PDA

View Full Version : I am not in the habit of supporting people who attack my wife and attack my father

Cigar
07-21-2016, 12:00 PM
Cruz defends distance from Trump: I won't be 'servile puppy'Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) on Thursday morning defended distancing himself from Donald Trump, refusing to say he’s voting for Trump and ripping the Republican National Convention’s response to his speech the night before.

Speaking to Texas’s delegation at the convention at a Thursday breakfast, Cruz said his pledge to support the GOP’s eventual nominee was “abrogated” when the campaign between Trump and him became personal.

“I am not in the habit of supporting people who attack my wife and attack my father,” he said.

"Neither he nor his campaign has taken back a word of what they said about my family,” Cruz added, his voice rising. He was referring to Trump floating rumors alleging his father was involved in the assassination of President John F. Kennedy and retweeted a disparaging picture of Cruz's wife, Heidi.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/288645-cruz-wont-say-whether-hes-voting-for-trump

Some People have Long Memories :wink: and I can't blame him on this ...

If you F'ck with my family you'll become my Pet-Project to focus on for Life.

Oboe
07-21-2016, 12:01 PM
If he's gonna say all that, he never should have spoke.

zelmo1234
07-21-2016, 12:02 PM
Well he just has proven that he was not fit to be the President, so it is a good thing that he did not get the nomination.

I agree with him on a lot of things, but he can no longer be trusted.

Chloe
07-21-2016, 12:08 PM
Good for him. Family comes before a disgusting politician

MisterVeritis
07-21-2016, 12:11 PM
Good for him. Family comes before a disgusting politician
It did show that Cruz will never be the president.

Cruz attempted to stab Trump in the back for personal reasons. It will backfire. It has backfired.

Chloe
07-21-2016, 12:16 PM

Cruz attempted to stab Trump in the back for personal reasons. It will backfire. It has backfired.

Bleh

Cigar
07-21-2016, 12:20 PM
Well he just has proven that he was not fit to be the President, so it is a good thing that he did not get the nomination.

I agree with him on a lot of things, but he can no longer be trusted.

:laugh: and it only took him attacking Donald for you to realize that?

Cigar
07-21-2016, 12:21 PM

There were an awful lot of people here supporting him a few months ago :laugh:

Chloe
07-21-2016, 12:23 PM

I'm sure those same people now refer to Trump as Mr. Trump as well. It's usually the tell tale sign of someone that has kissed the ring.

MisterVeritis
07-21-2016, 12:24 PM

For Cruz, adversity revealed his character.

Can Cruz ever recover? Sure. But he will never again be considered for a higher office. Will he be voted out of the Senate? I don't know.

Cigar
07-21-2016, 12:25 PM
I feel sorry for Cruz's wife ... I wonder if she has to travel in separate cars :laugh:

Cigar
07-21-2016, 12:26 PM

Can Cruz ever recover? Sure. But he will never again be considered for a higher office. Will he be voted out of the Senate? I don't know.

Voters have long memories also ...

Chloe
07-21-2016, 12:26 PM

You are only, only saying that because you are full in for Trump.

Common
07-21-2016, 12:27 PM
Personally Im glad cruz shot his wad, he reeked of phony and opportunist to me. Texas will re elect him they have a habit of electing the biggest mouth around

MisterVeritis
07-21-2016, 12:30 PM

You are confused. My support for Trump did not require that Cruz commit suicide on a national stage. Cruz needs to quietly go away.

Chloe
07-21-2016, 12:31 PM

You are confused. My support for Trump did not require that Cruz commit suicide on a national stage. Cruz needs to quietly go away.

I'm not confused. You are all in for Trump, that's just fact.

Polecat
07-21-2016, 12:38 PM

You don't even begin to understand the ramifications of the alternative. Hillary is going to shred the constitution if she is given the chance. Anyone that has any desire left for the United States to survive would vote for Bozo the clown before letting the most vile and corrupt person ever to run for president to have that chance.

MisterVeritis
07-21-2016, 12:39 PM

Your confusion, which is evident, is in the first part of your statement.

Of course, I fully support Trump. I love this country and despise what Obama and Crooked Hillary have done to it and will continue to do to it.

My analysis of the Cruz suicide is based on Cruz's actions.

