PDA

View Full Version : tPF NBC’s Today Ignores Possible Lawbreaking In Interview With Trump Campaign Chairman

TrueBlue
07-21-2016, 07:34 PM
NBC’s Today Ignores Possible Lawbreaking In Interview With Trump Campaign Chairman

Speechwriter Who Claims To Have Helped With Melania Trump’s Speech May Only Work For Trump Organization

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/07/21/nbc-s-today-ignores-possible-lawbreaking-interview-trump-campaign-chairman/211784

"NBC Today hosts Matt Lauer and Savannah Guthrie did not press Paul Manafort, chairman of Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump’s campaign, in an interview about whether the speechwriter who took responsibility for plagiarism in Melania Trump’s Republican National Convention speech was employed by the Trump campaign or the Trump Organization. If it’s the latter, that may be a violation of federal law."

"According to The Washington Post (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/07/20/did-the-trump-campaign-violate-federal-law-by-using-a-trump-organization-speechwriter/?postshare=521469036580007&tid=ss_tw), if Trump’s campaign “used corporate resources” to help with Melania Trump’s speech, “that could be illegal.” The Post quoted Lawrence Noble, general counsel for the nonprofit Campaign Legal Center, and reported, “If the campaign used corporate resources ‘willingly and knowingly,’ the offense is a criminal one.” The paper explained Noble’s rationale: “If she was working for the campaign,” it would have been legal, “but it seems clear that she offered to resign from her theoretically unrelated Trump Organization job.”

=====================================
Thanks to Media Matters For America for this report.

Imho, This is a serious matter that brings up the fact that it should be fully investigated in order to find out what role the speechwriter played. An effort to find out should be forthcoming.

The forum rules will be strictly observed by participants in this thread or non-conforming members will be thread banned.

If You Don't Like What Is Being Discussed In the OP You Can Always Do the Courteous Thing and Just Leave the Thread.

Tahuyaman
07-21-2016, 07:36 PM
Lol.....

zelmo1234
07-21-2016, 07:59 PM
No it is not because Trump Corp is a private corporation and candidates are allowed to self fund.

Good grief? I can't believe you Democrats have the Balls to talk about Law Breaking when you have a Women that according to the FBI Director and the Inspector General Committed several Felonies, but was too Stupid to understand that she was committing them!

TrueBlue
07-21-2016, 08:04 PM
No it is not because Trump Corp is a private corporation and candidates are allowed to self fund.

Good grief? I can't believe you Democrats have the Balls to talk about Law Breaking when you have a Women that according to the FBI Director and the Inspector General Committed several Felonies, but was too Stupid to understand that she was committing them!
But did she break any laws to be indicted and arrested for it? No? Then end of story, period.

zelmo1234
07-21-2016, 08:06 PM
But did she break any laws to be indicted and arrested for it? No? Then end of story, period.

Actually you need to listen to the Director and Inspector again. she broke several laws, they just came to the conclusion that she was not intelligent enough to know that she was breaking them.

So you should be happy, your candidate that is running for President of the USA was not smart enough to know what is Classified and that destroying Government property is illegal.

That is something to build on.

TrueBlue
07-21-2016, 08:30 PM
Actually you need to listen to the Director and Inspector again. she broke several laws, they just came to the conclusion that she was not intelligent enough to know that she was breaking them.

So you should be happy, your candidate that is running for President of the USA was not smart enough to know what is Classified and that destroying Government property is illegal.

That is something to build on.
You still don't get it and perhaps never will. The emails that were used WERE NOT CLASSIFIED AT THE TIME. Why do you always fail to add that to your screed?

hanger4
07-21-2016, 08:39 PM
You still don't get it and perhaps never will. The emails that were used WERE NOT CLASSIFIED AT THE TIME. Why do you always fail to add that to your screed?

And you fail to understand what Comey said;

"There is evidence to support a conclusion that any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton’s position, or in the position of those government employees with whom she was corresponding about these matters, should have known that an unclassified system was no place for that conversation."

Oboe
07-21-2016, 08:40 PM
NBC’s Today Ignores Possible Lawbreaking In Interview With Trump Campaign Chairman

Speechwriter Who Claims To Have Helped With Melania Trump’s Speech May Only Work For Trump Organization

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/07/21/nbc-s-today-ignores-possible-lawbreaking-interview-trump-campaign-chairman/211784

=====================================
Thanks to Media Matters For America for this report.

Imho, This is a serious matter that brings up the fact that it should be fully investigated in order to find out what role the speechwriter played. An effort to find out should be forthcoming.

The forum rules will be strictly observed by participants in this thread or non-conforming members will be thread banned.

If You Don't Like What Is Being Discussed In the OP You Can Always Do the Courteous Thing and Just Leave the Thread.

Eat a big one.

zelmo1234
07-21-2016, 08:41 PM

According to the director of the FBI several of them were Classified at the time they were sent and received.

Are you saying that he is lying?

And you are proving my other point. She is too Stupid to understand what information should be classified? Some of it was Top Secret for goodness sake.

And you think someone that does not understand what information is important enough to be considered Classified is actually qualified to be the President of the USA.

And none of this even mentions the Clinton Foundation and the Selling of access, that is an on going investigation.

