PDA

View Full Version : A challenge to my conservative friends

Pages : [1] 2

decedent
07-24-2016, 04:52 PM
Write "black lives matter". Those three words in that order.

We know that all lives matter, but do black lives really matter? Here's your chance to show us all how much you care.

zelmo1234
07-24-2016, 04:54 PM
Black Lives Matter

Now What?

Safety
07-24-2016, 05:31 PM
Place a "too" behind the phrase, then you will reach enlightenment.

hanger4
07-24-2016, 05:35 PM

We know that all lives matter, but do black lives really matter? Here's your chance to show us all how much you care.

If 'all lives matter' why the need to break it down into particular groupings ??

decedent
07-24-2016, 05:38 PM
So.... blue lives don't matter?

hanger4
07-24-2016, 05:39 PM
So.... blue lives don't matter?

Who are you talking to ??

Peter1469
07-24-2016, 05:42 PM
The troll is back.

Don't play along.

Bethere
07-24-2016, 06:09 PM

Add, "too", and it loses meaning.

A black man was executed in my local walmart--we are an almost totally white town--because he had a pellet gun in his hand... in front of the pellet gun display in the pellet gun aisle.

His life didn't seem to matter, did it?

Subdermal
07-24-2016, 06:11 PM

A black man was executed in my local walmart--we are an almost totally white town--because he had a pellet gun in his hand... in front of the pellet gun display in the pellet gun aisle.

Why do you think your stupid anecdotes have any meaning without links to allow the reader to not have to view events through your biased lens?

Bethere
07-24-2016, 06:49 PM
Why do you think your stupid anecdotes have any meaning without links to allow the reader to not have to view events through your biased lens?

Why? Because it was national news. It still should be.

http://m.whio.com/list/news/videos-man-killed-beavercreek-walmart/mLjt/

Cletus
07-24-2016, 07:20 PM

It should never have been national news. It was a minor local news story, as most such stories are.

Safety
07-24-2016, 07:41 PM

No, it doesn't lose the meaning, it actually will have the opposite effect by shutting down the morons who don't even think all lives matter, but want to drown out and marginalize anyone who supports BLM. You are dealing with an element of society that is very resistant to change, and they will try to rewrite and whitewash history.

zelmo1234
07-24-2016, 07:52 PM
No, it doesn't lose the meaning, it actually will have the opposite effect by shutting down the morons who don't even think all lives matter, but want to drown out and marginalize anyone who supports BLM. You are dealing with element of society that is very resistant to change, and they will try to rewrite and whitewash history.

But it is not the all life matters people that are changing Statistics and trying to rewrite history.

It is the BLM movement that has came out against officers that did nothing wrong, and it is the BLM movement that has chosen some pretty rotten people to be their poster boys.

It is part of that movement that was filmed Chanting some very terrible things about police officers and they bare some responsibility for the assignations of officers around the country.

That is not rewriting history, that is FACT. Now are there some issues that need to be addressed? YES of course there are, and some of those reside in the Minority communities. They need to stop some of the madness themselves.

Safety
07-24-2016, 08:05 PM
But it is not the all life matters people that are changing Statistics and trying to rewrite history.

It is the BLM movement that has came out against officers that did nothing wrong, and it is the BLM movement that has chosen some pretty rotten people to be their poster boys.

It is part of that movement that was filmed Chanting some very terrible things about police officers and they bare some responsibility for the assignations of officers around the country.

That is not rewriting history, that is FACT. Now are there some issues that need to be addressed? YES of course there are, and some of those reside in the Minority communities. They need to stop some of the madness themselves.
What did John Crawford do wrong? What about Philander Castile and a host of others?

Oboe
07-24-2016, 08:31 PM
Libtardia at its finest.

Common
07-24-2016, 08:47 PM
No, it doesn't lose the meaning, it actually will have the opposite effect by shutting down the morons who don't even think all lives matter, but want to drown out and marginalize anyone who supports BLM. You are dealing with an element of society that is very resistant to change, and they will try to rewrite and whitewash history.

What are you talking about, the morons here are the people that support a racist group that chastize others for saying anyone elses but a blacks life matters. That is racist and they are the racists.

If white MORONS what to capitulate that their families life doesnt matter, then their families lives shouldnt matter.

I dont deny blacks have been abused enslaved and subjected to racism. I DONT DENY THAT ONE IOTA and I never have. But ill be goddamned if im going to support a black organization that doesnt give a fuck about anyone else and is aligned with groups that say and do want to shoot police and hate on white people.
IM WHITE my family is white and THEY COME BEFORE ANY BLM

Common
07-24-2016, 08:48 PM
Black lives DO NOT MATTER, ALL LIVES DO MATTER

Peter1469
07-24-2016, 08:49 PM
The dividers should be repudiated.

zelmo1234
07-24-2016, 09:02 PM
What did John Crawford do wrong? What about Philander Castile and a host of others?

You know the Crawford shooting certainly was a tragedy, and maybe there needs to be legislation to make toys look fake instead of real. but Mr. Crawford should not have been walking around a story pointing a gun at people. Either.

Surveillance video shows John Crawford III walking around the store with a pellet gun that he picked up inside the store.
A 911 caller would indicate that John Crawford III was pointing the pellet gun — which police would later discover to be a toy — at other shoppers, though there’s no way to tell if that’s true based on the video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9FtNOV6Qhk). The caller later recanted this statement (http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/07/ohio-black-man-killed-by-police-walmart-doubts-cast-witnesss-account). After the 911 call came in, Beavercreek police officer Sean Williams and Sgt. David Darkow responded to the scene.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/mikehayes/the-life-and-death-of-john-crawford?utm_term=.sjw7Owdyax#.fvZPRmKg9l

I don't think that we know the facts on MR. Castile yet. So we need to find out for all we know the officer may be charged with a crime.

I will say that it seems to leave a lot of questions. But we don't know that Justice will not be served in this case, nor do we know that the officer is wrong yet. So reserve judgement.

But these are not the poster boys of BLM, part of their movements chants is Hands up Don't shoot, and we know this was a lie.

We also know that member of that group at several rallies have called for the death of Police officers. And that is a shame.

Common
07-24-2016, 09:06 PM
The dividers should be repudiated.

Thats what this thread is about. He wants people not of color to say just Black Lives Matter. Yeah Ok, hold your breath

Subdermal
07-24-2016, 09:07 PM

What did Castile do wrong?

No one knows if he did anything wrong. The officer, though, seems to think otherwise. (http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/philando-castile-shooting-nothing-to-do-with-race-cops-attorney-w212532)

It would be smart to withhold judgement. Castile isn't innocent merely because he's black. He's innocent if he did nothing wrong.

Subdermal
07-24-2016, 09:11 PM
You know the Crawford shooting certainly was a tragedy, and maybe there needs to be legislation to make toys look fake instead of real. but Mr. Crawford should not have been walking around a story pointing a gun at people. Either.

Surveillance video shows John Crawford III walking around the store with a pellet gun that he picked up inside the store.
A 911 caller would indicate that John Crawford III was pointing the pellet gun — which police would later discover to be a toy — at other shoppers, though there’s no way to tell if that’s true based on the video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9FtNOV6Qhk). The caller later recanted this statement (http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/07/ohio-black-man-killed-by-police-walmart-doubts-cast-witnesss-account). After the 911 call came in, Beavercreek police officer Sean Williams and Sgt. David Darkow responded to the scene.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/mikehayes/the-life-and-death-of-john-crawford?utm_term=.sjw7Owdyax#.fvZPRmKg9l

I don't think that we know the facts on MR. Castile yet. So we need to find out for all we know the officer may be charged with a crime.

I will say that it seems to leave a lot of questions. But we don't know that Justice will not be served in this case, nor do we know that the officer is wrong yet. So reserve judgement.

But these are not the poster boys of BLM, part of their movements chants is Hands up Don't shoot, and we know this was a lie.

We also know that member of that group at several rallies have called for the death of Police officers. And that is a shame.
Safety really couldn't figure out what John Crawford did wrong?

:biglaugh:

Peter1469
07-24-2016, 09:22 PM
Stomp on the dividers. Tar and feather them. Drive them to the ocean and tell them to walk out of America.

Crepitus
07-24-2016, 09:43 PM
Thank you. I've tried to explain that to these people several times.

Crepitus
07-24-2016, 09:45 PM

Why would that addition make it lose it's meaning? Nobody is sayong only black lives matter. The point is that black lives matter just as much as everyone else's.

Black lives matter too.

Safety
07-24-2016, 09:46 PM
Thank you. I've tried to explain that to these people several times.

Save your breath.

Captain Obvious
07-24-2016, 09:54 PM
If 'all lives matter' why the need to break it down into particular groupings ??

Type "white lives matter" and you'll immediately be labeled a supremacist.

Safety
07-24-2016, 10:14 PM
If everytime a black person kills a cop, it is considered an attack on whites, even if the cop was black, and since blue lives matter is now a group, isn't that technically "white lives matters"?

Bethere
07-24-2016, 10:18 PM

He shopped at a Walmart in Beavercreek. That's what he did wrong, and it cost him everything.

Subdermal
07-24-2016, 10:24 PM
He shopped at a Walmart in Beavercreek. That's what he did wrong, and it cost him everything.

I strongly encourage you to 'shop at a Walmart' in the exact same manner he did.

I'll say my goodbyes now, brainstem.

Subdermal
07-24-2016, 10:24 PM
If everytime a black person kills a cop, it is considered an attack on whites, even if the cop was black, and since blue lives matter is now a group, isn't that technically "white lives matters"?

:facepalm:

Seems like you made a lot of stuff up there.

Bethere
07-24-2016, 10:27 PM
I strongly encourage you to 'shop at a Walmart' in the exact same manner he did.

Is openly wishing I were dead consistent with the regs of this forum?

