PDA

View Full Version : Leaked emails show how Democrats screwed Sanders

Professor Peabody
07-24-2016, 04:10 AM
Leaked emails show how Democrats screwed Sanders

By Daniel Halper and Joe Tacopino

July 22, 2016 | 5:35pm | Updated

The notorious hacker collective WikiLeaks dumped a massive trove of e-mails from the Democratic National Committee onto the Web Friday just as Hillary Clinton was preparing to celebrate her presidential nomination at the Democratic convention next week.

In the thousands of internal e-mails, it was revealed that a Democratic Party official tried to use Bernie Sanders’ supposed religious beliefs to derail his presidential campaign; one staffer pitched an idea for a phony sexist Trump ad and DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz tried to score a staggering seven tickets to the Broadway smash “Hamilton.”

In one message dated May 5, 2016, with the subject line “No s–t,” the chief financial officer of the Democratic National Committee, Brad Marshall, plotted how to portray Sanders, who was raised Jewish in Brooklyn, as an atheist.

“It might [make] no difference, but for KY and WVA can we get someone to ask his belief,” Marshall wrote, apparently referring to Sanders and upcoming Kentucky and West Virginia primaries.

“My Southern Baptist peeps would draw a big difference between a Jew and an atheist.”
- DNC official Brad Marshall

“I think I read he is an atheist.”

“This could make several points difference with my peeps. My Southern Baptist peeps would draw a big difference between a Jew and atheist.”

The chief executive officer at the DNC, Amy Dacey, responded with a single word: “Amen.”

http://nypost.com/2016/07/22/leaked-emails-show-how-democrats-screwed-sanders/

They were hosing Bernie all along, how could he go out and campaign for Hillary? I think Bernie supporters got ripped off for their donations, not so much by Bernie (until he endorsed Hillary) but by the DNC who were apparently in Hillary's corner all along.

Safety
07-24-2016, 04:25 AM
...any day now...wait, this is about a different email scandal...

Peter1469
07-24-2016, 04:32 AM
This is not criminal conduct. But it is corrupt conduct.

Bern it down. :smiley:

FindersKeepers
07-24-2016, 05:01 AM
The DNC Chair is now withdrawing from speaking at the Convention because of the impartiality.

This makes the Cruz fiasco look like girls pulling hair in the schoolyard.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/22/politics/dnc-wikileaks-emails/

Peter1469
07-24-2016, 05:03 AM
https://s17-us2.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-jmdXC2hZoPs%2FTvJgXPPq7mI%2FAAAAAAAAAIs%2FkIuOpkEZ haE%2Fs1600%2FClown_Car_by_onCue5.jpg&sp=913a9be3cb88bf0385f507d536f3e2b5

Common
07-24-2016, 06:57 AM
Democrat emails show exactly how they swindle and it shows how cocky they are or either how stupid they are to keep wearing all their dirty deals on their sleeves

Green Arrow
07-24-2016, 08:16 AM
Schultz should do more than back out of speaking at the convention, she should resign.

Peter1469
07-24-2016, 08:22 AM
Well the convention is off to a good start.

Chris
07-24-2016, 08:28 AM
Worst part of these emails was some aimed at attacking Sanders for being Jewish.

AeonPax
07-24-2016, 08:29 AM
`
`
It's finally here; The Democratic Clown car.

Subdermal
07-24-2016, 08:29 AM
Schultz should do more than back out of speaking at the convention, she should resign.

Which is exactly what Bernie had been demanding for months.

Quicksilver
07-24-2016, 08:30 AM

And face execution... Oh wait.. different person... different poster.. hahahahahah

Subdermal
07-24-2016, 08:33 AM
And face execution... Oh wait.. different person... different poster.. hahahahahah

:facepalm:

http://impacthiringsolutions.com/careerblog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/fish_flop_hg_wht.gif

Green Arrow
07-24-2016, 08:50 AM

What?

zelmo1234
07-24-2016, 09:04 AM
Clearly, The MSM is not going to give this much Coverage. They understand that people are already beginning to understand that with the Clinton's it is one scandal after another, and that they just can't do things legally.

Adelaide
07-24-2016, 09:07 AM
I'm sure the RNC doesn't have any emails or communication trying to plot themselves out of the hole that is Trump...

Sanders got a raw deal but do we really think the parties don't actively try to control their primaries and put their favourite on top?

