PDA

View Full Version : N Miami police shoot unarmed black mental health worker with his hands in the air

OGIS
07-21-2016, 02:36 AM
One way or another.

OK, cop fellators, let's hear your gargles defending this.

When you do every goddamned thing the cops want and you STILL get shot, what IS the message being communicated here?

Might as well take your chances and blast away....

http://gawker.com/video-shows-unarmed-black-man-pleading-with-arms-raised-1784004594?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

FindersKeepers
07-21-2016, 04:45 AM
The cop screwed up -- he's on administrative leave while they investigate. He'll likely lose his job. Maybe worse.

But, it doesn't appear to be a shooting based on hatefulness or animosity. The cop said, "he didn't know" why he shot. He doesn't sound like cop-material to me, but neither does he represent a larger group.

Isolated cases like this need to be treated as what they -- isolated cases.

Peter1469
07-21-2016, 04:48 AM
We don't pay cops enough to hire only those qualified to do the job. A lot of these incidents happen when the cop in question gets over come with fear and can only choose between fight or flight. They have the gun so they use it.

FindersKeepers
07-21-2016, 05:02 AM
We don't pay cops enough to hire only those qualified to do the job. A lot of these incidents happen when the cop in question gets over come with fear and can only choose between fight or flight. They have the gun so they use it.

That's exactly right -- they're humans, not automatons.

They're not adequately screened or trained in many cases, which would cost taxpayers a lot more money. If we raise their wages, more would apply and departments would have a larger group from which to choose.

Oboe
07-21-2016, 05:12 AM
One way or another.

When you do every goddamned thing the cops want and you STILL get shot, what IS the message being communicated here?

http://gawker.com/video-shows-unarmed-black-man-pleading-with-arms-raised-1784004594?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

Since your post clearly says that you just want to troll, you get on your knees and service the cops.

Jets
07-21-2016, 06:25 AM
Lets add to the fact that less people want to be police officers. Who wants to take a job the symbolizes the motto "damned if you do damned if you don't". If a shoot is at all questionable and it involves someone hispanic or african american, there would be a department investigation, possible criminal trial, more than likely a civil suit,and a possible civil rights trial. As a result the pool is smaller to choose from regarding new blood in LE. With police officers retiring and hiring needs pressing, standards have to be lowered allowing people to obtain a firearm and shield who never should have been considered. This is one of the reasons we are seeing more bad cops.

jmo

FindersKeepers
07-21-2016, 06:41 AM
Lets add to the fact that less people want to be police officers. Who wants to take a job the symbolizes the motto "damned if you do damned if you don't". If a shoot is at all questionable and it involves someone hispanic or african american, there would be a department investigation, possible criminal trial, more than likely a civil suit,and a possible civil rights trial. As a result the pool is smaller to choose from regarding new blood in LE. With police officers retiring and hiring needs pressing, standards have to be lowered allowing people to obtain a firearm and shield who never should have been considered. This is one of the reasons we are seeing more bad cops.

jmo

Exactly. I hear a lot of people say that officers "know what they're getting into when they sign on," as if that's justification for insisting that officers put themselves in unsafe situations. Kind of like -- if they are officers, they better just accept dying. It's just so odd.

Plus, anti-cop sentiment doesn't take into account the good record of an officer who is on the force for years. An officer who might have no complaints, yet he finds himself in a situation, such as Darren Wilson did with Michael Brown. Suddenly, he's painted as a racist killer. Never mind that he might have helped hundreds of stranded motorists, soothed frazzled emotions in "domestic" calls and helped keep communities safe, a single incident (often taken out of context) can be used to define all his years of service.

You're right -- fewer and fewer people seek out careers in law enforcement, so departments have a smaller pool of applicants from which to choose. That reduces the quality of the applicant pool.

Subdermal
07-21-2016, 06:47 AM
If we have the video of the event, why do we not see the part of the video where he was shot? Is there something about that particular point in time that grants some leeway to the otherwise indefensible notion of shooting a perp with his hands up?

Subdermal
07-21-2016, 06:50 AM
Also: how does the OP propose to 'stop' all examples of human error - as this seems like on its face - or even all examples of criminal behaviour on the part of police?

Cigar
07-21-2016, 07:09 AM
One way or another.

Clearly All Lives Don't Matter ... and I was always taught that respect is earned, not anointed.

Therefore, be nice, be courteous, be well mannered, but defend yourself at all times and don't take any crap from anyone and allow yourself to become a victim.

Now that stance may not work for everyone, therefore, you should know your own limitations first. What works for me, may not work for you.

:wink:

decedent
07-21-2016, 07:33 AM
This is an understandable murder. The officer is only human, after all. Besides we don't know the black guy's history. Not only that, but look at how dark he is; a bit too dark to be innocent.

Subdermal
07-21-2016, 07:34 AM
This is an understandable murder. The officer is only human, after all. Besides we don't know the black guy's history.

That you're an idiot is understandable. After all, you're a Democrat.

Cigar
07-21-2016, 07:51 AM

You know, you sure do had out a lot if insults everyday :laugh:

Subdermal
07-21-2016, 08:01 AM
You know, you sure do had out a lot if insults everyday :laugh:

You're all trolls. You deserve little to no consideration other than scorn. You construct sentences as well as your intellect allows.

Safety
07-21-2016, 08:04 AM
Add him to the BLM movement, this was a senseless shooting. Even the cop who shot him said so...

Jets
07-21-2016, 08:10 AM
Another issue that needs to be addressed is officer training. Emphasis tends to be on firearms and intermediate weapons(baton/pepper spray) Considering that most interactions with LE are verbal, more tactics need to be taught and pressed upon. Many situations can be diffused and or de-escalated if the right words are used at the right time.

jmo here

decedent
07-21-2016, 08:13 AM

I'm agreeing with you: this incident should just be filed away as "human error". No harm done.

Subdermal
07-21-2016, 08:45 AM
I'm agreeing with you: this incident should just be filed away as "human error". No harm done.

No, you're not. You're an antagonistic troll with a very particular style. You're simply able to blur the line between honest and dishonest at will.

decedent
07-21-2016, 08:53 AM
No, you're not. You're an antagonistic troll with a very particular style. You're simply able to blur the line between honest and dishonest at will.

This incident was just human error. No big deal.

Tahuyaman
07-21-2016, 09:10 AM

Speaking as a recently resigned deputy sheriff, I don't believe it's an issue of pay. I believe we are hiring people who are too young, immature and inexperienced and not training them well enough.

I resigned partially because I could not work with many of the younger deputies which were being hired and rushed out into the streets. I considered most of them a walking danger area.

I would try to work with them, but I found that many were just too young and immature to accept constructive criticism. They simply wanted to exercise their authority at every opportunity.

So, I chose to protect my own interests and resign.

Subdermal
07-21-2016, 09:13 AM
This incident was just human error. No big deal.

You're a pig in slop, and enjoy it. I'll still engage you, because I'm that good.

Why is a possible example of human error 'no big deal' to you?

