PDA

View Full Version : Soldiers will leave the military if Hillary is elected

Common
07-20-2016, 05:48 PM
Benghazi Soldier Reveals Special Ops Members Will Leave Military If Clinton Is Elected
Benghazi survivor and former CIA operative John “Tig” Tiegen sat down to speak with The Daily Caller (http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/19/exclusive-benghazi-survivor-says-special-operators-will-leave-the-military-if-clinton-gets-elected-video/) yesterday in Cleveland.
The Benghazi survivors have been very vocal about their opinions on the presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton - and for good reason. Tig was one of the six military contractors stranded in Benghazi, Libya on September 11, 2012 where their call for help was never answered. Four of his fellow Americans died because of this negligence.
In the Facebook Live interview, Tiegen told The Daily Caller many of the military's best and brightest will leave if Hillary is elected. “There’s guys leaving now just because of that,” said Tiegen. “Cause they don’t know if the call for help is going to be heard.”
Tiegen spoke on the "downgrading" the Obama administration has conducted overseas and that the men in the military have a growing doubt in the government because of it.
“If you ask for help, or you need your help, you expect the military to come help you, one way or another,” said Tiegen. He then brought up a similar situation to Benghazi - an ambush on a group of marines in Afghanistan in 2013. These marines were left helpless because President Obama pulled troops put of important areas in the Middle East.
Tiegen stated the fight would remain overseas if Trump was elected, but if Clinton were to be elected we will be fighting this war on our home front.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/meganmaxey/2016/07/20/benghazi-soldier-reveals-special-ops-members-will-leave-military-if-clinton-is-elected-n2195300

decedent
07-20-2016, 05:49 PM
Trim the fat.

Peter1469
07-20-2016, 05:56 PM
Trim the fat.

Put transgenders and women in the hard corps combat slots. Make the military PC.

Peter1469
07-20-2016, 05:57 PM
I doubt that many career types will get out based on who the president is. But a lot of people on the fence might.

And we have a new dynamic with the pension reform in the military. When that starts there will be much less incentive to do 20.

midcan5
07-20-2016, 06:23 PM
You'd think military security was Hillary's job, wouldn't you? Weird how elections bring out the most ridiculous nonsense, especially from the right. But a party that has never done anything for all Americans must castigate and make up for what else can it do. Look at their real military work in my link below.

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/66820-Veterans-for-Trump

Does anyone else appreciate the irony in Melania's Michelle Obama speech? She wanted to emulate the first black lady's life experiences. This from the republican party - the party of dog whistles. If that ain't too funny I don't know what is. Was that a good whistle? lol

Oboe
07-20-2016, 06:27 PM
Police will walk as well. If she tries to disarm Americans the shit will fly.

Peter1469
07-20-2016, 06:28 PM
You'd think military security was Hillary's job, wouldn't you? Weird how elections bring out the most ridiculous nonsense, especially from the right. But a party that has never done anything for all Americans must castigate and make up for what else can it do. Look at their real military work in my link below.

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/66820-Veterans-for-Trump

Does anyone else appreciate the irony in Melania's Michelle Obama speech? She wanted to emulate the first black lady's life experiences. This from the republican party - the party of dog whistles. If that ain't too funny I don't know what is. Was that a good whistle? lol

The Democratic Party is a disparate organization made up of independent victims groups. All searching for government handouts.

Tahuyaman
07-20-2016, 06:56 PM
Put transgenders and women in the hard corps combat slots. Make the military PC.

With the left, the purpose of the military has always been to use it as a social experimentation laboratory. Combat readiness and or effectiveness has always taken second place.

When I was a 1SG. My company received a briefing from one of the weapons development groups. I can't remember their exact name as it was about twenty years ago. We were bring briefed on a new anti-personnel mine. This mine threw an electrically charged net over the enemy when tripped. It's purpose was just to temporarily and harmlessly disable our enemy. We were told that we were moving in a direction to make warfare less destructive to human life.