Peter1469
07-24-2016, 09:09 AM
`
`
It's finally here; The Democratic Clown car.

Here they come Philly!
http://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/filepicker_FZLKRu3aTQujSPegOvqg_clown_car.jpg

zelmo1234
07-24-2016, 09:11 AM
I'm sure the RNC doesn't have any emails or communication trying to plot themselves out of the hole that is Trump...

Sanders got a raw deal but do we really think the parties don't actively try to control their primaries and put their favourite on top?

Actually the GOP could have supported rules that would have allowed for a different candidate and a fractured convention, but they chose to go with the will of the people.

Peter1469
07-24-2016, 09:12 AM
It is going to be huge.

Hal Jordan
07-24-2016, 09:23 AM

Probably not. They probably have emails detailing how they played it so Trump won the nomination. This is what they really wanted all along.

Chris
07-24-2016, 09:24 AM

That's the way it used to be done without primaries. Probably a better system.

Florida enacted the first presidential primary in 1901. The Wisconsin direct open primary of 1905 was the first to eliminate the caucus and mandate direct selection of national convention delegates. In 1910, Oregon became the first state to establish a presidential preference primary, which requires delegates to the National Convention to support the winner of the primary at the convention. By 1912, twelve states either selected delegates in primaries, used a preferential primary, or both. By 1920 there were 20 states with primaries, but some went back, and from 1936 to 1968, 12 states used them.

@ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_primary

TrueBlue
07-24-2016, 09:27 AM
Worst part of these emails was some aimed at attacking Sanders for being Jewish.
Actually no. The story says it was for their reading that he may be an atheist. And there are those who think that should be brought out in a campaign. After all, it is right-wingers who always seem to tout Christianity therefore, the Southern Baptists may want to make sure about that, that's all.

donttread
07-24-2016, 09:35 AM
They were hosing Bernie all along, how could he go out and campaign for Hillary? I think Bernie supporters got ripped off for their donations, not so much by Bernie (until he endorsed Hillary) but by the DNC who were apparently in Hillary's corner all along.

We all know that Hilary was the annointed one. The "super delegate stunt" was the first real proof I noticed . But it did not get better. The real question is what did the DNC promise or threaten Sanders with to get him to endorse Hilary?
It had to be something, so watch for the DNC o directly or indirectly throw Bernie a bone. If they don't start investigating what they threatened him with

Tahuyaman
07-24-2016, 11:06 AM
This is not criminal conduct. But it is corrupt conduct.

Bern it down. :smiley:

Its also something everyone already knew.

Chris
07-24-2016, 11:16 AM
Actually no. The story says it was for their reading that he may be an atheist. And there are those who think that should be brought out in a campaign. After all, it is right-wingers who always seem to tout Christianity therefore, the Southern Baptists may want to make sure about that, that's all.

Ah, so Democrats, who tend to be secular, are anti-atheist?

Don't you find it appalling that your party would stoop to such discriminatory tactics?

Green Arrow
07-24-2016, 01:11 PM
That's the way it used to be done without primaries. Probably a better system.

@ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_primary

That's not logical. Allowing the people to choose heightens the chance that someone the establishment doesn't like gets in. Just allowing the establishment to pick ensures we never have a chance to get someone anti-establishment in.

Green Arrow
07-24-2016, 01:12 PM

Attacking someone's faith for political benefit is a terrible, very shitty thing to do regardless of your justification.

AZ Jim
07-24-2016, 01:26 PM
They were hosing Bernie all along, how could he go out and campaign for Hillary? I think Bernie supporters got ripped off for their donations, not so much by Bernie (until he endorsed Hillary) but by the DNC who were apparently in Hillary's corner all along.And? Hillary is a old line Democrat, Bernie was a free-riding "Independent" just using our party.

Green Arrow
07-24-2016, 01:29 PM
And? Hillary is a old line Democrat, Bernie was a free-riding "Independent" just using our party.

Bernie ran as a Democrat because Democrats had, for years, claimed to adhere to his platform. Only for him to find out that the Democratic establishment ("old line" Democrats like Hillary) is just a collection of Republicans wearing blue jerseys instead of red ones.

AZ Jim
07-24-2016, 01:33 PM
Bernie ran as a Democrat because Democrats had, for years, claimed to adhere to his platform. Only for him to find out that the Democratic establishment ("old line" Democrats like Hillary) is just a collection of Republicans wearing blue jerseys instead of red ones.No winners here, we disagree.