Subdermal
07-21-2016, 09:15 AM
Speaking as a recently resigned deputy sheriff, I don't believe it's an issue of pay. I believe we are hiring people who are too young, immature and inexperienced and not training them well enough.

I resigned partially because I could not work with many of the younger deputies which were being hired and rushed out into the streets. I considered most of them a walking danger area.

I would try to work with them, but I found that many were just too young and immature to accept constructive criticism. They simply wanted to exercise their authority at every opportunity.

Based upon what we know right now - which is what we're meant to know - this seems like the likeliest explanation. Some cop probably had his finger on the trigger of his gun, and - in his tension - was squeezing too tightly.

It's all speculation at this point. Don't go asking me for proof, maineman. :rolleyes:

Tahuyaman
07-21-2016, 09:23 AM
Based upon what we know right now - which is what we're meant to know - this seems like the likeliest explanation. Some cop probably had his finger on the trigger of his gun, and - in his tension - was squeezing too tightly.

It's all speculation at this point. Don't go asking me for proof, maineman. :rolleyes:

I'm certainly not maineman, but I'm not buying the idea that his grip was too tight.

Tahuyaman
07-21-2016, 09:25 AM
You're a pig in slop, and enjoy it. I'll still engage you, because I'm that good.

Don't do it. Decedent is really good at playing dumb. He's a natural.

JDubya
07-21-2016, 09:37 AM

Perfect argument for keeping guns out of the hands of any doofus off the street whose only qualification is that he has the money to plunk down.

If a cop, who has undergone extensive training can freak out and shoot someone for little or no reason, the chances of it happening amongst civilians is much greater.

As is evidenced by the stories of that very thing happening, which get reported everyday across the country.

JDubya
07-21-2016, 09:47 AM

"Deputy Sheriff" =

http://chronicle.augusta.com/sites/default/files/editorial/images/spotted/53/538233.jpg

"Resign" =

http://upload.dooo.cc/2016/0111/1452489170215.jpg

:biglaugh:

Oboe
07-21-2016, 09:52 AM
I didn't see where the cop shot him? Why not?

Tahuyaman
07-21-2016, 10:03 AM
"Deputy Sheriff" =

http://chronicle.augusta.com/sites/default/files/editorial/images/spotted/53/538233.jpg

"Resign" =

http://upload.dooo.cc/2016/0111/1452489170215.jpg

I have no idea what you meant with that one. Maybe you could provide an explanation?

Tahuyaman
07-21-2016, 10:06 AM
Perfect argument for keeping guns out of the hands of any doofus off the street whose only qualification is that he has the money to plunk down.

If a cop, who has undergone extensive training can freak out and shoot someone for little or no reason, the chances of it happening amongst civilians is much greater.

As is evidenced by the stories of that very thing happening, which get reported everyday across the country.

It was my experience that the hiring standards have declined and the training provided before throwing these guys out onto the streets has declined as well. But then, I'm only going on my experience.

OGIS
07-21-2016, 10:07 AM

I agree. Though being a cop is definitely NOT the most dangerous job (I think the slime line on a fishing boat is) police need to be paid much more than they are, precisely for the reason you state.

An unqualified carpenter is one thing; an unqualified idiot with a gun is a whole different story.

OGIS
07-21-2016, 10:10 AM
Since your post clearly says that you just want to troll, you get on your knees and service the cops.

You are mistaken. My post was inviting people like you to troll - as you just did. But please, troll away. It's amusing. Want some shinola to go with that?

OGIS
07-21-2016, 10:25 AM
Add him to the BLM movement, this was a senseless shooting. Even the cop who shot him said so...

That "I don't know" is sure to be grist for RWNJ conspiracy theorists and police apologists. Let me try one variant out here: various police departments are targets of a Seekret Kenyan Marxist Atheist Muslim Obummer Mind Control Experiment, where the police are being turned into mindless killers by a CIA Mind Ray of some sort (maybe from HAARP?), or possibly drugs (maybe MariJEWana. Purpose: obviously to discredit local police departments to make way for Obummer's Jackbooted Federal Police.

That works, right? Blames all the right "mysterious forces" and gives a "plausible" excuse for cops being murderous thugs. Alex Jones is probably working on a variant of this at this very moment. He can show clips from "The Manchurian Candidate" to show how easily it can be done.

OGIS
07-21-2016, 10:28 AM
Another issue that needs to be addressed is officer training. Emphasis tends to be on firearms and intermediate weapons(baton/pepper spray) Considering that most interactions with LE are verbal, more tactics need to be taught and pressed upon. Many situations can be diffused and or de-escalated if the right words are used at the right time.

jmo here

I like the way the Tustin Police Department does it: you don't carry a gun unless you either have a degree in psychology or a related field (such as Conflict Resolution) or are working on one. I think they have had ONE officer-caused shooting in decades.

And, yes, Tustin has a huge number of Poors and minorities.

Tahuyaman
07-21-2016, 10:29 AM
That "I don't know" is sure to be grist for RWNJ conspiracy theorists and police apologists. ...

could you explain that one?

Tahuyaman
07-21-2016, 10:31 AM
You are mistaken. My post was inviting people like you to troll - as you just did. But please, troll away. It's amusing. Want some shinola to go with that?

Generally, one waits to find an comment which fits before you accuse someone of being a boot licker. Just criticizing your motives doesn't fit that narrative.

Oboe
07-21-2016, 10:33 AM

don't hold your breath.

Oboe
07-21-2016, 10:37 AM

No, I am not mistaken. You are just another police hating troll who jumps to conclusions like the race baiters do without waiting for a proper investigation. In the video link you posted, I don't see anyone getting shot. So what has to stop? What was done to the man? Where is your evidence? Why don't you get you some knee pads and calm down all the blacks?

OGIS
07-21-2016, 10:43 AM

Elementary, my dear Watson. During your police career, when you fired your weapon, how often did you NOT know why you were firing it? Obviously, some mysterious force MADE him fire his weapon at a civilian who was fully complying. And we all know who is into mysterious efforts to Mind Control the population: that evil genius Obama. After all, look at all the Mind Controlled Democrats.

So this is a perfect segue into a full-blown Conspiracy Theory that Our Boys In Blue are being "set up" by brainwashing and mental programming to create the conditions (general outrage by the sane population) for ushering in the Federal Police Force that Alex and Friends have been warning us about.

Hell, all we need now is for someone to find a deck of cards that is all Queens of Hearts. Where's Frank Sinatra when you need him.

Another reference, of course, is The Parallax View.

Oboe
07-21-2016, 10:45 AM
Elementary, my dear Watson. During your police career, when you fired your weapon, how often did you NOT know why you were firing it? Obviously, some mysterious force MADE him fire his weapon at a civilian who was fully complying. And we all know who is into mysterious efforts to Mind Control the population: that evil genius Obama. After all, look at all the Mind Controlled Democrats.

So this is a perfect segue into a full-blown Conspiracy Theory that Our Boys In Blue are being "set up" by brainwashing and mental programming to create the conditions (general outrage by the sane population) for ushering in the Federal Police Force that Alex and Friends have been warning us about.

