PDA

View Full Version : tPF Trump's Convention...Pretty Great So Far

Green Arrow
07-18-2016, 08:13 PM
I don't like Trump, but I gotta hand it to him...so far, he's put together a politically brilliant convention. It's a solid strategy and he pretty brilliantly drew the Clinton campaign into a trap.

Cigar
07-18-2016, 08:15 PM
:grin: Enjoying it myself

silvereyes
07-18-2016, 09:31 PM
Do we need 3 threads about it? Now i have to try to read all 3. ;)

Green Arrow
07-18-2016, 09:32 PM

Stick to mine, it's probably the more intelligent of the group :tongue:

JDubya
07-18-2016, 09:40 PM

No thanks.

Don't need another Hillary bashing thread disguised as a fawning over Trump thread.

silvereyes
07-18-2016, 09:43 PM

At least you dont resort to calling Hil stupid, immature names.

Hal Jordan
07-18-2016, 09:55 PM
No thanks.

Don't need another Hillary bashing thread disguised as a fawning over Trump thread.

If that's not what you want, you should stick to his threads too.

Cigar
07-18-2016, 09:57 PM

Come on let them have a couple days of Excitement before Hillary Drops Da-Boom on them :grin:

Green Arrow
07-18-2016, 10:04 PM
Seriously though, Trump's convention strategy is brilliant. The first night addresses exactly what is most prominently on Americans' minds right now: national security. The theme is "Make America Safe Again," which is both catchy and modeled after Trump's overall campaign slogan, Make America Great Again. He trots out the mother of one of the Benghazi victims and the two guys that wrote the 13 Hours book to tell a very emotional story about Benghazi and tore Hillary a new one. Then he brings out the father and sister of a slain border patrol agent, the mother of a slain cop, and the father and mother of two slain citizens to tell emotional stories about illegal immigrants and the crimes they allegedly commit.

The emotionalism is stark and motivating, if you're easy to sway by emotion. And the Democrats are giving it even more publicity with their "counter convention." Bait, set, match.

Tahuyaman
07-18-2016, 10:56 PM
Trump's wife seems to be a fairly intelligent woman. Smart and easy to look at. Ok....

Bethere
07-19-2016, 01:14 AM
I enjoyed her speech better the first time I heard it in 2008.

Bethere
07-19-2016, 01:17 AM
Seriously though, Trump's convention strategy is brilliant. The first night addresses exactly what is most prominently on Americans' minds right now: national security. The theme is "Make America Safe Again," which is both catchy and modeled after Trump's overall campaign slogan, Make America Great Again. He trots out the mother of one of the Benghazi victims and the two guys that wrote the 13 Hours book to tell a very emotional story about Benghazi and tore Hillary a new one. Then he brings out the father and sister of a slain border patrol agent, the mother of a slain cop, and the father and mother of two slain citizens to tell emotional stories about illegal immigrants and the crimes they allegedly commit.

The emotionalism is stark and motivating, if you're easy to sway by emotion. And the Democrats are giving it even more publicity with their "counter convention." Bait, set, match.

Kind of true, but we will talk instead of plagiarism, low staffing levels, and bad campaign management.

Community organizing is harder than it looks.

Safety
07-19-2016, 04:43 AM

That comment seems to have been overlooked. Nothing screams flattery like plagiarizing the speech from a first lady, in which your husband tried so hard to take down.

Peter1469
07-19-2016, 04:44 AM
They hit on the topics Americans want to hear about, national security, rule of law. The DNC won't cover either much when they hold their convention.

donttread
07-19-2016, 06:53 AM

That is exactly what politics is, one big dog and pony show. The concern over "national security" will be used by both supposed parties to infringe our rights and make constant war. In other words get ready for Bushbama 2.0

Adelaide
07-19-2016, 07:25 AM
http://gawker.com/melania-trump-apparently-plagiarized-a-section-of-miche-1783889522?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_facebook &utm_source=gawker_facebook&utm_medium=socialfl ow

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/19/politics/melania-trump-michelle-obama-speech/index.html?sr=fbCNN071916melania-trump-michelle-obama-speech0122PMVODtop

Literally almost word for word what Obama's speech was.

If it was an accident, how did no one on their staff catch it?

Chris
07-19-2016, 08:00 AM
http://gawker.com/melania-trump-apparently-plagiarized-a-section-of-miche-1783889522?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_facebook&utm_source=gawker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/19/politics/melania-trump-michelle-obama-speech/index.html?sr=fbCNN071916melania-trump-michelle-obama-speech0122PMVODtop

Literally almost word for word what Obama's speech was.

