptable news source. Is it not?

A.P. stands for Always Prejudiced. ;)

bladimz
09-29-2012, 03:29 PM
A.P. stands for Always Prejudiced. ;)Ok, but is it a reliable news source.

Cedric
09-29-2012, 03:30 PM
In the end, it’s Mitt

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81772.html

It isn’t the chair (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/80498.html) or the ho-hum convention. Or the leaked video (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81312.html). Or Stuart Stevens. Or the improving economy. Or media bias. Or distorted polls. Or the message. Or Mormonism.It’s Mitt.

With Republicans everywhere wondering what has happened to the Mitt Romney campaign (http://www.politico.com/2012-election/mitt-romney/index.html), people who know the candidate personally and professionally offer a simple explanation: It’s the candidate himself.

Slowly and reluctantly, Republicans who love and work for Romney are concluding that for all his gifts as a leader, businessman and role model, he’s just not a good political candidate in this era.

Well heck we have to admire the brazen chutzpah of an organization notorious for always finding a way to polish Obama's dangling little apples proclaiming that it's got nothing to do with media bias when the media ignored the events inside Libya for about three weeks while ganging up to do their very best to cripple Romney's campaign for Obama benefit. Then they declare that it's all Romeny's fault? They should get some sort of prize for that is all I'm saying.

Peter1469
09-29-2012, 04:27 PM
I would love for Mitt Bumbly to win this election: i'm a masochist, i suppose, but it would very interesting to see how he would set America back on the right "track".

Unfortunately I don't think that he can. He doesn't want to cut spending (maybe projected growth). He wants to increase defense spending and go to war with Iran. My only reason for voting for Mitt is SCOTUS nominations over the next 4 years.

Larry Dickman
09-29-2012, 04:39 PM

Your attitude sucks. Congrats, you bought hook, line and sinker the Democrap bait.

GrassrootsConservative
09-29-2012, 05:10 PM
Your attitude sucks. Congrats, you bought hook, line and sinker the Democrap bait.

You might be right, but so am I.

Also, apparently my attitude is working because I got 4 "Thanks", playing "Mr. Nice Guy" might work for Libs, but I'm done playing nice. I'm pissed off at the state of the nation right now. Sorry if you're offended.

My America is getting flushed down the toilet because millions of people felt obliged to elect the first black president to prove they aren't racist. It's pretty shitty, I think I have a right to have a shitty attitude.

Larry Dickman
09-29-2012, 05:19 PM

Also, apparently my attitude is working because I got 4 "Thanks", playing "Mr. Nice Guy" might work for Libs, but I'm done playing nice. I'm pissed off at the state of the nation right now. Sorry if you're offended.

I'm not offended, friend. I'm disappointed that you could be swayed into believing the Democrap/MSM duet of lies. We need to stand strong as Conservatives. Stand behind our man and not raise the white flag to a bunch of pissant little dickheads. See, they want you to be pessimistic. They want you and all of us to believe, it's over, we have no chance. All lies. We are ahead and we will win.

Beevee
09-29-2012, 08:53 PM
I'm not offended, friend. I'm disappointed that you could be swayed into believing the Democrap/MSM duet of lies. We need to stand strong as Conservatives. Stand behind our man and not raise the white flag to a bunch of pissant little dickheads. See, they want you to be pessimistic. They want you and all of us to believe, it's over, we have no chance. All lies. We are ahead and we will win.

What do a bunch of pissant little dickheads call you?

Beevee
09-29-2012, 08:58 PM

I was?

What I do note is that Republicans use the term propaganda when it suits them and deny that it exists when it doesn't.

Beevee
09-29-2012, 09:01 PM
Certainly you understand the English language.

If the media did its job and reported on the Obama regimes failures and cover ups, the American people would turn against the regime. Congress would likely vote on articles of impeachment. Regardless his poll numbers would be in the tank, where they belong.

Do you include FOX news in your preamble? Or is it acceptable that they don't report the embarrassing news relative to the Mitt and the Republican party?

Akula
09-29-2012, 10:38 PM
I was?

What I do note is that Republicans use the term propaganda when it suits them and deny that it exists when it doesn't.

You deny media bias in favor of obama?

GrassrootsConservative
09-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Do you include FOX news in your preamble? Or is it acceptable that they don't report the embarrassing news relative to the Mitt and the Republican party?