Hell, all we need now is for someone to find a deck of cards that is all Queens of Hearts. Where's Frank Sinatra when you need him.

Who shot the guy? I've seen nothing that indicates how he was shot.

Tahuyaman
07-21-2016, 10:47 AM

I suggest you review my first two comments in this thread.

Bo-4
07-21-2016, 10:59 AM
He was attempting to help an autistic man holding a toy truck.

Q: Why did you shoot me officer?
A: I don't know

Defend this one only if you dare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i882k91sHo

Jets
07-21-2016, 11:00 AM
Bo, we already have a thread on this.

Bo-4
07-21-2016, 11:01 AM

Not finding - Mods, please merge

Got it - In "Rants" (should be Latest Haps IMHO)

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/66857-This-shit-has-to-stop

Cigar
07-21-2016, 11:02 AM
We're still waiting for all the facts ....

Oboe
07-21-2016, 11:03 AM
I didn't see anyone get shot? Who was shot?

Bo-4
07-21-2016, 11:04 AM
We're still waiting for all the facts ....

Not me .. i've seen enough ;-)

Bo-4
07-21-2016, 11:05 AM
Oh God :rolleyes:

Private Pickle
So I'm not defending the cop on this one obviously...he shot an unarmed man with his hands raised... What I don't see is intent or malice. I think this cop experienced a negligent discharge. I'm just thankful the guy isn't dead.

I expect this cop will be released from his job at the very least and be facing a civil trial. At worst he could be charged with attempted manslaughter.

Oboe
Not me .. i've seen enough ;-)

Typical BLM racist.

Bo-4
07-21-2016, 11:13 AM
Beat it troll

Cigar
07-21-2016, 11:15 AM

Nor would you ...

Subdermal
07-21-2016, 11:23 AM
In the first thread about this: the one with the poster who was on this topic immediately, and posted it without looking to see if someone else already posted, because there's no way in hell anyone would have beaten him to such things, as his Twitter notifications on such matters from the BLM are lightning fast...

I asked why - if there is a video of this whole incident - didn't we see the part where the guy was actually shot.

My gut here, however, is not with the cop. My gut is with the shooting victim. Unlike the Minneapolis incident, I suspect a cop screw up here, pretty much exactly like Private Pickle explained.

That may have happened in the Minneapolis incident as well, but - in that video - we at least have a cop plainly stating that he told the victim to remain still.

Do we have more on that one? Do we have more on this one?

It seems as though both are national news to sway sentiments and cement biases, rather than actually report.

Cletus
07-21-2016, 11:27 AM
The incident doesn't appear to have racial in nature. I suspect a convulsive trigger squeeze brought on by an adrenaline rush and a finger on the trigger.

It is a training / self discipline issue.

The cop needs to be held liable for actions, criminally and civilly.

Bo-4
07-21-2016, 11:32 AM
In the first thread about this: the one with the poster who was on this topic immediately, and posted it without looking to see if someone else already posted, because there's no way in hell anyone would have beaten him to such things, as his Twitter notifications on such matters from the BLM are lightning fast...

I asked why - if there is a video of this whole incident - didn't we see the part where the guy was actually shot.

My gut here, however, is not with the cop. My gut is with the shooting victim. Unlike the Minneapolis incident, I suspect a cop screw up here, pretty much exactly like Private Pickle explained.

That may have happened in the Minneapolis incident as well, but - in that video - we at least have a cop plainly stating that he told the victim to remain still.

It seems as though both are national news to sway sentiments and cement biases, rather than actually report.

Yeah, that would have been real easy to find, under "Rants" with a subject line "This shit has got to stop!"

Give me a break - mods will merge if they see fit.

In the meantime, address the topic if you can (you can't - hence the screed) - and settle the hell down.

Oboe
07-21-2016, 11:34 AM
Nor would you ...

So who was shot? Who did the shooting? Why are you all so strangely silent on this?

decedent
07-21-2016, 11:40 AM
Typical BLM racist.

Is there any way we can ignore such people so we don't have to see such crap? I can't find an ignore button (or anything similar) on this site.

stjames1_53

here are the facts...a man from the group home was trying to get a mentally handicapped fellow back in to the home. Someone called 911 to report the autistic holding a gun. The police arrived to find the patient's aid lying on the ground with his hands in the air, trying to explain who and what he was doing and repeatedly told police that the autistic man was in fact holding a toy truck, which can be seen in the video.
They then shot the first fellow, then handcuffed both of them, still finding no gun...........
The man on the ground asked, "Why did you shoot me?"
The cop then replied, "I don't know."
No one was armed except for the cops. No one resisted.
Wanna bet someone files charges against the fellow on the ground for obstruction?

Cigar
So who was shot? Who did the shooting? Why are you all so strangely silent on this?

Doesn't concern you ... move along ...

stjames1_53
07-21-2016, 11:41 AM

see #17

Oboe
07-21-2016, 11:42 AM
Who was shot? Who did the shooting? Why can't you provide these answers? Show me where he was shot and who did it?

The Xl
07-21-2016, 11:42 AM
Should be an attempted murder charge. Most cops aren't bad, but the lawless ones need to start harshly prosecuted.

zelmo1234
07-21-2016, 11:45 AM
So I'm not defending the cop on this one obviously...he shot an unarmed man with his hands raised... What I don't see is intent or malice. I think this cop experienced a negligent discharge. I'm just thankful the guy isn't dead.

I expect this cop will be released from his job at the very least and be facing a civil trial. At worst he could be charged with attempted manslaughter.

It appears that you are correct, but I will say this. unless FL laws are different, the trigger pulls on these weapons are heavy. hard to have a negligent discharge,

So he needs investigation and just losing his job is not enough he needs to be charged with Negligent discharge of a firearm resulting in injury. That will prevent him from getting a job with another police dept.

All facts should be considered, and the right decisions made.

Private Pickle
07-21-2016, 11:49 AM
Should be an attempted murder charge. Most cops aren't bad, but the lawless ones need to start harshly prosecuted.

While I agree I simply don't see an intent to be "lawless". Negligent, yes but no malice.

Private Pickle
07-21-2016, 11:49 AM
It appears that you are correct, but I will say this. unless FL laws are different, the trigger pulls on these weapons are heavy. hard to have a negligent discharge,

So he needs investigation and just losing his job is not enough he needs to be charged with Negligent discharge of a firearm resulting in injury. That will prevent him from getting a job with another police dept.

All facts should be considered, and the right decisions made.

Agreed.

stjames1_53
07-21-2016, 11:57 AM
Who was shot? Who did the shooting? Why can't you provide these answers? Show me where he was shot and who did it?

dude, it has been explained at least three times in here...take a risk, and go read the article and watch the vid....................before you respond with more uninformed posts

Cletus
07-21-2016, 11:58 AM

If he was using a Glock, and he probably was, the factory trigger pull is five and a half pounds. Most states do not require their LEOs to be subjected to the infamous "New York trigger pull".

