PDA

View Full Version : We call this Vote Buying - Ohio Obamaphone Program doubles in election Year!

Deadwood
09-29-2012, 07:41 PM
IKt is an old, old practice, but its still effective. It is called vote buying with taxpayers money.

The following article reveals that the Obamaphone program has doubled in the last year......which, according to reports is an election year.

A program that provides subsidized phone service to low-income individuals has nearly doubled in size in Ohio in the past year — now covering more than a million people. At the same time, federal officials say they’re reining in waste, fraud and abuse in the program.
The Federal Communications Commission announced recently that reforms have saved $43 million since January and are expected to save $200 million by year’s end. In Ohio, savings are expected to be $2.9 million a year.
The savings were realized in part because the government gave out fewer cellphones to ineligible people and took steps to avoid issuing duplicate phones.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/subsidized-cell-phone-program-nearly-doubles-in-oh/nRDqC/

Deadwood
09-29-2012, 07:53 PM
Now this is more vote buying......

n Florida this afternoon, Vice President Joe Biden reminded supporters that thanks to President Obama, they could now get colonoscopies without a co-pay. During his speech, Biden reminded the audience that some of their Republican friends would distort Obama’s record on Medicare.
“Everyone knows, everyone in this room knows that President Obama has increased the benefits available to people on Medicare by the action he took,” Biden said. “You are now able to go get a wellness exam, and guys, if you conclude you need a colonoscopy because of the feeling you had or you need a breast health examination, you don’t have to pay a co-pay for that.”

http://washingtonexaminer.com/biden-promotes-free-colonoscopies-to-seniors-in-florida/article/2509330

I know the program has been around for awhile, but Biden talking about assholes is just too funny.......I can't type////

Captain Obvious
09-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Sure - you don't think that immigration work-around BO pulled a month or two wasn't staged for the election?

Deadwood
09-29-2012, 07:55 PM
Sure - you don't think that immigration work-around BO pulled a month or two wasn't staged for the election?

Really!

"I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, there is gambling in Rick's Cafe."

GrassrootsConservative
09-29-2012, 07:56 PM
Pathetic. I hope we can win the election and put a law into place that makes all those freeloading losers pay for all the "free" stuff Obama gave to "low minorities" with other people's money. Would be nice to see Mitt Romney get some of his money back.

KC
09-29-2012, 09:52 PM
All federal programs meant to help people are essentially buying votes, imo.

patrickt
09-30-2012, 07:30 AM
What I find sad is how cheaply some will sell their votes and how gullible deadbeats are.

Akula
09-30-2012, 08:43 AM
All federal programs meant to help people are essentially buying votes, imo.

Good. You agree that we need to severely cut back government entitlements, right?

Chris
09-30-2012, 08:59 AM
What's sad is we have a government engages in this sort of crony capitalism.

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship...."
~variously attributed to Alexis De Tocqueville, Alexander Fraser Tytler

Trinnity
09-30-2012, 10:58 AM
Good. You agree that we need to severely cut back government entitlements, right?I sure think so. Yes.

KC
09-30-2012, 12:44 PM
Good. You agree that we need to severely cut back government entitlements, right?

Well yeah. How can you incentivize people to be productive when there are incentives not to be productive?

Captain Obvious
09-30-2012, 12:46 PM
Well yeah. How can you incentivize people to be productive when there are incentives not to be productive?

In wild and wonderful West Virginia, some counties have the highest unemployment rates in the nation.

You wouldn't know that from all of the "employees wanted" ads. Hell, frackers come in from all around the nation - Texas, Alabama, Arkansas.

People would rather sit at home, smoke pot and ride quads all day. Plus, wages fuck up their gubmint checks.

KC
09-30-2012, 12:53 PM
In wild and wonderful West Virginia, some counties have the highest unemployment rates in the nation.

You wouldn't know that from all of the "employees wanted" ads. Hell, frackers come in from all around the nation - Texas, Alabama, Arkansas.

People would rather sit at home, smoke pot and ride quads all day. Plus, wages fuck up their gubmint checks.
Exactly. What starts as a temporary solution to a legitimate problem becomes a permanent problem with no politically attractive solution.

Akula
09-30-2012, 01:10 PM

The only thing that's left is revolution. Scrap the system and start over.
It's not working and it's not going to get any better.

Carygrant
09-30-2012, 01:44 PM
[QUOTE=Fearandloathing;145039]IKt is an old, old practice, but its still effective. It is called vote buying with taxpayers money.