My my response was. "when we sweep the ambush site this will make it much easier to kill everyone still on the objective" My comment was greeted with laughter by all the soldiers in the room. Not so much by the civilians.

This was the first sign I received which told me my days as an infantryman were coming to an end.

Peter1469
07-20-2016, 07:01 PM
With the left, the purpose of the military has always been to use it as a social experimentation laboratory. Combat readiness and or effectiveness has always taken second place.

When I was a 1SG. My company received a briefing from one of the weapons development groups. I can't remember their exact name as it was about twenty years ago. We were bring briefed on a new anti-personnel mine. This mine threw an electrically charged net over the enemy when tripped. It's purpose was just to temporarily and harmlessly disable our enemy. We were told that we were moving in a direction to make warfare less destructive to human life.

My my response was. "when we sweep the ambush site this will make it much easier to kill everyone still on the objective" My comment was greeted with laughter by all the soldiers in the room. Not so much by the civilians.

This was the first sign I received which told me my days as an infantryman were coming to an end.

I was infantry in Desert Storm, and later as a JAG I actually had to correct people who thought that killing the enemy as you secured an objective is bad.

Tahuyaman
07-20-2016, 07:04 PM
I was infantry in Desert Storm, and later as a JAG I actually had to correct people who thought that killing the enemy as you secured an objective is bad.

My Army didn't need to be corrected. We needed to be restrained.

exotix
07-20-2016, 07:19 PM
I'm surprised we had an army left after Bush.

decedent
07-20-2016, 07:27 PM

Well, those guys definitely need to be replaced. I'm not sure by whom.

gamewell45
07-20-2016, 07:30 PM
Benghazi Soldier Reveals Special Ops Members Will Leave Military If Clinton Is Elected

Benghazi survivor and former CIA operative John “Tig” Tiegen sat down to speak with The Daily Caller (http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/19/exclusive-benghazi-survivor-says-special-operators-will-leave-the-military-if-clinton-gets-elected-video/) yesterday in Cleveland.
The Benghazi survivors have been very vocal about their opinions on the presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton - and for good reason. Tig was one of the six military contractors stranded in Benghazi, Libya on September 11, 2012 where their call for help was never answered. Four of his fellow Americans died because of this negligence.
In the Facebook Live interview, Tiegen told The Daily Caller many of the military's best and brightest will leave if Hillary is elected. “There’s guys leaving now just because of that,” said Tiegen. “Cause they don’t know if the call for help is going to be heard.”
Tiegen spoke on the "downgrading" the Obama administration has conducted overseas and that the men in the military have a growing doubt in the government because of it.
“If you ask for help, or you need your help, you expect the military to come help you, one way or another,” said Tiegen. He then brought up a similar situation to Benghazi - an ambush on a group of marines in Afghanistan in 2013. These marines were left helpless because President Obama pulled troops put of important areas in the Middle East.
Tiegen stated the fight would remain overseas if Trump was elected, but if Clinton were to be elected we will be fighting this war on our home front.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/meganmaxey/2016/07/20/benghazi-soldier-reveals-special-ops-members-will-leave-military-if-clinton-is-elected-n2195300

I say let then leave the military and wish them good luck in their future endeavors. Life will go on without them and they'll be replaced by others who have a desire to serve in special ops.

Tahuyaman
07-20-2016, 07:33 PM

Why?

exotix
07-20-2016, 07:34 PM
Why?Really ?

Tahuyaman
07-20-2016, 07:37 PM
Well, those guys definitely need to be replaced. I'm not sure by whom.

You're right, we don't want peolple in our military, especially in combat arms positions who have the warrior mentality. We want people who have empathy for our enemies. We should strive to be more friendly in how we execute combat operations.

I can see a time where no one is killed when we go to war. No pain, no suffering. This will help ensure that war is so painless and sanitary that we are in a perpetual state of war.

Good call.