Oboe
07-21-2016, 12:00 PM
dude, it has been explained at least three times in here...take a risk, and go read the article and watch the vid....................before you respond with more uninformed posts

I've yet to see any official statement on this shooting. When I do then I will have my answers. I, unlike many others, will wait until the facts are in before coming to a conclusion.

Safety
07-21-2016, 12:01 PM
I know there are alot of black americans that really appreciate having a video camera....

zelmo1234
07-21-2016, 12:04 PM
Is there any way we can ignore such people so we don't have to see such crap? I can't find an ignore button (or anything similar) on this site.

Click on the persons name and when you are on their page you can select to ignore them

zelmo1234
07-21-2016, 12:06 PM

That would require intent, and that is going to be a tuff sell to a jury. And it might not be the case, If you go with negligent discharge of a firearm causing bodily harm, you will make it stick and the Feds can add a felon firearm charge and he would get 5 years no parole.

zelmo1234
07-21-2016, 12:07 PM
I know there are alot of black americans that really appreciate having a video camera....

Is the shooting on the video???? I did not see it, but Could have missed it????

Cigar
07-21-2016, 12:17 PM

Won't change any deniers minds :laugh:

Safety
07-21-2016, 12:22 PM
Hubble captured it.

OGIS
07-21-2016, 12:30 PM
I suggest you review my first two comments in this thread.

You're points are rational and probably a large part of the problem. But that would be no fun at all, and no ammo for the continuing RWNJ obsession with the Kenyan Marxist Atheist Muslim jaywalker. So I'll wait for someone to seriously suggest that the police "thugs" we have grown to know and love are simply helpless victims of evil brainwashing by false flag operatives of the Master Manipulator.

Come on now, is the above actually more or less probable than Sandy Hook being "crisis actors"?

Mini Me
07-21-2016, 01:05 PM

Good for you! Were there any liberals on the force?
Or were they all RWNJ's like you? THAT may be the whole problem!

The Xl
07-21-2016, 01:05 PM
While I agree I simply don't see an intent to be "lawless". Negligent, yes but no malice.
Far too easy to hide behind negligence. Real criminal prosecutions are necessary. This isn't the fucking wild west

Private Pickle
07-21-2016, 01:11 PM
Far too easy to hide behind negligence. Real criminal prosecutions are necessary. This isn't the fucking wild west

You don't charge someone to simply prosecute them as an example. You charge them with the crime they supposedly are guilty with. Negligent discharges happen.

nathanbforrest45
07-21-2016, 01:12 PM
Never enough threads to keep the fires going.

nathanbforrest45
07-21-2016, 01:14 PM

The facts

The Xl
07-21-2016, 01:17 PM
You don't charge someone to simply prosecute them as an example. You charge them with the crime they supposedly are guilty with. Negligent discharges happen.

He shot him. He probably meant to shoot him. No more get off the hook free cards. It's quite enough. Most cops don't do stuff like this, but the ones that do nearly always get off scot free. It's quite enough.

Private Pickle
07-21-2016, 01:22 PM
He shot him. He probably meant to shoot him. No more get off the hook free cards. It's quite enough. Most cops don't do stuff like this, but the ones that do nearly always get off scot free. It's quite enough.

I don't see that in the video. Like I said...I see a negligent discharge, not an attempted murder...I don't believe there was intent there. The investigation will show whether or not there was intent but something tells me it will deliver none. The cop will lose his job and will be sued along with the city and county.

The Xl
07-21-2016, 01:24 PM
I don't see that in the video. Like I said...I see a negligent discharge, not an attempted murder...I don't believe there was intent there. The investigation will show whether or not there was intent but something tells me it will deliver none. The cop will lose his job and will be sued along with the city and county.

It's far too easy to deny intent as a cop. They have far too many excuses that most civilians don't get to use.

OGIS
07-21-2016, 01:34 PM
It was my experience that the hiring standards have declined and the training provided before throwing these guys out onto the streets has declined as well. But then, I'm only going on my experience.

Regarding the decline in training, what do you think is the cause of that?

Private Pickle
07-21-2016, 01:37 PM
It's far too easy to deny intent as a cop. They have far too many excuses that most civilians don't get to use.
Naturally but in this case I think it applies.

Common
07-21-2016, 01:42 PM
This is what happens when you murder police and have crowds of people and groups tell them they are going to kill them. Its going to happen alot more. You reap what you sow

Private Pickle
07-21-2016, 01:44 PM
This is what happens when you murder police and have crowds of people and groups tell them they are going to kill them. Its going to happen alot more. You reap what you sow

No it isn't. This guy didn't kill any cops.

AeonPax
07-21-2016, 01:44 PM
`
`
I'd try that cop for first degree, attempted murder.

Cletus
07-21-2016, 01:54 PM
`
`

In which case, you would have to prove intent.

Probably not going to happen.

AeonPax
07-21-2016, 02:00 PM
In which case, you would have to prove intent. Probably not going to happen.
`
You are right, in this instance, it would be a waste of tax payer dollars. As is, with a pending lawsuit coming from this incident, the tax payers are going to have to pay either way for such incompetence.

stjames1_53
07-21-2016, 02:49 PM

the actual shot fired by the officer in question, admitted his "discharge" of his service pistol, but that portion wasn't recorded. Oboe doesn't believe it even happened..............he's going to find a way to spin it that the fellow shot was resisting at the very least.... and had a weapon at the worst...............

stjames1_53
07-21-2016, 02:51 PM
`
`

You have to prove "Intent" ........ Fog of War doesn't count as Intent

exotix
07-21-2016, 02:54 PM
Cop massacre to follow.

Oboe
07-21-2016, 04:12 PM
the actual shot fired by the officer in question, admitted his "discharge" of his service pistol, but that portion wasn't recorded. @Oboe (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1977) doesn't believe it even happened..............he's going to find a way to spin it that the fellow shot was resisting at the very least.... and had a weapon at the worst...............

No what Oboe believes is that he will wait for the official investigation to complete before concluding what would be done about this, unlike the rest of you.

Oboe
07-21-2016, 04:13 PM
Cop massacre to follow.

Gives you wood doesn't it?

stjames1_53
07-21-2016, 04:15 PM
No what Oboe believes is that he will wait for the official investigation to complete before concluding what would be done about this, unlike the rest of you idiots.

the cop admitted he shot the guy,,sheesh......then as a matter of record said he did not know why...................
waiting for your spin, Oboe.............you're going to find a way to blame the guy shot, even though the cop admitted to doing it.............

stjames1_53
07-21-2016, 04:16 PM
Gives you wood doesn't it?

are you a cross-over from Trin's cop site?

Oboe
07-21-2016, 04:37 PM
the cop admitted he shot the guy,,sheesh......then as a matter of record said he did not know why...................
waiting for your spin, Oboe.............you're going to find a way to blame the guy shot, even though the cop admitted to doing it.............

These is no spin if you wait until the OFFICIAL investigation is complete. Jumping to conclusions is what got the police in Dallas murdered.