Dr. Who
07-24-2016, 10:42 PM

How many terrorists or spree killers were on a cell phone while supposedly threatening people with a gun? Is there a manner that one should adopt whilst shopping, i.e., if you pick up a toy gun, ensure that it is safely ensconced in a shopping cart and not moving randomly in your hands, or are these just rules that should apply if you are not white? The great irony here is that the same people who are adamant about the right to possess weapons totally panic if they see someone with an apparent weapon. Furthermore, there is no willingness to require toy manufacturers or pellet gun manufacturers to make their non-weapons not look like real weapons.

Subdermal
07-24-2016, 10:56 PM

What?

You mean that if you shop at Walmart in exactly the same manner as he did, you'll end up dead?

Are you black?

Subdermal
07-24-2016, 10:57 PM
How many terrorists or spree killers were on a cell phone while supposedly threatening people with a gun? Is there a manner that one should adopt whilst shopping, i.e., if you pick up a toy gun, ensure that it is safely ensconced in a shopping cart and not moving randomly in your hands, or are these just rules that should apply if you are not white? The great irony here is that the same people who are adamant about the right to possess weapons totally panic if they see someone with an apparent weapon. Furthermore, there is no willingness to require toy manufacturers or pellet gun manufacturers to make their non-weapons not look like real weapons.

I'd encourage you to watch the video.

Bethere
07-24-2016, 11:01 PM
Are you black?

And, if I am?

Subdermal
07-24-2016, 11:04 PM
And, if I am?

Because - certainly - a white guy romping around a Walmart with a weapon would be welcomed with open arms!

You only die doing that when you're black.

Dr. Who
07-24-2016, 11:11 PM
I'd encourage you to watch the video.
I have watched it and others a number of times. How anyone could interpret his behavior as threatening is beyond me unless one is particularly paranoid, especially where people of color are concerned. Compare his behavior to people who have been videoed actually threatening others and shooting at people. There is no comparison. The body language is completely different. This man was relaxed and just wandering around flipping the toy as he talked on the phone. Contrast that to the body language of someone intent on killing. It is completely different. Someone who is going to kill expresses tension in every aspect of movement. It is purposeful movement, one that is seeking targets. This was a wrongful death inspired by hysteria.

Bethere
07-25-2016, 12:20 AM
Because - certainly - a white guy romping around a Walmart with a weapon would be welcomed with open arms!

You only die doing that when you're black.

In fact, the nra had an open carry demonstration at that very store a couple weeks later.

https://www.rt.com/usa/193656-guns-walmart-crawford-shooting/

Mac-7
07-25-2016, 01:18 AM
I have watched it and others a number of times. How anyone could interpret his behavior as threatening is beyond me unless one is particularly paranoid, especially where people of color are concerned.

Compare his behavior to people who have been videoed actually threatening others and shooting at people. There is no comparison. The body language is completely different. This man was relaxed and just wandering around flipping the toy as he talked on the phone. Contrast that to the body language of someone intent on killing. It is completely different. Someone who is going to kill expresses tension in every aspect of movement. It is purposeful movement, one that is seeking targets. This was a wrongful death inspired by hysteria.

You say that in the safety of your home after watching the video how many times?

Peter1469
07-25-2016, 05:05 AM
crazy lives matter

decedent
07-25-2016, 03:58 PM
Just one person from the party of Lincoln can say those three words?

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 04:03 PM

There is no evidence that Crawford was pointing that fake weapon at anyone.

The 9-1-1 caller was almost prosecuted for making a false report: 911 Caller Will Not Be Charged For Giving Cops Bad Info Before Fatal Police Shooting (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ronald-ritchie-john-crawford_us_57065a21e4b0b90ac2714e86)

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 04:05 PM
What did Castile do wrong?

No one knows if he did anything wrong. The officer, though, seems to think otherwise. (http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/philando-castile-shooting-nothing-to-do-with-race-cops-attorney-w212532)

It would be smart to withhold judgement. Castile isn't innocent merely because he's black. He's innocent if he did nothing wrong.

He should be presumed innocent until proven otherwise.

Subdermal
07-25-2016, 04:12 PM
Just one person from the party of Lincoln can say those three words?

You're an idiot?

Subdermal
07-25-2016, 04:20 PM
I have watched it and others a number of times. How anyone could interpret his behavior as threatening is beyond me unless one is particularly paranoid, especially where people of color are concerned. Compare his behavior to people who have been videoed actually threatening others and shooting at people. There is no comparison. The body language is completely different. This man was relaxed and just wandering around flipping the toy as he talked on the phone. Contrast that to the body language of someone intent on killing. It is completely different. Someone who is going to kill expresses tension in every aspect of movement. It is purposeful movement, one that is seeking targets. This was a wrongful death inspired by hysteria.

That's an awful lot of information you glean from that video, including your ability to determine a 'toy' in hindsight; including your absolutely stupid conclusion that "someone who is going to kill expresses tension in every aspect of movement". While that can be true, to think that it is true in every case is absolutely irresponsible.

What it tells me is several things:

1. He looks psychologically damaged. He's walking around like he's 'touched'. He's standing and staring at a display for an unusually long - like damaged goods long - time.

2. He was in that store in general an awfully long time, and doesn't appear to have been shopping for anything at all - but the gun he chose to wield, and walk around with.

If that doesn't add up to an intentionally provocative action - if that doesn't add up to 'play stupid games; win stupid prizes' - I'm not sure how better it could be demonstrated.

Dr. Who
07-25-2016, 04:20 PM
You say that in the safety of your home after watching the video how many times?
At least five times, probably more, because I replayed some of them several times looking for the threatening behavior that supposedly made this guy a threat.

Subdermal
07-25-2016, 04:24 PM
At least five times, probably more, because I replayed some of them several times looking for the threatening behavior that supposedly made this guy a threat.

Ok.

I'd like you to type your response while looking in a mirror.

Tell us that you'd see a guy like this in a store, and have no problem sharing an aisle with him.

I want your soul to die a little - while you're watching - if you actually have the temerity to lie to us.

Subdermal
07-25-2016, 04:26 PM
He should be presumed innocent until proven otherwise.

As should the cop.

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 04:29 PM
As should the cop.

I don't agree.

If a government agent deprives someone of their life, liberty, or property, then the burden of proof should be on them to demonstrate their actions were justified.

Subdermal
07-25-2016, 04:40 PM
I don't agree.

If a government agent deprives someone of their life, liberty, or property, then the burden of proof should be on them to demonstrate their actions were justified.

You can see the damage done by presuming guilt before investigation.

One has the presumption of innocence because they are an individual first, and a government agent second. There is no distinction in Constitutional rights in this matter.

So tell me: how does the notion of innocence until proven guilty in any way conflict with the notion that a Goverment entity bears a burden to demonstrate defensible action?

Truth Detector
07-25-2016, 04:45 PM

First off, you have no conservative friends. I doubt any conservative could stand to be around you for more than a minute. Secondly, I would like Liberals to write "black lives matter" a hundred times or until they comprehend that their well intentioned leftist agenda has done nothing but destroyed the black community in Democratically run urban sewers throughout America. Lastly, I would like black Democratic politicians and leaders to write "black lives matter" a hundred times or until they comprehend that their well intentioned leftist agenda has done nothing but destroyed the black community in Democratically run urban sewers throughout America.

Subdermal
07-25-2016, 04:48 PM

Tsk. You should be ashamed at yourself for lying about your characterization of events in that case.

Subdermal
07-25-2016, 04:50 PM

In fact, the nra had an open carry demonstration at that very store a couple weeks later.

https://www.rt.com/usa/193656-guns-walmart-crawford-shooting/

Perhaps Crawford should have scheduled his 'demonstration' at a suitable time - and given the store notice.

Would you not agree?

BTW: did you notice the black guy carrying the gun in that NRA demo?

silvereyes
07-25-2016, 05:18 PM

Dont play dumb by acting like its some obscure incident that wasnt alllllllllllll over the news.

Dr. Who
07-25-2016, 05:18 PM
That's an awful lot of information you glean from that video, including your ability to determine a 'toy' in hindsight; including your absolutely stupid conclusion that "someone who is going to kill expresses tension in every aspect of movement". While that can be true, to think that it is true in every case is absolutely irresponsible.

What it tells me is several things:

1. He looks psychologically damaged. He's walking around like he's 'touched'. He's standing and staring at a display for an unusually long - like damaged goods long - time.

2. He was in that store in general an awfully long time, and doesn't appear to have been shopping for anything at all - but the gun he chose to wield, and walk around with.

If that doesn't add up to an intentionally provocative action - if that doesn't add up to 'play stupid games; win stupid prizes' - I'm not sure how better it could be demonstrated.
The guy was on his phone, he was talking to the mother of his children, so he was not always focused on shopping. Many people on phones don't appear all that normal, especially when you can't see the phone. Holy moly sometimes I spend an inordinate amount of time staring at items on the shelf in the grocery store, looking for something that should be there, but isn't where it belongs. If that's the criterion for characterizing someone as damaged goods, something is very wrong with the world. Furthermore, is there a time limit for shopping? What if he's walking around looking for items that his girlfriend on the other end of the phone is directing him to find, but he's not familiar with the store? I wander around for ages at Home Depot, trying to find what I'm looking for. I've also been on the phone standing in one spot in the grocery store while talking to my husband as he checks for items that we are out of - I might well be staring aimlessly at nothing in particular. Not a very scientific method of determining sanity, especially these days.

He only picks up the BB gun at 8:18 and he is shot at 8:27, that's what 9 minutes later? Must have been a slow day in Beavercreek because the police enter the store at 8:26:07 and are just approaching him at 8:27:02 shoot Crawford at 8:27:03. That's 1 whole second later.

