PDA

View Full Version : Who here admits to being a Republican?

Pages : [1] 2

Bethere
07-22-2016, 12:15 AM
A serious question!

Who among us is willing to admit they are a Republican and in so doing accept responsibility for their voting history?

I admit upfront, btw, that I am a democrat.

Green Arrow
07-22-2016, 01:01 AM
I am an independent.

Cthulhu
07-22-2016, 01:38 AM
A serious question!

Who among us is willing to admit they are a Republican and in so doing accept responsibility for their voting history?

Once upon a time, when my mind was still shackled, I sort of had conservative leanings.

At this stage of the game it is wise to simply walk away from it. To play is to lose.

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.

Common
07-22-2016, 03:10 AM
I am a registered indpendent for the last 7 yrs. Prior to that I was a republican for 40 yrs.

I always voted for who I thought was the best person. I do not vote single issues, even though I can feel strongly about it.

I switched to independent because I believe the republican party went stark raving mad after obama got elected the first time. They went overboard with far right nut job crap. Ted Cruz kind of bullshit. I switched to independent.

Now I believe the democrat party has gone far right Idiot nuts

Now im considering changing back to republican ONLY to vote in local primaries. In fla they have closed primaries.

FindersKeepers
07-22-2016, 04:33 AM
I'm a Republican. I live in a very RED state. The most important local and state contests here take place at the primary level.

What Party you're registered with, however, doesn't mean squat in general elections, unless you're strictly a Party-voter.

Cigar
07-22-2016, 07:27 AM
:laugh: I can see why they're embarrassed

I'm an Un-Apologetic Progressive Liberal Democrat :grin:

Common
07-22-2016, 07:31 AM

http://moonbattery.com/graphics/the-shady-bunch.jpg

hanger4
07-22-2016, 07:35 AM
I'm a registered Repub. Why do you think that's an embarrassment ??

Oboe
07-22-2016, 07:35 AM
As of late, I haven't been very happy with a lot the republicans in office. IMO, they are just as bad as the dims. I generally vote for who I think would be best. Sometimes I haven't voted.

Oboe
07-22-2016, 07:36 AM

It's what they do. Troll all day and all night.

nathanbforrest45
07-22-2016, 07:44 AM
I am an extremely proud Republican and have been since 1964, the first election was was eligible to vote in.

hanger4
07-22-2016, 07:52 AM
I am an extremely proud Republican and have been since 1964, the first election was was eligible to vote in.

You're 73-74 years old ??

Docthehun
07-22-2016, 09:18 AM
A serious question!

I'll let you make the call. I'll e-mail the address of a previous forum, so you can browse my posts (or not).

zelmo1234
07-22-2016, 09:21 AM
I am a constitutionalist. but I will be voting for Trump because I think that a Business man is what the country needs.

What I can't understand is why anyone would vote for Crooked Hillary.

Adelaide
07-22-2016, 09:25 AM
Not really sure how I would classify myself at this point. I am very far to the left on a lot of issues. But then I have some pretty hardcore views on the power of government to have/create laws on some issues. I am a member of the NRA. I'm not really sure what I am, but I wouldn't vote for either party.

Cigar
07-22-2016, 09:40 AM
http://moonbattery.com/graphics/the-shady-bunch.jpg

Sucks to Lose :grin:

nathanbforrest45
07-22-2016, 10:23 AM
You're 73-74 years old ??

Cigar
07-22-2016, 10:26 AM

That explains everything ... I apologize for how I treated you ... I should know better and I was taught better. :grin:

hanger4
07-22-2016, 10:28 AM

Ya gots 10 on me. :thumbsup:

Jets
07-22-2016, 10:36 AM
Conservative Democrat.

The artist formerly known as Blue Dog...

;)

Chris
07-22-2016, 10:40 AM

You should be embarrassed.

AZ Jim
07-22-2016, 11:07 AM
I'm a registered Repub. Why do you think that's an embarrassment ??With a Trump candidate? Seriously?

hanger4
07-22-2016, 11:15 AM
With a Trump candidate? Seriously?

Yet you'll vote for the candidate that has demonstrated a flippant, lackadaisical and incompetent additude toward national security.

Your embarrassing yourself AZ

Safety
07-22-2016, 12:05 PM

Were you a democrat before?

Subdermal
07-22-2016, 12:10 PM
A serious question!

Do you admit that you're a Communist?

:biglaugh:

birddog
07-22-2016, 12:27 PM

Same here. We Republicans have a better history and should NOT be embarrassed!

Cigar
07-22-2016, 01:12 PM
You should be embarrassed.

Why ... I like it when my picks Win

Chris
07-22-2016, 01:28 PM
Why ... I like it when my picks Win

What, did you pick Bush?

Ransom
07-22-2016, 01:38 PM
A serious question!

=political hacksmanship

=I'm looking to blame someone else for my lot in life as a victimized entitled you owe me whiner

=this line completely unnecessary, ewe are a Democrat.

jimmyz
07-22-2016, 01:48 PM

You forgot to add... "and a paid DNC cog tasked to spam discussion boards with your daily talking points and cut-n-pasted leftist stuff."

jimmyz
07-22-2016, 01:52 PM
That explains everything ... I apologize for how I treated you ... I should know better and I was taught better. :grin:

LOLOLOL Cigar thinks he has affected an anonymous poster with his BS.

Cigar
07-22-2016, 01:53 PM
LOLOLOL Cigar thinks he has affected an anonymous poster with his BS.

Nope ... just be nice to OLD People :grin:

Cigar
07-22-2016, 01:55 PM
What, did you pick Bush?

Nope Barack Obama ... didn't you?

Chris
07-22-2016, 02:13 PM

So you don't always pick winners. What's your batting average, .500?

birddog
07-22-2016, 02:52 PM

We are still waiting for your apology! Doubled national debt, the slowest recovery from a recession since WWII. caused ISIS, and weakened our military. Obama is the worst president in our history!

Peter1469
07-22-2016, 03:04 PM
I left the GOP in 2006 because they were spending like drunken democrats.

I am an independent now.

birddog
07-22-2016, 03:06 PM

I am an independent now.

You make a good point, and an excellent reason for term limits.

Bethere
07-22-2016, 03:34 PM
I'll let you make the call. I'll e-mail the address of a previous forum, so you can browse my posts (or not).

You remain one of the finest posters I have ever known. Open minded, fair, and consistent.

Your pragmatism rises above party politics.

But what of our new friends here? Notice how few felt comfortable admitting their party preference?

They don't want to embrace the consequences of their voting histories.

Don
07-22-2016, 03:48 PM
I'm a Republican. As in the fact that this country was founded as a republic with a

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened), against domestic Violence.
Article IV, Section 4

A republic that gives limited defined powers to the central government. I'm a Republican but I don't think those people who have infiltrated or changed what republicanism is meant to be are Republicans at all. They are establishment stooges. RINO's. I don't associate myself with any "party" no matter what they call themselves. People in parties end up supporting the party, not the constitution and certainly not the people. Same thing goes for that mess called the democratic party. A pox on both their "houses."

donttread
07-22-2016, 05:30 PM
I was a republican well into my 20's but after seeing a few election cycles and that nothing ever got fixed by either "side" and that both sides do the same shit once elected , I became a Perot man and then a Libertarian . What boggles my mind is people 50, 60, 70 years old who have seen election cycyle after election cycle not deliver on well anything and remain steadfastly in one of te donephant's two camps. Sooner or later the fact that every election cycle is about the same still unsolved issues should give them a clue

Docthehun
07-22-2016, 06:12 PM
You remain one of the finest posters I have ever known. Open minded, fair, and consistent.

But what of our new friends here? Notice how few felt comfortable admitting their party preference?

It's refreshing to know that the disease spreads beyond our old posting ground. I thought it was maybe something in the air. It took me all of one post to get thrown under the bus. Some things never change. Homer followed us, Shaun too.

"We're going to rebuild the military." Ultra conservative, Jim Jordan will fully back all out production of M1A1's, which the brass neither want or need, but which we may be able to sell to Egypt, if we loan them the money. Other wise, we'll just park them with the other 2,000 parked out west and gathering sand. At last look, I think they ran about five million a pop, but free parking was included. (Looking to get thrown under the bus again!) (Actually I'm practicing my rolling technique to beat them to the punch.)

In any case, welcome lad and carry on as usual. Good to be back to normal..............

Bethere
07-22-2016, 06:44 PM
It's refreshing to know that the disease spreads beyond our old posting ground. I thought it was maybe something in the air. It took me all of one post to get thrown under the bus. Some things never change. Homer followed us, Shaun too.