If it was an accident, how did no one on their staff catch it?

Was it planted deliberately? It was a wonderful speech and the media needs something to attack.

Cigar
07-19-2016, 08:03 AM
So who is the liar now?The Trump campaign is flat out lying about this speech.

Green Arrow
07-19-2016, 08:04 AM
Was it planted deliberately? It was a wonderful speech and the media needs something to attack.

As far as I know intent doesn't matter with plagiarism.

Regardless, plagiarism isn't the topic. Please stay on topic.

Oboe
07-19-2016, 08:05 AM
At least you dont resort to calling Hil stupid, immature names.

Everyone already knows what a lying skank ho she is. Why repeat it?

Green Arrow
07-19-2016, 08:06 AM
Everyone already knows what a lying skank ho she is. Why repeat it?

Keep your tone civil.

Chris
07-19-2016, 08:08 AM
So who is the liar now?The Trump campaign is flat out lying about this speech.

That's exactly what the media is trying to do. Last night's theme was partially Clinton's lying, so now the media tries to change the topic to Melenia. It was pathetic on CNN this morning.

Oboe
07-19-2016, 08:09 AM
Keep your tone civil.

I just call it like it is. You want civil? Then you reign in these trashy liberals that all they do is insult people.

del
07-19-2016, 08:23 AM
That's exactly what the media is trying to do. Last night's theme was partially Clinton's lying, so now the media tries to change the topic to Melenia. It was pathetic on CNN this morning.

yes, it's pathetic to make people accountable for their actions

lol

Common
07-19-2016, 08:29 AM

lol

When are you going to be accountable for you never ending trolling and thread disruptions honey

Truth Detector
07-19-2016, 08:29 AM
I don't like Trump, but I gotta hand it to him...so far, he's put together a politically brilliant convention. It's a solid strategy and he pretty brilliantly drew the Clinton campaign into a trap.

I would agree; but he isn't the organizer. Great first day.

Truth Detector
07-19-2016, 08:30 AM
No thanks.

Yeah; the Trump bashing threads have way more substance. :rofl:

The hypocrisy on the left is stunning.

Green Arrow
07-19-2016, 08:31 AM
I would agree; but he isn't the organizer. Great first day.

His campaign organized it. They decide who speaks and in what slot, and the theme.

del
07-19-2016, 08:42 AM
When are you going to be accountable for you never ending trolling and thread disruptions honey

every day

i know it's a challenge, but try not to be stupid.

Chloe
07-19-2016, 09:10 AM

I wouldn't describe it as brilliant, it's more like striking oil in your backyard while digging for fools gold. The way many of the speakers were talking reminded me of when some of my friends parents would try to be funny or relatable but instead came off as awkward and trite. It was basically just a who's who of minor celebrities and politicians speaking about Clinton and everything except really for the topic of the night, which was making America safe again, with bad music mixed in in-between. Im not sure there really was a strategy from the Trump campaign, there was more of one from the GOP that was noticeable at least, and in my opinion that first day was just a cluster with no rhyme or reason.

Quicksilver
07-19-2016, 09:13 AM
Trump's wife seems to be a fairly intelligent woman. Smart and easy to look at. Ok....

Not to mention looking "orgasm eminent" at all times.

Truth Detector
07-19-2016, 09:14 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hanger4
07-19-2016, 09:15 AM
I just call it like it is. You want civil? Then you reign in these trashy liberals that all they do is insult people.

Reigning them in done by ignoring them. All they/trolls are doing is pushing buttons/fishing, don't swallow the hook, you just wallow in the mud with them. Keep it civil.

Truth Detector
07-19-2016, 09:15 AM
Kind of true, but we will talk instead of plagiarism, low staffing levels, and bad campaign management.

Yep; words like "honor", "family" and "love" are exclusive to Moochelle. Damned funny bullschit there. :biglaugh:

Community organizing is harder than it looks.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Truth Detector
07-19-2016, 09:16 AM
That comment seems to have been overlooked. Nothing screams flattery like plagiarizing the speech from a first lady, in which your husband tried so hard to take down.

I see the liberal lemmings have all received their talking points and marching in lock step this morning. So predictable; so pathetic. :biglaugh:

Truth Detector
07-19-2016, 09:16 AM
They hit on the topics Americans want to hear about, national security, rule of law. The DNC won't cover either much when they hold their convention.

^True story.

