PDA

View Full Version : Trump’s nomination is the first time American politics has left me truly afraid

Cigar
07-22-2016, 09:47 AM
-by Ezra Klein so send all your whining to himDonald Trump is not a man who should be president. This is not an ideological judgment. This is not something I would say about Mitt Romney or Marco Rubio. This is not a disagreement over Donald Trump’s tax plan or his climate policies. This is about Trump’s character, his temperament, his impulsiveness, his basic decency.

Trump admires authoritarian dictators for their authoritarianism. When MSNBC's Joe Scarborough asked Trump about his affection for Vladimir Putin, who "kills journalists, political opponents and invades countries," Trump replied, "He's running his country, and at least he's a leader, unlike what we have in this country."

But it’s not just Putin. Trump has praised Saddam Hussein because "he killed terrorists. He did that so good. They didn't read them the rights." He said "you've got to give (Kim Jong Un) credit. He goes in, he takes over, and he's the boss. It's incredible." It’s not just that Trump admires these authoritarians; it’s that the thing he admires about them is their authoritarianism — their ability to dispense with niceties like a free press, due process, and political opposition.

It is said that the benefit of America’s long presidential campaigns is they offer the candidates time to show us who they really are. Trump has shown us who he really is. He is a person who should not be president. That he is being brought this close to the presidency — that he is one major mistake by Hillary Clinton away from winning it — should scare us all. It certainly scares me.

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/21/12218136/donald-trump-nomination-afraid

zelmo1234
07-22-2016, 09:50 AM
So which one of Trumps policies do you thing are the most authoritarian

Oboe
07-22-2016, 09:55 AM
-by Ezra Klein so send all your whining to him

Donald Trump is not a man who should be president. This is not an ideological judgment. This is not something I would say about Mitt Romney or Marco Rubio. This is not a disagreement over Donald Trump’s tax plan or his climate policies. This is about Trump’s character, his temperament, his impulsiveness, his basic decency.

Trump admires authoritarian dictators for their authoritarianism. When MSNBC's Joe Scarborough asked Trump about his affection for Vladimir Putin, who "kills journalists, political opponents and invades countries," Trump replied, "He's running his country, and at least he's a leader, unlike what we have in this country."

But it’s not just Putin. Trump has praised Saddam Hussein because "he killed terrorists. He did that so good. They didn't read them the rights." He said "you've got to give (Kim Jong Un) credit. He goes in, he takes over, and he's the boss. It's incredible." It’s not just that Trump admires these authoritarians; it’s that the thing he admires about them is their authoritarianism — their ability to dispense with niceties like a free press, due process, and political opposition.

It is said that the benefit of America’s long presidential campaigns is they offer the candidates time to show us who they really are. Trump has shown us who he really is. He is a person who should not be president. That he is being brought this close to the presidency — that he is one major mistake by Hillary Clinton away from winning it — should scare us all. It certainly scares me.

Good. Maybe you'll be so overcome by un-reasonable fear that your head explodes.

Mac-7
07-22-2016, 09:58 AM
-by Ezra Klein so send all your whining to himDonald Trump is not a man who should be president. This is not an ideological judgment. This is not something I would say about Mitt Romney or Marco Rubio. This is not a disagreement over Donald Trump’s tax plan or his climate policies. This is about Trump’s character, his temperament, his impulsiveness, his basic decency.

The guy who wrote this for Cigar is a fool

If he survive obumer then trump will be a definite upgrade

hanger4
07-22-2016, 10:14 AM

Ezra Klein is afraid of what Trump MIGHT do yet he endorses Hillary Clinton knowing her flippant and lackadaisical and incompetence handling of classified information.

An amazing and yet befuddling disconnect.

Subdermal
07-22-2016, 10:16 AM
Ezra Klein is a leftist Obama sycophant hack who bashed Romney regularly (http://twitchy.com/jessem-34/2012/09/15/desperate-journo-tool-ezra-klein-manufactures-another-romney-smear/), and now tries to pass that off as "I didn't mean that Romney shouldn't be President"?

:biglaugh:

He as zero credibility, and serves as nothing more than a glory hole for fellow leftist sycophants.

Subdermal
07-22-2016, 11:16 AM
..but I'm delighted he's afraid. His ideology is square in the cross-hairs.

Cigar
07-22-2016, 01:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Q2tZXSKl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/pm8AthJl.jpg

suds00
07-22-2016, 02:27 PM
no one can know what will happen if trump's elected.hillary might be bad but she's within the normal range.

hanger4
07-22-2016, 02:34 PM
no one can know what will happen if trump's elected.hillary might be bad but she's within the normal range.

A private home-brew unsecured email server is not normal. Hiding said server from public scrutiny (FOIA) is not normal. Lying about said set up from the beginning is not normal, well it is for Hillary, but you catch the drift.

birddog
07-22-2016, 02:56 PM
Get ready to welcome "President Trump!" His billionaire family will be the first to replace a black family from their government housing! :grin:

Oboe
07-22-2016, 02:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Q2tZXSKl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/pm8AthJl.jpg

Poor Photoshop. Your scale on Trumps head is off just enough so that it doesn't look real. And you need to learn to use the defringe layer tool. It helps reduce the fake looking stuff if you have the scale down.

Bethere
07-22-2016, 03:24 PM
Poor Photoshop. Your scale on Trumps head is off just enough so that it doesn't look real. And you need to learn to use the defringe layer tool. It helps reduce the fake looking stuff if you have the scale down.

Oboe
07-22-2016, 03:26 PM
The advice I offered was spot on. I have been using photoshop for over 11 years.

Peter1469
07-22-2016, 03:28 PM
Hillary must under no circumstances be allowed any position of public trust again.

del
07-22-2016, 04:25 PM
i enjoyed watching the attendees at the convention begging to be ruled by trump.

donttread
07-22-2016, 05:24 PM
-by Ezra Klein so send all your whining to him

Donald Trump is not a man who should be president. This is not an ideological judgment. This is not something I would say about Mitt Romney or Marco Rubio. This is not a disagreement over Donald Trump’s tax plan or his climate policies. This is about Trump’s character, his temperament, his impulsiveness, his basic decency.

He may admire authoritarian dictators but Bushbama arms them.