PDA

View Full Version : tPF Warning!

zelmo1234
07-19-2016, 07:33 PM
Now I realize that Mrs. Trumps speech writer should have caught the message and reworded that part. But they didn't

That being Said, If you Parents told you that it was going to take hard work to achieve what you want. If they told you that Your word was you bond and that honesty was important?

You need to turn them in! They clearly Copied Mrs. Obama. Even if they said it before she was born,

Oboe
07-19-2016, 07:40 PM
Who cares what Trumps wife says or thinks? As a detective, you would be a failure.

Chloe
07-19-2016, 07:40 PM
Now I realize that Mrs. Trumps speech writer should have caught the message and reworded that part. But they didn't

That being Said, If you Parents told you that it was going to take hard work to achieve what you want. If they told you that Your word was you bond and that honesty was important?

You need to turn them in! They clearly Copied Mrs. Obama. Even if they said it before she was born,

There was more to it than that and you know it. Please don't be like oboe or cletus.

Safety
07-19-2016, 07:41 PM
It's contagious...

Cletus
07-19-2016, 07:42 PM
There was more to it than that and you know it. Please don't be like oboe or cletus.

You just WANT there to be more to it.

Chris
07-19-2016, 07:42 PM

Why, she probably heard it from her parents, and theirs before. She didn't think it up. It's just the good old fashioned Protestant ethic.

Oboe
07-19-2016, 07:43 PM

OOOOOOHHHHH, it's a conspiracy....

zelmo1234
07-19-2016, 07:44 PM
Who cares what Trumps wife says or thinks? As a detective, you would be a failure.

You did not read the entire post did you?

Oboe
07-19-2016, 07:46 PM
You did not read the entire post did you?

No, and I haven't seen her speech because I don't care. She isn't running for office. It just is not important.

Edit, I actually did read your post, but when you asked if I had I thought I missed a link or something. I read it and feel the same way.

zelmo1234
07-19-2016, 07:48 PM

Was it really that big of a deal. According to the news agencies 58 words are what are in question? Was it something that is that terrible.

Now they handled it totally wrong. What they should have said was, if Mrs. Obama Said that she was right about that too.

Chloe
07-19-2016, 07:49 PM
No, and I haven't seen her speech because I don't care. She isn't running for office. It just is not important.

The Trump campaign wrote and approved a plagiarized speech. I can't wait to see what other works he tries to pass off as his own. This isn't about his wife, it's about the integrity of his campaign and how that will translate to the white house. It's that whole not seeing the forest for the trees thing for you.

Oboe
07-19-2016, 07:49 PM
Was it really that big of a deal. According to the news agencies 58 words are what are in question? Was it something that is that terrible.

Now they handled it totally wrong. What they should have said was, if Mrs. Obama Said that she was right about that too.

These liberals are losing their minds over nothing.

zelmo1234
07-19-2016, 07:50 PM

Edit, I actually did read your post, but when you asked if I had I thought I missed a link or something. I read it and feel the same way.

If you had, you would know I was making fun of the Democrats. but you didn't, So you are kind of acting like them :)

Subdermal
07-19-2016, 07:50 PM

Likewise, don't be like every leftist political hack blabbing about this like it is some sort of unprecedented offense.

Was it as bad as when Joe Biden was forced to drop out of the 1988 Presidential race due to plagiarism? (http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/history_lesson/2008/08/the_write_stuff.html)

Or what if Michelle Obama plagiarized the speech that Melania is accused of plagiarizing? (http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/07/19/melania-trump-plagiarism-hillary-biden-barack-michelle/)

Or Barack himself plagiarized Deval Patrick?

Really.

Oboe
07-19-2016, 07:52 PM
If you had, you would know I was making fun of the Democrats. but you didn't, So you are kind of acting like them :)

Sorry, I'm not sure who everyone is around here. Thanks.

Chloe

58 words would have failed me in school and maybe even investigated for code violations. It would be detrimental to a simple college student but is applauded and ignored when a candidate for leader of the free world does it. Think about that.

Chloe
Likewise, don't be like every leftist political hack blabbing about this like it is some sort of unprecedented offense.

Was it as bad as when Joe Biden was forced to drop out of the 1988 Presidential race due to plagiarism? (http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/history_lesson/2008/08/the_write_stuff.html)

Or what if Michelle Obama plagiarized the speech that Melania is accused of plagiarizing? (http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/07/19/melania-trump-plagiarism-hillary-biden-barack-michelle/)

Or Barack himself plagiarized Deval Patrick?