TrueBlue
07-21-2016, 08:44 PM
And you fail to understand what Comey said;

"There is evidence to support a conclusion that any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton’s position, or in the position of those government employees with whom she was corresponding about these matters, should have known that an unclassified system was no place for that conversation."
Well you know, words like "...should have known..." just doesn't cut it. So quit the crap already. Tell me, specifically, what law Hillary broke.

maineman
07-21-2016, 08:46 PM
how do the Hate Hillary clones make a thread about whether or not Trump fucked up by using corporate assets to work on a political campaign become a thread about Hillary's fucking emails? Start your own (thousandth) thread about that. Let this one be about what it was supposed to be about.

TrueBlue
07-21-2016, 08:47 PM
Eat a big one.
Thank you but no. I'll leave that up to you since that's right Up Your Alley! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/big_standart/rofl2.gif

maineman
07-21-2016, 08:48 PM
Thank you but no. I'll leave that up to you since that's right Up Your Alley! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/big_standart/rofl2.gif

alley? nah.... hershey highway.

TrueBlue
07-21-2016, 08:52 PM
According to the director of the FBI several of them were Classified at the time they were sent and received.

Are you saying that he is lying?

And you are proving my other point. She is too Stupid to understand what information should be classified? Some of it was Top Secret for goodness sake.

And you think someone that does not understand what information is important enough to be considered Classified is actually qualified to be the President of the USA.

And none of this even mentions the Clinton Foundation and the Selling of access, that is an on going investigation.
Again, the e-mails were not classified at the time they were sent as has been brought out many times before. But I ask you, what SPECIFIC LAW did she allegedly break? If you can't answer that then don't even try justifying your prejudice any longer against Hillary Clinton.

TrueBlue
07-21-2016, 08:57 PM
Well uh, actually.....http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/icq/rofl.gif I think you've just hit the nail on the head! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/big_standart/biggrin.gif

zelmo1234
07-21-2016, 08:59 PM
how do the Hate Hillary clones make a thread about whether or not Trump $#@!ed up by using corporate assets to work on a political campaign become a thread about Hillary's $#@!ing emails? Start your own (thousandth) thread about that. Let this one be about what it was supposed to be about.

Does she work for one of his publicly Traded companies or for a private asset? that is the question.

But even if she does it will be an accounting issue. I hope that they hold him to the letter of the law, because that will back fire on the Democrats because they just let Hillary off on several felonies.

zelmo1234
07-21-2016, 09:01 PM
Again, the e-mails were not classified at the time they were sent as has been brought out many times before. But I ask you, what SPECIFIC LAW did she allegedly break? If you can't answer that then don't even try justifying your prejudice any longer against Hillary Clinton.

So you believe that Director Comey was lying. That does not surprise me Democrats generally hate law enforcement.

Because you can't have it both ways Either Comey is a liar, or Hillary is.

zelmo1234
07-21-2016, 09:01 PM

So you are admitting that you are a fudge packer? I always suspected that.

TrueBlue
07-21-2016, 09:05 PM
So you believe that Director Comey was lying. That does not surprise me Democrats generally hate law enforcement.

Because you can't have it both ways Either Comey is a liar, or Hillary is.
Comey is certainly entitled to his opinion now isn't he? It's a free country.

Adelaide
07-21-2016, 09:05 PM
So you are admitting that you are a fudge packer? I always suspected that.

Zelmo1234 has been thread banned for insulting another user.

hanger4
07-21-2016, 09:10 PM
Well you know, words like "...should have known..." just doesn't cut it. So quit the crap already. Tell me, specifically, what law Hillary broke.

No need to, your own words are making the case for Hillary's incompetence handling classified information.

hanger4
07-21-2016, 09:11 PM
how do the Hate Hillary clones make a thread about whether or not Trump fucked up by using corporate assets to work on a political campaign become a thread about Hillary's fucking emails? Start your own (thousandth) thread about that. Let this one be about what it was supposed to be about.

You might want to take that up with TrueBlue.

hanger4
07-21-2016, 09:14 PM
Comey is certainly entitled to his opinion now isn't he? It's a free country.

An opinion backed up by 10s of thousands of emails and a year long investigation.

TrueBlue
07-21-2016, 09:19 PM
An opinion backed up by 10s of thousands of emails and a year long investigation.
That in the end resulted in No Indictment against Hillary Clinton! Very telling and speaks volumes as to the fact that there was nothing law-breaking that they could actually get her on! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/grin.gif

hanger4
07-21-2016, 09:49 PM
That in the end resulted in No Indictment against Hillary Clinton! Very telling and speaks volumes as to the fact that there was nothing law-breaking that they could actually get her on! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/grin.gif

Speaks volumes to her incompetence, and yes that's very telling.

Peter1469
07-22-2016, 05:07 AM
If the Espionage Act is ignored, I don't see why anyone would get upset about Campaign Finance laws. National secrets v. elections. :wink:

Oboe
07-22-2016, 06:47 AM
Can't you trash libs find anything real to harp on?

Tahuyaman
07-22-2016, 09:38 AM

Ok, she got away with it. You or I would not have received the same treatment, but then neither of us are above the law.