By the way, the guy who said that Crawford pointed the gun at people lied and retracted his statement later after the video did not support his statement. Ironically, Ohio is an open carry State.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2014/09/25/mass-shooting-hysteria-and-the-death-of-john-crawford/

silvereyes
07-25-2016, 05:23 PM
It should never have been national news. It was a minor local news story, as most such stories are.

But that doesnt negate the fact that it was a shot "heard 'round the world" does it?

Dr. Who
07-25-2016, 05:25 PM
Ok.

I'd like you to type your response while looking in a mirror.

Tell us that you'd see a guy like this in a store, and have no problem sharing an aisle with him.

I want your soul to die a little - while you're watching - if you actually have the temerity to lie to us.
Does the fact that the witness that suggested that he was pointing the gun at people recanted because he was lying his face off, make a difference to you? Sorry, I don't go paranoid when I see a young black man on a phone, minding his own business.

Ethereal
07-25-2016, 05:36 PM
You can see the damage done by presuming guilt before investigation.

One has the presumption of innocence because they are an individual first, and a government agent second. There is no distinction in Constitutional rights in this matter.

So tell me: how does the notion of innocence until proven guilty in any way conflict with the notion that a Goverment entity bears a burden to demonstrate defensible action?

The presumption of innocence applies specifically to interactions between state and non-state actors, and its intent is to protect the non-state actor by placing the burden of proof on the state actor. If we presume the state actor is justified in depriving someone of their life, liberty, or property, then how can also presume the non-state actor is innocent? I don't see how we can have it both ways.

decedent
07-25-2016, 06:08 PM
This thread so far: "As a Republican, I can't say that 'black lives matter', but I still think they should vote Republican."

zelmo1234
07-25-2016, 08:02 PM

So what you are saying is that if you shopped at WalMart with an air rifle pointing it at people? You believe that you would be shot too?

And here I thought that they shot him because he was black.

Subdermal
07-25-2016, 09:02 PM
So what you are saying is that if you shopped at WalMart with an air rifle pointing it at people? You believe that you would be shot too?

:thumbsup:

Bethere
07-25-2016, 09:23 PM

No, because I am white. Crawford was executed because he was black. Two weeks after the incident white people with real assault weapons were allowed to shop inside that very same store with no problems at all.

I provided you links and pictures.

Consider the heavily armed shooter from Charleston. Rather than wrestling him to the ground and emptying a couple of clips in him they holstered their weapons, put him in the back seat, and took him to eat at Burger King.

silvereyes
07-25-2016, 09:41 PM
What?

You mean that if you shop at Walmart in exactly the same manner as he did, you'll end up dead?

Are you black?

Oh. Cool. Youre admitting he was shot because he was black.
Its about fucking time one of you pubs said it (typed it) out loud.

silvereyes
07-25-2016, 09:43 PM
You're an idiot?

Nope. These 3: sub is crass.

silvereyes
07-25-2016, 09:47 PM
First off, you have no conservative friends. I doubt any conservative could stand to be around you for more than a minute. Secondly, I would like Liberals to write "black lives matter" a hundred times or until they comprehend that their well intentioned leftist agenda has done nothing but destroyed the black community in Democratically run urban sewers throughout America. Lastly, I would like black Democratic politicians and leaders to write "black lives matter" a hundred times or until they comprehend that their well intentioned leftist agenda has done nothing but destroyed the black community in Democratically run urban sewers throughout America.

Damn. I stumbled into the comic section of the paper.

Cigar
07-25-2016, 09:51 PM

Fact: Black Lives will matter to you one way or another ... it's your choice on the end game ... but it will matter one what or another in the end.

So you can choose ... I have.

Mac-7
07-25-2016, 10:05 PM
Fact: Black Lives will matter to you one way or another ... it's your choice on the end game ... but it will matter one what or another in the end.

Cigar likes to talk tough.

but unlike his Dear Leader this guy really is transparent

so he doesnt scare anyone

Safety
07-25-2016, 10:25 PM

Do you question the American Cancer Society for focusing on cancer and not heart disease?

It's broken into particular groupings because the issue that is prevalent at the moment is blacks getting shot by the police.

Safety
07-25-2016, 10:28 PM
Does the fact that the witness that suggested that he was pointing the gun at people recanted because he was lying his face off, make a difference to you? Sorry, I don't go paranoid when I see a young black man on a phone, minding his own business.

It really speaks more to their individual biases....

Subdermal
07-25-2016, 10:54 PM

Yeah. You chose to go live in a white neighborhood and join a white country club.

Dr. Who
07-25-2016, 11:30 PM
Yeah. You chose to go live in a white neighborhood and join a white country club.
How about that he chose to buy a house in a middle-class neighborhood that he liked and was convenient to his work and then joined the local golf club. Must it be about race all the time? Should he instead move to the urban ghetto in the city because that's where "his people" supposedly live? Some whites live in trailer parks. Do you feel compelled to live in a trailer park?

People live where they can afford to live unless they are segregationists and insist on living in an ethnic enclave. My urban neighborhood includes Whites of every ethnic extraction, all manner of Asians, Blacks, mixed people, LGBT people and even Aboriginal people. It has an extremely low crime rate. My neighbors are all friendly, nice people. Their children have all grown up to be nice people, irrespective of ethnicity.

Safety
07-25-2016, 11:33 PM
How about that he chose to buy a house in a middle-class neighborhood that he liked and was convenient to his work and then joined the local golf club. Must it be about race all the time? Should he instead move to the urban ghetto in the city because that's where "his people" supposedly live? Some whites live in trailer parks. Do you feel compelled to live in a trailer park?

People live where they can afford to live unless they are segregationists and insist on living in an ethnic enclave. My urban neighborhood includes Whites of every ethnic extraction, all manner of Asians, Blacks, mixed people, LGBT people and even Aboriginal people. It has an extremely low crime rate. My neighbors are all friendly, nice people. Their children have all grown up to be nice people, irrespective of ethnicity.
It's the same rhetoric, It's not a war on cops, it's a war on white cops, etc...

Mac-7
07-26-2016, 01:49 AM

Cigar chose to live in a civilized white neighborhood instead of the "hood" because his black life matters - to him.

because its far more likely to be killed by another obama voter than by a cop.

decedent
07-26-2016, 11:10 AM
I was hoping that black lives mattered to conservatives.

hanger4
07-26-2016, 11:45 AM

Nobody said they didn't.

Cigar
07-26-2016, 11:49 AM
Cigar chose to live in a civilized white neighborhood instead of the "hood" because his black life matters - to him.

because its far more likely to be killed by another obama voter than by a cop.

Actually my House was the second built in the subdivision ... the first was to a Hispanic Man and his Greek Wife ... :laugh:

Reload, Re-Aim and Retry ...

Truth Detector
07-26-2016, 11:51 AM
This thread so far: "As a Republican, I can't say that 'black lives matter', but I still think they should vote Republican."

:rofl:

Truth Detector
07-26-2016, 11:52 AM
Damn. I stumbled into the comic section of the paper.

Wrong; you stumbled on those lame leftist talking points you've been spoon fed. :laugh:

Truth Detector
07-26-2016, 11:53 AM

I always hoped it would matter to LibTards. ;)

Cletus
07-26-2016, 12:33 PM

You make things about race as much if not more than anyone else here (except Cigar, who is all race all the time). You are the classic White Liberal Apologist.

Race is only an issue because people allow it to be an issue. Some people actually want it to be an issue. Personally, I don't care a rat's ass about it. I would like to see any mention of race scrubbed from all census data. I see nothing productive about it and the entire issue serves to do nothing but divide people.

Private Pickle
07-26-2016, 12:35 PM
Depending on your definition of "matter"...no lives matter...

decedent
07-26-2016, 01:53 PM
It's a shame my conservative friends cant say that black lives matter. It's almost as if they don't care about black people. I guess I know why black people vote Democrat.

Cletus
07-26-2016, 01:55 PM
It's a shame my conservative friends cant say that black lives matter. It's almost as if they don't care about black people. I guess I know why black people vote Democrat.

I am going to assume you are smart enough to know how divisive rhetoric like your is, but just don't care.

People like you are the problem.

zelmo1234
07-26-2016, 01:56 PM

Don't feel bad, you liberal friends did not follow your lead and Say that Blue lives matter either, So here we are.

What I find concerning is that the left can't admit that there is a strand that is part of the BLM movement that are promoting violence against the police.

They also seem to look the other way when these people take over a protest.

decedent
07-26-2016, 01:58 PM
I am going to assume you are smart enough to know how divisive rhetoric like your is, but just don't care.

People like you are the problem.

Why? Am I interfering with a racist agenda? I believe the conservatives around here call it "trolling."

Common Sense
07-26-2016, 01:59 PM
Don't feel bad, you liberal friends did not follow your lead and Say that Blue lives matter either, So here we are.

What I find concerning is that the left can't admit that there is a strand that is part of the BLM movement that are promoting violence against the police.

I said blue lives matter in that thread. Of course they do.

Cletus
07-26-2016, 02:01 PM
Why? Am I interfering with a racist agenda? I believe the conservatives around here call it "trolling."

No. You HAVE a racist agenda and are actively promoting it.

decedent
07-26-2016, 02:30 PM

Look at all the leftists promoting violence against the police. Too many to count, apparently.

zelmo1234
07-26-2016, 02:32 PM
Look at all the leftists promoting violence against the police. Too many to count, apparently.

Well there are plenty of them in the BLM movement and they as you all have pointed out are not Republicans

decedent
07-26-2016, 02:32 PM
Conservative friend, please stop suggesting that supporting black people is racist. It exposes your privilege that you're so afraid of losing.

zelmo1234
07-26-2016, 02:36 PM
Conservative friend, please stop suggesting that supporting black people is racist. It exposes your privilege that you're so afraid of losing.