"We're going to rebuild the military." Ultra conservative, Jim Jordan will fully back all out production of M1A1's, which the brass neither want or need, but which we may be able to sell to Egypt, if we loan them the money. Other wise, we'll just park them with the other 2,000 parked out west and gathering sand. At last look, I think they ran about five million a pop, but free parking was included. (Looking to get thrown under the bus again!) (Actually I'm practicing my rolling technique to beat them to the punch.)

In any case, welcome lad and carry on as usual. Good to be back to normal..............

They couldn't handle a Democrat and a Republican treating each other with respect and actually agreeing on as much as we do.

It will be the same here.

Jordan hated the tank plant, too--until they moved it into his district.

Ethereal
07-23-2016, 06:44 PM

Why even ask the question since you apparently already know who is a Republican and who is not?

Tahuyaman
07-23-2016, 07:22 PM
A serious question!

I did consider myself a Republican many years ago.

I started to become disillusioned with them during the Bush 41 years. That is when they started to compromise conservative ideas in order to gain the favor of the media, as if they could. I became completely fed up with them during the G W Bush years for their support for untrusive government and Democrat-light spending habits. I thought they spent like drunken Democrats until Obama crushed any record they thought they had set.

Now I am a libertarian by philosophy. I'm not ready to support the Libertarian party though. Too many of them appear to be kooks.

As odd as he can be at times, I am going to vote for Gary Johnson though.

Bethere
07-23-2016, 07:36 PM
Why even ask the question since you apparently already know who is a Republican and who is not?

Don't you find it shocking how few posters stepped forward to claim their Republican status?

Ethereal
07-23-2016, 07:39 PM
Don't you find it shocking how few posters stepped forward to claim their Republican status?

I would only find it shocking if I actually knew how many posters were Republicans and refused to admit it. And as far as I can tell, many of the forum Republicans admitted to being Republicans. So I'm not sure what you think you're proving with this thread.

Ethereal
07-23-2016, 07:44 PM
Bethere, why don't you just tell everyone how many Republicans post here and what percentage of them refuse to admit being Republicans? That way we can all share in your shock at their reticence.

Subdermal
07-23-2016, 11:24 PM

You certainly haven't started out well here. From all appearances, you're just another retread liberal who takes their preconceptions and attempts to reinforce them - usually through fabrication.

You certainly didn't choose to engage a single poster in this thread - none of whom seemed to have any difficultly whatsoever expressing their political ideology, nor any reticence to discuss with you or anyone else.

Why? Because doing so would have required you to give up the insulation you've wrapped around your preconceptions.

There are far more people here on the right that identify as something other than Republican - not that you'd either know or care, as it seems threatening to you to scratch your prejudices with discourse.

Bethere
07-23-2016, 11:40 PM
You certainly haven't started out well here. From all appearances, you're just another retread liberal who takes their preconceptions and attempts to reinforce them - usually through fabrication.

You certainly didn't choose to engage a single poster in this thread - none of whom seemed to have any difficultly whatsoever expressing their political ideology, nor any reticence to discuss with you or anyone else.

Why? Because doing so would have required you to give up the insulation you've wrapped around your preconceptions.

There are far more people here on the right that identify as something other than Republican - not that you'd either know or care, as it seems threatening to you to scratch your prejudices with discourse.

I didn't say a word about anyone who posted here. Rather I speculated about others who didn't.

And, I don't care at all what you (2nd person, plural) say you are. I care what you do.

You can deny it all day long--perhaps so you don't have to defend the results of your voting pattern--but if you vote Republican, then in all ways that matter, you are a Republican.

There is nothing more gutless than a staunch conservative who habitually votes for Republicans denying that he/she is a Republican.

The coolest aspect of that is listening to their Rushlike/hyocritical raps about accepting 'personal responsibility' afterwards.

I know a guy who votes straight ticket Republican, claims to be an independent, and then calls others 'republicans in name only."

The way I see it, the supposed rino? At least he/she is honest enough to admit to being a Republican.

I can respect that.

Subdermal
07-24-2016, 12:04 AM
I didn't say a word about anyone who posted here. Rather I speculated about others who didn't.

Oh? And who might that be, Mr. 81 posts? Who exactly did you expect - or not expect - to hear from?

It seems to me as though you got a fairly nice cross-section of posters in your silly bait thread. None of which, btw, you chose to engage.

And, I don't care at all what you (2nd person, plural) say you are. I care what you do.

The sum total of what you will experience from anyone in this forum is what they say, and nothing more.

You can deny it all day long--perhaps so you don't have to defend the results of your voting pattern--but if you vote Republican, then in all ways that matter, you are a Republican.

Ah. So your preconceived agenda comes to light.

There is nothing more gutless than a conservative who votes for Republicans denying that he/she is a Republican.

Whatever you say, Komrade. People like you are a dime a dozen.

The coolest aspect of that is listening to their Rushlike/hyocritical raps about accepting 'personal responsibility' afterwards.

And what is it, Komrade, that you will accept responsibility for? How about Democrats being in power for the vast majority of the last 50 years, and - as such - being responsible for the vast majority of our fiscal and social dysfunction?

I know a guy who votes straight ticket Republican, claims to be an independent, and then calls others 'republicans in name only."

Good times!

And I know a guy who proudly calls himself a Democrat as though that's a badge of honor.

Bethere
07-24-2016, 12:28 AM
I did consider myself a Republican many years ago.

I started to become disillusioned with them during the Bush 41 years. That is when they started to compromise conservative ideas in order to gain the favor of the media, as if they could. I became completely fed up with them during the G W Bush years for their support for untrusive government and Democrat-light spending habits. I thought they spent like drunken Democrats until Obama crushed any record they thought they had set.

Now I am a libertarian by philosophy. I'm not ready to support the Libertarian party though. Too many of them appear to be kooks.

As odd as he can be at times, I am going to vote for Gary Johnson though.

Do you vote in a primary?

Tahuyaman
07-24-2016, 12:30 AM
Do you vote in a primary?

No.

Bethere
07-24-2016, 12:43 AM
Thanks
Oh? And who might that be, Mr. 81 posts? Who exactly did you expect - or not expect - to hear from?

It seems to me as though you got a fairly nice cross-section of posters in your silly bait thread. None of which, btw, you chose to engage.

The sum total of what you will experience from anyone in this forum is what they say, and nothing more.

Ah. So your preconceived agenda comes to light.

Whatever you say, Komrade. People like you are a dime a dozen.

And what is it, Komrade, that you will accept responsibility for? How about Democrats being in power for the vast majority of the last 50 years, and - as such - being responsible for the vast majority of our fiscal and social dysfunction?

And I know a guy who proudly calls himself a Democrat as though that's a badge of honor.

Let's play a game.

Who said it? Derrick the skinhead from American history X or Donald Trump?

Round 1:

We're here tonight cause we have immigration problems spiralling out ofcontrol. Asians are taking over with the Yen. Mexicans flocking in like some giant pinata was shattered.On the Statue of Liberty it says "Give me your tired, your hungry, your poor,your huddled masses...yearning to be free." It does not say give me your shiftless, your greedy, your indolent, your criminals, looking for a free ticket.

Subdermal
07-24-2016, 01:02 AM
Thanks

Let's play a game.

Round 1:

We're here tonight cause we have immigration problems spiralling out ofcontrol. Asians are taking over with the Yen. Mexicans flocking in like some giant pinata was shattered.On the Statue of Liberty it says "Give me your tired, your hungry, your poor,your huddled masses...yearning to be free." It does not say give me your shiftless, your greedy, your indolent, your criminals, looking for a free ticket.

No, you do not get to shift goal posts. I asked you a question. Answer it, or be ignored.

Boris The Animal
07-24-2016, 01:13 AM
A serious question!

I admit upfront, btw, that I am a democrat.You misspelled Communist, but we Conservatives are tolerant of deviance.

Bethere
07-24-2016, 01:17 AM
No, you do not get to shift goal posts. I asked you a question. Answer it, or be ignored.

Cool. I see where you are coming from. Give me a Democratic primary ballot or give me death.

I am a Democrat. I deny nothing.

Now, please answer my query. Derrick? Or Donald?

Bethere
07-24-2016, 01:50 AM
You misspelled Communist, but we Conservatives are tolerant of deviance.

I have a great brain. Believe me.

kilgram
07-24-2016, 02:29 AM

I am an independent now.
I don't understand how you voted for Reagan or Bush sr. If they were spending like drunken Republican :) Yes, the spending and deficit has been increased during the Republican terms and reduced during the Democrat terms.

waltky
07-24-2016, 03:00 AM
possum got a sheepish look on his face.

Peter1469
07-24-2016, 04:00 AM
I don't understand how you voted for Reagan or Bush sr. If they were spending like drunken Republican :) Yes, the spending and deficit has been increased during the Republican terms and reduced during the Democrat terms.

