PDA

View Full Version : Can the media be trying too hard?

CaveDog
07-23-2016, 09:23 AM
I'm not a huge Trump fan, though given the choice I can tolerate him more than Clinton. That being the case I'm not personally offended by all the criticism in the media. However, it's gotten to the point where I just see it as obsessive. Every time the guy opens his mouth a wave of hit pieces come out that are clearly designed to manipulate public opinion. Granted, a lot of them are opinion pieces but even the supposed news more often than not has a yellow tint to it.

Where the media is preaching to the far left choir they'll gobble it up and the far right will continue to ignore it. However, at some point can't the anti-Trump fanaticism just start to fall victim to the "boy who cried wolf" effect and leave large numbers of voters who aren't polarized just rolling their eyes?

Common
07-23-2016, 09:28 AM
I feel exactly the same as you with the two candidates. As far as the media of course its obsessive, its non stop 24/7 not only criticism of trump but out right denigration of the man. I believe that this is starting to have a negative effect. Even the dimmest bulb has to see that hillary is babied, protected and just praised.

The more the left screams, the more BLM intrudes on innocent individuals lives the more the press lies and demonstrates pure bias its a + in Trumps Corner.

Oboe
07-23-2016, 09:48 AM
The media figures we are all stupid, so they keep doing it, oblivious to the fact that it's not working.

Peter1469
07-23-2016, 12:25 PM
Journalism in the US is dead. They do not report, they advocate.