PDA

View Full Version : Hillary has no one to blame but herself

Peter1469
07-18-2016, 02:41 PM
Hillary has no one to blame but herself (http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/07/hillarys-fault/491387/)

Given Hillary's experience, Trump's lack of experience and his approval ratings, one would like Hillary would be at least 20 points ahead. But she isn't.

If Donald Trump becomes president, the world will have Hillary Clinton to blame.

On the day her campaign released a ad that makes a brutal and effective case against a Trump presidency—“Our children are watching”—a New York Times poll (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/15/us/politics/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-poll.html?_r=0) revealed the cost of her squandered credibility.

Clinton and Trump are tied nationally, each supported by 40 percent of voters, in a survey taken after FBI director James Comey undercut Clinton’s shifting and deceptive explanations of her email practices at the State Department. A month ago, she held a six-point lead in the same poll.

While this is just one poll, virtually all statewide and national surveys suggest the race is tightening despite a number of factors weighted in Clinton’s favor. These include:

The nation’s new demography favors Democratic presidential candidates. (President Obama’s coalition of young, minority, and well-educated voters is still ascendant.)
The Electoral College favors Democratic candidates. (Eighteen states and the District of Columbia have voted for the Democratic presidential candidate in each of the most recent six presidential elections, from 1992 through 2012. Together, they represent 242 electoral votes.)
Clinton is a former senator, secretary of state, and first lady who is arguably more prepared, in terms of experience, than any non-incumbent presidential candidate ever.
Clinton is outspending Trump 40-1 on advertising in states that will determine who wins the campaign.
Clinton is running against Trump. That’s her biggest advantage. The celebrity billionaire has no political experience, no foreign-policy experience, and no more than a superficial interest or understanding in public policy. He is also—to put it kindly—temperamentally challenged.

Mark III
07-18-2016, 02:55 PM
Hillary Clinton has made some mistakes, but she has also been the victim of vicious right wing attacks that exaggerate and in some cases fabricate her supposed wrongdoings.

Donald Trump is not going to be elected president. All the Democrats have to do is keep attacking Trump - and he will blow his cool and say incredibly stupid things. It is entirely a question of when and not if.

Slate has an article today listing 141 reasons Trump is not qualified to be president. While a few are somewhat minor in nature, dozens of them are serious and profound flaws in character, knowledge and ability to lead the country. No one can survive the type of onslaught of facts that will be leveled against Trump in the coming months.

The only thing that could possibly keep it close or god forbid let trump win is if the national media fails to do it's job and insists on trying to "normalize" this assshole. So far the media has been weak as regards confronting Trump on all his lies and his absurd behavior, but I am taking the leap of faith that the media will come to it's senses after the conventions.

Cigar
07-18-2016, 03:26 PM
Hillary has no one to blame but herself (http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/07/hillarys-fault/491387/)

Given Hillary's experience, Trump's lack of experience and his approval ratings, one would like Hillary would be at least 20 points ahead. But she isn't.

The Score only counts at the final Buzzer ... we still have July, August, September and October ... relax.

stjames1_53
07-18-2016, 03:28 PM
how could you possibly vote for a person, running for president, who openly admits she was stupid and careless with her home-brewed server?
We already know she's stupidly handled top secret information, hell she admits it.....
What happened to that 6 billion dollars that went missing from the State Dept. account during her tenure? Careless, again?
So, she's a thief and stupid.......

Peter1469
07-18-2016, 03:30 PM
Hillary Clinton has made some mistakes, but she has also been the victim of vicious right wing attacks that exaggerate and in some cases fabricate her supposed wrongdoings.

Donald Trump is not going to be elected president. All the Democrats have to do is keep attacking Trump - and he will blow his cool and say incredibly stupid things. It is entirely a question of when and not if.

Slate has an article today listing 141 reasons Trump is not qualified to be president. While a few are somewhat minor in nature, dozens of them are serious and profound flaws in character, knowledge and ability to lead the country. No one can survive the type of onslaught of facts that will be leveled against Trump in the coming months.

The only thing that could possibly keep it close or god forbid let trump win is if the national media fails to do it's job and insists on trying to "normalize" this assshole. So far the media has been weak as regards confronting Trump on all his lies and his absurd behavior, but I am taking the leap of faith that the media will come to it's senses after the conventions.

The national media is in the tank for Hillary.

Peter1469
07-18-2016, 03:31 PM
how could you possibly vote for a person, running for president, who openly admits she was stupid and careless with her home-brewed server?
We already know she's stupidly handled top secret information, hell she admits it.....
What happened to that 6 billion dollars that went missing from the State Dept. account during her tenure? Careless, again?
So, she's a thief and stupid.......

The FBI Director tore her apart.

JDubya
07-18-2016, 06:56 PM

http://i65.tinypic.com/34rc3sj.jpg

:wave:

JDubya
07-18-2016, 06:57 PM
The FBI Director tore her apart.