First, I was a Neocon when I was younger. I would have made Ransom look like war-protester. I saw first hand the futility of our foriegn policy and learned. No arm chair for me.

Second, the deficits under Reagan and Bush I were nothing compared to the deficits under Bush II and Obama. Reagan's deficits were a rounding error compared with Obama's budget.

Mac-7
07-24-2016, 04:43 AM
Thanks

Let's play a game.

Round 1:

I'll play along just to see where it goes.

We will assume for the sake of argument it was Trump.

Specifically which part of the quote offends you and why?

donttread
07-24-2016, 07:07 AM

They are probably embarassed.

donttread
07-24-2016, 07:20 AM

The process out of the donephant is like recovering from an addiction or more specifically like being de-programed after time with a cult. It takes time. One day you think you're healed and the next you are reminded of some mindless nonsense you had been led to believe and need to purge the propaganda again. This process takes time, which may answer your question.
After a while though it becomes difficult to deal with partisans because of their refusal to listen to facts, empirical evidence, common sense or to ever let go of a bad idea because it either never worked or stopped working long ago. When you realize the world is run on emotion and ego instead of science, fact and real world evidence of success and failure you realize how difficult the road ahead is , but you must try to share what you have learned.

Safety
07-24-2016, 07:21 AM
They are probably embarassed.
You misspelled really.

hanger4
07-24-2016, 07:35 AM

What I find shocking Bethere is how you could possibly know how many registered Repubs there are at tPF to even make a statement like that.

hanger4
07-24-2016, 07:51 AM
You misspelled really.

Safety, you've been hear long enough to know. Who are the embarrassed Repubs ?? Bethere seems to know, of course it's not answering the question.

Subdermal
07-24-2016, 08:15 AM
Cool. I see where you are coming from. Give me a Democratic primary ballot or give me death.

I am a Democrat. I deny nothing.

Now, please answer my query. Derrick? Or Donald?

I didn't ask you if you were a Democrat. That was obvious in the first post. Look again, and answer properly.

Docthehun
07-24-2016, 10:24 AM
"Death by a thousand cuts." He's proving once again and in pretty short order, how really good at this he is. Despite what you may think, he's a veteran professional with big league experience. So trust me, he'll test my fellow Republicans to the limit. Brush up on your "A" game. He's a prolific reader which should tell you something. He's just warming up and testing the waters. But hey. don't take my word for it.

Good times!

Bethere
07-24-2016, 12:24 PM
Safety, you've been hear long enough to know. Who are the embarrassed Repubs ?? Bethere seems to know, of course it's not answering the question.

Where on earth did I say I knew who everyone was on this forum, let alone who was a Republican?

I am sure that you will be good enough to provide a quote.

List it below, and thanks in advance.

Bethere
07-24-2016, 12:27 PM
I'll play along just to see where it goes.

We will assume for the sake of argument it was Trump.

Specifically which part of the quote offends you and why?

I didn't say that the quote offended me.

Why would it? Feel free to speculate.

The quote is derrick the skinhead's from American history X. 20 years ago, it seemed edgy, racist, and radical.

And now it sounds exactly like the Republican party platform.

The last bit about the statue of liberty? Trump ripped that off and uses it in his stump speech 2 or 3 times every day without attribution.

Just like his wife and son did.

Thanks for playing our game.

AZ Jim
07-24-2016, 12:28 PM
It's what they do. Troll all day and all night.This from the biggest TROLL on this board.

Bethere
07-24-2016, 12:40 PM
I didn't ask you if you were a Democrat. That was obvious in the first post. Look again, and answer properly.

The rest of your post was characterized by your personal opinions about democratic performance in office. That is to be expected and I have no issue with it except that I disagree with what is and what is likely to be your disagreement.

I, in turn, could and would offer you the same treatment.

And yet, the person who claims to be an independent but whose actual performance is party line seeks to evade responsibility for the results of their voting behavior.

hanger4
07-24-2016, 12:46 PM
Where on earth did I say I knew who everyone was on this forum, let alone who was a Republican?

I am sure that you will be good enough to provide a quote.

List it below, and thanks in advance.

Your own words Bethere;

If know how few stepped forward then you must know how many there are.

hanger4
07-24-2016, 12:50 PM
"Death by a thousand cuts." He's proving once again and in pretty short order, how really good at this he is. Despite what you may think, he's a veteran professional with big league experience. So trust me, he'll test my fellow Republicans to the limit. Brush up on your "A" game. He's a prolific reader which should tell you something. He's just warming up and testing the waters. But hey. don't take my word for it.

Good times!

Actually he's not very good at it, he's mostly looking foolish. Hell he's even admitted he has a talent for 'ignoring'.

hanger4
07-24-2016, 12:51 PM
This from the biggest TROLL on this board.

Won't argue that.

AZ Jim
07-24-2016, 12:52 PM
The rest of your post was characterized by your personal opinions about democratic performance in office. That is to be expected and I have no issue with it except that I disagree with what is and what is likely to be your disagreement.

And yet, the person who claims to be an independent but whose actual performance is party line seeks to evade responsibility for the results of their voting behavior.Yes our "independents" are using that title as a bomb shelter.

hanger4
07-24-2016, 12:57 PM
Yes our "independents" are using that title as a bomb shelter.

Amazing how much you two seem to know about everybody while knowing nobody.

I'd still like to know how Bethere knows few Repubs stepped forward ??

Bethere
07-24-2016, 12:57 PM
Your own words Bethere;

If know how few stepped forward then you must know how many there are.

I didn't say how many, I said how few.

I know how few by reading the thread that i created where they have graciously stepped forward to be counted--easily.

Most of your act seems to be based on setting up your opponent with a false quote and/or premise and then setting the strawman that you created on fire.

I have seen it before. I've seen better.

Bethere
07-24-2016, 01:02 PM

It's OK if you disagree with us. We can't force you to be right.

hanger4
07-24-2016, 01:03 PM
I didn't say how many, I said how few.

I know how few by reading the thread where they have graciously stepped forward to be counted.

Most of your act seems to be based on setting up your opponent with a false quote and/or premise and then setting the strawman that you created on fire.

I have seen it before. I've seen better.

Oh stop with the false quote BS. The only way you could surmise how few is to know how many. Frick Bethere that's 3rd grade deduction.

hanger4
07-24-2016, 01:08 PM
It's OK if you disagree with us. We can't force you to be right.

Run out of argument again I see. :grin:

Bethere
07-24-2016, 01:12 PM
Oh stop with the false quote BS. The only way you could surmise how few is to know how many. Frick Bethere that's 3rd grade deduction.

I will never accept your false quotes willingly. You are not talented enough to write dialog for bethere.

Bethere
07-24-2016, 01:13 PM
Run out of argument again I see. :grin:

"You ran."

See what I meant about your lack of talent?

Green Arrow
07-24-2016, 01:15 PM
Yes our "independents" are using that title as a bomb shelter.

How did you get such deep and personal knowledge of people you've never met?

Bethere
07-24-2016, 01:22 PM
How did you get such deep and personal knowledge of people you've never met?

Some people actually are independent, presumably such as yourself.

Personally, I never said otherwise. Neither did az jim. That's why he said independent with quotation marks around it.

But there are lots of bashful Republicans hiding behind you trying to evade responsibility for their voting history.

Mac-7
07-24-2016, 01:22 PM
I didn't say that the quote offended me.

Why would it? Feel free to speculate.

The quote is derrick the skinhead's from American history X. 20 years ago, it seemed edgy, racist, and radical.

And now it sounds exactly like the Republican party platform.

The last bit about the statue of liberty? Trump ripped that off and uses it in his stump speech 2 or 3 times every day without attribution.

Just like his wife and son did.

you are saying it now by dancing around rather than getting to the point.

it seems that derrick, if he ever existed, made an impression on you.

and now trump is making an impression on you and millions of other people.

so what part of the quote offends you and why?

hanger4
07-24-2016, 01:26 PM
"You ran."

See what I meant about your lack of talent?

Your continual deflection isn't a talent, it's a failing.

Green Arrow
07-24-2016, 01:27 PM
Some people actually are independent, presumably such as yourself.

Personally, I never said otherwise. Neither did az jim. That's why he said independent with quotation marks around it.

But there are lots of bashful Republicans hiding behind you trying to evade responsibility for their voting history.

I didn't say anything about what either of you said about me personally.

Bethere
07-24-2016, 01:27 PM
you are saying it now by dancing around rather that getting to the point.

it seems that derrick, if he ever existed, made an impression on you.

and now trump is making an impression on you and millions of other people.

so what part of the quote offends you and why?

I am no fan of xenophobia. The whole quote is offensive. America will never become the place that derrick or the small-handed donald envision.

