PDA

View Full Version : Dozens of Civilians Killed in U.S.-Led Airstrike

Ethereal
07-21-2016, 10:22 PM
Dozens of Civilians Reported Dead in U.S.-Led Syria Airstrike (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/20/world/middleeast/islamic-state-airstrikes-syria-civilian-casualties.html)

By REUTERS
JULY 19, 2016

At least 56 civilians were reported killed on Tuesday in airstrikes north of the besieged Islamic State-held city of Manbij in northern Syria, and residents said they believed the attack was carried out by aircraft from the United States-led coalition, a monitoring group said.

The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said that the dead included 11 children, and that dozens more people were wounded.

The so-called Syria Democratic Forces, an alliance of Kurdish and Arab fighters backed by the coalition, started an offensive at the end of May to seize Manbij. The area is among the last major territory held by Islamic State militants on Syria’s frontier with Turkey.

Supported by American-led coalition airstrikes, the Kurdish forces have surrounded the city. But Islamic State attacks still occur in some areas of the surrounding countryside.

On Monday, 21 people were killed in raids also believed to have been conducted by United States-led coalition aircraft on Manbij’s northern Hazawneh quarter.

The Observatory said at least 104 civilians had died in airstrikes since the start of the Manbij offensive in late May.

I wonder how many new anti-western terrorists were created by this airstrike.

JDubya
07-21-2016, 10:30 PM
Shit happens.

Ethereal
07-21-2016, 10:58 PM
$#@! happens.

I'm sure you'd feel the same way if it were your family who had been incinerated.

AeonPax
07-21-2016, 11:31 PM
`
`
Once again, the party of war mongers and murders, under the leadership of Obama, show the world how it's done.

FindersKeepers
07-22-2016, 04:34 AM

What I want to know is where are the Code Pinkos?

They were hot and heavy when GWB was in office but they've been almost invisible during Obama's killing sprees.

Ransom
07-22-2016, 06:23 AM

They were hot and heavy when GWB was in office but they've been almost invisible during Obama's killing sprees.

Too busy tryin to get Hillary, I voted for the Iraq War, Clinton elected. Where indeed are all these anti-war mongers today, looks like many plan on attending the DNC next week. Where Joe, I voted for the Iraq War, Biden will also receive thunderous applause. As if..... well as if all that anti-war nonsense was fake...disingenuous,,....politically motivated.......

Tell me that's not true

Truth Detector
07-22-2016, 06:35 AM

I am amused that you think this is what creates anti-Western terrorists. Really funny schit.

Truth Detector
07-22-2016, 06:35 AM
I'm sure you'd feel the same way if it were your family who had been incinerated.

The families of 9-11 victims really don't give a schit.

donttread
07-22-2016, 07:42 AM

More than we can kill, assuring future justification for constant war . As George Carlin said "bombing brown people is what we do now"

donttread
07-22-2016, 07:44 AM
The families of 9-11 victims really don't give a schit.

ALQ carried out 9/11 , not ISIS. But you demonstrate perfectly how we have already lost . WE have been suckered into their version of endless , generational war. In a sense we have already lost

donttread
07-22-2016, 07:48 AM
I am amused that you think this is what creates anti-Western terrorists. Really funny schit.

Of course it creates terrorist. If you're 12 in some Pakistani village and a drone kills your family in an attempt to get one of the seemingly endless supply of "terrorist number two men" : How hard is it going to be to turn you into a future terrorist.
It's mind numbing to me that people still think terrorist hate us because of" freedom and mini skirts" half a world away from them. But the timeline shows very clearly that we fuck with their internal politics first, then the hate starts

nathanbforrest45
07-22-2016, 07:50 AM
ALQ carried out 9/11 , not ISIS. But you demonstrate perfectly how we have already lost . WE have been suckered into their version of endless , generational war. In a sense we have already lost

Only the dead have seen the end of war (Santayana)

Ransom
07-22-2016, 08:10 AM
More than we can kill, assuring future justification for constant war . As George Carlin said "bombing brown people is what we do now"

Some of us of course use sources with a tad more authority on the topic matter than profane George Carlin. He's a comedian, donttread, and perhaps not the best source of information for you although, does explain much with regards to our exchanges.