Mac-7
07-21-2016, 05:11 PM
A cop is 18 1/2 times more likely to shot by a black man than an unarmed black man shot by police.

but in this case the black guy seems credible to me.

Peter1469
07-21-2016, 05:15 PM
He was attempting to help an autistic man holding a toy truck.

Q: Why did you shoot me officer?
A: I don't know

Defend this one only if you dare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i882k91sHo

Notice: Duplicate threads merged. Descriptive title picked for the thread.

Peter1469
07-21-2016, 05:17 PM
That's exactly right -- they're humans, not automatons.

They're not adequately screened or trained in many cases, which would cost taxpayers a lot more money. If we raise their wages, more would apply and departments would have a larger group from which to choose.

I am not advocating for automatons. Rather for police who don't succumb to the fight or flight response. Or at least the ones we allow to carry weapons.

Peter1469
07-21-2016, 05:18 PM
This is an understandable murder. The officer is only human, after all. Besides we don't know the black guy's history. Not only that, but look at how dark he is; a bit too dark to be innocent.

He is alive. Hit in the leg. Read/watch, understand, then post. You failed at the first two.

zelmo1234
07-21-2016, 05:33 PM
Hubble captured it.

That is nice, All I was asking is if the shooting is on the video and it is not!! So we really don't know what happened.

But it is clearly something that should not have happened.

zelmo1234
07-21-2016, 05:36 PM
Far too easy to hide behind negligence. Real criminal prosecutions are necessary. This isn't the $#@!ing wild west

That depends on what happened. Hopefully that officers have body cams so we can see. If it was an accidental discharge then Negligent discharge resulting in bodily harm with a felony Firearm added would be sufficient.

That would send a strong message and assure that the person is never an officer again.

zelmo1234
07-21-2016, 05:37 PM

If he meant to shoot him, then you have a case. And I agree that he should be prosecuted. We don't know that yet.

And do you have a list of these officers that have gotten off scot free?

zelmo1234
07-21-2016, 05:38 PM
Cop massacre to follow.

I am sure that you are hoping that is the case.

Tahuyaman
07-21-2016, 05:39 PM
You're points are rational and probably a large part of the problem. But that would be no fun at all, and no ammo for the continuing RWNJ obsession with the Kenyan Marxist Atheist Muslim jaywalker. So I'll wait for someone to seriously suggest that the police "thugs" we have grown to know and love are simply helpless victims of evil brainwashing by false flag operatives of the Master Manipulator.

Come on now, is the above actually more or less probable than Sandy Hook being "crisis actors"?

Youre just a malcontent trying to start an argument. You ruin your own thread.

Tahuyaman
07-21-2016, 05:40 PM

shut up you freaking nit-wit...

zelmo1234
07-21-2016, 05:41 PM

If he intended to fire the gun, then that is really troubling. and he has to be held accountable. they should be bring charges. Now if he intended to fire and intended to shoot him in the leg. that is not Homicide. but it is not negligence either. Not sure what the charge should be, peter would likely know.

FindersKeepers
07-21-2016, 06:55 PM
I am not advocating for automatons. Rather for police who don't succumb to the fight or flight response. Or at least the ones we allow to carry weapons.

I understand what you're advocating but I wonder if their poor shooting ability plays into the equation.

Perhaps not for all officers, but hear me out...

My daughter is in law enforcement and she'll bring various officers and deputies out here (to our place) to target shoot at times. Everyone's gracious and has a good time, but these guys are BAD shots. I kid you not. Perhaps because they only have an indoor range? We have a bank, numerous targets and courses, so perhaps they don't get enough of a variety of training? I don't have a clue, but I'm always hoping they never get in a shootout.

When you mentioned, "...the ones we allow to carry weapons," that's the first thing I thought of -- these guys probably ought not be carrying.

Have you ever run across this?

Safety
07-21-2016, 07:04 PM
I understand what you're advocating but I wonder if their poor shooting ability plays into the equation.

Perhaps not for all officers, but hear me out...

My daughter is in law enforcement and she'll bring various officers and deputies out here (to our place) to target shoot at times. Everyone's gracious and has a good time, but these guys are BAD shots. I kid you not. Perhaps because they only have an indoor range? We have a bank, numerous targets and courses, so perhaps they don't get enough of a variety of training? I don't have a clue, but I'm always hoping they never get in a shootout.

When you mentioned, "...the ones we allow to carry weapons," that's the first thing I thought of -- these guys probably ought not be carrying.

Have you ever run across this?

Mall cops.

Tahuyaman
07-21-2016, 07:13 PM

He gave a pretty remarkable interview today...... Seeing that he's dead anyway.

Dr. Who
07-21-2016, 07:33 PM
One thing that struck me about this is that police seem to take every crack-pot report of someone with a gun as if it is the absolute truth and respond accordingly. Now the person reporting could be simply malicious or could be someone who sees anything in anyone's hands as a gun. They might have terrible eyesight. Since Florida is a concealed carry and in certain circumstances can open carry and there is a movement to make it an open carry state, what will happen when the visually challenged or panic-stricken start calling in that someone has a weapon when half the population is walking around with unconcealed weapons?

Mac-7
07-21-2016, 08:13 PM
One thing that struck me about this is that police seem to take every crack-pot report of someone with a gun as if it is the absolute truth and respond accordingly. Now the person reporting could be simply malicious or could be someone who sees anything in anyone's hands as a gun. They might have terrible eyesight. Since Florida is a concealed carry and in certain circumstances can open carry and there is a movement to make it an open carry state, what will happen when the visually challenged or panic-stricken start calling in that someone has a weapon when half the population is walking around with unconcealed weapons?

I said the man sounds credible.

but the cop haters still have only his side of the story

Subdermal
07-21-2016, 08:23 PM
Yeah, that would have been real easy to find, under "Rants" with a subject line "This $#@! has got to stop!"

Give me a break - mods will merge if they see fit.

In the meantime, address the topic if you can (you can't - hence the screed) - and settle the hell down.

Read my post again, mushroom. My post was about the topic.

Private Pickle
07-21-2016, 08:34 PM

It comes with their Obama phone!

Oh come on have a sense of humor!

Private Pickle
07-21-2016, 08:36 PM

Did you just suggest the cops become selective with how they respond to reports of people with guns?

Dr. Who
07-21-2016, 09:00 PM
Did you just suggest the cops become selective with how they respond to reports of people with guns?
I think there needs to be some protocol other than hiding behind a car weapons trained before it is even determined that there is even a gun.

zelmo1234
07-21-2016, 09:15 PM

He doesn't have one. And this Gentle Snowflake is easily offended

Private Pickle
07-21-2016, 10:10 PM
I think there needs to be some protocol other than hiding behind a car weapons trained before it is even determined that there is even a gun.

What would you suggest? Keeping in mind of course of recent events.

Dr. Who
07-21-2016, 10:25 PM
What would you suggest? Keeping in mind of course of recent events.
How about just surveilling the suspects at a distance using a pair of binoculars to see whether there is any evidence of a gun?

Private Pickle
07-21-2016, 10:48 PM
How about just surveilling the suspects at a distance using a pair of binoculars to see whether there is any evidence of a gun?