Except you're super wrong. When mitt romney made the 47% comment (The one that was absolutely 100% correct, by the way) that was taped by a mole Liberal, Fox News was running stories about it right along with every other news story they did. They didn't spend several days on it like MSNBC (Mah Supah New Barack Channel) did. They talked about the things Obama did as well, MSNBC did not.

shaarona
09-29-2012, 11:33 PM

My America is getting flushed down the toilet because millions of people felt obliged to elect the first black president to prove they aren't racist. It's pretty shitty, I think I have a right to have a shitty attitude.

That's not why Obama was elected..

He was running against McCain and Palin.

You should be grateful that neither are in office.

Akula
09-29-2012, 11:46 PM

Why is that?
You think we're doing well right now?
You're happy with the way the country has been changed?

obama hates america and american heritage and he hates european culture and heritage...essentially he hates white people and is actively working to destroy the economy and this nation. Look at all his race specific policies.
This is what he meant when he said he wanted to "change" the country.

but young people and naive liberals just HAD to have their "black" president...they wanted to be part of "history".

Be careful what you wish for.

WalterSobchak
09-29-2012, 11:48 PM
Oh good god, Whaaaaaaaaa, The MSM are fucking Mitt and the GOP. Whaaaaaaaaaaaa

In the last 42 years, the GOP has run the executive office for 28 years compared to the DNC's 16 years. And in that time, a Democrat was impeached by the House. Was the media anti GOP back then too you whiny little sissies? Or is this a new thing because it's a black man in office? How long has this so called MSM been going on now exactly?

Either this so called MSM isn't that to powerful and influential, or the GOP has incredible odds against them the last 4 decades. :rollseyes:

WalterSobchak
09-29-2012, 11:49 PM
Why is that?

obama hates america and american heritage and he hates european culture and heritage...essentially he hates white people and is actively working to destroy the economy and this nation. Look at all his race specific policies.

but young people and naive liberals just HAD to have their "black" president...they wanted to be part of "history".

Obviously this must be a huge topic for you and your bretheren at the Klan rallies I'm sure.

GrassrootsConservative
09-29-2012, 11:51 PM

Because then you wouldn't have a free phone?

shaarona
09-30-2012, 12:26 AM
Why is that?

Oh please.. unfounded accusations are beneath you.

shaarona
09-30-2012, 12:27 AM
Because then you wouldn't have a free phone?

There you go making unfounded accusations again. That is a poor basis for civic participation.

Aristophanes
09-30-2012, 01:03 AM
Obviously this must be a huge topic for you and your bretheren at the Klan rallies I'm sure.And race-baiting must be the only topic at the Obamatron shitbag rallies.

Akula
09-30-2012, 01:06 AM
Or is this a new thing because it's a black man in office? How long has this so called MSM been going on now exactly?

Who? obama?
He isn't "black", you know.He's only half "black".Haven't you heard?
Get with the program. Inform yourself.

shaarona
09-30-2012, 01:22 AM
A lot riding on the debate in Denver.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120930/NEWS07/309300258/Stakes-for-Denver-debate-are-mile-high-for-Mitt-Romney

Akula
09-30-2012, 01:23 AM
Oh please.. unfounded accusations are beneath you.

Look at his record and the people he appoints.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/20/obama-praised-supreme-court-affirmative-action-ruling-in-2003-applauded-racial-set-aside-plans/

In a June 25, 2003 interview with the Chicago Defender, an urban newspaper serving the city’s African-American community, President Barack Obama (http://topics.dailycaller.com/politics/obama-administration/barack-obama.htm) praised the U.S. Supreme Court for preserving the practice of affirmative action in U.S. university admissions.

Nine years later, Obama’s Department of Justice filed (http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-08-13/obama-lawyers-urge-high-court-to-back-affirmative-action) an amicus curiae brief with the Supreme Court on Aug. 13, arguing in favor of racial preferences in the admissions department of the University of Texas.

Speaking at Columbia University on Feb. 23, Attorney General Eric Holder said affirmative action may never become obsolete. “The question,” Holder said (http://www.columbiaspectator.com/2012/02/24/holder-talks-financial-crime-affirmative-action-low), “is not when does it end, but when does it begin. … When do people of color truly get the benefits to which they are entitled?”

Of course there's the whole black panther dismissal of charges..

Next, by detaining one of his negro friends when he was caught breaking into a house..albeit his own house..(The cop couldn't have known that at the time.) obama says the police acted "stupidly"..It happened to be a white cop..wouldn't you know...[/i]

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0709/Obama_Cambridge_police_acted_stupidly.html (http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0709/Obama_Cambridge_police_acted_stupidly.html)
After spending most of an hour patiently reiterating his arguments for changing the health insurance system, President Barack Obama turned his press conference sharply toward an iconic moment in American race relations: The arrest of Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. earlier this week by the Cambridge Police.