Liberal Friend, pleas stop pretending that there is NO anti police movement inside of the BLM movement, It exposes the fact that you are not willing to be truthful about the current situation. As for my privilege? I am not sure where that came from, though when I had to work my way through collage, had I been a minority, I would have gotten Grants. yeah! ME for being White, I was allowed to pay for my school

Cletus
07-26-2016, 02:38 PM

You really aren't smart enough to play this game. I gave you too much credit earlier.

You are trying to create division among the races. You are obviously doing so because you wish to manipulate and dominate one in order to use them to gain political influence. If I were Black, I would be highly insulted by people like you.

decedent
07-26-2016, 02:42 PM
... I had to work my way through collage...

So there's that.

decedent
07-26-2016, 02:44 PM
You really aren't smart enough to play this game. I gave you too much credit earlier.

You are trying to create division among the races. You are obviously doing so because you wish to manipulate and dominate one in order to use them to gain political influence. If I were Black, I would be highly insulted by people like you.

Well, it's great to know you care so much about the black community, Cletus. Maybe you can admit that their lives matter? It's easy; just three simple words.

hanger4
07-26-2016, 03:19 PM
Well, it's great to know you care so much about the black community, Cletus. Maybe you can admit that their lives matter? It's easy; just three simple words.

You're right decedent those three words are very important, ALL LIVES MATTER.

OGIS
07-26-2016, 04:22 PM

I expect we will shortly be subjected to conservatroll tactic #2,184: willful refusal to acknowledge the validity of any news story that pops their alternate reality bubble.

maineman
07-26-2016, 04:23 PM
So there's that.

majoring in decoupage, no doubt.

del
07-26-2016, 04:24 PM
Liberal Friend, pleas stop pretending that there is NO anti police movement inside of the BLM movement, It exposes the fact that you are not willing to be truthful about the current situation. As for my privilege? I am not sure where that came from, though when I had to work my way through collage, had I been a minority, I would have gotten Grants. yeah! ME for being White, I was allowed to pay for my school

the majority of scholarships are based on merit.

i'm not surprised you didn't get any for *collage*

Common Sense
07-26-2016, 04:25 PM
So there's that.

Some collages can be quite elaborate.

del
07-26-2016, 04:26 PM

if you go with a really good linen based paper, they can be quite expensive, too.

stand by for the dyslexia excuse...

decedent
07-26-2016, 04:31 PM

I hear collages can take 4 years to complete... but often not worth the debt.

Safety
07-26-2016, 04:50 PM
I hear collages can take 4 years to complete... but often not worth the debt.
Depends on how dedicated the artist is...

Mac-7
07-26-2016, 06:04 PM
Actually my House was the second built in the subdivision ... the first was to a Hispanic Man and his Greek Wife ... :laugh:

How often do you and your hispanic/greek/white/whatever neighbors get so angry at the police that you loot and burn the local CVS pharmacy?

in spite all your tough talk on the internet I dont believe you ever beat up a cop and tried to take his gun away.

Subdermal
07-26-2016, 10:13 PM
The presumption of innocence applies specifically to interactions between state and non-state actors, and its intent is to protect the non-state actor by placing the burden of proof on the state actor. If we presume the state actor is justified in depriving someone of their life, liberty, or property, then how can also presume the non-state actor is innocent? I don't see how we can have it both ways.

I don't know where you get this stuff. "Presumption of Innocence" is a legal term intended to protect the accused from mob vengeance - and it has no bearing whatsoever on the individual's circumstance. Guilt or innocence is a personal condition, and no one's station has any bearing on the burden of proof on society to determine it.

If we do not grant a Government employee equal standing in the eyes of the law, then we are not a nation of laws at all.

Subdermal
07-26-2016, 10:16 PM
No, because I am white. Crawford was executed because he was black. Two weeks after the incident white people with real assault weapons were allowed to shop inside that very same store with no problems at all.

Why didn't you bother to explain a tiny detail? You know: the one where the presence of the NRA members demonstrating open carry was pre-planned, and store personnel notified?

I provided you links and pictures.

Along with just enough information to mislead.

Consider the heavily armed shooter from Charleston. Rather than wrestling him to the ground and emptying a couple of clips in him they holstered their weapons, put him in the back seat, and took him to eat at Burger King.

You speaking of Roof? Did he resist arrest? What differences were present in his confrontation with police, vs other examples you'd like to cite?

Subdermal
07-26-2016, 10:20 PM

How about that he chose to buy a house in a middle-class neighborhood that he liked and was convenient to his work and then joined the local golf club. Must it be about race all the time?

You're asking me, when - as I remind you as seen above what Cigar made it about? How about you stop granting the race whřre cover?

Should he instead move to the urban ghetto in the city because that's where "his people" supposedly live? Some whites live in trailer parks. Do you feel compelled to live in a trailer park?

No, I don't. I'm not the one who complains that "his people" need help, nor do I claim that their condition is no fault of their own. I don't blame 'Blackie' for the condition of white trash.

This is meaningless to the context of my response to Cigar. You ignore his veiled threat because you are a guilty white liberal who refuses to confront the dysfunction and the race baiting.

Subdermal
07-26-2016, 10:23 PM

Why should their lives matter to us any more than any other lives?

Particularly when they demonstrate in headlines daily that their lives matter so little to themselves?

Or have you forgotten who kills the most blacks - outside of Planned Parenthood, that is...and even in that case there are black mothers who walked in of their own volition?

Subdermal
07-26-2016, 10:23 PM

WTF does that have to do with Mac-7's claim about your motives?

Ethereal
07-26-2016, 10:24 PM
I don't know where you get this stuff. "Presumption of Innocence" is a legal term intended to protect the accused from mob vengeance - and it has no bearing whatsoever on the individual's circumstance. Guilt or innocence is a personal condition, and no one's station has any bearing on the burden of proof on society to determine it.

If we do not grant a Government employee equal standing in the eyes of the law, then we are not a nation of laws at all.

The state has a monopoly on legal guilt and innocence, so the presumption of innocence can only conceivably apply in that particular context, i.e., in situations where the state deprives an individual of their right to life, liberty, or property. And it's entirely reasonable to hold the state to a higher legal standard than private individuals because there is an asymmetrical relationship between them. The state has the power to deprive an individual of their right to life, liberty, or property, whereas private individuals generally do not. That is why agents of the state must be held to a different standard when acting in their official capacity, because with great power comes great responsibility. If police are uncomfortable with this arrangement, then they can just find another job. Being a cop is not a right. It is a public service. Of course, when police officers are off duty, acting in their private capacity, they are beholden to the same standards as everyone else, but when they assume a position of authority over other individuals, they must also assume a commensurate amount of added responsibility. And that means the burden of proof falls entirely on them anytime they deprive an individual of their rights.

decedent
Why should their lives matter to us any more than any other lives?

They shouldn't matter more.

Why can't Republicans say that black lives matter?

Subdermal
You make things about race as much if not more than anyone else here (except Cigar, who is all race all the time). You are the classic White Liberal Apologist.

Race is only an issue because people allow it to be an issue. Some people actually want it to be an issue. Personally, I don't care a rat's ass about it. I would like to see any mention of race scrubbed from all census data. I see nothing productive about it and the entire issue serves to do nothing but divide people.

It is my pleasure to requote this as a way to reinforce exactly what I also said about Who.

Subdermal
07-26-2016, 10:26 PM

You have no conservative friends here. You start your post with a lie, and end with one.

Captain Obvious
07-26-2016, 10:26 PM

[INSERT RACIAL DEMOGRAPHIC HERE] lives matter.

...shit, I'm not a Republican.

Cletus
07-26-2016, 10:32 PM
It is my pleasure to requote this as a way to reinforce exactly what I also said about Who.

That puts me in good company.

Subdermal
07-26-2016, 10:38 PM
The state has a monopoly on legal guilt and innocence, so the presumption of innocence can only conceivably apply in that particular context, i.e., in situations where the state deprives an individual of their right to life, liberty, or property. And it's entirely reasonable to hold the state to a higher legal standard than private individuals because there is an asymmetrical relationship between them.

No, in fact you decimate the concept of equal protection entirely in claiming so. The State is not guilty of anything but policy. Individuals are who commit crimes.

The state has the power to deprive an individual of their right to life, liberty, or property, whereas private individuals generally do not.

Where do you get that? Of course an individual has the power to deprive another individual of those things: that's what - in order - murderers, kidnappers and thieves.....do.

That is why agents of the state must be held to a different standard when acting in their official capacity, because with great power comes great responsibility.

That does not mean a different standard should be applied. In fact, if you think that is the case, it is an indication that the general standard as been degraded.

If police are uncomfortable with this arrangement, then they can just find another job. Being a cop is not a right. It is a public service.

You're going far afield here. Who said that being a cop is a right? It is a very difficult job, and getting more difficult by the day. They're prone to error like anyone else. Their training is really the only check against it, but let's make no mistake here: the very nature of their job makes errors inevitable.

The very nature of their jobs can also attract power hungry azzholes as well. No one said that cops should be granted special cover. I merely stated that their innocence should be presumed, as any other citizen's innocence would be, when accused.

Of course, when police officers are off duty, acting in their private capacity, they are beholden to the same standards as everyone else, but when they assume a position of authority over other individuals, they must also assume a commensurate amount of added responsibility. And that means the burden of proof falls entirely on them anytime they deprive an individual of their rights.

Presumption of innocence is not position dependent. I do not believe you have advanced credibility to demonstrate otherwise one millimeter.

Ethereal
07-26-2016, 10:39 PM
No, in fact you decimate the concept of equal protection entirely in claiming so. The State is not guilty of anything but policy. Individuals are who commit crimes.

Where. Do you get that? Of course an individual has the power to deprive another individual of those things: that's what - in order - murderers, kidnappers and thieves.....do.

That does not mean a different standard should be applied. In fact, if you think that is the case, it is an indication that the general standard as been degraded.

You're going far afield here. Who said that being a cop is a right? It is a very difficult job, and getting more difficult by the day. They're prone to error like anyone else. Their training is really the only check against it, but let's make no mistake here: the very nature of their job makes errors inevitable.