That would be a great idea but how many times did the public come down on the police for not ending s threat sooner?

Dr. Who
07-21-2016, 11:21 PM
That would be a great idea but how many times did the public come down on the police for not ending s threat sooner?
If there are shots fired, it is an entirely different gambit, but if it is some random call regarding someone who might have a gun, I think that there is time to a) make sure that they have a weapon before treating them like spree killers and b) ensure that if they do have what appears to be a weapon, that it isn't a toy or that they don't have a reasonable reason for having it, if it is a weapon. What happened to asking a suspect to throw the weapon or whatever appears to be a weapon a distance away? Too many innocent people are being treated like criminals, when they are anything but and they are getting injured or killed nonetheless.

If there is not a change, then don't walk down the street with a carbon steel ratchet with a socket attached in your hands, because it might look like a gun to some paranoid lady or man that spends their days peering out the window with 911 on speed dial looking for anyone who they don't know and don't think belong in the neighborhood.

The police cannot afford to be totally reactionary without ultimately alienating the public. They need to be better judges of behavior and body language and take a couple of minutes to make sure that that they are not the victims of erroneous reports. Killing innocent people creates distrust and fear in the minds of the public.

OGIS
07-22-2016, 12:17 AM

Interesting. A good psychiatrist or psychologist - or William Shakespeare - would have a field day with your emotional response there. I do believe that the good doctor hit a nerve there....

Ideologically-motivated police are rarely good for the body politic. Social experiments in Europe in the 1920's-1930's proved that fairly conclusively.

OGIS
07-22-2016, 12:30 AM

Actually, no it doesn't. At least in my case, with Access Wireless, my Reagan-phone (the program WAS started under that notorious Commie Sochulist President Reagan) Lifeline phone is essentially a bare-bones cell phone. I get a phone connection, messaging, voice mail, and that's just about it. No camera, no Internet connection, no memo function to remind me when to drink my Starbucks gay-semen latte. It has less features than the $5 disposable Tracphones you can buy at the local supermarket.

IOW, just the stuff that a member of the Precariat needs to try and keep competitive in terms of getting and keeping a job.

donttread
07-22-2016, 08:09 AM
One way or another.

So not only is our treatment of the mentally ill a national shame , now we shoot those who are at least trying to help them. Holy shit!

Cigar
07-22-2016, 08:52 AM
Wait! You mean to tell me you Shot the Wrong Guy .... WTF? :huh:

Police accidentally shot man, says unionThe police shooting of an African-American caregiver, who was lying in the street trying to help an autism patient, was accidental, according to the local police union representing the North Miami officer.

The officer had intended to shoot the patient, whom he thought posed a danger, but accidentally shot the caregiver instead, said John Rivera, the President of the Dade County Police Benevolent Association.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/21/us/miami-officer-involved-shooting/index.html

So the Cops really meant to shoot the Unarmed Autistic Guy ...

Bad Policing ...
Bad Tactics ...
Bad Shot ...
Really Bad Spin ...

Please try to defend this ... I'm just dying to hear this spin :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Private Pickle
07-22-2016, 09:00 AM
If there are shots fired, it is an entirely different gambit, but if it is some random call regarding someone who might have a gun, I think that there is time to a) make sure that they have a weapon before treating them like spree killers and b) ensure that if they do have what appears to be a weapon, that it isn't a toy or that they don't have a reasonable reason for having it, if it is a weapon. What happened to asking a suspect to throw the weapon or whatever appears to be a weapon a distance away? Too many innocent people are being treated like criminals, when they are anything but and they are getting injured or killed nonetheless.

If there is not a change, then don't walk down the street with a carbon steel ratchet with a socket attached in your hands, because it might look like a gun to some paranoid lady or man that spends their days peering out the window with 911 on speed dial looking for anyone who they don't know and don't think belong in the neighborhood.

The police cannot afford to be totally reactionary without ultimately alienating the public. They need to be better judges of behavior and body language and take a couple of minutes to make sure that that they are not the victims of erroneous reports. Killing innocent people creates distrust and fear in the minds of the public.

Personally I think the public should be educated on the ONE standard response expected from the police when there is a gun involved.

Private Pickle
07-22-2016, 09:05 AM
Actually, no it doesn't. At least in my case, with Access Wireless, my Reagan-phone (the program WAS started under that notorious Commie Sochulist President Reagan) Lifeline phone is essentially a bare-bones cell phone. I get a phone connection, messaging, voice mail, and that's just about it. No camera, no Internet connection, no memo function to remind me when to drink my Starbucks gay-semen latte. It has less features than the $5 disposable Tracphones you can buy at the local supermarket.

IOW, just the stuff that a member of the Precariat needs to try and keep competitive in terms of getting and keeping a job.

Education is your first step...

Cigar
07-22-2016, 09:06 AM
Personally I think the public should be educated on the ONE standard response expected from the police when there is a gun involved.

Comply ...

Lie on Back
Put Hands Up
Follow Orders

.... Still get Shot ... Education received ... now make adjustments

Private Pickle
07-22-2016, 09:09 AM
Comply ...

Lie on Back
Put Hands Up
Follow Orders

.... Still get Shot ... Education received ... now make adjustments

Education and huge settlement from the city, county and individual. Money is how we compensate for an injustice... I know you'd personally like to hang the cop that accidently shot the guy and do it in such a manner to make it a statement to white people but that just isn't gonna happen...sorry...

Cigar
07-22-2016, 09:14 AM
Education and huge settlement from the city, county and individual. Money is how we compensate for an injustice... I know you'd personally like to hang the cop that accidently shot the guy and do it in such a manner to make it a statement to white people but that just isn't gonna happen...sorry...

Hang the Cop ... ? WTF are you talking about?

The Cop should be a Trained Professional ... NOT SHOOTING UNARMED PEOPLE ... lying on their Back with their hands up.

So tell me ... Why The F'ck was the Cop trying to Shoot someone sitting on the ground with their legs crossed?

WTF ... are you F'cking Blind?

This Cop sould have his Gun taken away from him and sent back to School

Private Pickle
07-22-2016, 09:17 AM
Hang the Cop ... ? WTF are you talking about?

The Cop should be a Trained Professional ... NOT SHOOTING UNARMED PEOPLE ... lying on their Back with their hands up.

So tell me ... Why The F'ck was the Cop trying to Shoot someone sitting on the ground with their legs crossed?

WTF ... are you F'cking Blind?

This Cop sould have his Gun taken away from him and sent back to School

Hence the settlement...are you slow?

Safety
07-22-2016, 09:31 AM

Police accidentally shot man, says unionThe police shooting of an African-American caregiver, who was lying in the street trying to help an autism patient, was accidental, according to the local police union representing the North Miami officer.

The officer had intended to shoot the patient, whom he thought posed a danger, but accidentally shot the caregiver instead, said John Rivera, the President of the Dade County Police Benevolent Association.

Bad Policing ...
Bad Tactics ...
Bad Shot ...
Really Bad Spin ...