Bethere
07-24-2016, 01:30 PM
I didn't say anything about what either of you said about me personally.

I agree, that is why you deserved clarity via a quick response.

hanger4
I will never accept your false quotes willingly. You are not talented enough to write dialog for bethere.

Never posted a false quote.

But it's good to see you're beginning to understand what ad hominem means.

AZ Jim
How did you get such deep and personal knowledge of people you've never met?I don't need to know them personally to make that pronouncement.

Bethere
07-24-2016, 01:32 PM
Your continual deflection isn't a talent, it's a failing.

I congratulate you on having both a subject and a predicate in your statement.

I have inspired you.

hanger4
07-24-2016, 01:33 PM

You know this how ??

hanger4
07-24-2016, 01:37 PM
I congratulate you on having both a subject and a predicate in your statement.

I have inspired you.

Cool, I like grammar Nazis. They remind me of my grade school days, it also shows a lack of intelligent discourse.

Bethere
07-24-2016, 01:38 PM
You know this how ??

Because of the hundreds of posters on this forum there simply must be more than the half dozen or so proud Republicans who stepped forward on this thread.

What a great answer!

I am good, huh?

Bethere
07-24-2016, 01:40 PM
Cool, I like grammar Nazis. They remind me of my grade school days, it also shows a lack of intelligent discourse.

Incomplete sentences are a better indicator of a lack of intelligent discourse.

hanger4
07-24-2016, 01:45 PM
Incomplete sentences are a better indicator of a lack of intelligent discourse.

Seems you enjoy the grammar Nazi role. I'm a guessin you look snappy in Brown.

Mac-7
07-24-2016, 01:47 PM
I am no fan of xenophobia. The whole quote is offensive.

America will never become the place that derrick or the small-handed donald envision.

Here is the quote again for anyone who missed it:

Round 1:

I think we are there now.

so does trump and so do the millions of Americans who will vote for him in november.

the immigration problem has spiraled out of control and is only getting worse.

illegal aliens have committed millions of crimes in America during the past 20 years and there is excuse for allowing it to continue.

Green Arrow
07-24-2016, 01:48 PM
I don't need to know them personally to make that pronouncement.

Who are they?

Bethere
07-24-2016, 01:59 PM
I think we are there now.

so does trump and so do the millions of Americans who will vote for him in november.

the immigration problem has spiraled out of control and is only getting worse.

illegal aliens have committed millions of crimes in America during the past 20 years and there is excuse for allowing it to continue.

Thanks for illustrating why my game was such an appropriate exercise.

Usually, small-handed Donald just rips off the last sentence, but two weeks ago he ripped off the pinata bit as well.

Donald doesn't respect other people's personal or intellectual property. Your stuff is his stuff.

Mac-7
07-24-2016, 02:15 PM
Thanks for illustrating why my game was such an appropriate exercise.

Usually, small-handed Donald just rips off the last sentence, but two weeks ago he ripped off the pinata bit as well.

Donald doesn't respect other people's personal or intellectual property. Your stuff is his stuff.

Uh, ok.

but if this is all the game you have you may be playing with yourself most of the time.

because you have been pretty inconsequential so far

Bethere
07-24-2016, 02:30 PM
Uh, ok.

but if this is all the game you have you may be playing with yourself most of the time.

because you have been pretty inconsequential so far

.. or so you say, with the 102nd post of my thread.

Good times!

Subdermal
07-24-2016, 02:34 PM

And yet, the person who claims to be an independent but whose actual performance is party line seeks to evade responsibility for the results of their voting behavior.

My post contained a question that you have now dodged 4 times.

Archer0915
07-24-2016, 02:44 PM
A serious question!

I was a registered democrat (state and federal are not the same) but somehow when I went to vote Sanders in the primary... I was a republican. Go figure, I will be registering (I) from this point forward.

Mac-7
07-24-2016, 02:55 PM
.. or so you say, with the 102nd post of my thread.

Good times!

If thats what it takes to give meaning to your life then congratulations

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 12:45 AM

Good times!

Really good at what? Looking stupid and getting his butt kissed by random guys?

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 12:46 AM
Bethere, when are you going to share your list of closet Republicans with everyone? We're dying to know.

Bethere
07-25-2016, 01:02 AM

I must seem like a god to you.

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 01:06 AM
Because of the hundreds of posters on this forum there simply must be more than the half dozen or so proud Republicans who stepped forward on this thread.

What a great answer!

I am good, huh?

You're actually very bad at this.

But like most leftwing authoritarian types, you have a very fine opinion of yourself.

Anyway, there aren't really "hundreds" of "posters". There are probably a few dozen at most.

Many forum members either post sporadically or not at all. Many others have left the forum.

And even the ones who post regularly aren't guaranteed to see your thread.

But judging by the admissions you've received so far, I'm inclined to believe that most regularly posting Republicans have admitted they are indeed Republicans.

You've been here for about ten seconds, so I can understand your confusion. Maybe try to be less presumptuous next time?

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 01:06 AM

The god of pettiness, perhaps.

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 01:14 AM
They couldn't handle a Democrat and a Republican treating each other with respect and actually agreeing on as much as we do.

It will be the same here.

Indeed, a conspiracy is afoot, and you've stepped squarely into its midst.

Tread lightly, for "they" are watching you...

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 01:21 AM

You have to keep in mind that Democrats will label anyone who disagrees with them a Republican. They have a really hard time accepting the fact that people can dislike the Democrat agenda on a non-partisan basis. If someone disagrees with Democrats, it must be because they are some kind of Republican loyalist. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with a reasonable, principled objection to their authoritarian agenda.

Mac-7
07-25-2016, 01:23 AM

You seem like an isolated person seeking attention

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 01:24 AM

So who are they? I'm dying to know!

Bethere
07-25-2016, 01:35 AM
So who are they? I'm dying to know!

You have to keep in mind that Democrats will label anyone who disagrees with them a Republican. They have a really hard time accepting the fact that people can dislike the Democrat agenda on a non-partisan basis. If someone disagrees with Democrats, it must be because they are some kind of Republican loyalist. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with a reasonable, principled objection to their authoritarian agenda.

Indeed, a conspiracy is afoot, and you've stepped squarely into its midst.

Tread lightly, for "they" are watching you...

The god of pettiness, perhaps.

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 01:40 AM
I am no fan of xenophobia. The whole quote is offensive. America will never become the place that derrick or the small-handed donald envision.

"America" is just an idea.

And there are multiple conflicting versions of it held by large subsections of the populace.

Regardless of who wins the presidential election this year, the political union at the heart of "America" is likely to dissolve as a result of these irreconcilable ideological differences.

The entire point of a political system within the context of a nation is to bring the collective aspirations of that nation to fruition.

But the increasing divides between and among the "left" and "right" in America ensure that will never happen, meaning both sides will feel increasingly alienated, marginalized, and oppressed by the political system as time goes on.

As a libertarian decentralist, I think this is long overdue. The anti-federalists were very prescient in their warnings about the pitfalls of a consolidated government. Letters from the Federal Farmer (http://www.constitution.org/afp/fedfar00.htm) would be a good place to start if you want to understand why the "union" is on increasingly shaky ground.

The general consensus among modern scholars is that Richard Henry Lee authored those essays, but I'm of the opinion that it was the lesser known Melancton Smith.

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 01:42 AM

Let us know when you want to put a face on the forum conspiracy. We have a right to know.

Mac-7
07-25-2016, 01:44 AM
"America" is just an idea.

And there are multiple conflicting versions of it held by large subsections of the populace.

Regardless of who wins the presidential election this year, the political union at the heart of "America" is likely to dissolve as a result of these irreconcilable ideological differences.

The entire point of a political system within the context of a nation is to bring the collective aspirations of that nation to fruition.

But the increasing divides between and among the "left" and "right" in America ensure that will never happen, meaning both sides will feel increasingly alienated, marginalized, and oppressed by the political system as time goes on.

As a libertarian decentralist, I think this is long overdue.

The anti-federalists were very prescient in their warnings about the pitfalls of a consolidated government. Letters from the Federal Farmer (http://www.constitution.org/afp/fedfar00.htm) would be a good place to start if you want to understand why the "union" is on increasingly shaky ground.

You are as nutty as he is.

Make that a three way breakup of America.

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 01:50 AM
You are as nutty as he is.

How am I wrong?

Make that a three way breakup of America.

The US political system should be decentralized and localized until every ideological and cultural movement in America has a genuinely democratic political system that operates independently of the others. Whether that results in three separate nations or a hundred is a matter of degree and not principle.

The thought and practice of sharing my political sovereignty and destiny with people like you and "bethere" is repugnant, as I'm sure it's equally repugnant to you. Therefore, the only peaceable and moral solution is to dissolve the political bands between us and to create separate, independent political systems that will allow us to realize our respective aspirations.