You simply....cannot make this stuff up.

JDubya
07-22-2016, 08:33 AM
If Obama did nothing to combat terrorism, he'd get hammered on by the right for being soft on terrorism. If he bombs them into oblivion and some innocent civilians accidentally get killed in the process, he gets reviled as a child murderer.

If a Republican POTUS did the same thing, they'd all be howling "Gawd bless 'Murica!!!!"

Idiots.

Ransom
07-22-2016, 09:03 AM

No you don't have to wonder, you just don't know where it ranks. Let's read off some of these things on the 'create a terrorist list'. Salman Rushdie....some Cat who merely spoke out about Islam. Let's see...the naming of a Teddy Bear, Mohammed. I remember that one.....created quite the chaos, I cannot imagine the outrage and how many terrorists were created in that instance. Charlie Hebdo.....is that how to say it....remember the French magazine.....gunned down I believe for cartoons. Yes.....if I'm not mistaken....and I'm f'n not.....that created such rage and discontent...the terrorists just broke into the CH offices....and gunned them down point blank.

The recent attacks in Israel because Israel is a 'petty state' and any support for the nation of Israel of course....creates terrorists. And of course the by far largest victim of Islamic terrorism is of course Muslims.....who are being forced of their homes and being butchered and raped for no other reason than being Shia Muslims. Course......like Ethereal our resident f'n rocket scientist points out.....we must wonder how many terrorists are created by merely being Shia.

Cause...it don't take mush to 'create one' does it? Merely opposing them it seems....or firmly standing in their way.....seems to 'create' that many more terrorists and the requisite hate for you. The nations of India, France, neutral Belgium, the United States...Germany, Russia, Syria, Iraq.....all have felt the sting of terror attacks because they named a Teddy Bear, or drew a cartoon, or supported Israel, or have their flag snapping all over the ME breeze...they're all guilty of creating terrorists.

You either convert......kneel in submission.....or start paying a heavy tax......your religions won't be tolerated, and we'll gladly cut down anything in our way....you don't want to be 'creating more' of us so surrender, make your new leader this Ethereal and make donttread his assistant.

The new Administration could be called Dumb and even f'n Dumber.

Ransom
07-22-2016, 09:07 AM
Of course it creates terrorist. If you're 12 in some Pakistani village and a drone kills your family in an attempt to get one of the seemingly endless supply of "terrorist number two men" : How hard is it going to be to turn you into a future terrorist.
It's mind numbing to me that people still think terrorist hate us because of" freedom and mini skirts" half a world away from them. But the timeline shows very clearly that we $#@! with their internal politics first, then the hate starts

Mr. Miss the f'n Boat.

Ransom
07-22-2016, 09:08 AM
It's mind numbing to me that people still think terrorist hate us because of" freedom and mini skirts" half a world away from them. But the timeline shows very clearly that we $#@! with their internal politics first, then the hate starts

http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M11153afbfed36885ac0a7e46ebf53beco0&w=300&h=201&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0 (http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=pic+of+moth+on+light&view=detailv2&&id=74C94D40599C1E80AC84D74EC4E9F338C76378F9&selectedIndex=0&ccid=ERU6%2b%2f7T&simid=608032241935713574&thid=OIP.M11153afbfed36885ac0a7e46ebf53beco0)

Ethereal
07-22-2016, 09:28 AM

Code Pink has actually been consistent since Obama became the President.

Code Pink founder Medea Benjamin heckles Obama repeatedly (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2013/05/23/code-pink-founder-medea-benjamin-heckles-obama-repeatedly/)

Why This Women's Group Is Protesting at Both Conventions (http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/news/a61574/code-pink-rnc-protesters/)

Ethereal
07-22-2016, 09:35 AM
This level of mindless apologia from Republicans and Democrats is expected at this point. America has completely lost its moral compass and has taken hubris to new heights. Wantonly destroying country after country and then acting surprised and enraged when the violence they visit on foreign people comes back to bite them in the form of terrorist attacks. It would be comical if the effects of their delusions and violence weren't so sad and horrifying.