The very nature of their jobs can also attract power hungry azzholes as well. No one said that cops should be granted special cover. I merely stated that their innocence should be presumed, as any other citizen's innocence would be, when accused.

Presumption of innocence is not position dependent. I do not believe you have advanced credibility to demonstrate otherwise one millimeter.

I've said my piece. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Subdermal
07-26-2016, 10:41 PM

If they don't matter more, and they don't matter less, your point essentially fails.

Black Lives Matter haven't bothered to fix the hypocrisy of that message within their own race - and they make it about race by including the word 'black' in their moniker.

They are, therefore, both racists and hypocrites.

Dr. Who
07-26-2016, 11:14 PM
You're asking me, when - as I remind you as seen above what Cigar made it about? How about you stop granting the race whřre cover?

No, I don't. I'm not the one who complains that "his people" need help, nor do I claim that their condition is no fault of their own. I don't blame 'Blackie' for the condition of white trash.

This is meaningless to the context of my response to Cigar. You ignore his veiled threat because you are a guilty white liberal who refuses to confront the dysfunction and the race baiting.
I have no reason to be guilty. My forebears had nothing to do with slavery or Jim Crow, so why would I be guilty? Race baiting works both ways SD. The assumption that all the ills that befall black Americans is their own fault is just as racist as assuming that whites are all conspiring to keep black people down. I don't believe either to be true, but I do believe that there is subconscious racism in America. People who don't even believe themselves to be racist are still far more willing to believe that any black American killed by police must have done something wrong to deserve being killed, even if that person has never done anything worse than get a speeding ticket.

This is not even a racial issue for me, although blacks get inordinately harassed by police. The real issue is why are police so afraid in general? Unarmed whites are getting killed even more often than unarmed blacks if you believe the statistics. It would seem to me that the mantra that suggests that everyone be armed is also resulting in a fearful and paranoid police community particularly in places where people can carry open or concealed. While I believe that better training could at least spare the mentally ill from being shot precipitously, the fact that every single person is now statistically likely to be armed is creating an "us" vs "them" mentality in police departments. That is otherwise described as militarism. Police are now often approaching civilian situations much like soldiers in ISIS-controlled areas of Iraq. Police departments are now also receiving used military equipment to complete the overall picture. I can't help but recall the old westerns where no one wants to be the sheriff because the sheriffs don't live long in a town where everyone is armed.

It's funny but when everyone was carrying weapons in those frontier towns, people were forced to drop their weapons at the sheriff's office. Gun control was big in the wild west. This is not fiction, but fact. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/adam-winkler/did-the-wild-west-have-mo_b_956035.html

Subdermal
07-26-2016, 11:39 PM
I have no reason to be guilty. My forebears had nothing to do with slavery or Jim Crow, so why would I be guilty?

You give reasons that would support why you shouldn't, and then utter words that demonstrate that you are.

Race baiting works both ways SD. The assumption that all the ills that befall black Americans is their own fault is just as racist as assuming that whites are all conspiring to keep black people down.

Forcing the answer to be binary in order to defend your assertion is an indication of the weakness of your claim.

I don't believe either to be true, but I do believe that there is subconscious racism in America.

If it is subconscious, it is no more powerful than any social pressure or stigma most individuals experience multiple times in their lives, and there is absolutely no reason why any individual wouldn't easily overcome such a 'subconscious' obstacle.

In fact: there is a 'subconscious' bias against white Christian Conservativism.

So why aren't white Christian Conservatives a total mess? Where is all that white Christian Conservative on white Christian Conservative crime?

People who don't even believe themselves to be racist are still far more willing to believe that any black American killed by police must have done something wrong to deserve being killed, even if that person has never done anything worse than get a speeding ticket.

You absolutely made that up because you fail to consider what is plainly before you. Time and again, the evidence of overwhelming crime and dysfunction in the black community demonstrates itself. Time and again, we see in this forum the knee jerk presumption of cop guilt. You plainly suck at the ability to differentiate the reaction to that wholly irresponsible stance put forth by the usual suspects, and willfully choose to consider it evidence that the objector "must believe that the black had to have done something wrong".

That's not our problem. It's yours.

This is not even a racial issue for me, although blacks get inordinately harassed by police.

I see no reason to believe that, and - as evidence - I offered the study from the first black Harvard professor to gain tenure. If you were correct, there would be evidence uncovered that demonstrated that blacks were MORE likely to be killed with an encounter with police than whites.

The evidence uncovered demonstrated that they were LESS likely to be killed. I have absolutely no doubt that blacks 'cop' attitudes with police; I see it every day in the news. As such, their tendency to resist arrest is higher than in other races.

Do you wish to deny that?

The real issue is why are police so afraid in general?

For someone who likes to sport the wisdom of an owl in your avatar, that level of obtuse ignorance is really unacceptable.

Why don't you ask Baltimore cops why they're afraid? Why not ask Dallas cops? How about the family of the cop who was killed by being ambushed while fueling his car?

Unarmed whites are getting killed even more often than unarmed blacks if you believe the statistics.

There are 6 times more of them.

It would seem to me that the mantra that suggests that everyone be armed is also resulting in a fearful and paranoid police community particularly in places where people can carry open or concealed.

Now you need to broach that topic with Sheriff David Clarke, who disagrees with you vehemently. Police aren't increasingly fearful because of increasing guns. Police are fearful because of increasing vitriol aimed at cops, and a media and liberal public who declare police black hunters - while openly supporting the notion of attacking police.

While I believe that better training could at least spare the mentally ill from being shot precipitously, the fact that every single person is now statistically likely to be armed is creating an "us" vs "them" mentality in police departments.

This is preposterous bullsht; a contrivance of a liberal mind incapable of dealing with reality. As evidence: when was the last time a legal carry citizen shot a cop?

That is otherwise described as militarism. Police are now often approaching civilian situations much like soldiers in ISIS-controlled areas of Iraq. Police departments are now also receiving used military equipment to complete the overall picture. I can't help but recall the old westerns where no one wants to be the sheriff because the sheriffs don't live long in a town where everyone is armed.

...which you got from watching old westerns, instead of reading history books.

It's funny but when everyone was carrying weapons in those frontier towns, people were forced to drop their weapons at the sheriff's office. Gun control was big in the wild west. This is not fiction, but fact. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/adam-winkler/did-the-wild-west-have-mo_b_956035.html

So in one breath, you claim that everyone was armed, and - in the next - demonstrate how they absolutely controlled it.

Good grief.

Dr. Who
07-27-2016, 12:15 AM
You give reasons that would support why you shouldn't, and then utter words that demonstrate that you are.

Forcing the answer to be binary in order to defend your assertion is an indication of the weakness of your claim.

If it is subconscious, it is no more powerful than any social pressure or stigma most individuals experience multiple times in their lives, and there is absolutely no reason why any individual wouldn't easily overcome such a 'subconscious' obstacle.

In fact: there is a 'subconscious' bias against white Christian Conservativism.

So why aren't white Christian Conservatives a total mess? Where is all that white Christian Conservative on white Christian Conservative crime?

You absolutely made that up because you fail to consider what is plainly before you. Time and again, the evidence of overwhelming crime and dysfunction in the black community demonstrates itself. Time and again, we see in this forum the knee jerk presumption of cop guilt. You plainly suck at the ability to differentiate the reaction to that wholly irresponsible stance put forth by the usual suspects, and willfully choose to consider it evidence that the objector "must believe that the black had to have done something wrong".

That's not our problem. It's yours.

I see no reason to believe that, and - as evidence - I offered the study from the first black Harvard professor to gain tenure. If you were correct, there would be evidence uncovered that demonstrated that blacks were MORE likely to be killed with an encounter with police than whites.

The evidence uncovered demonstrated that they were LESS likely to be killed. I have absolutely no doubt that blacks 'cop' attitudes with police; I see it every day in the news. As such, their tendency to resist arrest is higher than in other races.

Do you wish to deny that?

For someone who likes to sport the wisdom of an owl in your avatar, that level of obtuse ignorance is really unacceptable.

Why don't you ask Baltimore cops why they're afraid? Why not ask Dallas cops? How about the family of the cop who was killed by being ambushed while fueling his car?

There are 6 times more of them.

Now you need to broach that topic with Sheriff David Clarke, who disagrees with you vehemently. Police aren't increasingly fearful because of increasing guns. Police are fearful because of increasing vitriol aimed at cops, and a media and liberal public who declare police black hunters - while openly supporting the notion of attacking police.

This is preposterous bullsht; a contrivance of a liberal mind incapable of dealing with reality. As evidence: when was the last time a legal carry citizen shot a cop?

...which you got from watching old westerns, instead of reading history books.

So in one breath, you claim that everyone was armed, and - in the next - demonstrate how they absolutely controlled it.

Good grief.
Good grief yourself. Frontier sheriffs and marshalls disarmed towns because it just wasn't safe, particularly for the constabulary. You can facepalm all you want, but when open carry was common practice, towns stopped it because too many people including law enforcement were dying. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Not only rational and intelligent people can buy and carry guns, complete jerks and fools can also carry guns. The same idiot that drives an uninsured car, lives in a trailer park on welfare, drinks beer all day and shoots off guns on the fourth of July with no thought as to where the bullets land, can open carry. That's the goober that you really want in a situation where some nut is shooting at people, for sure. You seem to think that everyone with a gun is responsible and not a moron.

Cops have misinterpreted colostomy bags for hidden weapons for goodness sake. I stand by what I have said. If you don't agree, that's your prerogative. I stand behind my belief that the expectation that people are carrying weapons is resulting in more civilian deaths at the hands of police.