Chloe
07-21-2016, 12:46 PM
You don't even begin to understand the ramifications of the alternative. Hillary is going to shred the constitution if she is given the chance. Anyone that has any desire left for the United States to survive would vote for Bozo the clown before letting the most vile and corrupt person ever to run for president to have that chance.

I don't vote out of fear or by buying into hyperbole. I vote based on how closely a candidate mirrors my beliefs and my wants for the country. Therefore I'm voting for the same person I voted for four years ago during my first presidential election, Dr. Jill Stein.

CreepyOldDude
07-21-2016, 12:52 PM
I never thought I'd ever write this, but good for Cruz.

birddog
07-21-2016, 12:53 PM
I'm sure those same people now refer to Trump as Mr. Trump as well. It's usually the tell tale sign of someone that has kissed the ring.

Better than kissing the gluteus of Hillary and Obama like you libs do! :grin:

CreepyOldDude
07-21-2016, 12:54 PM
If he's gonna say all that, he never should have spoke.

Trump and his people knew ahead of time what he was going to say, so the bigger question is, why did they let him speak?

Chloe

I also never thought I'd be defended or applauding him either

MisterVeritis
I don't vote out of fear or by buying into hyperbole. I vote based on how closely a candidate mirrors my beliefs and my wants for the country. Therefore I'm voting for the same person I voted for four years ago during my first presidential election, Dr. Jill Stein.
And that, along with votes for the other 3rd party fool, might be enough to assure that Crooked Hillary will get the election. Your throat will be cut and you will wonder what happened.

So we will have to work that much harder to get Trump elected. Or it will be Crooked Hillary and the nation will end.

MisterVeritis
07-21-2016, 12:55 PM
Your support validates everything I said about Cruz.

CreepyOldDude
07-21-2016, 12:55 PM

Unless Trump loses, or wins and then fucks up big time. In either of those scenarios, Ted looks like a Conservative Icon.

Chloe
07-21-2016, 12:56 PM
Better than kissing the gluteus of Hillary and Obama like you libs do! :grin:

Ugh, find a time where I praised either of them. Obama's been super disappointing on so many levels and Clinton is corrupt with no soul. What else do you have?

MisterVeritis
07-21-2016, 12:57 PM
Trump and his people knew ahead of time what he was going to say, so the bigger question is, why did they let him speak?
Trump invited all of his former rivals to come speak. So far only Cruz committed suicide on stage.

Chloe
07-21-2016, 12:57 PM
And that, along with votes for the other 3rd party fool, might be enough to assure that Crooked Hillary will get the election. Your throat will be cut and you will wonder what happened.

So we will have to work that much harder to get Trump elected. Or it will be Crooked Hillary and the nation will end.

Yeah cause Oregon is going to go for Clinton because I vote for Stein. You're just gone.

birddog
07-21-2016, 12:59 PM
Ugh, find a time where I praised either of them. Obama's been super disappointing on so many levels and Clinton is corrupt with no soul. What else do you have?

A vote for Trump is a vote to defeat Hillary, a vote for Stein is wasted, except in your mind. I do respect your right to vote for whoever you choose.

MisterVeritis
07-21-2016, 12:59 PM
Unless Trump loses, or wins and then $#@!s up big time. In either of those scenarios, Ted looks like a Conservative Icon.
Disregard whatever you believe will happen with Trump. Independent of Trump, Cruz is untouchable. He failed to honor his pledge. That ends Cruz. Others dishonored themselves as well. Kasich. McCain's illegitimate son, Lindsay, and Little Jebby.

Chloe
07-21-2016, 01:01 PM
A vote for Trump is a vote to defeat Hillary, a vote for Stein is wasted, except in your mind. I do respect your right to vote for whoever you choose.

Yeah cause my vote for Stein is going to somehow lesson Trumps chances for winning Oregon.

MisterVeritis
07-21-2016, 01:01 PM
Yeah cause Oregon is going to go for Clinton because I vote for Stein. You're just gone.
Analysts say that between the libertarian, what's his name, and your Stein, up to six percent of the vote will shift away from Trump. That will put Crooked Hillary in the White House.

Chloe
07-21-2016, 01:03 PM
Analysts say that between the libertarian, what's his name, and your Stein, up to six percent of the vote will shift away from Trump. That will put Crooked Hillary in the White House.