We can still trade and remain on a peaceful footing, but we don't need to continue this farcical "union" between us that serves the interests of neither party in the way a truly independent system could.

Bethere
07-25-2016, 02:41 AM
How am I wrong?

Texas v White.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_v._White

There's no way out of here
When you come in you're in for good
There was no promise made
The part you played
The chance you took.

--David Gilmour

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 03:22 AM
Texas v White.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_v._White

There's no way out of here
When you come in you're in for good
There was no promise made
The part you played
The chance you took.

--David Gilmour

You're making a legal argument as if it were the word of god.

Bethere
07-25-2016, 04:04 AM

600,000 men died to make it sound so.

Mac-7
07-25-2016, 06:06 AM

I doubt if either of you believe in God.

But the unelected superbeings on the Supreme Court are treated like gods here in lib la la land.

They are not always right, but their word is law.

more power to the states and less power in Washington would be a good thing but it does not seem to be happening.

better you should worry about stopping liberals and democrsts from turning over more power to international organizations like the UN and others that could rule America from Geneva or Brussels .

Truth Detector
07-25-2016, 06:17 AM
A serious question!

Damned funny, yet moronic, stuff. :rofl:

As if Republicans had anything to be ashamed of. Meanwhile, Hitlery and her running mate continue trashing the failures of the last eight years of the Obama Presidency.

The funniest stupidity I have seen from the Dems is their platform suggesting College should be free, healthcare should be free and that the wall street billionaires who support Hitlery should be taken to task.

Wall Street loves Obama and the Democrats; they've done fantastic with Feds policy to print money and give it away for nearly nothing. Black youth and the rest of us; not so great.

Docthehun
07-25-2016, 07:44 AM

Let's see. By a veteran's description, this forum has relatively few participants and has lost quite a few posters. This thread has generated 13 pages of posts and climbing. Appears his original question has hit upon a sore spot right out of the gate. I'd bet some of you are already logging in more often. For me personally, having witnessed this for many years, it has high entertainment value and is a pleasant break from another of my addictions, Fox Business News, the truly unbiased truth.

Chris
07-25-2016, 08:19 AM
Let's see. By a veteran's description, this forum has relatively few participants and has lost quite a few posters. This thread has generated 13 pages of posts and climbing. Appears his original question has hit upon a sore spot right out of the gate. I'd bet some of you are already logging in more often. For me personally, having witnessed this for many years, it has high entertainment value and is a pleasant break from another of my addictions, Fox Business News, the truly unbiased truth.

Right, gotcha threads are so popular. And so easy to keep alive by simply rejecting every answer received. And having a partner to keep bumping the thread with flattery and, 11 posts in, a know-it-all about this forum.

That also describes trolling.

Chris
07-25-2016, 08:20 AM

Legal positivism.

Docthehun
07-25-2016, 08:37 AM
Right, gotcha threads are so popular. And so easy to keep alive by simply rejecting every answer received. And having a partner to keep bumping the thread with flattery and, 11 posts in, a know-it-all about this forum.

4 Gold Stars!

Chris
07-25-2016, 08:40 AM
4 Gold Stars!

So I was right.

Safety
07-25-2016, 08:56 AM

Sounds like the majority of the partisan threads here.

Chris
07-25-2016, 08:57 AM
Sounds like the majority of the partisan threads here.

It does.

Docthehun
07-25-2016, 10:53 AM
So I was right.

Congratulations!

Thanks for playing!

Good times.

Chris
07-25-2016, 11:22 AM
Congratulations!

Thanks for playing!

Good times.

Good, now you admit you're trolling. 13 posts, must be a record.

nic34
07-25-2016, 11:26 AM
A serious question!

What do you want to know, voting history or actual registration?

I am registered as an independent, and admit to voting for candidates of several parties.

Subdermal
07-25-2016, 12:10 PM
Congratulations!

Thanks for playing!

Good times.

Anyone seeing a curious pattern between bethere's posts, and this guy's?

IP track in order.

Docthehun
07-25-2016, 12:27 PM
Good, now you admit you're trolling. 13 posts, must be a record.

If I did, I wasn't aware of it. As far as records go, I don't have a clue.

Docthehun
07-25-2016, 12:28 PM
Anyone seeing a curious pattern between bethere's posts, and this guy's?

IP track in order.

Put Trey Gowdy on it and get back with us on the results of your investigation.

Good times.

Chris
07-25-2016, 12:32 PM
If I did, I wasn't aware of it. As far as records go, I don't have a clue.

"Thanks for playing!"

hanger4
07-25-2016, 12:36 PM

Good times.

Will you withhold relevant docs and drag out it out to waste taxpayer funds till your home-brew server is discovered ??

Just askin

Docthehun
07-25-2016, 01:13 PM
Will you withhold relevant docs and drag out it out to waste taxpayer funds till your home-brew server is discovered ??

Just askin

Actually, I have three private servers, but you're free to waste taxpayer money since it won't be the first time and I pay as little personal and corporate tax as possible. As far as relevant docs, get a warrant.

Docthehun
07-25-2016, 01:14 PM
"Thanks for playing!"

"You're welcome!"

Good times!

Subdermal
07-25-2016, 01:18 PM

Good times.

Actually, I have three private servers, but you're free to waste taxpayer money since it won't be the first time and I pay as little personal and corporate tax as possible. As far as relevant docs, get a warrant.

Three private servers.

Just the kind of setup one with multiple accounts would need to avoid IP track cloning accusations.

Yes, I believe bethere and you are the same poster.

Chris
07-25-2016, 01:29 PM
"You're welcome!"

Good times!

Uh, I was quoting you. Forget who you were posting as?

hanger4
07-25-2016, 01:32 PM

Dodge ball much ??

hanger4
07-25-2016, 01:36 PM
Three private servers.

Just the kind of setup one with multiple accounts would need to avoid IP track cloning accusations.

Yes, I believe bethere and you are the same poster.

Their style is quite similar. They both tend to ignore the salient points of the post they respond to.

Docthehun
07-25-2016, 01:54 PM
The conspiracy theorists are alive and well. Carry on.

Good times.

hanger4
07-25-2016, 02:07 PM
The conspiracy theorists are alive and well. Carry on.

Good times.

And you're still playing dodge ball.

Carry on.

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 02:24 PM
600,000 men died to make it sound so.

So if 600,000 people die over something, then it becomes true?

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 02:27 PM
I doubt if either of you believe in God.

Your belief in God is just as questionable.

But the unelected superbeings on the Supreme Court are treated like gods here in lib la la land.

You treat them that way, too. I don't see much difference in how you interpret the law than Democrats.

They are not always right, but their word is law.

Where does the constitution say that their word is law? Why do you interpret the constitution in the exact same way as progressive Democrats?

more power to the states and less power in Washington would be a good thing but it does not seem to be happening.

better you should worry about stopping liberals and democrsts from turning over more power to international organizations like the UN and others that could rule America from Geneva or Brussels .

I can worry about both at the same time, but unlike you, I don't believe the SCOTUS are Gods who can force people to do whatever they want.

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 02:29 PM

You sound really confused about what is happening right now.

Docthehun
07-25-2016, 02:58 PM
You sound really confused about what is happening right now.

What exactly do I seem confused about? I'll do my best to clarify.

Bethere
07-25-2016, 03:35 PM

Almost 2500 page views, but only 5 Republicans stepped forward.

You deserved better teammates.

Docthehun
07-25-2016, 04:32 PM

Par for the course as of late, wouldn't you agree?

Hey, we're tied for points. This is unacceptable and only fuels the conspiracy theory. :smiley:

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 04:33 PM

Pretty much everything.

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 04:34 PM

And what percentage of those 2,500 page views came from actual members of the forum who are registered Republicans?

Bethere
07-25-2016, 04:38 PM
Par for the course as of late, wouldn't you agree?

They are gutless.

Their aim is to attack other poster's voting records without having to be defend their own.

It is one of the reasons I respect you. You are honest.

I can't say that about many 21st century Republicans.

"The wheels on the bus go up and down,
Up and down
Up and down.
The wheels on the bus go up and down
All through the town."

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 04:41 PM
They are gutless.

And who are they, exactly? Which forum members are withholding their status as Republicans?

Bethere
07-25-2016, 04:46 PM
And who are they, exactly? Which forum members are withholding their status as Republicans?

I never said I knew! That's why I started the thread!

Imagine my surprise. This is the second hottest thread on this forum with over 150 posts and 2500 page views in the last 48 hours and only 5 people claimed to be Republicans.

I can only assume that there are only 5 Republicans here.

Bethere
07-25-2016, 04:48 PM
Pretty much everything.