Mac-7
07-27-2016, 02:38 AM

All lives matter

Mac-7
07-27-2016, 02:44 AM
Good grief yourself. Frontier sheriffs and marshalls disarmed towns because it just wasn't safe, particularly for the constabulary. You can facepalm all you want, but when open carry was common practice, towns stopped it because too many people including law enforcement were dying.

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Not only rational and intelligent people can buy and carry guns, complete jerks and fools can also carry guns. The same idiot that drives an uninsured car, lives in a trailer park on welfare, drinks beer all day and shoots off guns on the fourth of July with no thought as to where the bullets land, can open carry. That's the goober that you really want in a situation where some nut is shooting at people, for sure. You seem to think that everyone with a gun is responsible and not a moron.

Cops have misinterpreted colostomy bags for hidden weapons for goodness sake. I stand by what I have said. If you don't agree, that's your prerogative. I stand behind my belief that the expectation that people are carrying weapons is resulting in more civilian deaths at the hands of police.

Thats a good point.

but we have become a far more hair-splitting legalistic society since then.

the fact that the 2nd Amendment protects gun rights is no different than the abortionists who cling to a womans alleged constitutional right to kill her unborn child.

or back in those days the right of society to lead children in school prayer.

So lets not have liberals go folksy and common sense on us all of a sudden.

decedent
07-27-2016, 07:58 AM
Republicans can't say that black lives matter yet they want black people to vote for them. Not gonna happen.

Mac-7
07-27-2016, 10:47 AM
Republicans can't say that black lives matter yet they want black people to vote for them. Not gonna happen.

As I already said several pages ago all lives matter.

that includes black people

Tahuyaman
07-27-2016, 11:12 AM

The left seems to be very creative in finding new ways to create divisions and racial unrest. They seems to like finding ways to pit one racial group against the other.

I remember a Democrat candidate for president getting shouted down and forced to apologize for saying "all lives matter".

Subdermal
07-27-2016, 11:57 AM
Good grief yourself. Frontier sheriffs and marshalls disarmed towns because it just wasn't safe, particularly for the constabulary. You can facepalm all you want, but when open carry was common practice, towns stopped it because too many people including law enforcement were dying. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Not only rational and intelligent people can buy and carry guns, complete jerks and fools can also carry guns. The same idiot that drives an uninsured car, lives in a trailer park on welfare, drinks beer all day and shoots off guns on the fourth of July with no thought as to where the bullets land, can open carry. That's the goober that you really want in a situation where some nut is shooting at people, for sure. You seem to think that everyone with a gun is responsible and not a moron.

Nothing beats the obstinate facade of a liberal who is positive something is true, regardless the facts presented.

Open carry reduces crime (http://www.usnews.com/debate-club/should-people-be-allowed-to-carry-guns-openly/open-carry-deters-crime)

Regardless what you fabricate in your head, I can bury your claims under studies like this. This is fact. What you offer is imagined.

Subdermal
07-27-2016, 12:08 PM
Further, it is my contention that both open and concealed carry reduce crime. It is entirely possible that concealed carry and open carry each have maximum effect in particular scenarios.

Either way, this argument has plenty of documentation to support either contention.

http://www.debate.org/debates/Conceal-carry-laws-reduce-crime/1/

Hal Jordan
07-27-2016, 02:14 PM
No Lives Matter.
Cthulhu 2016: It's time to end this.

Common
07-27-2016, 02:28 PM

I have no problem saying Black Lives Matter and meaning it. My issue is that they dont believe white lives matter and neither do millions more white folk and they are hooked up to a group that wants to kill cops and promotes it.

Just how the fuck do you expect me to support that racist garbage and you liberals and safety want to insinuate im the problem

Common
07-27-2016, 02:29 PM
No Lives Matter.
@Cthulhu (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=872) 2016: It's time to end this.

Its never going to end because BLM wont let it

Hal Jordan
07-27-2016, 03:32 PM
Its never going to end because BLM wont let it

They won't have any say in the matter.

Cthulhu
07-27-2016, 11:25 PM

...are you postulating that blue and white are the same color now?

*raises eyebrow*

Cthulhu
07-27-2016, 11:29 PM

For most people you are quite correct. But when you train enough even bizarre/violent things can be done while relaxed, even with a smile on your face.

There is something about listening to Louis Armstrong's "Wonderful World" while doing a failure to stop drill flawlessly...so smooth. It's like art really.

*begins dancing*

Cthulhu
07-27-2016, 11:33 PM
No Lives Matter.
@Cthulhu (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=872) 2016: It's time to end this.

It will have to wait until they finish the Marvel comic book movies, as well as the justice league movies.

After that, and a nap, then yes.

Safety
07-27-2016, 11:35 PM
...are you postulating that blue and white are the same color now?

*raises eyebrow*

I don't see it as the same, they shouldn't be the same, but my post addresses those who always want to make it interchangeable.

Safety
07-27-2016, 11:38 PM
I have no problem saying Black Lives Matter and meaning it. My issue is that they dont believe white lives matter and neither do millions more white folk and they are hooked up to a group that wants to kill cops and promotes it.

Just how the fuck do you expect me to support that racist garbage and you liberals and safety want to insinuate im the problem

Stop playing the victim, I never insinuated that you are the problem.

Cthulhu
07-27-2016, 11:41 PM
I don't see it as the same, they shouldn't be the same, but my post addresses those who always want to make it interchangeable.

Did you here that cops want 'hate crime' protected status now?

It's bloody ridiculous.

Safety
07-27-2016, 11:42 PM
Did you here that cops want 'hate crime' protected status now?

It's bloody ridiculous.
I read about it, did you know k-9's and horses are treated like a human officer in the eyes of the law?

Cthulhu
07-27-2016, 11:44 PM
I read about it, did you know k-9's and horses are treated like a human officer in the eyes of the law?

If that is true, than Cthulhu's Cell phone might have a new dietary supplement.

Bethere
07-27-2016, 11:46 PM

Unable to be confronted by the accused in court as required by the 6th and 14th amendments to the constitution, a dog shouldn't be allowed to assist in arrests.

decedent
07-27-2016, 11:46 PM
Black lives DO NOT MATTER...

No surprises here. Can any other of my good conservative friends admit that black lives matter with those three magic words?

Thats what this thread is about. He wants people not of color to say just Black Lives Matter. Yeah Ok, hold your breath

"Just"? You need to read the OP. It's nice and short.

Mac-7
07-28-2016, 05:55 AM
No surprises here. Can any other of my good conservative friends admit that black lives matter with those three magic words?

All lives matter.

hanger4
07-28-2016, 06:02 AM

Sure "all lives matter"

Common
07-28-2016, 06:04 AM

Twist my words and take a selective snippet from my post, stereotypical of left wing phonies :)

I said Black Lives Do not matter. ALL LIVES MATTER, uh all includes blacks but doesnt exclude anyone else. Got that bunky lol

Common
07-28-2016, 06:06 AM
Sure "all lives matter"

They cant grasp that hanger, they want everyone to say BLACK LIVES MATTER, they can kiss my ass

hanger4
07-28-2016, 06:24 AM
They cant grasp that hanger, they want everyone to say BLACK LIVES MATTER, they can kiss my ass

I wouldn't say 'they'. This is mostly decedent, he seems to think he's proving something evil about 'conservatives', that ol debunked 'cons are racist just because they're cons'. In reality he's showing his close mindedness and possibly his youthful inexperience.

Safety
07-28-2016, 06:29 AM

It's that same phenomenon that doesn't allow them to repudiate racist comments from fellow conservatives, but they have pretty good radar when there is an insinuated attack on whites...

Truth Detector
07-28-2016, 06:31 AM

It's that same phenomenon that doesn't allow them to repudiate racist comments from fellow conservatives, but they have pretty good radar when there is an insinuated attack on whites...

Mac-7
07-28-2016, 06:37 AM

And you are the black verson of that.

very think skinned when you hear criticism of black people.

which is understandable in a wacko black power guy who is honest enough to admit it.

but not so good for someone like you who pretends to be open minded

Safety
07-28-2016, 06:54 AM
And you are the black verson of that.

very think skinned when you hear criticism of black people.

which is understandable in a wacko black power guy who is honest enough to admit it.

but not so good for someone like you who pretends to be open minded
When surrounded by the white version of thin skinned people who pretend to see all Americans as equals, as long as they are white, it has a way of changing one's thinking...

zelmo1234
07-28-2016, 07:02 AM
I wonder, how Dr. King would view the BLM movement. Of course we know that he would totally disagree with the Chants calling for the murder of police, which try as they may, the BLM movement can't deny. That is a part of their movement.

Dr. King had a dream and that was that a person be judged by the content of their character, and not the color of their skin

BLM is about the color of the person skin and that can't be denied either.

So when some say that people want to look at everyone the same, that in fact was Dr. King's dream, now there are those in this country that are racist, that is true, but there is too many people that try to find racism in every aspect of life, and in many places that it does not exist.

Hiding behind race is just as much Racism as discrimination. And it would be a great day for that to stop,

hanger4
07-28-2016, 10:52 AM
NFL star Richard Sherman: ‘All lives matter’“It’s frustrating on both sides, because you understand that police officers have a duty and a job,” Sherman said. “They sacrifice a lot to protect and serve. And I understand that some don’t do it the right way. I also understand that people shouldn’t get killed just because of the color of their skin.”http://hypeline.org/nfl-star-richard-sherman-all-lives-matter/

decedent
07-30-2016, 07:57 PM
An interesting read:
(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-halstead/dear-fellow-white-people-_b_11109842.html)
(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-halstead/dear-fellow-white-people-_b_11109842.html)
The Real Reason White People Say ‘All Lives Matter’
Dear fellow white people, let’s have an honest talk about why we say “All Lives Matter.” First of all, notice that no one was saying “All Lives Matter” before people started saying “Black Lives Matter.” So “All Lives Matter” is a response to “Black Lives Matter.” Apparently, something about the statement “Black Lives Matter” makes us uncomfortable. Why is that?