Really.

If they plagiarized then it's equally wrong

zelmo1234
07-19-2016, 07:55 PM
The Trump campaign wrote and approved a plagiarized speech. I can't wait to see what other works he tries to pass off as his own. This isn't about his wife, it's about the integrity of his campaign and how that will translate to the white house. It's that whole not seeing the forest for the trees thing for you.

Did you know that Laura Bush Talked about hard work and determination too?

YES! it was too close for comfort, but Really? I am so sick of this Bull Shit on Stuff that is not important.

Hell the Valedictorian of our Schools Said the same thing in his speech, did Mrs. Obama steal that from him.

zelmo1234
07-19-2016, 07:56 PM
If they plagiarized then it's equally wrong

Well you make sure the next time you parents tell you that your word should be your bond, you turn them in!

Subdermal
07-19-2016, 07:57 PM

I would like a link.

To where you hand-wrung about the integrity of Obama's campaign when Obama did the same thing.

Chloe
07-19-2016, 07:57 PM
Did you know that Laura Bush Talked about hard work and determination too?

YES! it was too close for comfort, but Really? I am so sick of this Bull Shit on Stuff that is not important.

Hell the Valedictorian of our Schools Said the same thing in his speech, did Mrs. Obama steal that from him.

talking about hard work is one thing but plagiarizing someone else words on hard work is another

zelmo1234
07-19-2016, 07:59 PM
58 words would have failed me in school and maybe even investigated for code violations. It would be detrimental to a simple college student but is applauded and ignored when a candidate for leader of the free world does it. Think about that.

I am guessing that if you were writing a report on your up bringing and you told that that you parents taught you that hard work and determination were the key to success, and that you word was your bond, and that you should treat other people with dignity and respect? NOT one of your professors would even look at it twice.

And Mrs. Trump is not running for President,

Now was it stupid not to check that? Of course it was.

zelmo1234
07-19-2016, 08:00 PM
talking about hard work is one thing but plagiarizing someone else words on hard work is another

Do you really think that they even looked at what Mrs. Obama Said?

Most people have been told that by their parents, and most people would say it just that way. Though Mrs. Trump looked a lot better doing it that Mrs. Obama.

Chris
07-19-2016, 08:02 PM

Plagiarizing is not hard work.

Chloe
I would like a link.

To where you hand-wrung about the integrity of Obama's campaign when Obama did the same thing.

I don't know when he spoke about it to be honest. As for Bidens speech in 1988 that you mentioned above I wasn't born yet.

Chloe
Plagiarizing is not hard work.

control c, control p

Subdermal
07-19-2016, 08:06 PM
I don't know when he spoke about it to be honest. As for Bidens speech in 1988 that you mentioned above I wasn't born yet.

Of course you didn't: you're a product of what the leftist media wants you to know. Obama plagiarized ex Governor Deval Patrick, and the left didn't bat an eye.

And - as I linked above - Michelle's speech (the one Melania appears to have lifted) seems plagiarized itself.

Bethere
07-20-2016, 02:44 AM
Do you really think that they even looked at what Mrs. Obama Said?

Most people have been told that by their parents, and most people would say it just that way. Though Mrs. Trump looked a lot better doing it that Mrs. Obama.

They absolutely went back to see what worked in that situation in the past. They picked out the good ones and studied them.

Anything less would be professional malpractice.

Certainly that is how I vote. Understaffed. Underfunded. The good operatives won't work for him. He reinvents the wheel with varying degrees of success every single day.

Is this the genius the gop would have run our country? He can't even manage a political campaign.

Bethere
07-20-2016, 02:55 AM

Right before her speech, trump entered the arena as a silhouette to we are the champions--right off the record.

Of course the band, queen, told him last year not to use the song or the record for that type of purpose.

Trump is an entitled man. Your stuff is his stuff.

In this case he entered to a stolen song to introduce his wife who gave a stolen speech.

How would this be portrayed if Hillary did it?

I thought those were traits that Republicans despised?

zelmo1234
07-20-2016, 03:31 AM
They absolutely went back to see what worked in that situation in the past. They picked out the good ones and studied them.

Anything less would be professional malpractice.

Certainly that is how I vote. Understaffed. Underfunded. The good operatives won't work for him. He reinvents the wheel with varying degrees of success every single day.