The following article reveals that the Obamaphone program has doubled in the last year......which, according to reports is an election year.QUOTE

Oh Diddums . Did the nasty little boy take your favourite toy ?
Have a nice cry with Mumsy--- tell her your nasty victim story .

GrassrootsConservative
09-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Oh Diddums . Did the nasty little boy take your favourite toy ?
Have a nice cry with Mumsy--- tell her your nasty victim story .

Nice fail quote, don't you just hate all this new technology, old timer?
Go back under your bridge, you terrible troll.

Deadwood
09-30-2012, 02:37 PM

No, I gather it is an admission that welfare as it exists at least has a hidden agenda, or is outright corrupt.

Carygrant
09-30-2012, 02:41 PM

You are right . We old ones ( I didn't think 48 was that old) are hopeless .
Fancy us creating the technology you are so happy with .
Expect it was a fluke .
But you are a bunch of real victims -- I suppose it's our winning mentality and success that makes us think that way .

Captain Obvious
09-30-2012, 02:43 PM
No, I gather it is an admission that welfare as it exists at least has a hidden agenda, or is outright corrupt.

I kinda agree with that.

There are people out there who deserve entitlement programs. Single moms trying to make ends meet, maybe trying to get some education and a good job. They are out there and programs should be made available to them.

But it's not outright corrupt, thought there is more abuse to these programs than there should be - and this abuse, you can trace it directly back to democratic fundamentalism that these abusers are INTENDED to be "forced" to depend on government assistance.

Deadwood
09-30-2012, 02:44 PM

Oh man.....you are so wrong. Not in your post, but to give any sewage swilling, sand sucking, foreign Islamic propagandist idiot of a pork eating donkey fucker the time it takes to call them out.

The more people who find the "ignore" button, the sooner attention whores loose interest and go find another forum.

For the record, I hear the technologically and intellectually challenged PF is accepting applications for trolls...seems their down a few.

Deadwood
09-30-2012, 02:55 PM
I kinda agree with that.

There are people out there who deserve entitlement programs. Single moms trying to make ends meet, maybe trying to get some education and a good job. They are out there and programs should be made available to them.

But it's not outright corrupt, thought there is more abuse to these programs than there should be - and this abuse, you can trace it directly back to democratic fundamentalism that these abusers are INTENDED to be "forced" to depend on government assistance.

I absolutely agree. I work with and hire people on disability, usually mental illness of some sort. They are allowed to earn a certain amount per month after which it gets clawed back. If they take advantage of the program they also get upgraded bus passes to get to and from work, a "protein allowance" to help pay for lunches, and a one time amount per year to buy work clothe, enough for good boots and a good pair of work pants.

Now, across the street lives a professional fisher. He works just enough weeks during spring salmon runs and other fish in the summer and fall. In good years he can make $150,000, bad years maybe $60,000. In either case he qualifies for Employment Insurance during the winter. And that's all he does...lays at home smoking enough dope his neighbors complain and shops for a resort property.

That, IMO, is built in corruption.

Now, we have always understood government largesse is there to help us with the "necessities" when times are tough. How do you justify a cell phone as a necessity?

GrassrootsConservative
09-30-2012, 03:03 PM
Now, across the street lives a professional fisher. He works just enough weeks during spring salmon runs and other fish in the summer and fall. In good years he can make $150,000, bad years maybe $60,000. In either case he qualifies for Employment Insurance during the winter. And that's all he does...lays at home smoking enough dope his neighbors complain and shops for a resort property.

That, IMO, is built in corruption.

Now, we have always understood government largesse is there to help us with the "necessities" when times are tough. How do you justify a cell phone as a necessity?

Gotta use a cellphone to buy all that dope people complain about. ;)

Captain Obvious
09-30-2012, 03:18 PM

That's in Canada, right? I'm not familiar with the benefits process there.

If so, are there any homes for sale in your neighborhood? CO-can-fish.

Deadwood
09-30-2012, 03:47 PM
That's in Canada, right? I'm not familiar with the benefits process there.

If so, are there any homes for sale in your neighborhood? CO-can-fish.

Yep, tons....well the "inventory" is a bit low, but they are always building.

I can probably get you into a one bedroom, ground floor condo in the suburbs for $225,000. You will need 20% cash down

Suggest you come for a visit, try fishing - but don't get hurt or sick because there will be no medical coverage for an illegal.

It was me? I'd start a pot farm......$300 billion a year industry here and I mean Vancouver area