I would never vote for Trump to begin with so what does it matter if I vote for Stein, Clinton or Kermit the Frog? He wouldn't have my vote anyway.

MisterVeritis
07-21-2016, 01:03 PM
Unless Trump loses, or wins and then $#@!s up big time. In either of those scenarios, Ted looks like a Conservative Icon.
Conservative icons do not dishonor themselves. Cruz did. Seek another. Cruz killed himself on stage.

MisterVeritis
07-21-2016, 01:04 PM
I would never vote for Trump to begin with so what does it matter if I vote for Stein, Clinton or Kermit the Frog? He wouldn't have my vote anyway.
You might as well dig graves for everyone in your family.

CreepyOldDude
07-21-2016, 01:05 PM

As opposed to Trump, who wants to let employees of Goldman-Sachs be bank regulators, while still pulling down a paycheck from the bank. Yeah, no chances of corruption there. And shred the Constitution? You mean like the government discriminating against a major world religion? Granted, it's not like there's a Constitutional Amendment that says the government can't do that. Oh, wait....

Chloe
07-21-2016, 01:06 PM
You might as well dig graves for everyone in your family.

Lol, my god you're just totally nonsensical.

MisterVeritis
07-21-2016, 01:15 PM
As opposed to Trump, who wants to let employees of Goldman-Sachs be bank regulators, while still pulling down a paycheck from the bank. Yeah, no chances of corruption there. And shred the Constitution? You mean like the government discriminating against a major world religion? Granted, it's not like there's a Constitutional Amendment that says the government can't do that. Oh, wait....
LOL. What are you blabbering about now?

MisterVeritis
07-21-2016, 01:16 PM
Lol, my god you're just totally nonsensical.
Crooked Hillary will harm you and your family. You will help her get elected.

Chloe
07-21-2016, 01:18 PM
Crooked Hillary will harm you and your family. You will help her get elected.

You already did the hard work by electing Trump, the ultimate reason Clinton will unfortunately be president.

birddog
07-21-2016, 01:57 PM
As I have said before, Hillary is going down, and not just on Huma!

MisterVeritis
07-21-2016, 01:59 PM
You already did the hard work by electing Trump, the ultimate reason Clinton will unfortunately be president.
Trump will be fine. He, and we, just have to work harder to defeat people like you. He is up to it. I will do what I can to help.

FindersKeepers
07-21-2016, 02:00 PM

You never found me supporting him.

Cruz is a right-wing religious freak. He always has been.

However bad Trump or Hillary might turn out to be -- Cruz would have been much, much worse.

He signed a pledge to support the GOP nominee. Now, I understand his little feelers were hurt by Trump's comments, but what was Christian about not standing behind his word and not letting bygones be bygones? Is that what Christians do these days? Harbor grudges over someone insulting them?

How much more petty does it get?

Don't answer that...it was rhetorical.

Chloe
07-21-2016, 02:00 PM
Trump will be fine. He, and we, just have to work harder to defeat people like you. He is up to it. I will do what I can to help.

It's only about winning, not freedom of thought, right?

MisterVeritis
07-21-2016, 02:08 PM
It's only about winning, not freedom of thought, right?
Yes. Political contests are about winning. If you knew that you would not vote for Stein. You would vote for the person who will put an end to your liberties. If Crooke Hillary gets in freedom of thought will be a thing of the past. Liberals already want to make it a crime to hold an opinion that differs from the liberal orthodoxy.

Trump is our only hope for a brief respite. We will still need an Article V convention of states.

Chloe
07-21-2016, 02:09 PM
I'm going to step away from the insanity for a little while. Enjoy your padded room.

Polecat
07-21-2016, 03:04 PM
Let me know when the Mosques start burning. Until then you got nothing.

Bethere
07-22-2016, 12:33 AM

Where in Dayton do you live? I'm from Beavercreek.

Bethere
07-22-2016, 12:37 AM
Yes. Political contests are about winning. If you knew that you would not vote for Stein. You would vote for the person who will put an end to your liberties. If Crooke Hillary gets in freedom of thought will be a thing of the past. Liberals already want to make it a crime to hold an opinion that differs from the liberal orthodoxy.

Trump is our only hope for a brief respite. We will still need an Article V convention of states.

Trump is especially taken with the fictional article xxii!

Good times!