Tahuyaman
07-20-2016, 07:39 PM
War is supposed to be brutal and the most dirty and painful thing man can do to mankind. That's is the deterrent.

maineman
07-20-2016, 07:40 PM
I served under presidents from LBJ to WJC. WHO was in the white house NEVER had anything to do with whether or not I stayed on active duty.

exotix
07-20-2016, 07:42 PM
War is supposed to be brutal and the most dirty and painful thing man can do to mankind. That's is the deterrent.I can see how these cowards are yours and the OP's kind of heros ...

http://media.townhall.com/townhall/reu/ha/2016/200/9d3d594d-9dc2-4971-849d-339a069905f6.jpg

Tahuyaman
07-20-2016, 07:42 PM
Really ?

yes, really?

How have our soldiers done under this administration? What's their morale? What's our combat readiness level? Do you even have an effing clue?

maineman
07-20-2016, 07:43 PM
from all accounts, our Navy's degree of readiness has not degraded one bit.

Tahuyaman
07-20-2016, 07:43 PM
A real live war is not a video game played on the TV in your mobile home.

Tahuyaman
07-20-2016, 07:57 PM
Many people in the senior levels of both the NCO corps and commissioned officers are very politically aware. They know when they will be supported and who's providing just lip service.

Hillary Clinton's disrespect of military personnel is well known amongst senior military members. I have no doubt that there will be another purge of quality military people when she is elected POTUS.

There will be some who believe thatbthat will be able to push through the things her administration will throw on them.

JDubya
07-20-2016, 08:00 PM

Who gives a shit?

Stop-loss them and tell them they're staying in whether they like it or not.

Screw the damned tantrum throwing babies. It's not up to them to say who they will and will not serve under.

On the other hand, if they feel that their widdle feewings are more important than their country, let them go back home and work at Wally's Fillin' Station.

Typical of the spoiled rotten entitled mentality of people nowadays.

maineman
07-20-2016, 08:11 PM
. I have no doubt that there will be another purge of quality military people when she is elected POTUS.

When was the LAST time there was a purge of quality military personnel for reasons other than professional performance?

Common
07-20-2016, 08:16 PM
Who gives a shit?

Screw the damned tantrum throwing babies. It's not up to them to say who they will and will not serve under.

On the other hand, if they feel that their widdle feewings are more important than their country, let them go back home and work at Wally's Fillin' Station.

lol

Common
07-20-2016, 08:20 PM
When was the LAST time there was a purge of quality military personnel for reasons other than professional performance?

Why has Obama Fired 197 US Senior Military Commanders in 5 years? (nine Generals in 2013ELOW ARE THREE NEWS ITEMS (You will never see in the lame stream media)

OBAMA TRANSFORMS US MILITARY
INVESTORS BUSINESS DAILY OCTOBER 29, 2013 (OBAMA FIRES 197 SENIOR MILITARY COMMANDERS IN FIVE YEARS (37 Four Star Generals)
OBAMA FIRES 9 COMMANDING GENERALS IN 2013

Click here for the pdf version: or read below:
Why Has Obama Fired 197 Senior Military Commanders in 5 years (including 9 Generals in 2013) (https://thejohnsonreport.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/why-has-obama-fired-197-senior-military-commanders-in-5-years-including-9-generals-in-2013.pdf)

Are you one of the millions of Americans that are watching the final Transformation of America As Promised? and are sitting on the sidelines or worse yet don’t know what is really taking place IN YOUR COUNTRY. I did not take the below factual until I read in Investors Business Daily that 37 4 Star Generals have been relieved of duty during the Obama term…. I always thought that as long as the Armed Forces were Anti Obama that in spite of all the lies, misleading info, executive orders etc. we as Americans were holding one big Ace in the hole. Apparently BHO is far ahead of any thinking I might have had. I keep asking myself…… if he is leaving office in 3 years……. why does he want a Military who is stocked with an ideology of his …….. unless he can be confident that our own military leaders will not hesitate to use the military on fellow Americans

https://america-wake-up.com/2013/11/03/why-has-obama-fired-197-us-senior-military-commanders-in-5-years-nine-generals-in-2013/

Top generals: Obama is 'purging the military'

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/top-generals-obama-is-purging-the-military/#cbAz0JzTpTvRl3wB.99

