PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland ~ Massive Gun Rally ?

exotix
07-17-2016, 03:44 PM
Today

Well sort of ... http://s9.tinypic.com/20grgk_th.jpg (http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=20grgk&s=9)

Cleveland Gun Rights Rally on RNC Eve Fails to Draw Crowd

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/cleveland-gun-rights-rally-rnc-eve-fails-draw-crowd-n611151

Steve Thacker, 57, a computer engineer, had a Bushmaster Predator rifle with camouflage detailing slung over his shoulder, a .45 caliber handgun strapped to his thigh and ammunition around his waist.

Swarmed by reporters, Thacker joked about the fact that he was the only person to show up with a firearm — even though Ohio's open-carry laws mean anyone can carry a gun in the RNC event zone.

The "rally" organizer, Rich Medlar, said about 35 people had promised to come in a show of support for gun rights.

"They just decided not to show up," he said with a shrug.

Steve Thacker, 57, with his Bushmaster Predator rifle speaks to the media at what was supposed to be a march ahead of the Republican National Convention on July 17, 2016 in Cleveland, Ohio.

http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2016_28/1624606/160717-cleveland-protest-jpo-141p_b5dd18cf4d7f0dfe9804b971832b5f9f.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

zelmo1234
07-17-2016, 03:47 PM
Did he kill anyone?

Ethereal
07-17-2016, 03:55 PM
Did he kill anyone?

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before his rifle comes to life and starts shooting people.

Oboe
07-17-2016, 03:57 PM
I bought the liberal module for mine.

zelmo1234
07-17-2016, 03:58 PM
I'm sure it's only a matter of time before his rifle comes to life and starts shooting people.

I had thought of that, but he appears to have it on a leash. We can only hope that he was able to house break it!

Oboe
07-17-2016, 03:58 PM
Today

Well sort of ... http://s9.tinypic.com/20grgk_th.jpg (http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=20grgk&s=9)

Cleveland Gun Rights Rally on RNC Eve Fails to Draw Crowd

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/cleveland-gun-rights-rally-rnc-eve-fails-draw-crowd-n611151

Steve Thacker, 57, a computer engineer, had a Bushmaster Predator rifle with camouflage detailing slung over his shoulder, a .45 caliber handgun strapped to his thigh and ammunition around his waist.

Swarmed by reporters, Thacker joked about the fact that he was the only person to show up with a firearm — even though Ohio's open-carry laws mean anyone can carry a gun in the RNC event zone.

The "rally" organizer, Rich Medlar, said about 35 people had promised to come in a show of support for gun rights.

"They just decided not to show up," he said with a shrug.

Steve Thacker, 57, with his Bushmaster Predator rifle speaks to the media at what was supposed to be a march ahead of the Republican National Convention on July 17, 2016 in Cleveland, Ohio.

http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2016_28/1624606/160717-cleveland-protest-jpo-141p_b5dd18cf4d7f0dfe9804b971832b5f9f.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

Where was LaPierre?

exotix
07-17-2016, 06:20 PM
*update*

123 Protest permits granted by City of Cleveland for RNC

exotix
07-18-2016, 09:28 AM
Where was LaPierre?Lapierre needs to come out and froth that your 2nd Amendment Rights are getting violated ...

Bo-4
07-18-2016, 10:01 AM
Not to worry - they'll be there today through Thursday en masse.

http://www.williamlynn.net/blog/blog/images/gun-protester.jpg

Mr. Right
07-18-2016, 10:19 AM

I agree with the guy, your tyrants have had their turn.

Standing Wolf
07-18-2016, 10:20 AM
Anyone who has read my posts in gun-related threads is probably aware of my stance on the subject...but I'd like to toss something out here, from the perspective of a pretty much straight-down-the-line 2nd Amendment supporter and gun rights advocate that doesn't get a lot of mention.

While I, personally, don't have a problem with somebody walking down the road with a rifle, or appearing with one at most public events, the reality is that when something bad goes down - as happened in Dallas the other day, for example - any civilian in the crowd with a long gun is instantly going to become a major distraction for the police. If a civilian so armed in Dallas had taken that rifle off his back, perhaps in anticipation of being able to help put down the shooter - if he had, in fact, done anything but get on his face and try to make himself and his weapon invisible - he'd have probably been shot by the police. Fair to say?

Cletus
07-18-2016, 12:27 PM
Anyone who has read my posts in gun-related threads is probably aware of my stance on the subject...but I'd like to toss something out here, from the perspective of a pretty much straight-down-the-line 2nd Amendment supporter and gun rights advocate that doesn't get a lot of mention.