Now some white people might say that singling out Black people’s lives as mattering somehow means that white lives don’t matter. Of course, that’s silly. If you went to a Breast Cancer Awareness event, you wouldn’t think that they were saying that other types of cancer don’t matter. And you’d be shocked if someone showed up with a sign saying “Colon Cancer Matters” or chanting “All Cancer Patients Matter.” So clearly, something else is prompting people to say “All Lives Matter” in response to “Black Lives Matter.”

Many of the people saying “All Lives Matter” also are fond of saying “Blue Lives Matter.” If you find that the statement “Black Lives Matter” bothers you, but not “Blue Lives Matter,” then the operative word is “Black”. That should tell us something. There’s something deeply discomfiting about the word “Black.” I think it’s because it reminds us of our whiteness and challenges our notion that race doesn’t matter.

Subdermal
07-30-2016, 08:20 PM
An interesting read:
Dear fellow white people, let’s have an honest talk about why we say “All Lives Matter.” First of all, notice that no one was saying “All Lives Matter” before people started saying “Black Lives Matter.” So “All Lives Matter” is a response to “Black Lives Matter.” Apparently, something about the statement “Black Lives Matter” makes us uncomfortable. Why is that?

Now some white people might say that singling out Black people’s lives as mattering somehow means that white lives don’t matter. Of course, that’s silly. If you went to a Breast Cancer Awareness event, you wouldn’t think that they were saying that other types of cancer don’t matter. And you’d be shocked if someone showed up with a sign saying “Colon Cancer Matters” or chanting “All Cancer Patients Matter.” So clearly, something else is prompting people to say “All Lives Matter” in response to “Black Lives Matter.”

Many of the people saying “All Lives Matter” also are fond of saying “Blue Lives Matter.” If you find that the statement “Black Lives Matter” bothers you, but not “Blue Lives Matter,” then the operative word is “Black”. That should tell us something. There’s something deeply discomfiting about the word “Black.” I think it’s because it reminds us of our whiteness and challenges our notion that race doesn’t matter.

No is surprised when an angsty leftist apologist goes out on a limb to support leftist causes, and demonstrate the white guilt that makes them an angsty leftist apologist.

Here's the facts.

We say "all lives matter" because - before this asinine hypocrisy of a leftist movement appeared - such things would and should have gone without saying. That's how obvious they are.

The term "Black Lives Matter" is an affront to those who believe all lives matter, particularly when the same group shouting the message {a} hates cops, and {b} clearly doesn't believe Black Lives Matter, or they'd first turn to their OWN RACE to prevent black on black murders, which is clearly the #1 murder demographic in the country.

Beyond that, the message is divisive: there is no just purpose in elevating the need for black lives to matter above or beyond any other lives - particularly when those lecturing us are so incompetent at protecting their own lives from each other.

decedent
07-30-2016, 08:24 PM
No is surprised when an angsty leftist apologist goes out on a limb to support leftist causes, and demonstrate the white guilt that makes them an angsty leftist apologist.

Here's the facts.

We say "all lives matter" because - before this asinine hypocrisy of a leftist movement appeared - such things would and should have gone without saying. That's how obvious they are.

The term "Black Lives Matter" is an affront to those who believe all lives matter, particularly when the same group shouting the message {a} hates cops, and {b} clearly doesn't believe Black Lives Matter, or they'd first turn to their OWN RACE to prevent black on black murders, which is clearly the #1 murder demographic in the country.

Beyond that, the message is divisive: there is no just purpose in elevating the need for black lives to matter above or beyond any other lives - particularly when those lecturing us are so incompetent at protecting their own lives from each other.

You're fogging up your charmed bubble of privilege.

Either black lives matter or they don't. If they matter, it's harmless to acknowledge this fact.

OGIS
07-30-2016, 08:50 PM
An interesting read:

Excellent analysis. the analogy to cancer is spot on... and damning.

OGIS
07-30-2016, 08:51 PM

Either black lives matter or they don't. If thy matter, then it's harmless to acknowledge this fact.

Damn, you're smoking. That's two reputations earned in one thread.

decedent
07-30-2016, 08:53 PM
Damn, you're smoking. That's two reputations earned in one thread.

Brah....

zelmo1234
07-30-2016, 09:59 PM
An interesting read:

OR

It is because BLM is largely based on legal cases where the officers have be proven innocent! and then we have things like these 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTuf8wAtgkA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj4ARsxrZh8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BgFk38Cry4

So you see when you have a group that has Racism at its heart, Then good people tend to oppose it

zelmo1234
07-30-2016, 10:02 PM

Either black lives matter or they don't. If they matter, it's harmless to acknowledge this fact.

It would be harmless to acknowledge the fact, accept for the racism, and the actual targeting of innocent police officers, that are a part of the group are not being sent home packing, but are being embraced by the group. And that is not acceptable.

Peter1469
07-31-2016, 01:07 AM
Obama is a divider, not a uniter.

Truth Detector
07-31-2016, 06:28 AM
An interesting read:

First off the article starts out with a strawman; no one is BOTHERED by it. What BOTHERS us is the false narrative it represents.

Secondly; if we use the inane laughably stupid logic contained in this article, it won't bother blacks, Hispanics and apologist white Liberals if we started a White Lives Matter movement right?

Good lord; nothing dumber than a liberal trying to rationalize their false narratives.

The irony for the liberal left in this country is that in order to promote such moronic nonsense, they first have to agree that Obama has been a failure for almost eight years.

Truth Detector
07-31-2016, 06:29 AM
When surrounded by the white version of thin skinned people who pretend to see all Americans as equals, as long as they are white, it has a way of changing one's thinking...

hanger4
07-31-2016, 06:42 AM

Either 'all lives matter' or they don't.

Subdermal
07-31-2016, 08:30 AM

And how's that, Prog? You mean the "bubble of privilege" I've created by growing up dirt poor, hispanic, and - through hard work, made myself a 1%er?

I can do whatever I want with the bubble that I created for myself, porkchop.

You've highlighted a key difference between hollow feelers, and critical thinkers.

You think it's true because they're saying it. I'll believe it's true when they do it.

Safety
07-31-2016, 09:13 AM
Cool story, bro.

Peter1469
07-31-2016, 09:56 AM
We need to repudiate these attempts to divide us.

Subdermal
07-31-2016, 09:57 AM
Cool story, bro.

So far, that's all the BLM charter is: a story. They obviously do not believe it at all.

decedent
07-31-2016, 01:07 PM
I'm seeing lots of excuses to not admit black lives matter. I guess the Constitution is just a bunch of words to some people.

Peter1469
07-31-2016, 02:30 PM
Dividers need to be tarred and feathered and then run out of town.

hanger4
07-31-2016, 02:30 PM
I'm seeing lots of excuses to not admit black lives matter. I guess the Constitution is just a bunch of words to some people.

No excuses at all, 'all lives matter' reguardless of your failed attempt to race bait.

Subdermal
07-31-2016, 02:34 PM

All I see are excuses for how black lives matter to blacks who kill each other more than any other group.

decedent
07-31-2016, 03:30 PM
More pathetic excuses. Racial oppression needs to be dealt with so that divisions can be healed.

Peter1469
07-31-2016, 03:31 PM
More pathetic excuses. Racial oppression needs to be dealt with so that divisions can be healed.

Tell Obama and Hillary to STFU. That should help.

hanger4
07-31-2016, 04:19 PM

Then why do you divide when 'all lives matter' is all inclusive ??

decedent
07-31-2016, 04:59 PM
Then why do you divide when 'all lives matter' is all inclusive ??

Black people are singled out in the criminal justice system. This includes profiling, more charges, longer sentences, etc.

In short, there's already a division. This could be because some people (guess who?) believe that their lives don't matter.

zelmo1234
07-31-2016, 07:26 PM

I just went back and Read all 4 pages of the constitution?

I can't find where is says that Black lives matter?

So I went to the Declaration. And I found this?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness

And That would seem to me to suggest that ALL lives matter?

Maybe you could point out to the rest of us where Only Black Lives Matter???

zelmo1234
07-31-2016, 07:41 PM
Black people are singled out in the criminal justice system. This includes profiling, more charges, longer sentences, etc.

In short, there's already a division. This could be because some people (guess who?) believe that their lives don't matter.

And when you take into account Prior Records, there is a reasoning for the longer sentences. And when you take into account that while African Americans make up only 13% of the population, they account for 52% of the violent crimes in the USA.

NOW this being said, much of this is not the fault of the Black Communities. Unfortunately, they have been sold a bill of goods by the left that has concentrated their population in Democrat controlled hell holes where they refuse to fix the school systems, Refuse to give the people the dignity of earning a living, and instead seeks to trap them in government programs where they are treated more like Cattle than people.

And notice that Democrats are not proposing anything but more of the same for these communities.

hanger4
07-31-2016, 07:43 PM

"there's already a division." And your answer is to divide even more.

maineman
07-31-2016, 07:55 PM
"there's already a division." And your answer is to divide even more.

and your answer is for them to shuffle off to the back of the bus and be as quiet as they can and not make too much of a ruckus or the PO-lice might come and beat them.... and if they do, they still better be silent if they know what's good for them cuz God knows, they probably had it comin' anyway.

zelmo1234
07-31-2016, 08:14 PM
and your answer is for them to shuffle off to the back of the bus and be as quiet as they can and not make too much of a ruckus or the PO-lice might come and beat them.... and if they do, they still better be silent if they know what's good for them cuz God knows, they probably had it comin' anyway.

No my answer is much different that that of the DNC! You see I believe that all people we created for accomplishment, and engineered for success, in fact we are endowed with seeds of greatness! I heard this for the first time when I was Young and saw Zig Ziglar for the first time. It was one of the things that stuck with me

You see Democrats have spent 5 decades telling the minority community that they are oppressed and telling them that the only thing compassionate that can be done is for then to get on one of the Government programs and exist in the new plantation that the Democrats have created for them

I think that the first and most important thing that we can to is bring hope back to the minority communities, and not the false hope of some fool like Obama, but real hope, found in their own hearts minds and hands.

