PDA

View Full Version : 67 times speakers at the RNC got fact checked (yeah, in just the first two days)

Cigar
07-21-2016, 09:30 AM
Pity the fact checkers who have to keep the Republicans honest.

Halfway through the Republican National Convention, a trend is emerging:

“The Republican recipe: Take an ambiguous set of facts. Add in some innuendo. Arrange the facts in the most suspicious-seeming way. Then level an allegation that cannot be disproven.” –Michael Tomasky, The Daily Beast

Independent fact checkers have been doing their best to keep up with the lies Donald Trump’s convention speakers have been offering in lieu of anything resembling a plan, a positive vision, or praise for their own candidate. (Send them coffee.) At this point, the most impressive thing about Trump’s convention is that it has received more fact checks than there have been hours in the actual proceedings.

So just how many times have fact checkers called out Republicans at the convention? Let’s count.

1. “Trump said he liked having the convention in Cleveland and that he had recommended Ohio. The selection of Cleveland was conducted by the party in 2014, when it wasn’t known who would ultimately win the nomination. We rate Trump’s statement False.”

2. “Donald Trump Jr. said Clinton is proposing ‘destroying Medicare for seniors.’ We rate the claim False.”

3. “McConnell said that Clinton changed her views on allowing Iran to enrich uranium. We rate this claim Mostly False.”

4. “Day said that as a senator Clinton ‘paid women less than the men in your office.’ We rate this claim Mostly False.”....

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/feed/67-times-speakers-at-the-rnc-got-fact-checked-yeah-in-just-the-first-two-days/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=tw&utm_campaign=20160720feed_factchecks

No one is surprised ... :laugh:

Common
07-21-2016, 09:46 AM
Look cigar, you have the ENTIRE liberal media on your side, they are scrutinizing only trump and trying to rip him to shreds. Nothing will surprise me that they come up with to denigrate him.

Heres the thing when you criticize someone for being what they are and what they say is one thing.
When it becomes evident that they are contriving embarrassing scenarios and forcefully trying to ram everything is bad with trump down your throat. It becomes more than apparent but glaringly clear they are trying to manipulate. The affect of that becomes the opposite.

This same thing has played out before many times. The media over reachs expounds and tries to hard to murder someone. The most recent I remember is GWBush when he was running and the anchor turd at cbs got fired and the producer of 60 minutes

Cigar
07-21-2016, 10:00 AM
Look cigar, you have the ENTIRE liberal media on your side, they are scrutinizing only trump and trying to rip him to shreds. Nothing will surprise me that they come up with to denigrate him.

Heres the thing when you criticize someone for being what they are and what they say is one thing.
When it becomes evident that they are contriving embarrassing scenarios and forcefully trying to ram everything is bad with trump down your throat. It becomes more than apparent but glaringly clear they are trying to manipulate. The affect of that becomes the opposite.

This same thing has played out before many times. The media over reachs expounds and tries to hard to murder someone. The most recent I remember is GWBush when he was running and the anchor turd at cbs got fired and the producer of 60 minutes

Actually, all you have to do is play-back Trump's own words ... nothing more.

hanger4
07-21-2016, 10:06 AM
Pity the fact checkers who have to keep the Republicans honest.

Halfway through the Republican National Convention, a trend is emerging:

“The Republican recipe: Take an ambiguous set of facts. Add in some innuendo. Arrange the facts in the most suspicious-seeming way. Then level an allegation that cannot be disproven.” –Michael Tomasky, The Daily Beast

Independent fact checkers have been doing their best to keep up with the lies Donald Trump’s convention speakers have been offering in lieu of anything resembling a plan, a positive vision, or praise for their own candidate. (Send them coffee.) At this point, the most impressive thing about Trump’s convention is that it has received more fact checks than there have been hours in the actual proceedings.

So just how many times have fact checkers called out Republicans at the convention? Let’s count.

1. “Trump said he liked having the convention in Cleveland and that he had recommended Ohio. The selection of Cleveland was conducted by the party in 2014, when it wasn’t known who would ultimately win the nomination. We rate Trump’s statement False.”