Ransom
07-23-2016, 06:04 AM
This level of mindless apologia from Republicans and Democrats is expected at this point. America has completely lost its moral compass and has taken hubris to new heights. Wantonly destroying country after country and then acting surprised and enraged when the violence they visit on foreign people comes back to bite them in the form of terrorist attacks. It would be comical if the effects of their delusions and violence weren't so sad and horrifying.

Suddenly it's destroying country after country.... from a post that began with civilians being killed by drone strikes. The additional hysterics needed as the thread start no longer makes any sense.

We'll never allow your mindset to return to governing this nation, E. I think that's what you're really crying about.

Dangermouse
07-23-2016, 06:18 AM
The irony that seems lost on most is that this airstrike killed more innocent people than died only a few days ago in Nice. Where is the weeping and wailing? Why did it only rate a bare mention on page 16 of the NYT?

Ransom
07-23-2016, 06:20 AM

Let the facts and reality speak for itself. Are these terrorist motivated by a drone strike in their village? I'm sure some of them may indeed be. Some might even take the offer of migration elsewhere. What dies the evidence show? What of Osama Bin Laden and Khalid Sheik Mohammed and Mohammed Atta all of 9-11 fame? Well off, educated men. None of them 'created' in a manner Ethereal whines about here. Look to the ISIS attackers today, many of them foreign recruits, many of them from Saudi Arabia or nations not experiencing drone strikes. In fact, ISIS now shifts strategy to nations using citizens from their own nations. Those afflicted or infected or recruited here seem to be employed, somewhat stable, albeit introverted...... they indeed seem to possess this anti-American streak... oh.... kinda like Ethereal expresses here, he might have authored the Bin Laden Fatwa.

You two mirror the lingo of al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden and you want to blather on about sad and mind numbing? You two f'n rocket scientists are about as entertaining as it gets, allowing your Uncle Ransom the occasional chuckle. Funny.

donttread
07-23-2016, 08:40 AM
Some of us of course use sources with a tad more authority on the topic matter than profane George Carlin. He's a comedian, donttread, and perhaps not the best source of information for you although, does explain much with regards to our exchanges.

You simply....cannot make this stuff up.

Well then it should be easy for a great mind like yours to prove Carlin wrong. I mean the dude thought we were killing brown people almost all the time. You can prove that wrong,,.... or can't you?

donttread
07-23-2016, 08:41 AM
Mr. Miss the f'n Boat.

Another brillant commentary from the master of : "What the hell he is talking about?"

donttread
07-23-2016, 08:43 AM
http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M11153afbfed36885ac0a7e46ebf53beco0&w=300&h=201&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0 (http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=pic+of+moth+on+light&view=detailv2&&id=74C94D40599C1E80AC84D74EC4E9F338C76378F9&selectedIndex=0&ccid=ERU6%2b%2f7T&simid=608032241935713574&thid=OIP.M11153afbfed36885ac0a7e46ebf53beco0)

Nice picture, I guess that means you aren't able to refute my timeline comments because their true.

decedent
07-23-2016, 08:46 AM

Yeah, they're totally cool with being bombed.

donttread
07-23-2016, 08:46 AM
Let the facts and reality speak for itself. Are these terrorist motivated by a drone strike in their village? I'm sure some of them may indeed be. Some might even take the offer of migration elsewhere. What dies the evidence show? What of Osama Bin Laden and Khalid Sheik Mohammed and Mohammed Atta all of 9-11 fame? Well off, educated men. None of them 'created' in a manner Ethereal whines about here. Look to the ISIS attackers today, many of them foreign recruits, many of them from Saudi Arabia or nations not experiencing drone strikes. In fact, ISIS now shifts strategy to nations using citizens from their own nations. Those afflicted or infected or recruited here seem to be employed, somewhat stable, albeit introverted...... they indeed seem to possess this anti-American streak... oh.... kinda like Ethereal expresses here, he might have authored the Bin Laden Fatwa.

You two mirror the lingo of al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden and you want to blather on about sad and mind numbing? You two f'n rocket scientists are about as entertaining as it gets, allowing your Uncle Ransom the occasional chuckle. Funny.

I'm glad you asked what the evidence shows. It shows that terrorism has grown stronger since we started waging war on it. ALQ could highjack some planes in 2001 but in 2016 ISIS can muster an army that can over power national armies.