Gates was arrested for allegedly disorderly conduct -- a charge that was quickly dropped -- after a confrontation with a police officer inside his own home. Though some facts of the case are still in dispute, Obama showed little doubt about who had been wronged.

"I don’t know – not having been there and not seeing all the facts – what role race played in that, but I think it’s fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry; number two that he Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home," Obama said in response to a question from the Chicago Sun-Times's Lynn Sweet.
Gates, Obama allowed, "is a friend, so I may be a little biased here. I don't know all the facts."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124757002481138197.html

WASHINGTON -- Judge Sonia Sotomayor, parrying tough Republican questioning, distanced herself from President Barack Obama's comments about judicial empathy, saying, "We don't apply feelings to facts."

Republicans suggested Judge Sotomayor was changing her views to get through her confirmation hearings. They expressed dissatisfaction with her answers on questions such as what she meant when she suggested a "wise Latina" would make better decisions than a white man.

Then there's race based punishments for whites and negroes...
http://heartland.org/editorial/2012/09/07/obamas-race-based-school-discipline-plan?quicktabs_1=0

In his latest in a steady stream of Executive Orders, President Barack Obama now seeks to scuttle the ideal of equal educational opportunity in favor of race-based equal outcomes mandated by government.

The first goal of his new policy entails disciplining students by racial quota to ensure that blacks are not punished in disproportion to their enrollment numbers, even if individual behaviors warrant it. But equalizing outcomes could come to encompass grades, test scores, graduation rates, merit scholarships, and more.

It is a breathtaking application of statist ideology to education, and it contradicts a theme the president sought to stress early in his administration.

In his heralded back-to-school speeches to American children, Obama emphasized the importance of kids taking responsibility for their own actions.
“Here’s your job,” Obama told elementary and secondary children in 2010. “Showing up to school on time. Paying attention in class. Doing your homework. Studying for exams. Staying out of trouble. That kind of discipline and drive--that kind of hard work--is absolutely essential for success.”

That was then, this is a presidential election year. In place of individual responsibility, Obama’s July 26 Executive Order creates more bureaucracy with something called the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans. Yes, this is an initiative for the sole benefit of black children, without regard to needy children of America’s many other racial or ethnic backgrounds.
On the White House blog, Valerie Jarrett, the ultraliberal senior advisor of the president, contended improving the “educational outcomes of African Americans” would yield such benefits for the country as “increasing college completion rates, employment rates, and the number of African American teachers.”

The Executive Order further asserts, “African Americans lack equal access to highly effective teachers and principals, safe schools, and challenging college-preparatory classes, and they disproportionately experience school discipline.”

What this sets up is a federalized, race-based school disciplinary policy long advocated by education progressives. On July 24, Maryland became the first state to require that sort of racial proportionality in school discipline.

While black children constitute 18 percent of the nation’s K-12 enrollment, they commit offenses leading to 46 percent of suspensions and 39 percent of expulsions. Much evidence suggests this has a lot more to do with poverty and out-of-wedlock births than with teachers and administrators exercising discipline in a discriminatory manner.

So instead of addressing the core problem of the breakup of black families, the Obama regime will treat the symptoms, and further undermine discipline in public schools.
The children who attend schools worst plagued by disorder will find their academic environment worsening under this plan.

How is that going to help African-Americans’ academic achievement?

It is noteworthy that Asians constitute 6 percent of enrollment but are expelled or suspended at just a 1 percent rate. Wouldn’t it be worthy of inquiry to see how stable, two-parent families contribute to those good numbers?
This federalization of policy will result in unequal treatment of children who commit exactly the same transgressions. Some black children could receive a get-out-of-detention-free pass simply to avoid reaching a quota, while students of other colors (including Latinos) would receive stiffer punishments in order to make the numbers come out right.

Akula
09-30-2012, 01:34 AM
Obviously this must be a huge topic for you and your bretheren at the Klan rallies I'm sure.