Truth Detector
07-19-2016, 09:18 AM
As far as I know intent doesn't matter with plagiarism.

Regardless, plagiarism isn't the topic. Please stay on topic.

The leftists of the forum seem to think it is; after all, they were all told what to say. :biglaugh:

Safety
07-19-2016, 09:18 AM
I see the liberal lemmings have all received their talking points and marching in lock step this morning. So predictable; so pathetic. :biglaugh:

You forgot DERP and :rofl:.

Truth Detector
07-19-2016, 09:19 AM
His campaign organized it. They decide who speaks and in what slot, and the theme.

Like I said; Trump doesn't organize.....his staff does that. Giving him the credit is kind of weird. But I am good with it.....just trying to tell it like it is.

Great first day.....and a LOT of unity which the leftist twits in the media didn't think would happen. ;)

Truth Detector
07-19-2016, 09:20 AM
You forgot DERP and :rofl:.

Cry harder. :biglaugh:

Derp does describe the crap you post here perfectly.

Chloe
07-19-2016, 09:23 AM
Like I said; Trump doesn't organize.....his staff does that. Giving him the credit is kind of weird. But I am good with it.....just trying to tell it like it is.

Great first day.....and a LOT of unity which the leftist twits in the media didn't think would happen. ;)

Unity? Didn't a states delegation walk out? Didn't hundreds of people become irate when they were ignored by the gavel? Did all of those people that said they wouldnt attend magically appear?

Safety
07-19-2016, 09:26 AM
Unity? Didn't a states delegation walk out? Didn't hundreds of people become irate when they were ignored by the gavel? Did all of those people that said they would attend magically appear?

Those folks don't count, they were RINOs...

Chloe
07-19-2016, 09:28 AM
Those folks don't count, they were RINOs...

They don't count because they didn't kiss the ring

PolWatch
07-19-2016, 09:31 AM
The actions of both major parties has proved they have little interest in what the general public thinks. Super delegates, refusing to acknowledge those who disagree with the party isn't allowed. The best we can hope for is that it will produce changes in the future because this year is a lost cause. I'm hoping we will see a change in the 2 party election system.

Green Arrow
07-19-2016, 09:49 AM
I wouldn't describe it as brilliant, it's more like striking oil in your backyard while digging for fools gold. The way many of the speakers were talking reminded me of when some of my friends parents would try to be funny or relatable but instead came off as awkward and trite. It was basically just a who's who of minor celebrities and politicians speaking about Clinton and everything except really for the topic of the night, which was making America safe again, with bad music mixed in in-between. Im not sure there really was a strategy from the Trump campaign, there was more of one from the GOP that was noticeable at least, and in my opinion that first day was just a cluster with no rhyme or reason.

I'm looking at it purely from a political strategist standpoint. From that perspective it's pretty great. Nobody cares who the speakers are or the musicians are. What people look for from these conventions is pure, political raw meat, and Trump gave it to them in spades. The DNC decided to do a "counter convention" to refute every "lie" told about Hillary, so they were basically giving free publicity to the convention. Then the speakers come out, families of slain soldiers and cops and just plain old citizens, condemning the policies of the current administration and Hillary Clinton in particular.

All the Democrats can do is either let the criticism slide, find a way to refute it without attacking the speakers, or attack the speakers. Attack the speakers, particularly the emotional speech given by the mother of one of the men killed in Benghazi, and you make yourself look bad.

Adelaide
07-19-2016, 09:52 AM

Truth Detector has been thread banned by the OP.

Green Arrow
07-19-2016, 09:53 AM
They don't count because they didn't kiss the ring

Change up the words a bit and replace the king with Donald Trump/Hillary Clinton and the revolutionaries with those that oppose them and it's a video about this election cycle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZfRaWAtBVg

Tahuyaman
07-19-2016, 10:13 AM
The actions of both major parties has proved they have little interest in what the general public thinks. Super delegates, refusing to acknowledge those who disagree with the party isn't allowed. The best we can hope for is that it will produce changes in the future because this year is a lost cause. I'm hoping we will see a change in the 2 party election system.

I dont think a change is needed in the two party system itself. What's needed is a change in who's running at least one of these two major parties which shows a clear difference in philosophy between the two. Dumb and dumber is not an acceptable choice.