Retired Army Maj. Gen. Patrick Brady, recipient of the U.S. military’s highest decoration, the Medal of Honor, as well as other top retired officers, say President Obama’s agenda is decimating the morale of the U.S. ranks to the point members no longer feel prepared to fight or have the desire to win.
“There is no doubt he (Obama) is intent on emasculating the military and will fire anyone who disagrees with him” over such issues as “homosexuals, women in foxholes, the Obama sequester,” Brady told WND.
“They are purging everyone, and if you want to keep your job, just keep your mouth shut,” one source told WND.
Not only are military service members being demoralized and the ranks’ overall readiness being reduced by the Obama administration’s purge of key leaders, colonels – those lined up in rank to replace outgoing generals – are quietly taking their careers in other directions.
Retired Army Lt. Gen. William G. “Jerry” Boykin, who was with Delta Force and later Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence under President George W. Bush, says it is worrying that four-star generals are being retired at the rate that has occurred under Obama.
“Over the past three years, it is unprecedented for the number of four-star generals to be relieved of duty, and not necessarily relieved for cause,” Boykin said.
“I believe there is a purging of the military,” he said. “The problem is worse than we have ever seen.”
Boykin points out that the military adheres to the constitutional requirement of a civilian leadership over the military. As a consequence, officers are not allowed to criticize their civilian leadership, as occurred when Gen. Stanley A. McChrystal was relieved in 2010 of his command of the International Security Assistance Force and commander of U.S. Forces in Afghanistan.
He was relieved due to what has been described as unflattering remarks made about Vice President Joe Biden and other administration officials in a Rolling Stone magazine article. He was recalled to Washington where Obama accepted his resignation as commander in Afghanistan.
Boykin says that because of the fundamental civilian leadership over the military, McCrystal was “appropriately forced to retire.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/top-generals-obama-is-purging-the-military/#cbAz0JzTpTvRl3wB.99

maineman
07-20-2016, 08:22 PM
now show me one of those officers who was fired for anything other than substandard professional performance.

I'll wait.

Oboe
07-20-2016, 08:43 PM
from all accounts, our Navy's degree of readiness has not degraded one bit.That's because you are no account.

JDubya
07-20-2016, 08:45 PM
(B)ELOW ARE THREE NEWS ITEMS (You will never see in the lame stream media)

Did he just say "lame stream media"???

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1911671/images/n-SARAH-PALIN-THUMBS-UP-628x314.jpg

..........YOU BETCHA!!!!

Oboe
07-20-2016, 08:48 PM
Trump/Palin 2016

decedent
07-20-2016, 09:06 PM
You're right, we don't want peolple in our military, especially in combat arms positions who have the warrior mentality.

They're just a small bunch of asshats.

maineman
07-20-2016, 09:11 PM
You're right, we don't want peolple in our military, especially in combat arms positions who have the warrior mentality. I think that we always want our military to be stern and brave and patriotic. They need to be willing to march into Hell, and they need to be ready to not send us INTO Hell. Fighting for a righteous cause is rarely a bad decision.

TrueBlue
07-20-2016, 09:35 PM

http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/big_standart/rofl.gif LOL!!! Oh, sure they will. Just like they said the same thing that if DADT were to be lifted or removed they were all going to leave the military. And guess what? They couldn't wait to re-enlist in record time! So, don't believe everything you hear. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/grin.gif

Cletus
07-20-2016, 09:39 PM
I served under presidents from LBJ to WJC. WHO was in the white house NEVER had anything to do with whether or not I stayed on active duty.

It did for a lot of people. Under Clinton, there was an exodus of mid to senior NCOs and junior to mid level officers. The Army lost people in droves and it was directly attributable to Clinton.

JDubya
07-20-2016, 09:50 PM
It did for a lot of people. Under Clinton, there was an exodus of mid to senior NCOs and junior to mid level officers. The Army lost people in droves and it was directly attributable to Clinton.

Yeah, sure it was.

Either way, to hell with those wussies.

The only reason quitters like that were in the Army to begin with was either because they were no good for anything else or they had to join up to stay out of prison.