Is this the genius the gop would have run our country? He can't even manage a political campaign.

And yet his opposition is a Women that has never succeeded at anything. She may in fact be the worst Sec. of State that we ever had. Never sponsored a bill that passed in the Senate. Even her Marriage is a total disaster.

So if you think the promise of failure is better than a chance at success? That is up to you. But I know what is not working, and more of the same is just more failure.

zelmo1234
07-20-2016, 03:35 AM
Right before her speech, trump entered the arena as a silhouette to we are the champions--right off the record.

Of course the band, queen, told him last year not to use the song or the record for that type of purpose.

Trump is an entitled man. Your stuff is his stuff.

In this case he entered to a stolen song to introduce his wife who gave a stolen speech.

How would this be portrayed if Hillary did it?

I thought those were traits that Republicans despised?

You and I both know how it would be portrayed if Hillary did it? The press would not even talk about it.

They would have praised her for saying something that every parent has told their children. For goodness sakes, she just got away with Perjury, and Treason! You think that 58 words in a speech would bother the Left

Cigar
07-20-2016, 07:12 AM
it's contagious...

step one: Denial

MisterVeritis
07-20-2016, 07:44 AM
LOL. Nonsense.

MisterVeritis
07-20-2016, 07:48 AM
Mrs Trump's words were very common words used in very common ways.

maineman
07-20-2016, 08:06 AM
fourteen separate phrases... exactly alike... in exactly the same order.... plagiarism. pure and simple. And the tweet from Melania where she plagiarizes Marva Collins is simply priceless!

Quicksilver
07-20-2016, 08:14 AM
fourteen separate phrases... exactly alike... in exactly the same order.... plagiarism. pure and simple. And the tweet from Melania where she plagiarizes Marva Collins is simply priceless!

Not to mention Donnie JUNIOR's speech... that family is a joke.

Subdermal
07-20-2016, 08:30 AM
It would be interesting to see liberals reap what they have sown.

Simply deny it. That's what leftists do. Discourse and decorum been degraded. Biden was forced to exit the 1988 Presidential race, but Obama hasn't been harmed by it.

maineman
07-20-2016, 08:41 AM
the Trump campaign IS denying it. Fourteen phrases... each exactly alike... in exactly the same order.... chances of that happening without plagiarism? 87 Billion to 1.

Classic.

Chloe
07-20-2016, 08:43 AM

im sorry but that's not what plagiarism is or what happened in that speech. Most words or common. The word "word" is common and the word "common" is common. Just because I said those two words doesn't mean that I've plagiarized you just now though. Please don't confuse common words with lifting whole sentences and paragraphs complete with sentence structure and order and passing them off as your own without giving credit. That's what happened. It wasn't just a few commonly shared words.

Chloe
07-20-2016, 08:44 AM
It would be interesting to see liberals reap what they have sown.

Simply deny it. That's what leftists do. Discourse and decorum been degraded. Biden was forced to exit the 1988 Presidential race, but Obama hasn't been harmed by it.

All plagiarism is wrong, unless you have permission to use it from the original author

Chloe
07-20-2016, 08:45 AM
LOL. Nonsense.

Consistency with your integrity is nonsense. Got it.

Cigar
07-20-2016, 08:46 AM

Yep I'm sure you use those exact words, to complete sentences, and phrases all the time.

You guys are goo at convincing yourselves :laugh:

Cigar
07-20-2016, 08:47 AM
the Trump campaign IS denying it. Fourteen phrases... each exactly alike... in exactly the same order.... chances of that happening without plagiarism? 87 Billion to 1.

Classic.

Why can't they just admit it and move on :laugh:

Chris
07-20-2016, 08:54 AM
Why can't they just admit it and move on :laugh:

Because it makes you guys forget about gun control?

Mac-7
07-20-2016, 08:56 AM
im sorry but that's not what plagiarism is or what happened in that speech. Most words or common. The word "word" is common and the word "common" is common. Just because I said those two words doesn't mean that I've plagiarized you just now though. Please don't confuse common words with lifting whole sentences and paragraphs complete with sentence structure and order and passing them off as your own without giving credit. That's what happened. It wasn't just a few commonly shared words.

I concede that someone in the trump campaign lifted parts of michelle obama speeches and put them in the speech melania trump gave.