Chris
07-24-2016, 01:37 PM
And? Hillary is a old line Democrat, Bernie was a free-riding "Independent" just using our party.

Hillary is a lying, warmongering, 0.1%er bought and paid for by corporate America. That's old line Democrat?

AZ Jim
07-24-2016, 01:41 PM
Hillary is a lying, warmongering, 0.1%er bought and paid for by corporate America. That's old line Democrat?So can we count on your vote?

Chris
07-24-2016, 01:49 PM
So can we count on your vote?

Yea, sure, right, unhuh.

Green Arrow
07-24-2016, 01:49 PM
No winners here, we disagree.

You have a right to disagree, but the facts are not on your side.

AZ Jim
07-24-2016, 01:52 PM
They were hosing Bernie all along, how could he go out and campaign for Hillary? I think Bernie supporters got ripped off for their donations, not so much by Bernie (until he endorsed Hillary) but by the DNC who were apparently in Hillary's corner all along.I love all the indignation from republicans, like they were voting Bernie. Idea, write him in.

zelmo1234
07-24-2016, 01:54 PM
Probably not. They probably have emails detailing how they played it so Trump won the nomination. This is what they really wanted all along.

NO that is not what the party wanted.

And they were trying to figure out how to rig the election. but in the end they let the people decide.

zelmo1234
07-24-2016, 01:58 PM
Ah, so Democrats, who tend to be secular, are anti-atheist?

Don't you find it appalling that your party would stoop to such discriminatory tactics?

Democrats find nothing appalling as long as they win! True is a self proclaimed Christian, and I believe that, but she is still willing to overlook a long list of sins that Hillary has committed, She is a terrible person, and the people really understand that.

It now appears that she can only count on about 60% of the Sanders voters, and stunts like this are only going to make them more willing to vote for Trump just to spite her.

Crepitus
07-24-2016, 03:59 PM
Democrats find nothing appalling as long as they win! True is a self proclaimed Christian, and I believe that, but she is still willing to overlook a long list of sins that Hillary has committed, She is a terrible person, and the people really understand that.

It now appears that she can only count on about 60% of the Sanders voters, and stunts like this are only going to make them more willing to vote for Trump just to spite her.
True Blue is not a good example of a real democrat. he is a partisan hack who believes the party can do no wrong.

Oboe
07-24-2016, 04:08 PM
Typical dimmie

Oboe
07-24-2016, 04:09 PM
I love all the indignation from republicans, like they were voting Bernie. Idea, write him in.

Write him off.

donttread
07-24-2016, 04:43 PM

You mean besides the flagrant superdelate bullshit while the nomonation was still in question?

zelmo1234
07-24-2016, 05:11 PM
The Biggest problem that I see is the Racist and anti Semitic Statements that are in the Emails

Those could cost them a couple points in each voting block

Ransom
07-24-2016, 06:02 PM
I love all the indignation from republicans, like they were voting Bernie. Idea, write him in.

You don't find this the least bit concerning? From your own Party?

Oboe
07-24-2016, 06:04 PM
You don't find this the least bit concerning? From your own Party?

Sure he does, but he's employing a well known and oft used democrat tactic called lying. :)

Peter1469
07-24-2016, 06:06 PM
Hillary is so corrupt this story may get no traction.

People may blow it off.

Green Arrow
07-24-2016, 06:12 PM
Debbie Wasserman-Schultz has resigned as DNC chair.

Victory!

Hal Jordan
07-24-2016, 06:12 PM
NO that is not what the party wanted.

And they were trying to figure out how to rig the election. but in the end they let the people decide.

Yes, it is. If you pay close enough attention, the shell game they were playing was clear enough. They did rig the election, and did it well enough that most don't see it.

Tahuyaman
07-24-2016, 06:13 PM

According to liberal orthodoxy his religious faith or lack of religious faith shouldn't be an issue at all. I guess when a Democrat attacks on that issue, it's excused or somehow blamed on the right.

Tahuyaman
07-25-2016, 01:00 PM
The Democrats are now claiming that the Russians, in cooperation with the Trump campaign released these hacked emails in an attempt to sabotage the Clinton campaign.

I predict that it's even going to get better.

donttread
07-25-2016, 03:16 PM

They should all resign.