Democrats are who they are. They are an amalgamation of every far left fringe element or perceived victim group in America. The Republicans are trying to mimic that and attempting to be everything to everyone.

zelmo1234
07-19-2016, 10:14 AM

You might want to get some Ice for that shoulder so you don't hurt it patting yourself on the back :)

zelmo1234
07-19-2016, 10:16 AM

All 58 words?

zelmo1234
07-19-2016, 10:21 AM

lol

I am all for it Prosecute her for those 58 words, and Hillary for perjury for lying to congress.

Solves all of our problems I am sure that Trump will be happy to pay her fine.

zelmo1234
07-19-2016, 10:27 AM
Next week the main theme will be Trump is not fit for the office.

After all, what can they really talk about?

The Economy Nope they are in charge and it is in the shitter

The Wars and Middle East. Nope Hillary set the policies in place created ISIS

Race? They can't even talk about this because they are responsible for the race riots.

AZ Jim
07-19-2016, 10:38 AM

The emotionalism is stark and motivating, if you're easy to sway by emotion. And the Democrats are giving it even more publicity with their "counter convention." Bait, set, match.You are easily impressed. Virtually every opinion on the major media talking heads is panning it as a disaster. I watched the beginning where the typical republican "method" stopped any discussion from the anti-Trump delegates.

AZ Jim
07-19-2016, 10:40 AM
Trump's wife seems to be a fairly intelligent woman. Smart and easy to look at. Ok....You could tell that from her teleprompter reading of a speech she had no hand in writing?

Tahuyaman
07-19-2016, 10:53 AM
You could tell that from her teleprompter reading of a speech she had no hand in writing?

No, I've listened to her speak in the past. She seems quite intelligent.

I know guys like you are intimidated by intelligent women. More so if that intelligent woman is also attractive. Maybe that's one reason you are so drawn to Hillary Clinton?

zelmo1234
07-19-2016, 11:27 AM

I know guys like you are intimidated by intelligent women. More so if that intelligent woman is also attractive. Maybe that's one reason you are so drawn to Hillary Clinton?

I wonder if she is smart enough to know that putting classified documents on a private server that does not have the security that a Gmail account has, would be a bad thing?

zelmo1234
07-19-2016, 11:30 AM

Is that not the Truth. They claim the party of Women, but let a Women disagree with the agenda, and see how they feel about them.

MisterVeritis
07-19-2016, 11:35 AM
I began watching the Republican National Convention on Fox News. After they cut away from the speakers to analyze I changed to C-Span where I watched until it closed. Each speaker drew me in. The only one I had difficulty with was LTG Flynn. I believe he was trying too hard. He was yelling when he should have used a loud speaking voice.

But I watched it until it closed.

Subdermal
07-19-2016, 11:56 AM
You are easily impressed. Virtually every opinion on the major media talking heads is panning it as a disaster.

Apparently, you're easily impressed with the opinions of the major media.

I watched the beginning where the typical republican "method" stopped any discussion from the anti-Trump delegates.

And the typical method for anti-Bernie forces is to deny them a permit, and to eliminate his threat with super-delegates.

You got nothing, Emperor.

Tahuyaman
07-19-2016, 01:43 PM
I wonder if she is smart enough to know that putting classified documents on a private server that does not have the security that a Gmail account has, would be a bad thing?

She was smart enough to to know it was illegal and that she needed to lie about it.

Tahuyaman
07-19-2016, 01:47 PM
You are easily impressed. Virtually every opinion on the major media talking heads is panning it as a disaster. I watched the beginning where the typical republican "method" stopped any discussion from the anti-Trump delegates.

Of course the pundits in the media are calling it a disaster. That narrative was written before she uttered a word. By the end of the convention they will be portraying her as the combination of Marge Schott and
Leona Helmsley.

Tahuyaman
07-19-2016, 01:48 PM
Is that not the Truth. They claim the party of Women, but let a Women disagree with the agenda, and see how they feel about them.

They are the party of liberal women who know their place and how to stay there.

Tahuyaman
07-19-2016, 01:51 PM
Apparently, you're easily impressed with the opinions of the major media.
AZ Jim's opinions are spoon fed to him my the mainstream media.

Bethere
07-19-2016, 05:18 PM
All 58 words?

Every single one of them.

I love how the gop champions hard work and personal initiative and then defends stealing someone else's hard work and personal initiative.

Good times!

Green Arrow
07-19-2016, 07:29 PM
You are easily impressed. Virtually every opinion on the major media talking heads is panning it as a disaster. I watched the beginning where the typical republican "method" stopped any discussion from the anti-Trump delegates.

The "major media talking heads" are not neutral in this. What they say is irrelevant to me.