I wonder how hard the decision would have been if the autistic man was black also....

Cigar
07-22-2016, 09:33 AM
I wonder how hard the decision would have been if the autistic man was black also....

Probably would be still shooting ...

Bo-4

LoL - such a great debater .. yer a pig in slop!

Tahuyaman

Which he refuses to take.

Private Pickle
07-22-2016, 09:54 AM
Which he refuses to take.

Which is why he reaps what he sows.

zelmo1234
07-22-2016, 09:59 AM

Police accidentally shot man, says union

The police shooting of an African-American caregiver, who was lying in the street trying to help an autism patient, was accidental, according to the local police union representing the North Miami officer.

Bad Policing ...
Bad Tactics ...
Bad Shot ...
Really Bad Spin ...

That certainly does not make the situation better, I am even more concerned now.

This is a strange situation to say the least.

Tahuyaman
07-22-2016, 10:03 AM
Unfortunately today, the isolated incident will be presented as the norm.

Subdermal
07-22-2016, 10:30 AM

The police shooting of an African-American caregiver, who was lying in the street trying to help an autism patient, was accidental, according to the local police union representing the North Miami officer.

Bad Policing ...
Bad Tactics ...
Bad Shot ...
Really Bad Spin ...

I'm not sure why hearing spin - spin I don't see from any source - is more important to you than simply understanding that this was an incompetent cop.

1. He's a terrible shot.

2. He's a terrible judge of situational threats.

3. He's an idiot.

4. He'll probably lose his job, and the NMPD - North Miami itself - is probably going to lose several million dollars in a civil lawsuit.

End of story. There is no help here for your underlying agenda.

Safety
07-22-2016, 10:35 AM
There would be no need for an underlying agenda if it didnt require a video everytime to show how some cops should not be cops....

Face it, if there was no video, the comments from the right would be how this guy should have just complied and he would not have been shot.

OGIS
07-22-2016, 11:12 AM

Couldn't really see on the pic I saw, but he looked Mexican. So that would be OK too, right?

OGIS
07-22-2016, 11:16 AM

Yep.

This is common knowledge. How can you not be aware of it?

"Acting Federal Communications Commission Chairwoman Mignon Clyburn forcefully defended her agency's phone subsidy program for the poor in a speech on Thursday.

Conservative critics have claimed the FCC's Lifeline program is a wasteful government handout and referred to it as the "Obamaphone" program.

"Here’s the truth. The Lifeline program long predates the current administration," Clyburn said in the speech at the New America Foundation. "It was actually created during the Reagan administration, so let's give credit where credit is due. The Lifeline program is a legacy President Reagan could be proud of."

Congress first enacted the Lifeline program in 1985, and the FCC expanded the program to cover cellphone service in 2005 during the George W. Bush administration.

The program pays for phone service, not the phones themselves. But many companies that receive funding through the program offer free and low-cost phones to their subscribers.

http://thehill.com/policy/technology/322041-fcc-chief-reagan-could-be-proud-of-obamaphone-program

Private Pickle
07-22-2016, 11:20 AM
Yep.

This is common knowledge. How can you not be aware of it?

Probably for the same reason that you haven't realized that the original statement was in jest.

Safety
07-22-2016, 11:58 AM
Couldn't really see on the pic I saw, but he looked Mexican. So that would be OK too, right?

There's a hierarchy, supposedly.

donttread
07-22-2016, 04:15 PM

Bad Policing ...
Bad Tactics ...
Bad Shot ...
Really Bad Spin ...

That's fucking incredable. So their defence is literally "we were trying to kill the clearly mentally ill man instead, our bad?" Fucking incredable. How can you not percieve a level of mental or organic brain illness so high that the guy needs a caregiver? How devoid of perception would those cops have to be? Then to top it all off they apparently can't shoot either!
Let me go out on a limb and predict that they were townies.

maineman
07-22-2016, 10:40 PM
Did you just suggest the cops become selective with how they respond to reports of people with guns?not at all. When the policeman arrives at the scene, and is confronted with an autistic person with a toy truck, and a mental health worker whose sole focus was protecting the life of the autistic patient, who, oddly enough, just happens to be black, but who realizes that, nationally, it hasn't been a really good year for negro folks versus white cops, so he lays down on his back with his arms up in the air, and the white cop goes ahead and shoots the unarmed negro with his arms up anyway... And people question the legitimacy of the BLM movement???

Yeah.... We really ARE color blind in America, ain't we?

Peter1469
07-22-2016, 10:42 PM
Bad police doesn't justify racist blacks.

OGIS
07-23-2016, 01:19 AM

Do bad blacks justify racist cops?

Peter1469
07-23-2016, 01:34 AM

Nope. That would be a stupid conclusion.

Why did you come to it?

Cletus
07-23-2016, 01:51 AM
not at all. When the policeman arrives at the scene, and is confronted with an autistic person with a toy truck, and a mental health worker whose sole focus was protecting the life of the autistic patient, who, oddly enough, just happens to be black, but who realizes that, nationally, it hasn't been a really good year for negro folks versus white cops, so he lays down on his back with his arms up in the air, and the white cop goes ahead and shoots the unarmed negro with his arms up anyway... And people question the legitimacy of the BLM movement???

You are supposing he shot him BECAUSE he is Black.

What evidence do you have to support that?

Dr. Who
07-23-2016, 02:08 AM
I think that the reality of the situation is almost worse - the officer was targeting the autistic guy and hit the mental health caretaker because he was a terrible shot. I don't see this as a racist issue, but one of incredible incompetence on many levels.

The first issue was the presumption that the person that called in the report was even credible.

The second issue was the commander telling the officers (who were on scene) that the autistic guy was loading a weapon - where the heck did that utterly erroneous info come from?

The third issue is that the officers at the scene should have been able to tell if someone was loading a weapon, but took the word of someone who wasn't even present, without question.

The fourth issue is that absent any visual confirmation, an officer decided to shoot.

The fifth issue is that he couldn't hit the broad-side of a barn if he was aiming for it. If he could, he probably would have killed yet another person with mental health issues who wasn't doing anything threatening to anyone.

This should go into the books as an example of amazing incompetence in policing and the need to actually vet reports from the pubic and to ensure that police officers have training wrt people who have mental health issues. It also highlights the need for investigation before the storm troopers are sent in because it is apparent that the uniforms are not capable of really making a risk assessment.

Common
07-23-2016, 05:41 AM
Start a war on police, kill them, tell them you hate them and are going to kill them.