Cletus
07-20-2016, 09:58 PM
Yeah, sure it was.

The only reason quitters like that were in the Army to begin with was either because they were no good for anything else or they had to join up to stay out of prison.

So, how many times were you rejected? You are an angry, bitter little man. Is that the reason why?

maineman
07-20-2016, 10:28 PM
Anecdotal. Do you have any links that would substantiate your recollection?

Cletus
07-20-2016, 10:42 PM
Anecdotal. Do you have any links that would substantiate your recollection?

I was there.

Tahuyaman
07-20-2016, 11:09 PM
They're just a small bunch of asshats.

Yep, competent soldiers are asshats in your world.

Tahuyaman
07-20-2016, 11:13 PM

I was in the Army during the entire Clinton administration. I truly don't remember him forcing out anyone. He wasn't widely respected and he was routinely ridiculed, but in my experience, I can not verify your comment.

Tahuyaman
07-20-2016, 11:15 PM
Yeah, sure it was.

Just when I think you have made the most ignorant comment possible, you top it with yet another.

Oboe
07-21-2016, 05:03 AM
now show me one of those officers who was fired for anything other than substandard professional performance.

I'll wait.

Anyone who would show you anything is wasting their time. Trolls do not want to be told the truth. It only angers the inner communist in them.

Ransom
07-21-2016, 06:22 AM
I think that we always want our military to be stern and brave and patriotic. They need to be willing to march into Hell, and they need to be ready to not send us INTO Hell. Fighting for a righteous cause is rarely a bad decision.

The righteous cause for you is Mexico. Spare us.

maineman
07-21-2016, 08:13 AM
The righteous cause for you is Mexico. Spare us.

you do understand that I am 66 years old and have been retired from the Navy for over twenty years?

In my day, standing up to and confronting the soviet union in the seas around the world and maintaining open sea lanes of communication and commerce was my righteous cause.

Adelaide
07-21-2016, 08:36 AM
I think this is an empty threat, similar to all the anti-Trump people claiming they'll move to Canada.

Cletus
07-21-2016, 09:08 AM
I was in the Army during the entire Clinton administration. I truly don't remember him forcing out anyone. He wasn't widely respected and he was routinely ridiculed, but in my experience, I can not verify your comment.

I didn't say he tried to force out anyone. I said there was a mass exodus of NCOs and officers. Many, many, NCOS got out because they believed they could not trust the Commander on Chief or support his policies. The Army went through a lot of changes during his administration and none of them were good. Any time he was in the news on a military related matter, you could hear "What is that asshole doing to fuck up my army now?" This was particularly true in the Special Operations Community. There were radical changes made at the highest levels of command that diminished mission readiness. Good soldiers, a lot of them, got fed up and walked.

Tahuyaman
07-21-2016, 09:19 AM
I didn't say he tried to force out anyone. I said there was a mass exodus of NCOs and officers. Many, many, NCOS got out because they believed they could not trust the Commander on Chief or support his policies. The Army went through a lot of changes during his administration and none of them were good. Any time he was in the news on a military related matter, you could hear "What is that $#@! doing to $#@! up my army now?" This was particularly true in the Special Operations Community. There were radical changes made at the highest levels of command that diminished mission readiness. Good soldiers, a lot of them, got fed up and walked.

I don't remember any mass exodus during the Clinton era.

Ransom
07-21-2016, 09:50 AM
you do understand that I am 66 years old and have been retired from the Navy for over twenty years?

I couldn't care less, I personally don't believe a thing you write and that you're an American hating political hack.

In my day, standing up to and confronting the soviet union in the seas around the world and maintaining open sea lanes of communication and commerce was my righteous cause.

An imperialist? My my.

maineman
07-21-2016, 10:03 AM
I personally don't believe a thing you write and that you're an American hating political hack.

good. I don't believe I am an American hating political hack either.

Ransom
07-21-2016, 10:11 AM
good. I don't believe I am an American hating political hack either.

We'll agree to disagree.