You couldn't tie Doc's shoes.

Ravens Fan
07-25-2016, 04:52 PM
Something just stinks of socks in this thread...

...oh, and on-topic, I am an Independent who is registered as a Democrat because I live in Maryland. No one but Democrats have a voice here locally.

Mac-7
07-25-2016, 04:54 PM

No one is requred to play Go Fetch with you.

you can start a thread but it does not mean we have to do what you want

Bethere
07-25-2016, 05:00 PM
Something just stinks of socks in this thread...

...oh, and on-topic, I am an Independent who is registered as a Democrat because I live in Maryland. No one but Democrats have a voice here locally.

Of course you are!
:rollseyes:

Bethere
07-25-2016, 05:01 PM

You would think that you would be proud.

But you are not.

Docthehun
07-25-2016, 05:02 PM

You already have fulfilled his mission. Carry on.

Good times!

Docthehun
07-25-2016, 05:11 PM

We haven't discussed this, but I'm actually glad Trump is the nominee. My hope is that the folks supporting him splinter off into their own party and that those of us who remain, rebuild a party actually capable of winning a national election. You know, bi-partisan support or dare I say, "compromise".

Bethere
07-25-2016, 05:12 PM
You already have fulfilled his mission. Carry on.

Good times!

Docthehun
07-25-2016, 05:15 PM

As usual, you've brought a smile to my face. Carry on lad.

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 05:16 PM
I never said I knew!

If you don't know how many closeted Republicans are on posting on this forum, then what you basing your "shock" on?

That's why I started the thread!

Imagine my surprise. This is the second hottest thread on this forum with over 150 posts and 2500 page views in the last 48 hours and only 5 people claimed to be Republicans.

I can only assume that there are only 5 Republicans here.

Okay, let's break down the numbers.

By my count, those 150 posts were made by about thirty-two members. You claim five of them admit to being Republicans. That's about 15.5% response rate. Does that seem low to you? If so, why?

As for the 2,500 "page views", the large majority of those come from bots. So we can probably assume based on conventional web analytics that about 65% of those page views are not humans.

Of the 35% page views that probably are human, they fall into one of two categories: Registered and non-registered.

Registered members can be further broken down into three categories: Regular posters, semi-regular posters, and lurkers.

Now, I don't know what categories those approximately 875 people who viewed this thread fall into. But based on the nearly three years I've been posting here, I'm inclined to say that most of them are not what I would call "regular posters". At any given time, there seems to be somewhere between eighty and one-hundred people who post with any kind of regularity.

But even though you've been posting on this forum for a few days, you seem to know the forum composition and dynamics much better than me, judging by your "shock" at the response rates.

So why don't you clue me in already? Show me up with your vast knowledge of this topic.

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 05:16 PM
You couldn't tie Doc's shoes.

He probably uses velcro judging by the quality of his posts.

Bethere
07-25-2016, 05:19 PM
We haven't discussed this, but I'm actually glad Trump is the nominee. My hope is that the folks supporting him splinter off into their own party and that those of us who remain, rebuild a party actually capable of winning a national election. You know, bi-partisan support or dare I say, "compromise".

As a Democrat in hopelessly/monolithically Republican Miami county, Ohio I embraced that kind of reality a long time ago.

It is better to get things done than to tilt at windmills.

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 05:20 PM
Of course you are!

Can you blame him for being suspicious? You and doc are running around kissing each other's butts even though your thread is falling flat on its face.

Peter1469
07-25-2016, 05:20 PM

Like Bush the Younger?

Ravens Fan
07-25-2016, 05:22 PM
Of course you are!

I am for gay rights, gun rights, legalization of pot and less government. I am anti abortion, but do not think the Federal Government should involve itself in the issue. I am Agnostic, but feel that Christians have been taking a lot of abuse in this country lately. And I am a gay man who thinks the baker should not have to bake the cake.

I do not vote based on what letter is behind a candidates name, and I do not decide my position on any given issue based on the party line. I am not sure how much more independent one can get. Why don't you have your "friend" who cant stop singing your praises let me know?

Bethere
07-25-2016, 05:23 PM
If you don't know how many closeted Republicans are on posting on this forum, then what you basing your "shock" on?

Okay, let's break down the numbers.

By my count, those 150 posts were made by about thirty-two members. You claim five of them admit to being Republicans. That's about 15.5% response rate. Does that seem low to you? If so, why?

As for the 2,500 "page views", the large majority of those come from bots. So we can probably assume based on conventional web analytics that about 65% of those page views are not humans.

Of the 35% page views that probably are human, they fall into one of two categories: Registered and non-registered.

Registered members can be further broken down into three categories: Regular posters, semi-regular posters, and lurkers.

Now, I don't know what categories those approximately 875 people who viewed this thread fall into. But based on the nearly three years I've been posting here, I'm inclined to say that most of them are not what I would call "regular posters". At any given time, there seems to be somewhere between eighty and one-hundred people who post with any kind of regularity.

But even though you've been posting on this forum for a few days, you seem to know the forum composition and dynamics much better than me, judging by your "shock" at the response rates.

So why don't you clue me in already? Show me up with your vast knowledge of this topic.

I wouldn't have started the thread if I possessed an a priori awareness of this forum's composition.

I suppose that you are an 'independent' as well?

Mac-7
07-25-2016, 05:24 PM
You would think that you would be proud.

But you are not.

You and your buddy are a little too obvious as trolls.

If you search my posts you will find that I am a republican.

Chris
07-25-2016, 05:24 PM
As a Democrat in hopelessly/monolithically Republican Miami county, Ohio I embraced that kind of reality a long time ago.

It is better to get things done than to tilt at windmills.

That seems to be the problem with partisans, get things done, blindly, just do something, anything. Which, if you think about it, amounts to tilting at windmills. You and your unicorn government.

Bethere
07-25-2016, 05:26 PM
Like Bush the Younger?

More like bush senior whose tax hike cost him his job, and yet was the gop's ONLY contribution to Clinton's balanced budgets.

Peter1469
07-25-2016, 05:28 PM
More like bush senior whose tax hike cost him his job, and yet was the gop's ONLY contribution to Clinton's balanced budgets.

You seem intelligent enough to read the CBO numbers and see what they show.

It is spending that is the problem.

Bethere
07-25-2016, 05:28 PM
Can you blame him for being suspicious? You and doc are running around kissing each other's butts even though your thread is falling flat on its face.

2500 page views in the last 48 hours say that you are kidding yourself.

Chris
07-25-2016, 05:30 PM

Everyone loves an accident.

Bethere
07-25-2016, 05:30 PM
You seem intelligent enough to read the CBO numbers and see what they show.

It is spending that is the problem.

All I know is that Kasich's balanced budget act of 1997 took effect in 1998 well after the budget was balanced.

Good times!

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 05:31 PM
I wouldn't have started the thread if I possessed an a priori awareness of this forum's composition.

I suppose that you are an 'independent' as well?

So if you don't know how many Republicans post here, then why are you shocked at the response rate?

I'm a libertarian. I've never voted in my life.

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 05:33 PM

I already informed you that the large majority of those page views are from bots. And just because someone viewed your thread does not mean it's succeeding. I doubt car crash victims feel like winners just because people slow down to gawk at their misfortunes.

Bethere
07-25-2016, 05:35 PM
You and your buddy are a little too obvious as trolls.

If you search my posts you will find that I am a republican.

Good for you.

And then there were 6.

Bethere
07-25-2016, 05:37 PM
I already informed you that the large majority of those page views are from bots. And just because someone viewed your thread does not mean it's succeeding. I doubt car crash victims feel like winners just because people slow down to gawk at their misfortunes.

And the bots prefer this thread to all others on this forum except for one?

You can do better than that! At least that's what I believe.

Chris
07-25-2016, 05:38 PM

At the moment the only two viewing this thread are these two newbies. The bots and spiders have lost interest.

Bethere
07-25-2016, 05:42 PM
At the moment the only two viewing this thread are these two newbies. The bots and spiders have lost interest.

If doc and i are the only 2 here, then how could I be corresponding with you?

Common
07-25-2016, 05:43 PM
If doc and i are the only 2 here, then how could I be corresponding with you?

Mods view all threads and posts, chris is a mod

Bethere
07-25-2016, 05:45 PM
Mods view all threads and posts, chris is a mod

Alright. If chris is right, then how could I be corresponding with you?

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 05:45 PM
And the bots prefer this thread to all others on this forum except for one?

You can do better than that! At least that's what I believe.

Bots are directed to pages that have more activity. Conventional web analytics tells us that most web traffic on small-to-medium-sized websites like this one come from bots.

Bethere
07-25-2016, 05:50 PM
Bots are directed to pages that have more activity. Conventional web analytics tells us that most web traffic on small-to-medium-sized websites like this one come from bots.