While I, personally, don't have a problem with somebody walking down the road with a rifle, or appearing with one at most public events, the reality is that when something bad goes down - as happened in Dallas the other day, for example - any civilian in the crowd with a long gun is instantly going to become a major distraction for the police. If a civilian so armed in Dallas had taken that rifle off his back, perhaps in anticipation of being able to help put down the shooter - if he had, in fact, done anything but get on his face and try to make himself and his weapon invisible - he'd have probably been shot by the police. Fair to say?

That means the cops need to get better. If they can't identify a threat, they need to find a new line of work.

Here's a hint for them... the bad guy is the one shooting at you.

Truth Detector
07-18-2016, 12:32 PM

As an ardent believer in the second amendment, I think it is stupid to open carry. I agree with your assessment. Open carry reminds me of Obama with his get in your face kind of rhetoric. It is for people who want to shove it in your face.

That said, I believe in a person's right to do stupid things....and suffer those consequences. Had anyone carrying been shot by accident, I would not be protesting their death.

Truth Detector
07-18-2016, 12:33 PM
That means the cops need to get better. If they can't identify a threat, they need to find a new line of work.

....which is why no one but the bad guy was shot in this instance right? It kind of defeats the leftist claims that cops won't be able to tell the difference.

Cletus
07-18-2016, 01:06 PM
As an ardent believer in the second amendment, I think it is stupid to open carry. I agree with your assessment. Open carry reminds me of Obama with his get in your face kind of rhetoric. It is for people who want to shove it in your face.

That said, I believe in a person's right to do stupid things....and suffer those consequences. Had anyone carrying been shot by accident, I would not be protesting their death.

I agree with you. I carry a gun 18 - 20 hours a day. Most people I encounter never know it and that is fine with me. I would prefer that no one ever see it until it is in my hand, ready to use.

Cletus
07-18-2016, 01:06 PM
....which is why no one but the bad guy was shot in this instance right? It kind of defeats the leftist claims that cops won't be able to tell the difference.

It does.

Standing Wolf
07-18-2016, 01:59 PM

Okay. Let's say you're in the crowd with a rifle, someone starts shooting at the cops and you see who you believe is doing it and take aim at that person or persons. The cop looks up and sees you aiming a gun at someone, getting ready to shoot. I honestly don't know how getting "better" is ever going to enable a cop to be able to instantly identify which armed civilians are up to no good, in a situation like that, and which ones are trying to help.

Cletus
07-18-2016, 02:03 PM
It is up to him to identify the threat. If he is not certain, he shouldn't shoot.

Standing Wolf
07-18-2016, 02:06 PM
It is up to him to identify the threat. If he is not certain, he shouldn't shoot.

He sees you aiming a rifle at another civilian. Doesn't that make you a threat?

Bo-4
07-18-2016, 02:17 PM
I agree with you. I carry a gun 18 - 20 hours a day. Most people I encounter never know it and that is fine with me. I would prefer that no one ever see it until it is in my hand, ready to use.

18-20 hours a day? LoL

Shower with it too do ya? :D

MisterVeritis
07-18-2016, 02:20 PM
Or one second after.

Cletus
07-18-2016, 02:31 PM
18-20 hours a day? LoL

Shower with it too do ya? :D

18 to 20 hours a day. My business keeps me on call around the clock. I average 4 to 5 hours sleep a night. When I get dressed in the morning, my pistol is a standard article of clothing and it doesn't come off until I am done for the night.

Mini Me
07-18-2016, 04:04 PM
I had thought of that, but he appears to have it on a leash. We can only hope that he was able to house break it!

This dude has all the brains of a pissant!

That's the last thing they need there is a gun rally!!!!

Mini Me
07-18-2016, 04:07 PM

They can water their tree of liberty allright, but do it with someone elses blood!
And not mine!

Mr. Right
07-26-2016, 08:01 PM
18 to 20 hours a day. My business keeps me on call around the clock. I average 4 to 5 hours sleep a night. When I get dressed in the morning, my pistol is a standard article of clothing and it doesn't come off until I am done for the night.

I'm sorry you had to address that fool. I carry as well. I'll be damned if I'll be a victim of his "boyz". I've taught my wife and children as well as many nieces and nephews to shoot. We'll not be victims.

Cletus
07-26-2016, 08:36 PM
Bo is just one of those guys who thinks he knows more than does about firearms issues.

I am still waiting for him to tell me about the "advanced training" program he attended with his G-17.