..and here's the best of your negro "brothers" and their feelings about murdering white people...FAR FAR worse than any defunct, obsolete "klan"

http://nationalblackfootsoldiernetwork.blogspot.com/

Here's some more for your entertainment...
http://www.newnation.org/NNN-Black-on-White.html

Akula
09-30-2012, 01:57 AM
Oh good god, Whaaaaaaaaa, The MSM are fucking Mitt and the GOP. Whaaaaaaaaaaaa

In the last 42 years, the GOP has run the executive office for 28 years compared to the DNC's 16 years. And in that time, a Democrat was impeached by the House. Was the media anti GOP back then too you whiny little sissies? Or is this a new thing because it's a black man in office? How long has this so called MSM been going on now exactly?

Either this so called MSM isn't that to powerful and influential, or the GOP has incredible odds against them the last 4 decades. :rollseyes:

Watch this..or at least read the transcript if you have the attention span.
http://www.aim.org/video/pat-caddell-the-audacity-of-corruption/

You know, when I first started in politics – and for a long time before that – everyone on both sides, Democrats and Republicans, despised the press commonly, because they were SOBs to everybody.

Which is exactly what they should be. They were unrelenting. Whatever the biases were, they were essentially equal-opportunity people. That changed in 1980.
There’s a lot of reasons for it. It changed—an important point in the Dukakis-Bush election, when the press literally was trying to get Dukakis elected by ignoring what was happening in Massachusetts, with a candidate who was running on the platform of “He will do for America what he did for Massachusetts”—while they were on the verge of bankruptcy.

Also the change from evening news emphasis to morning news by the networks is another factor that’s been pointed out to me. Most recently, what I call the nepotism that exists, where people get jobs—they’re married to people who are in the administration, or in politics, whatever.
But the overwhelming bias has become very real and very dangerous. We have a First Amendment for one reason. We have a First Amendment not because the Founding Fathers liked the press—they hated the press—but they believed, as [Thomas] Jefferson said, that in order to have a free country, in order to be a free people, we needed a free press.

This morning, just this morning, Gallup released their latest poll (http://www.gallup.com/poll/157589/distrust-media-hits-new-high.aspx) on the trust, how much trust—the Congressman [Lamar Smith] made reference to an earlier poll—when it comes to reporting the news accurately, fairly, and fully, and it’s the highest in history. For the first time, 60% of the people said they had “Not very much” or “None at all.” Of course there was a partisan break: There were 40% who believed it did, Democrats, 58% believed that it was fair and accurate, Republicans were 26%, Independents were 31%. So there is this contempt for the media – or this belief—and there are many other polls that show it as well. I want to just use a few examples, because I think we crossed the line the last few weeks that is terrifying.
A few weeks ago I wrote a piece which was called “The Audacity of Cronyism (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/09/08/The-Audacity-of-Cronyism-Jarrett-Plouffe-Donilon)” in Breitbart, and my talk today is “The Audacity of Corruption.” What I pointed out was, that it was appalling that Valerie Jarrett had a Secret Service detail. A staff member in the White House who is a senior aide and has a full Secret Service detail, even while on vacation, and nobody in the press had asked why. That has become more poignant, as I said, last week, when we discovered that we had an American ambassador, on the anniversary of 9/11, who was without adequate security—while she still has a Secret Service detail assigned to her full-time, at a massive cost, and no one in the media has gone to ask why.
The same thing: I raised the question of David Plouffe. David Plouffe, who is the White House’s Senior Advisor—and was Obama’s campaign manager last time, he and [David] Axelrod sort of switched out, Axelrod going back to Chicago for the campaign—and just after it was announced that he was coming, an Iranian front group in Nigeria gave him $100,000 to give two speeches in Nigeria. Now, let me tell you: There’s nobody that hands—no stranger gives you $100,000 and doesn’t expect something in return, unless you live in a world that I don’t. And no one has raised this in the mainstream media. He was on with George Stephanopoulos, on ABC, a couple of weeks ago, and they were going through all these questions. No one asked him whatsoever about that. He was not inquired.

Peter Schweizer has done a study talking about corruption. 60%, or 80% (http://blog.heritage.org/2011/11/14/report-80-of-doe-green-energy-loans-went-to-obama-backers/)—it’s closer to 80% I think, now—of the money given under the stimulus to green energy projects—the President and this administration’s great project—has gone to people who are either bundlers or major contributors to Barack Obama. But nobody says a word. Of course Republicans don’t raise it because in Washington, they simply want to do it when they get back in power. And, of course, the press doesn’t because they basically have taken themselves out of doing their job.
When we see what happened this week in Libya—and when I said I was more frightened than I’ve ever been, this is true, because I think it’s one thing that, as they did in 2008, when the mainstream press, the mainstream media and all the press, jumped on the Obama bandwagon and made it a moral commitment on their part to help him get elected in a way that has never happened, whatever the biases in the past.