No he didn't.

That's just the usual right-wing spin.

zelmo1234
07-18-2016, 07:09 PM

but he has 2 things going for him.

He does not have a political record that is 100% failures

And he is not a Felon.

She is so Crooked and dishonest that I can't imagine anyone wanting to vote for her. And we know exactly what she is gong ot do as President, and each and everyone of those polices have failed.

Peter1469
07-19-2016, 05:06 AM
No he didn't.

That's just the usual right-wing spin.

Will they play the Director's statement at the DNC?

Peter1469
07-19-2016, 05:08 AM
Hillary tells the truth:

On March 10, 2015, hours before Clinton was to conduct a news conference at the United Nations to explain why she stashed her government emails on a secret server, I wrote a column titled “Hillary’s Choice.” (http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/03/hillarys-choice/460770/)* (http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/07/hillarys-fault/491387/#Correction1) It imagined her making “the right choice” and coming clean at the event.

Clinton strides confidently into the room trailed by aides carrying an email server once registered to her home. "President Obama gave me the honor to serve the American people as secretary of State," she says. "While serving in that office, I wrote and received thousands of emails. These emails belong to the American public, not to me. I am turning them over to the State Department—all of them."
Photographers inch closer to Clinton, their cameras whirring and flashing. "I recommend that a ruthlessly independent entity be selected to review the email to determine which ones are private, which ones should immediately be made public, and which ones fall under public-archive rules. My actions have damaged the public's trust in the integrity of my email cache. I'll take whatever steps are necessary to earn back that trust."
… [S]he smiles, nods at the cameras. "I think this is a bit overblown. But let's be honest: There would be no controversy had I made a different set of choices. My political enemies are attacking, but I'm the fool who gave them the opening," she chuckles. "The ends do not justify the means. Any questions?"
Reporters ask a few forgettable questions. Columnists praise her decision. Editors declare the controversy over. Republicans pout.
Of course, that’s not how the news conference played out. Instead, she chose to stonewall and lie, gambling that—as a close friend and adviser told me (http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/09/hillary-clinton-come-clean-or-get-out/461310/) later that spring—it doesn’t matter whether a politician is trusted.

Clinton lost the bet. The number of Americans who say they trust her steadily declined and hit a low point with the today’s New York Times poll. Sixty-seven percent of voters said she is not honest and trustworthy, more than the 62 percent who said the same of Trump. Just 28 percent of voters said they had a positive view of Clinton, according to the Times, compared with 33 percent last month.

Oboe
07-19-2016, 06:10 AM

Smoke spin lie deflect...fail.

stjames1_53
07-19-2016, 06:38 AM

she takes money from Wall Street, she claims to hate "big money"
she absconded with 6 billion dollars from the State Dept.
Bill was a wh*re in the WH, she supported a rapist by referring to the victim as a wh*re while practicing law.....now she claims to be "for" women's Rights?
They damned near cleaned out the WH on the way out..china, silverware,paintings, furnishings, etc......
she charges her own campaign for speaking at her own meetings through the Clipt-us Foundation....
"We're were so broke when we left the WH..."
"I landed under sniper fire....."
Benghazi was the result of a video....then publically called the wife of one dead man a liar, not once, but three times
"I will keep and further all of Obama's policies"
I think we've had enough of Obama.....we don't need an Obama clone...........

Truth Detector
07-19-2016, 07:25 AM
Hillary Clinton has made some mistakes,

Wow; has made some mistakes?? Nothing this idiot did was a mistake; it was the result of her complete and utter lack of transparency, propensity to lie and gross incompetence. :rofl:

but she has also been the victim of vicious right wing attacks that exaggerate and in some cases fabricate her supposed wrongdoings.

Yeah; poor little Hillary. Why she never viciously attacks anyone right? Only if you are brain dead or live in a catatonic state. Good lord, what parallel universe do you liberals live in??? None of her wrong doings were exaggerated. Her incompetence is obvious. Her corrupt politics are there for everyone to see. Her leftist bent and desperate pandering only work if you have an IQ of 5.

Donald Trump is not going to be elected president.

I think you are in for a massive shock come November. A vast majority in this country are sick and tired of ALL politicians. Trump represents the anti-politician they are looking for.

Truth Detector
07-19-2016, 07:26 AM
The Score only counts at the final Buzzer ... we still have July, August, September and October ... relax.

...AND, it can only get worse for her. ;)

Green Arrow
07-19-2016, 07:38 AM
I would argue that Democratic Party voters are to blame.

Tahuyaman
07-19-2016, 10:06 AM

Name one exaggeration.

This ought to be quite funny.

Tahuyaman
07-19-2016, 10:27 AM
I can show without any exaggeration at all why neither one of these two major party candidates should be our next president.