2. “Donald Trump Jr. said Clinton is proposing ‘destroying Medicare for seniors.’ We rate the claim False.”

3. “McConnell said that Clinton changed her views on allowing Iran to enrich uranium. We rate this claim Mostly False.”

4. “Day said that as a senator Clinton ‘paid women less than the men in your office.’ We rate this claim Mostly False.”....

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/feed/67-times-speakers-at-the-rnc-got-fact-checked-yeah-in-just-the-first-two-days/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=tw&utm_campaign=20160720feed_factchecks

No one is surprised ... :laugh:

Yup, hillaryclinton.com is so totally nonpartisan.

Common
07-21-2016, 10:08 AM
If they fact checked Hillary we would have to hang her by the neck until dead for treason and various other douchebaggery

maineman
07-21-2016, 11:25 AM
“Oftentimes when I was sleeping with one of the top women in the world I would say to myself, thinking about me as a boy from Queens, ‘Can you believe what I am getting?’” Donald Trump, Think Big: Make it Happen in Business and Life, 2008

classy guy

Cigar
07-21-2016, 11:37 AM
If they fact checked Hillary we would have to hang her by the neck until dead for treason and various other douchebaggery

FBI are on their way ... say hello for me. :grin:

hanger4
07-21-2016, 11:41 AM
“Oftentimes when I was sleeping with one of the top women in the world I would say to myself, thinking about me as a boy from Queens, ‘Can you believe what I am getting?’” Donald Trump, Think Big: Make it Happen in Business and Life, 2008

classy guy

Not going to work, Bill Clinton done spoilt dat dar naritive fer ya.

Quicksilver
07-21-2016, 11:51 AM

Is Bill running again? I did not know that..

hanger4
07-21-2016, 12:05 PM
Is Bill running again? I did not know that..

I'm sorry, what part of "narritive" didn't you understand ??

maineman
07-21-2016, 12:11 PM
the misspelled part.

hanger4
07-21-2016, 12:15 PM
the misspelled part.

Aaaaah yes, the refuge of those that have nothing.

Misspelling.

maineman
07-21-2016, 12:24 PM
well.... you actually misspelled it two different ways, which was just too droll not to note.

Politico has an article today about the 199 most Donald Trump Things that Donald Trump has ever said. There are 198 more where that one came from. Together, they paint a very textured portrait of an egomaniac. You all should be so proud of your choice.

maineman
07-21-2016, 12:27 PM
“When a man leaves a woman, especially when it was perceived that he has left for a piece of ass—a good one!— there are 50 percent of the population who will love the woman who was left.” Donald Trump, Vanity Fair, 1990

I mean fuggitaboutit..... if that ain't fuckin' presidential, I dunno what is!

maineman
07-21-2016, 12:29 PM
“You know, it really doesn’t matter what they write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass.” (Esquire, 1991)

Truth Detector
07-21-2016, 12:40 PM
What we do know is that there will be NO fact checking of the speeches at the DNC Convention. However, there will be fawning and fact fabricating by the media on behalf of the Democratic Convention.

America will watch and more will move over to the Trump side because they will be sickened by the OBVIOUS media bias and attempts to drag this sociopathic lying, incompetent, inept and unaccomplished harpy across the finish line.

The American sheeple are gullible at times, but many are not as stupid as your average Democratic voter and will see right through the charade.

hanger4
07-21-2016, 01:00 PM
well.... you actually misspelled it two different ways, which was just too droll not to note.

Politico has an article today about the 199 most Donald Trump Things that Donald Trump has ever said. There are 198 more where that one came from. Together, they paint a very textured portrait of an egomaniac. You all should be so proud of your choice.

Been there, done that;

Most if not all politicos are egomaniac.

birddog
07-21-2016, 01:12 PM

She or Obama could not pass an FBI Top Secret Clearance investigation if they were a private citizen. Fact! Libtards still vote for the slime, pathetic!