How can you be posting when chris the omniscient mod and common the veteran poster swear that only doc and I are here?

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 05:58 PM
How can you be posting when chris the omniscient mod and common the veteran poster swear that only doc and I are here?

You'll have to ask Chris about that.

All I know is that there are currently 507 active users online, forty-two of which are actual members. The remainder of them are guests who don't post and bots.

But if you want to believe there is some kind of Republican conspiracy plaguing the forum, then who am I to stand in your way?

Bethere
07-25-2016, 06:08 PM

All I know is that there are currently 507 active users online, forty-two of which are actual members. The remainder of them are guests who don't post and bots.

But if you want to believe there is some kind of Republican conspiracy plaguing the forum, then who am I to stand in your way?

42 members, 6 of which admit being a Republican.

Good times!

And in this period of gross inactivity we have added 50 more posts from actual members.

No other thread on this forum approaches that.

Chris
07-25-2016, 06:10 PM

Address me as a member.

Don't you have access to http://thepoliticalforums.com/online.php?

You'll see doc and you hovering over the thread like vultures.

Peter1469
07-25-2016, 06:15 PM
All I know is that Kasich's balanced budget act of 1997 took effect in 1998 well after the budget was balanced.

Good times!

States have a much harder time deficit spending than does the federal government.

Bethere
07-25-2016, 06:16 PM
Address me as a member.

Don't you have access to http://thepoliticalforums.com/online.php?

You'll see doc and you hovering over the thread like vultures.

Sure, you are a member...

Hanger4
Chris
Common
Ethereal
Doc
Me.

That's 6.

6 is as many people monitoring this forum at this second as there are claiming to be Republicans at the Political Forum.

And that is 14% of all actual members I am told.

Good times!

jimmyz
07-25-2016, 06:16 PM

Good times!

And in this period of gross inactivity we have added 50 more posts from actual members.

Would you like those "6" to have to sew a yellow R on there clothing?

hanger4
07-25-2016, 06:18 PM

Way cool, a Repub conspiracy. Ain't never been part of no conspiracy, least ways that I be aware of.

Docthehun
07-25-2016, 06:18 PM
I am for gay rights, gun rights, legalization of pot and less government. I am anti abortion, but do not think the Federal Government should involve itself in the issue. I am Agnostic, but feel that Christians have been taking a lot of abuse in this country lately. And I am a gay man who thinks the baker should not have to bake the cake.

I do not vote based on what letter is behind a candidates name, and I do not decide my position on any given issue based on the party line. I am not sure how much more independent one can get. Why don't you have your "friend" who cant stop singing your praises let me know?

I agree across the board. I'm a lifelong Catholic, wish there were no abortions but abhor the notion that a bunch of white guys should be deciding the issue. I should say, I probably have a more restrictive view of gun rights, but I had a sister murdered in 1978 and perhaps have a different perspective than many. I won't speak for him, but I believe Bethere would pretty much agree as well.

Captain Obvious
07-25-2016, 06:19 PM
I used to be a republican

del
07-25-2016, 06:21 PM
i used to be a whig

jimmyz
07-25-2016, 06:23 PM
i used to be a whig

Anything you "used to be" is better than what you've become.

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 06:24 PM

What does that prove?

From a few people posting back and forth to one another.

Are you really trying to brag on this thread as if it's a big deal or something? I started a thread called "Democrats & Phony Outrage" that has over 8,000 views, yet only a few admitted Democrats actually posted in that thread. I suppose that means there are a bunch of Democrats on this forum who are afraid to admit what they are and to stand up for their party allegiance?

Captain Obvious
07-25-2016, 06:24 PM
i used to be a whig

Afro?

del
07-25-2016, 06:25 PM
Anything you "used to be" is better than what you've become.

still bitter about the flag, huh, jimbo?

tough shit

hanger4
i used to be a whig

Whig ?? Dang, sorry, all this time I thought you were a hair-ball.

Love ya :grin:

Ethereal
Way cool, a Repub conspiracy. Ain't never been part of no conspiracy, least ways that I be aware of.

You need to tell everyone who your compatriots are. We know you're hiding them.

Bethere
07-25-2016, 06:26 PM
States have a much harder time deficit spending than does the federal government.

That's too bad.

Gross domestic product = consumption + investment + government spending + trade balance.

So every penny the government spends goes directly towards the gross national product--the only measure we have of national economic growth.

If there was no sequester the gdp would be around 4%.

Don't blame 2% growth on Obama!

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 06:28 PM
That's too bad.

Gross domestic product = consumption + investment + government spending + trade balance.

So every penny the government spends goes directly to the gross national product--the only measure we ed have of national economic growth.

Every penny the government spends was produced in the private sector by productive enterprises.

Peter1469
07-25-2016, 06:29 PM
That's too bad.

So every penny the government spends goes directly to the gross national product--the only measure we ed have of national economic growth.

The GDP formula is flawed. It fails to consider deficit spending.

I fixed it:

GDP = private consumption + gross investment + government spending + (exports − imports), or

GDP=C+I+G+(X-M)

This equation is fatally flawed. It fails to consider government debt spending. So I will fix it:

GDP = private consumption + gross investment + government spending + (exports − imports) - government debt spending, or

GDP=C+I+G+(X-M)-Gd

Gd = government deficit spending. You know a future liability that must be paid back.

Bethere
07-25-2016, 06:30 PM
What does that prove?

From a few people posting back and forth to one another.

Are you really trying to brag on this thread as if it's a big deal or something? I started a thread called "Democrats & Phony Outrage" that has over 8,000 views, yet only a few admitted Democrats actually posted in that thread. I suppose that means there are a bunch of Democrats on this forum who are afraid to admit what they are and to stand up for their party allegiance?

Yours is a false analogy.

Try that on someone who didn't ace symbolic logic.

Chris
07-25-2016, 06:30 PM
That's too bad.

So every penny the government spends goes directly towards the gross national product--the only measure we have of national economic growth.

I suppose you, as a neo-Kensian, believe in the multiplier effect.

You probably believe too the the government knows better than the people how best to spend their money.

Unicorn government.

Bethere
07-25-2016, 06:31 PM
The GDP formula is flawed. It fails to consider deficit spending.

I fixed it:

GDP = private consumption + gross investment + government spending + (exports − imports), or

GDP=C+I+G+(X-M)

This equation is fatally flawed. It fails to consider government debt spending. So I will fix it:

GDP = private consumption + gross investment + government spending + (exports − imports) - government debt spending, or

GDP=C+I+G+(X-M)-Gd

Gd = government deficit spending. You know a future liability that must be paid back.

If you were working for the fed your opinion on what gdp should be would matter.

But it doesn't.

jimmyz
07-25-2016, 06:32 PM

tough shit

My old avatar was used to incite frothing at the mouth in progs like yourself. I never flew it IRL nor have I cared about its use or it's symbolism before people like you demanded its removal. I see it more than ever because of you nuts. lol

Still gives me a happy knowing I'm in your head though.

Peter1469
07-25-2016, 06:33 PM
If you were working for the fed your opinion on what gdp should be would matter.

But it doesn't.

True.

Just trying to be helpful. :smiley:

Bethere
07-25-2016, 06:33 PM
I suppose you, as a neo-Kensian, believe in the multiplier effect.

I do.

Bethere
07-25-2016, 06:35 PM

tough $#@!

Good times!

hanger4
07-25-2016, 06:35 PM
You need to tell everyone who your compatriots are. We know you're hiding them.

Oh crap, I really am part of a conspiracy.

Truthfully I don't pay much to political labels. Short of party-bots most politicos are a little bit of the entire spectrum.

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 06:36 PM
Sometimes scaling things down helps to understand them better.

So let's take a theoretical island economy with four people living on it. We'll call them (1) Producer A, (2) Producer B, (3) Government, and (4) Welfare queen.

Producer A makes three bows and Producer B makes six arrows. Producer A trades Producer B one bow for two arrows. Government confiscates one bow from Producer A, two arrows from Producer B, and gives them to Welfare Queen.

Before the government confiscated the bows and arrows, the island economy had three bows and six arrows. After the government confiscated and redistributed the bows and arrows, the island economy had three bows and six arrows. The simple act of confiscating and redistributing resources did not produce any new resources. It merely redistributed them.

The same is true of advanced market economies like the USA. People produce things, the government confiscates a portion which it redistributes, but the total amount of goods and services remains unchanged.

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 06:37 PM
Yours is a false analogy.

Try that on someone who didn't ace symbolic logic.

The analogy is entirely appropriate.

I called out Democrats, got over 8,000 page views, yet only a couple few admitted Democrats showed up to defend their honor.

Must be some kind of Democrat conspiracy.