But I want to talk about this Libyan thing, because we crossed some lines here. It’s not about politics. First of all we’ve had nine day of lies over what happened because they can’t dare say it’s a terrorist attack, and the press won’t push this. Yesterday there was not a single piece in The New York Times over the question of Libya. Twenty American embassies, yesterday, were under attack. None of that is on the national news. None of it is being pressed in the papers. If a President of either party—I don’t care whether it was Jimmy Carter or Bill Clinton or George Bush or Ronald Reagan or George H. W. Bush—had a terrorist incident, and got on an airplane after saying something, and flown off to a fundraiser in Las Vegas, they would have been crucified! It would have been—it should have been the equivalent, for Barack Obama, of George Bush’s “flying over Katrina” moment. But nothing was said at all, and nothing will be said.
It is one thing to bias the news, or have a biased view. It is another thing to specifically decide that you will not tell the American people information they have a right to know, and I choose right now, openly, and this is—if I had more time I’d do all the names for it—but The New York Times, The Washington Post, or the most important papers that influence the networks, ABC, NBC, and, to a lesser extent—because CBS has actually been on this story, partly because the President of Libya appeared on [Bob Schieffer’s Face the Nation] and said, on Sunday, while [U.S. Ambassador to the U.N.] Susan Rice was out—the U.N. Ambassador has no portfolio on this matter—lying, said of the Secretary—you know why, notice the Secretary of State wasn’t out there doing this—was on national television, lying and promoting the White House line while the Libyan President, the very same moment, is saying “This is a premeditated attack.” Nobody has asked that question. This morning—take a look at The New York Times this morning, it’s a minor reference. Oh, now we’ve decided that it was a terrorist incident. But this is—that would have changed, that should change the politics.

Beevee
09-30-2012, 06:59 AM
You deny media bias in favor of obama?

You claim FOX favours him?

birddog
09-30-2012, 07:31 AM

I believe MSM was intended, but actually Fox News is too lenient on Obama. Hannity does the best job, but the rest are afraid to talk about how much of a lying scumbucket Obama is!

Akula
09-30-2012, 07:36 AM

I "claim" you're dodging and playing word games because you know you don't want to answer that question.

Carygrant
09-30-2012, 11:29 AM
What is so frightening is that Reps publicly refuse point blank to see that politically Mutant is not fit for political purpose .
Goldman Sachs have miscalculated and for once money can' t buy you love .
The gross error of good judgement by the Extremists here condemns them out of their own mouths . Mutant has morphed into , Mustnot .

hanger4
09-30-2012, 12:18 PM
What is so frightening is that Reps publicly refuse point blank to see that politically Mutant is not fit for political purpose .

You mean Repubs refuse to agree with your political opinion ??

Who'd a frickin' thunk !!

Carygrant
09-30-2012, 12:32 PM
You mean Repubs refuse to agree with your political opinion ??

Who'd a frickin' thunk !!

Don't worry . I can see how difficult it is for you to accept that outsiders have a better grasp of what is going on .
Can't tell the wood for the trees , is a phrase to ponder .

Akula
09-30-2012, 12:34 PM
Don't worry . I can see how difficult it is for you to accept that outsiders have a better grasp of what is going on .

What is it that gives you the impression that you know more about a place you've never been to than the people who actually live there?
It appears to be a mental disorder. Delusional?..superiority complex?

hanger4
09-30-2012, 12:45 PM
Can't tell the wood for the trees , is a phrase to ponder .

Sweety-pie, just because you claim to be an out-sider sure as h#ll don't meen you know what your talking about.

And come to think of it most every post you make is devoid of any kind of substantive thought, it's all pointless platitudes.

bladimz
10-01-2012, 04:39 PM

but young people and naive liberals just HAD to have their "black" president...they wanted to be part of "history".Oops!
You're true colors are showing.

Akula
10-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Oops!

Oh, really? What are my "true colors"? Explain what you mean.

Point out what isn't correct about my post?

bladimz
10-02-2012, 11:08 AM

I guess i should ask you what's factual about your post, since you're the one that posted it. It might be your opinion; that's doesn't make it fact, does it.

GrassrootsConservative
10-02-2012, 11:13 AM
I guess i should ask you what's factual about your post, since you're the one that posted it. It might be your opinion; that's doesn't make it fact, does it.

Facts about his post: Obama hates America, hates European culture. Hates white people, actively trying to destroy this nation and its economy.