Live with it, you reap what you sow.

stjames1_53
07-23-2016, 06:18 AM
a different class of criminal exists today. We, as a society, have to deal with vicious gangs unlike what we have seen in the past. The level of violence they present requires a different method of "handling" this problem.
That being said, this over-flows into the other side of the citizenry. People who are not so inclined to commit violence often experience the same treatment afforded to the most violent.
Roadside civil forfeiture has become the norm. Folks can now be stripped of their possessions without Due Process, or even being charged. The latest is debit card seizures. OK is trying to find a way around having their hands tied when seizing this honey pot. Your cash, credit cards have become the latest targets as well as cash.
False charging and subsequent violations of Due Process are quickly becoming the new norm for many police being visited upon the innocent. It all harkens back to the day of King George and how his troops dealt with the colonists.
Not all cops are guilty of this, but there is enough activity to cause a sincere rise in concern in certain communities.
Race is being used as a cause. But I doubt that really is the case. More white Americans are killed than by cops blacks, but we are being force-fed this agenda as if it wee true. If you listened to BLM, one would think that only blacks are being killed.
More blacks are killed by blacks than any other group. Having found no stats on how many Latinos are killed by Latinos, or Asian on Asian does not exempt them from being included.
No one remembers who and when this war started, but it appears there is a war going on, and middle class America, those not inclined to commit criminal acts, are being caught in the middle.
It just isn't a war on cops, anymore.
I predicted over 2 years ago, on another forum, that this was going to happen. More cops dying is only going to ramp up to a boiling point. More citizens are being affected, and rebellion brews, with cops being the cannon fodder in the initial stages. This gives the government the chance opportunity to employ further measures.
Either way, it just doesn't look good for America.

maineman
07-23-2016, 08:45 AM
You are supposing he shot him BECAUSE he is Black.

What evidence do you have to support that?

I never said he shot him because he was black. I said it just so happened that he was black... and he was unarmed... and his hands were up... and the cop shot him anyway.... and, after a while, blacks start to feel like they're in a bit of danger. I mean, seriously... this guy is lying down... his hands are in the air.... he isn't moving.... he's obviously not a threat... he's talking to the cop.... and the cop just goes ahead and shoots him anyway. you can't make this shit up.

kilgram
07-23-2016, 08:47 AM

Why did you come to it?

Because a lot of police is clearly biased against black and show some racism against them.

Common
07-23-2016, 09:06 AM
Because a lot of police is clearly biased against black and show some racism against them.

lol youre a real treat

Subdermal
07-23-2016, 09:13 AM
There would be no need for an underlying agenda if it didnt require a video everytime to show how some cops should not be cops....

An underlying agenda doesn't merit discussion unless incidents are used to attempt to foster an illegitimate narrative. There are many examples of exactly that.

Face it, if there was no video, the comments from the right would be how this guy should have just complied and he would not have been shot.

No one on the right believes cops do not make mistakes at times; that there are not bad cops as well. Every incident demands case-by-case analysis. I am still not convinced, for instance, that the Minneapolis incident has been fully investigated and reported.

Have you seen any further reporting on it?

OGIS
07-23-2016, 09:31 AM

Why did you come to it?

I'm really surprised by this, Peter. You're a lawyer? Really? Based on your performances on this forum that seems highly problematical:

Point the first: it was not a conclusion; it was a question, as clearly shown by the question mark.

Point the second: the declarative that would be associated with that question, were one to take that step, would be precisely equivalent to your somewhat English-mangled statement that "Bad police doesn't [sic] justify racist blacks" except that the players are exactly reversed (always an excellent method of uncovering bullchit statements).

I hope for your employer's sake that they keep you away from arguing in courtrooms.

Private Pickle
07-23-2016, 12:22 PM
not at all. When the policeman arrives at the scene, and is confronted with an autistic person with a toy truck, and a mental health worker whose sole focus was protecting the life of the autistic patient, who, oddly enough, just happens to be black, but who realizes that, nationally, it hasn't been a really good year for negro folks versus white cops, so he lays down on his back with his arms up in the air, and the white cop goes ahead and shoots the unarmed negro with his arms up anyway... And people question the legitimacy of the BLM movement???

BLM exists because of spinning scenarios in the same manner you just did....

OGIS
07-23-2016, 01:03 PM
BLM exists because of spinning scenarios in the same manner you just did....

What, exactly, was "spun" in his statement?

Private Pickle
07-23-2016, 01:20 PM
What, exactly, was "spun" in his statement?

The implication was that this was a intentional event.

maineman
07-23-2016, 01:21 PM
The implication was that this was a intentional event.
and we know it was not, because the cop said so. Cops are assumed to be telling the truth, but black perps are not. got it.

Private Pickle
07-23-2016, 01:23 PM
and we know it was not, because the cop said so. Cops are assumed to be telling the truth, but black perps are not. got it.

No we don't know. That's the point. You're spinning intent when you really don't know if there was any...

maineman
07-23-2016, 01:33 PM
No we don't know. That's the point. You're spinning intent when you really don't know if there was any...

is the black guy who had his arms up in the air any less shot?

Private Pickle
07-23-2016, 01:38 PM
is the black guy who had his arms up in the air any less shot?

Derp. You must think there will be no repercussions for this cop....funny...

maineman
07-23-2016, 01:39 PM
Derp. You must think there will be no repercussions for this cop....funny...

will he be shot?

Private Pickle
07-23-2016, 01:41 PM
will he be shot?

Man eye for an eye kinda guy huh? No we stopped cruel and unusual punishment quite some time ago.

maineman
07-23-2016, 01:42 PM
ya see...the thing is... now that people have cell phones that can record little movies, there are all sorts of little movies being made showing white cops shooting, and killing black folks. And it seems to me that in nearly every instance, the cop is presumed to be in the right and the black person is presumed to have deserved the shooting/beating that they got at the hands of the perfectly justified cop. It just is starting to seem like a broken record to me.

another one today:

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/austin-cops-assault-teacher/

maineman
07-23-2016, 01:45 PM
Man eye for an eye kinda guy huh? No we stopped cruel and unusual punishment quite some time ago.

will he lose his job and his right to carry a firearm?

maineman
07-23-2016, 01:47 PM

we did? I would suggest that being shot by a law enforcement officer while laying down with one's hands up is pretty fucking cruel.... and, unfortunately, not all that unusual.

Private Pickle
07-23-2016, 01:51 PM
will he lose his job and his right to carry a firearm?

Dunno. My guess he will lose his job however; won't be convicted of a felony. He will be sued along with the city and county but will retain his 2nd Amendment rights.

Private Pickle
07-23-2016, 01:52 PM
we did? I would suggest that being shot by a law enforcement officer while laying down with one's hands up is pretty fucking cruel.... and, unfortunately, not all that unusual.

Again spinning intent and in this case punitive actions.

OGIS
07-23-2016, 01:53 PM

The cognitive bias is strong in that one. Argument is useless; his armor is impervious.

This is why we can't have nice things.

OGIS
07-23-2016, 01:56 PM
ya see...the thing is... now that people have cell phones that can record little movies, there are all sorts of little movies being made showing white cops shooting, and killing black folks. And it seems to me that in nearly every instance, the cop is presumed to be in the right and the black person is presumed to have deserved the shooting/beating that they got at the hands of the perfectly justified cop. It just is starting to seem like a broken record to me.

another one today:

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/austin-cops-assault-teacher/

Jesus. Farking. Christ.

maineman
07-23-2016, 02:38 PM
Jesus. Farking. Christ.

Isn't that just disgustingly unbelievable?