Bethere
07-25-2016, 06:37 PM
I agree across the board. I'm a lifelong Catholic, wish there were no abortions but abhor the notion that a bunch of white guys should be deciding the issue. I should say, I probably have a more restrictive view of gun rights, but I had a sister murdered in 1978 and perhaps have a different perspective than many. I won't speak for him, but I believe Bethere would pretty much agree as well.

I do.

While others paint me as a radical I am actually very pragmatic.

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 06:38 PM

But it doesn't.

Ah, more "government is god" logic.

Bethere
07-25-2016, 06:39 PM

You can't be here, as only doc and I are hovering over this thread.

Or so I am told.

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 06:40 PM
I do.

While others paint me as a radical I am actually very pragmatic.

Most extremists like to think of themselves as pragmatic.

Bethere
07-25-2016, 06:40 PM
Would you like those "6" to have to sew a yellow R on there clothing?

I would.

Bethere
07-25-2016, 06:42 PM
Every penny the government spends was produced in the private sector by productive enterprises.

False.

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 06:44 PM
We've had about 32 members post in this thread, about 6 of which admit to being Republicans. That's almost 19%, which is well within the observed rates of Republican voting trends.

http://www.pewresearch.org/files/2016/03/FT_16.03.02_primaryTurnout_MP_1980_2016_dashedREV2 .png

Seems just about right. Not sure what the "shock" is all about.

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 06:44 PM
False.

My, what a withering retort.

Bethere
07-25-2016, 06:45 PM
True.

Just trying to be helpful. :smiley:

Thanks!

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 06:46 PM
No matter how badly a Democrat gets beaten, they will always walk away thinking they won. It's uncanny.

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 06:52 PM
According to the forum's database, the largest amount of members online over a twenty-four hour period was ninety-nine.

Republican primary turnout averages about 10%, which would mean somewhere around ten of those ninety-nine members are probably Republicans.

You've had about six people admit to being Republicans. Seems well within the realm of possibility for an average day on the forum.

Don't see what all the "shock" is about.

del
My old avatar was used to incite frothing at the mouth in progs like yourself. I never flew it IRL nor have I cared about its use or it's symbolism before people like you demanded its removal. I see it more than ever because of you nuts. lol

Still gives me a happy knowing I'm in your head though.

i'm glad you have your delusions to keep you warm at night

Bethere
Sometimes scaling things down helps to understand them better.

So let's take a theoretical island economy with four people living on it. We'll call them (1) Producer A, (2) Producer B, (3) Government, and (4) Welfare queen.

Producer A makes three bows and Producer B makes six arrows. Producer A trades Producer B one bow for two arrows. Government confiscates one bow from Producer A, two arrows from Producer B, and gives them to Welfare Queen.

Before the government confiscated the bows and arrows, the island economy had three bows and six arrows. After the government confiscated and redistributed the bows and arrows, the island economy had three bows and six arrows. The simple act of confiscating and redistributing resources did not produce any new resources. It merely redistributed them.

The same is true of advanced market economies like the USA. People produce things, the government confiscates a portion which it redistributes, but the total amount of goods and services remains unchanged.

Suppose the government increased the bow supply at their most recent fed meeting.

Then obama took those bows and gave them away as stimulus.

The people who skin animals would benefit.
The people who sell furs would benefit.
The people who eat animals would benefit.
The people who skin those animals might have a broken axle of their car.
The repair shop benefits.
The guy at the shop has kids in school.
The school supply salesman benefits.

And all of the Republicans who dare speak freely have a brand new yellow school bus get thrown under.

I like analogies, too! Also the multiplier effect.

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 06:54 PM
Suppose the government increased the bow supply at their most recent fed meeting.

You're conflating representative wealth (FIAT money) with actual wealth (bows).

Bethere
07-25-2016, 06:58 PM
Most extremists like to think of themselves as pragmatic.

Most secessionists like to think of themselves as independents even though they vote straight ticket gop.

Bethere
07-25-2016, 07:00 PM
My, what a withering retort.

My pleasure!

hanger4
07-25-2016, 07:02 PM
I would.

Nice contrast to your brown shirt ?? :grin:

Bethere
07-25-2016, 07:02 PM
No matter how badly a Democrat gets beaten, they will always walk away thinking they won. It's uncanny.

This thread now has 80 posts or so since around 5.

I wonder how the other threads are doing?

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 07:04 PM
Let's make a new analogy that includes a central bank then.

Producer A, Producer B, Government, Welfare Queen, and Central Bank.

Again, producer A makes three bows and Producer B makes six arrows. But instead of trading via barter, they trade with the Central Bank's money, three paper notes with an exchange rate of one bow per note and two arrows per note.

Producer A gives Producer B one note in exchange for two arrows and Producer B gives Producer A one note in exchange for one bow. Government confiscates two notes, redistributes it to Welfare Queen, and Welfare Queen uses the notes to buy one bow and two arrows.

Before Government confiscates the money and redistributes it, there are three bows and six arrows. After, the same. Confiscating and redistributing has not increased the amount of resources.

But let's assume Central Bank increases the money supply from three notes to six notes. Has the amount of bows and arrows increased? Of course not. The only thing that has happened is that the exchange rate changes from one bow per note to half a bow per note. In other words, prices increase, but the amount of resources remain unchanged.

Keynesian ideology is nothing more than magical thinking disguised as economics.

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 07:05 PM
Most secessionists like to think of themselves as independents even though they vote straight ticket gop.

Exactly.

You think anyone who isn't a Democrat is a Republican, just like I said.

Bethere
07-25-2016, 07:06 PM
You're conflating representative wealth (FIAT money) with actual wealth (bows).

On the contrary, I am talking about M1.

But you knew that, right? You were just testing me.

Good for you!

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 07:06 PM
My pleasure!

Typical Democrat loser who is in love with themselves.

Chris
07-25-2016, 07:07 PM
This thread now has 80 posts or so since around 5.

I wonder how the other threads are doing?

90% of which call you and doc on your BS. :Doh!:

Chris
07-25-2016, 07:08 PM

Then obama took those bows and gave them away as stimulus.

The people who skin animals would benefit.
The people who sell furs would benefit.
The people who eat animals would benefit.
The people who skin those animals might have a broken axle of their car.
The repair shop benefits.
The guy at the shop has kids in school.
The school supply salesman benefits.

And all of the Republicans who dare speak freely have a brand new yellow school bus get thrown under.

I like analogies, too! Also the multiplier effect.

Broken window fallacy.

The only multiplier effect is the number Keynes's students plugged and his followers plug into their models. Garbage in, garbage out.

Bethere
07-25-2016, 07:09 PM
Let's make a new analogy that includes a central bank then.

Producer A, Producer B, Government, Welfare Queen, and Central Bank.

Again, producer A makes three bows and Producer B makes six arrows. But instead of trading via barter, they trade with the Central Bank's money, three paper notes with an exchange rate of one bow per note and two arrows per note.

Producer A gives Producer B one note in exchange for two arrows and Producer B gives Producer A one note in exchange for one bow. Government confiscates two notes, redistributes it to Welfare Queen, and Welfare Queen uses the notes to buy one bow and two arrows.

Before Government confiscates the money and redistributes it, there are three bows and six arrows. After, the same. Confiscating and redistributing has not increased the amount of resources.

But let's assume Central Bank increases the money supply from three notes to six notes. Has the amount of bows and arrows increased? Of course not. The only thing that has happened is that the exchange rate changes from one bow per note to half a bow per note. In other words, prices increase, but the amount of resources remain unchanged.

Keynesian ideology is nothing more than magical thinking disguised as economics.

If so, then why is the us outperforming the eu which committed to austerity instead in 2008?

Why did the most recent us bond sale result in a bidding war that drove yields to record lows?

I await your learned response with anticipation.

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 07:10 PM
On the contrary, I am talking about M1.

But you knew that, right? You were just testing me.

Good for you!

M1 consists entirely of FIAT money.

Increasing the money supply does not increase the amount of wealth, it just causes price inflation.

This is economics 101.

Bethere
07-25-2016, 07:12 PM
Exactly.

You think anyone who isn't a Democrat is a Republican, just like I said.

On the contrary, some are enemy spies hiding the truth behind the death of Vincent Foster.

Chris
07-25-2016, 07:12 PM
If so, then why is the us outperforming the eu which committed to austerity instead in 2008?

Why did the most recent us bond sale result in a bidding war that drove yields to record lows?

I await your learned response with anticipation.

There never were any austerity policies put in place.

https://snag.gy/V8oGAD.jpg

Bethere
07-25-2016, 07:13 PM
90% of which call you and doc on your BS. :Doh!:

Regardless of why they are here, they are here. So you were wrong about the "only you and doc" bit.