Liberals have a legimate "Gotcha" but its not such a big a deal as they think it is.

Chloe
07-20-2016, 09:02 AM
I concede that someone in the trump campaign lifted parts of michelle obama speeches and put them in the speech melania trump gave.

Liberals have a legimate "Gotcha" but its not such a big a deal as they think it is.

My main curiosity with all of this is if Trump supporters have the intellectual honesty to admit the mistake and admit that it's been handled poorly by the campaign. I think sometimes people think that unless they blindly follow 100% then they aren't loyal or aren't helping their candidate or party. Sometimes being critical of an action or lie is more helpful to the person you support than accepting their lie. I agree there are much bigger issues but if they are willing to plagiarize and then lie about the plagiarism when just owning it would have made it all go away it does make you wonder what else they will do once in office that they will expect people to blindly believe. It just makes me worry. I can't help feeling that.

Mac-7
07-20-2016, 09:28 AM
My main curiosity with all of this is if Trump supporters have the intellectual honesty to admit the mistake and admit that it's been handled poorly by the campaign. I think sometimes people think that unless they blindly follow 100% then they aren't loyal or aren't helping their candidate or party. Sometimes being critical of an action or lie is more helpful to the person you support than accepting their lie. I agree there are much bigger issues but if they are willing to plagiarize and then lie about the plagiarism when just owning it would have made it all go away it does make you wonder

what else they will do once in office that they will expect people to blindly believe. It just makes me worry. I can't help feeling that.

They will publicly admit no error which is what all adminstrations do.

Its not so much about fooling trump voters as it is not giving their enemies any concessions on the record to use against them.

nathanbforrest45
07-20-2016, 10:00 AM

What more is there to it? Melanie Trump said something Michel Obama said who said something that Barack Obama said who said something that was written by Saul Alinsky. What more is there to it and why are we excoriating Melania Trump over saying what is a basic truth in life?

silvereyes
07-20-2016, 10:09 AM
If i was her id be livid at being made to look like a fool.

Quicksilver
07-20-2016, 10:26 AM
If i was her id be livid at being made to look like a fool.

Trump will probably divorce her now.... she's damaged goods.

Common
07-20-2016, 10:31 AM
Obama plaquerized someones speech TWICE in 2008. No one on the left cared then and defended him mightily even when it was shown definitively he plaguerized it word for word..

Mac-7
07-20-2016, 12:44 PM
Joe biden stole the entire life story of a british politician in 1988 and presentrd it as his own.

Bethere
07-20-2016, 03:01 PM
And yet his opposition is a Women that has never succeeded at anything. She may in fact be the worst Sec. of State that we ever had. Never sponsored a bill that passed in the Senate. Even her Marriage is a total disaster.

So if you think the promise of failure is better than a chance at success? That is up to you. But I know what is not working, and more of the same is just more failure.
Her marriage is a disaster?

She is still married to her first husband.

You must be confusing her with trump who is on his third failed marriage.

Way to project.

Mac-7
07-20-2016, 03:20 PM
Her marriage is a disaster?

She is still married to her first husband.

You must be confusing her with trump who is on his third failed marriage.

Way to project.

Two failed marriages.

He's still married to the third wife

Cigar
07-20-2016, 03:24 PM
Obama plaquerized someones speech TWICE in 2008. No one on the left cared then and defended him mightily even when it was shown definitively he plaguerized it word for word..

What's plaquerized ?

Cigar
07-20-2016, 03:24 PM
Two failed marriages.

... he's learning

maineman
07-20-2016, 03:30 PM
What's plaquerized ?

I think it's when you stick plaques all over something.

I still don't know why one would do such a thing, however.

del
07-20-2016, 03:32 PM
... he's learning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ-w_IKGRFM

silvereyes
07-20-2016, 05:01 PM
I think it's when you stick plaques all over something.

I still don't know why one would do such a thing, however.

That was lol funny! :)

Bethere
07-20-2016, 06:26 PM
Two failed marriages.

Is he? I don't believe it. Produce a valid marriage certificate and make sure that it has a raised seal from a registered notary public.

Let's face it. Slovenia doesn't send us their best people. Let's see a green card or an American passport, too.

While you are at it show us a valid receipt for all of that polyester on his scalp.

I loved the stolen speech about how we should treat others with respect coming from the trump camp.

I wonder how the 16 slimed presidential candidates from the doomed gop feel about such gross audacity?