Bo-4
07-21-2016, 10:14 AM
Lol .. a few of them said the same thing would happen if Obama was elected.

It didn't

Pure nonsense and you should should raise your standards on RW sites.

DailyCaller & TownHall?

:rofl:

Cletus
07-21-2016, 10:18 AM

Well, I do.

I was part of it. I think if you look at the stats, you will see that more senior NCOS and junior to mid level officers left the Army during that time frame than at any other with the exception of a RIF or the end of a major conflict. I was an E-8 with an appointment to the Sergeants Major Academy that I turned down because they wanted a two year commitment upon completion. I left the Army and hired out on a personal services contract to the State Department's Bureau of Diplomatic Security. It was still under Clinton, but he had very little control over what we did once we were in country..

There were a lot of guys who were never in the Army for the benefits or the retirement. They were there for the mission. When it reached the point where they could no longer believed in the mission or trust the chain of command to do the right thing, they left. For me, the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back was when SecDef Aspin denied Garrison's request for armor and A-C130 support during Gothic Serpent and left TF Ranger hanging (No, I was not part of TF Ranger. I didn't even hear of the incident until the 5th). The request was denied, not because assets were not available. It was denied because the administration was afraid of the way it would look. They died because Clinton and his flunkies were afraid of appearances.

Tahuyaman
07-21-2016, 10:19 AM

Now that I have thought about it, I remember only one time during my career where people left the army in large numbers. It was at the conclusion of the first gulf war when the stop-loss was lifted. Thousands of soldiers who were planning on getting out after their first enlistment got caught up in the stop-loss building up to the execution of Desert Storm. Once that campaign ended, those soldiers were allowed to leave..... Immediately.

But that has nothing to do with what will happen when Hillary Clinton takes over as Commander in Chief.

Bo-4
07-21-2016, 10:21 AM
Who gives a shit?

What can i do ya for Floyd - only 10 cents for a gallon today.

Oooh Oh .. that's a little pricey Gome - b-b-better just give me 50 cents worth.

:D

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-yCrMW0RvGNw/VZtKOL0wRgI/AAAAAAAAEuQ/ZIjQfpUq5Z0/s1600/Andy%2BGriffith%2BShow...Gomer%2BPyle.jpeg

Tahuyaman
07-21-2016, 10:22 AM
Well, I do.

I was part of it. I think if you look at the stats, you will see that more senior NCOS and junior to mid level officers left the Army during that time frame than at any other with the exception of a RIF or the end of a major conflict. I was an E-8 with an appointment to the Sergeants Major Academy that I turned down because they wanted a two year commitment upon completion. I left the Army and hired out on a personal services contract to the State Department's Bureau of Diplomatic Security. It was still under Clinton, but he had very little control over what we did once we were in country..

There were a lot of guys who were never in the Army for the benefits or the retirement. They were there for the mission. When it reached the point where they could no longer believed in the mission or trust the chain of command to do the right thing, they left. For me, the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back was when SecDef Aspin denied Garrison's request for armor and A-C130 support during Gothic Serpent and left TF Ranger hanging (No, I was not part of TF Ranger. I didn't even hear of the incident until the 5th). The request was denied, not because assets were not available. It was denied because the administration was afraid of the way it would look. They died because Clinton and his flunkies were afraid of appearances.

My experience does not support that.

JDubya
07-21-2016, 10:31 AM

No surprise there. Army personnel are not known for being highly intelligent and as we all know, ignorant people tend to ridicule their betters as a defense mechanism. Makes them feel a little better about themselves and temporarily forget about what losers they are.

Just when I think you have made the most ignorant comment possible, you top it with yet another.

Hit a little too close to home, did I?

Tahuyaman
07-21-2016, 10:33 AM
No surprise there. Army personnel are not known for being highly intelligent and as we all know, ignorant people tend to ridicule their betters as a defense mechanism. Makes them feel a little better about themselves and temporarily forget about what losers they are.

Hit a little too close to home, did I?

if I was you, I'd be very careful about criticizing the intelligence of others.