Here's a tip about the English language, blad, since you seem to be having problems. Opinions are things that cannot be proven true or false, facts can. Just because you disagree with some things he said doesn't make them not facts.
If you said you think Obama is doing this country a lot of good, that would be an opinion.
If you said unemployment is only falling due to people in this country ceasing to attempt to become employed, that would be a fact.

Akula
10-02-2012, 06:24 PM

Why don't you explain that statement? What are you trying to say? Come on. Don't dodge.

GrassrootsConservative
10-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Why don't you explain that statement? What are you trying to say? Come on. Don't dodge.

He's saying "you are true colors are showing." Doesn't make sense, but that's what it says.

Akula
10-02-2012, 06:54 PM
He's saying "you are true colors are showing." Doesn't make sense, but that's what it says.

I want to know what he's implying.

bladimz
10-03-2012, 12:37 PM
First, i must apologize for my grammatical error. This is unacceptable. But what i mean is that your statement (albeit mostly satirical) is exactly what the phrase implies: you've revealed exactly how you feel about your president. Am i wrong? Did i offend? I hope not.

Akula
10-03-2012, 12:42 PM
First, i must apologize for my grammatical error. This is unacceptable. But what i mean is that your statement (albeit mostly satirical) is exactly what the phrase implies: you've revealed exactly how you feel about your president. Am i wrong? Did i offend? I hope not.

Oh, hell.. I don't even remember what we were talking about now. It doesn't matter.

bladimz
10-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Facts about his post: Obama hates America, hates European culture. Hates white people, actively trying to destroy this nation and its economy.

Here's a tip about the English language, blad, since you seem to be having problems. Opinions are things that cannot be proven true or false, facts can. Just because you disagree with some things he said doesn't make them not facts.
If you said you think Obama is doing this country a lot of good, that would be an opinion.
If you said unemployment is only falling due to people in this country ceasing to attempt to become employed, that would be a fact.Here's really how it works: "Obama hates America, hates European culture. Hates white people, actively trying to destroy this nation and its economy." is purely an opinion held by Akula (among others). This is not factual information, nor is it based on any facts. It may be something you strongly believe and hold near and dear to your heart, but that, sadly for you, doesn't make it fact. Here's an example:

Fact: Mitt Romney is the Republican nominee for the 2012 Presidential election.
Opinion: Mitt Romney is really a swell guy.

Akula
10-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Here's really how it works: "Obama hates America, hates European culture. Hates white people, actively trying to destroy this nation and its economy." is purely an opinion held by Akula (among others). This is not factual information, nor is it based on any facts. It may be something you strongly believe and hold near and dear to your heart, but that, sadly for you, doesn't make it fact. Here's an example:

Fact: Mitt Romney is the Republican nominee for the 2012 Presidential election.
Opinion: Mitt Romney is really a swell guy.

Well, I based my opinion on the type of people who have influenced him, his actions to date, the people he associates with and the people he has appointed.
There are tendencies and indicators that lead me to that opinion.
Once is an accident
Twice is a coincidence
Three times is evidence
One can say "I love america" and behind the scenes work to destroy the traditions that make america..america...Don't listen to what they say. Watch what they do.

Deadwood
10-03-2012, 06:21 PM
I always thought that the Associated Press was an acceptable news source. Is it not?

It used to be. But how many people use it as their primary source?

In today's market it's all about the headline or the crawl across at the bottom of the page.

Used to be that Time could be relied on to take a left of center stance while US News and World Report was right of center. Who reads either?

In a world of instant gratification, instant messaging is king. 140 character twitters are popular because they are 140 characters.....

And that, my fine friend, is why we are faced with choosing between two dopes.

Deadwood
10-03-2012, 06:25 PM

Whoa...there my obese bullying friend.

It is a quantum leap of logic to go from the point made to the fucking Klan.

Let's try to keep things in perspective, shall we?

bladimz
10-04-2012, 10:39 AM
It used to be. But how many people use it as their primary source?

In today's market it's all about the headline or the crawl across at the bottom of the page.

Used to be that Time could be relied on to take a left of center stance while US News and World Report was right of center. Who reads either?

In a world of instant gratification, instant messaging is king. 140 character twitters are popular because they are 140 characters.....

And that, my fine friend, is why we are faced with choosing between two dopes.
Well, you know, i thought about it awhile ago; about all the on-line "balanced" rags, and decided to add AP to my reading list to see where it stands. I haven't used it often enough to form an opinion yet.