JDubya
07-21-2016, 10:37 AM

Why should I be careful, when I've you here to prove my point every time you post?

It's like money in the bank!!!

:biglaugh:

Tahuyaman
07-21-2016, 10:45 AM

Why should I be careful...

Because you set yourself up when you criticize the intelligence of others. You're not exactly a shining light of intelligence.

Tahuyaman
07-21-2016, 10:46 AM
I've you here to prove my point every time you post?

What point would that be?

nathanbforrest45
07-21-2016, 10:46 AM
If Hillary, God Forbid, is elected POTUS her main job, as Commander in Chief, will be the security of not only the military but of all Americans. She would provide for the security of the citizens by providing for the security of the military, those who would actually protect the citizens. Perhaps we should not be involved in foreign adventures but as long as we are we must protect those we send in harms way.

nathanbforrest45
07-21-2016, 10:48 AM

What did LaPierre say about this?

Cigar
07-21-2016, 10:50 AM

:hello:

nathanbforrest45
07-21-2016, 10:50 AM

So, all you wanted was your pension and didn't really care about how the troops were treated.

nathanbforrest45
07-21-2016, 10:55 AM
Yep, competent soldiers are asshats in your world.

Not only are they asshats to the left but obviously they are also to be treated as slaves and forced to remain in the military regardless of their desires.

MisterVeritis
07-21-2016, 10:55 AM
Trump/Palin 2016
You misspelled Pence.

Tahuyaman
07-21-2016, 11:02 AM
Not only are they asshats to the left but obviously they are also to be treated as slaves and forced to remain in the military regardless of their desires.
Give them the opening and they expose their true views.

Tahuyaman
07-21-2016, 11:09 AM
So, all you wanted was your pension and didn't really care about how the troops were treated.

Look, I remained in the Army with a Commander in Chief, Bill Clinton, whom I had little to no respect for. I had a platoon or company to lead and other Non Commissioned Officers to train. I stayed because I respected those men and our mission in spite of him.

nathanbforrest45
07-21-2016, 11:10 AM
Look, I remained in the Army with a Commander in Chief, Bill Clinton, whom I had little to no respect for. I had a platoon or company to lead and other Non Commissioned Officers to train. I stayed because I respected those men and our mission in spite of him.

Sorry, I wasn't speaking of you but of our itinerant preacher living in Mexico.

Tahuyaman
07-21-2016, 11:13 AM
Sorry, I wasn't speaking of you but of our itinerant preacher living in Mexico.

I wasn't defending him. I was just trying to tell you that there are many reasons people remain in the military.

Cletus
07-21-2016, 11:19 AM
... as we all know, ignorant people tend to ridicule their betters as a defense mechanism. Makes them feel a little better about themselves and temporarily forget about what losers they are.

That explains most of your posts.

maineman
07-21-2016, 11:19 AM

the way the sailors that worked for me were treated was very important to me. Some CinCs were better than others. Some of my skippers were better than others, too. I chose to do my job as professionally as I could, and to be as good a leader/mariner/surface warrior as I could regardless of the individuals above me in the chain of command.

I'm curious as to why you seem intent on maintaining this level of enmity with me?

Cletus
07-21-2016, 11:22 AM
I wasn't defending him. I was just trying to tell you that there are many reasons people remain in the military.

Of course there are and I was not being critical of those who did. I and thousands of others saw fit to not support Clinton by staying.

It was a personal choice and one I have never regretted.

Cigar
07-21-2016, 11:23 AM
You can't field an Army of temperamental Men/Women ...

Tahuyaman
07-21-2016, 11:31 AM

Have you ever been in a combat arms branch of the military? Many of the greatest soldiers and leaders in our history were quite temperamental.

Just a a bit of advice. Know what you're talking about before you make comments.

Cletus
07-21-2016, 11:31 AM

How would you know?

Cigar
07-21-2016, 11:34 AM
How would you know?

You'd be amazed or not ... the association to me really doesn't really matter

donttread
07-21-2016, 02:46 PM

While I wish this was true where would they go. No good jobs to go to