Democrats are offering NOTHING to the minority communities but more despair

Safety
07-31-2016, 08:37 PM
It's pretty easy for someone, who doesn't have a problem

hanger4
07-31-2016, 08:38 PM

So subscribing to 'all lives matter' is racist ??

You're really scraping hard on the bottom of that race card barrel. Try stepping out of the muck and explain how inclusiveness is now racist.

Boris The Animal
07-31-2016, 09:03 PM
No my answer is much different that that of the DNC! You see I believe that all people we created for accomplishment, and engineered for success, in fact we are endowed with seeds of greatness! I heard this for the first time when I was Young and saw Zig Ziglar for the first time. It was one of the things that stuck with me

You see Democrats have spent 5 decades telling the minority community that they are oppressed and telling them that the only thing compassionate that can be done is for then to get on one of the Government programs and exist in the new plantation that the Democrats have created for them

I think that the first and most important thing that we can to is bring hope back to the minority communities, and not the false hope of some fool like Obama, but real hope, found in their own hearts minds and hands.

Democrats are offering NOTHING to the minority communities but more despair
As Conservative as I am, I subscribe to MLK's goal of judging a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. The Democrat party really is nothing more than false promises with big government programs.

Captain Obvious
07-31-2016, 09:30 PM
As Conservative as I am, I subscribe to MLK's goal of judging a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. The Democrat party really is nothing more than false promises with big government programs.

And yet you label all liberals with contempt.

Yeah, sure...

Boris The Animal
07-31-2016, 09:57 PM

Yeah, sure...Because Liberals, and by extension, Liberalism in the modern sense, have zero to offer as far as character is concerned. This is why they should be labelled as the enemy of America.

decedent
07-31-2016, 10:01 PM
This is why they should be labelled as the enemy of America.

What should we do with them?

Captain Obvious
07-31-2016, 10:02 PM
Because Liberals, and by extension, Liberalism in the modern sense, have zero to offer as far as character is concerned. This is why they should be labelled as the enemy of America.

Keep swinging for the fence corky, you're doing fine.

Boris The Animal
07-31-2016, 10:03 PM
Keep swinging for the fence corky, you're doing fine.
OK, you think Leftism is so hot then riddle me this. What good have our modern Communists done to benefit anyone other than their precious "protected" classes?

Captain Obvious
07-31-2016, 10:04 PM
OK, you think Leftism is so hot then riddle me this. What good have our modern Communists done to benefit anyone other than their precious "protected" classes?

It's beyond you.

Just grip your Ann Coulter doll tightly, everything will be fine.

Boris The Animal
07-31-2016, 10:17 PM
It's beyond you.

Just grip your Ann Coulter doll tightly, everything will be fine.Try again to answer my question, Gomer Pyle

Captain Obvious
07-31-2016, 10:21 PM
Try again to answer my question, Gomer Pyle

No, it's a childish question, I won't humor you with a legit response.

If you think the establishment GOP is "all for the working guy" then you're as gullible as you present yourself to be.

Boris The Animal
07-31-2016, 10:27 PM

If you think the establishment GOP is "all for the working guy" then you're as gullible as you present yourself to be.I've been ripping the Establishment RINO sellouts a new a$$hole for years. Progressivism needs to be eliminated in order for this country to thrive once again.

maineman
07-31-2016, 10:35 PM
I've been ripping the Establishment RINO sellouts a new a$$hole for years. Progressivism needs to be eliminated in order for this country to thrive once again.

at what point in time, way back when, do you thing that we were "thriving"?

Captain Obvious
07-31-2016, 10:51 PM
I've been ripping the Establishment RINO sellouts a new a$$hole for years. Progressivism needs to be eliminated in order for this country to thrive once again.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/a9/a0/eb/a9a0ebdbc1cf59d815dec07fbc101b56.jpg

del
07-31-2016, 11:22 PM
forward, into the past

Boris The Animal
08-01-2016, 05:03 AM
at what point in time, way back when, do you thing that we were "thriving"?Before the 60s Hippie crowd and their brand of Marxism.

maineman
08-01-2016, 06:50 AM
Before the 60s Hippie crowd and their brand of Marxism.

so... back before the civil rights movement?

Mac-7
08-01-2016, 06:54 AM
Before the 60s Hippie crowd and their brand of Marxism.

The baby boomer generation was the one that broke the mold.

they were raised on good moral values

But thanks to drugs and sex during the Vietnam War protest era they rejected the moral teaching that made America great.

their lack of values were passed along to their children and grandchildren with each new generation more clueless than the one before.

maineman
08-01-2016, 07:08 AM
The baby boomer generation was the one that broke the mold.

they were raised on good moral values

But thanks to drugs and sex during the Vietnam War protest era they rejected the moral teaching that made America great.

their lack of values were passed along to their children and grandchildren with each new generation more clueless than the one before.

what generation do YOU fall into Mac?

Mac-7
08-01-2016, 07:31 AM
what generation do YOU fall into Mac?

It does not matter

this is a forum discussion of public issues not your personsl diary

maineman
08-01-2016, 07:35 AM
you're just a teenager, aren't you?

lol

that explains a lot.

Boris The Animal
08-01-2016, 09:26 AM
so... back before the civil rights movement?And the race riots and all the other fun stuff that brought disorder to the US

Captain Obvious
08-01-2016, 09:38 AM
forward, into the past

Boris is a great example as to why democracy failed.

maineman
08-01-2016, 09:40 AM
And the race riots and all the other fun stuff that brought disorder to the US

back when black folks knew their place and just meekly walked to the back of the bus? back when schools were segregated?

yeah.

good times.... good times.

You do realize, don't you, that by the point in time you wish to return to a whole bunch of progressive things had been enacted into our way of life?

women's suffrage, child labor laws, union rights to organize, workplace safety, minimum wage, social security.... so I guess you're cool with all of that.

Mac-7
08-01-2016, 09:40 AM
Boris is a great example as to why democracy failed.

Not that YOU would have anything to do with it, right?

Mac-7
08-01-2016, 09:42 AM
back when black folks knew their place and just meekly walked to the back of the bus? back when schools were segregated?

White people decided that was wrong so they stopped doing it

zelmo1234
08-01-2016, 11:25 AM
at what point in time, way back when, do you thing that we were "thriving"?

I think that the second term of Reagan, Bush 1, and the first 7 Clinton years would be a good dime to look at.

Captain Obvious
08-01-2016, 11:28 AM
Not that YOU would have anything to do with it, right?

My role here is to observe and educate, which I do virtually flawlessly, however many cannot be learned because they are incapable of independent thought.

Such is life.

Mac-7
08-01-2016, 11:32 AM
My role here is to observe and educate, which I do virtually flawlessly, however many cannot be learned because they are incapable of independent thought.

Such is life.

Your role is to sit on the sidelines and consume free porn.

by lurking in the shadows and doing nothing you can avoid blame for anything that goes wrong.

nic34
08-01-2016, 11:33 AM

It's meant to emphasize a group that many of us have taken for granted.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1b/84/40/1b8440fe2c81d9447dbb7edf6fb1e2e2.jpg

Mac-7
08-01-2016, 11:36 AM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1b/84/40/1b8440fe2c81d9447dbb7edf6fb1e2e2.jpg

So forget the goal of a colorblind society and just go whole hog for divisive race politics?

hanger4
08-01-2016, 11:40 AM

How does "emphasize a group" match your meme pic which says "Hear all sides and you will be enlightened". That is 'all lives matter'.

zelmo1234
08-01-2016, 11:51 AM

Yeah, sure...

In his defense, Most liberals if you judge the content of their Character, you will find that the contempt is well deserved.

Not all of them, but a very high percentage.

zelmo1234
08-01-2016, 11:53 AM

If you think the establishment GOP is "all for the working guy" then you're as gullible as you present yourself to be.

Actually, it was worded poorly, but the question is valid.

What policies that have been implemented by the left do you think actually helped the poor, instead of the top 1%

That is a valid Question.

nic34
08-01-2016, 11:53 AM
"Hear all sides and you will be enlightened". .

Good quote, go with it.

zelmo1234
08-01-2016, 11:54 AM
so... back before the civil rights movement?

Nice playing of the Race Card. 10 liberal brownie points.

zelmo1234
08-01-2016, 11:57 AM

yeah.

good times.... good times.

You do realize, don't you, that by the point in time you wish to return to a whole bunch of progressive things had been enacted into our way of life?

women's suffrage, child labor laws, union rights to organize, workplace safety, minimum wage, social security.... so I guess you're cool with all of that.

And he doubles down on the Race Card, an additional 5 liberal brownie points.

I want you to tell me this. and Understand that I believe in the Civil Rights act!

But are the minority families as a group better off, in the three areas that we measure. Family, Finance, and Security. than they were in the 1950's?

And it they are not doing as well as other segments, what should we change so they have equal opportunities

Subdermal
08-01-2016, 12:02 PM

Seems to me that the group which is taken for granted is the group from which money is taken.

The groups you're describing have been given trillions of dollars, and far worse today than before.

hanger4
08-01-2016, 12:02 PM
Good quote, go with it.

I have, 'all lives matter'. Not just black, brown, yellow, red or white.

Tom Foolery
08-02-2016, 08:03 AM
I don't need anecdotal evidence to tell me black lives matter. For me the questions are, what are the laws and behaviors that cause a statistically significant underappreciation of black lives by law enforcement, profiling and quick trigger, and how do we change those laws and behaviors.

Mac-7
08-02-2016, 08:09 AM
I don't need anecdotal evidence to tell me black lives matter. For me the questions are, what are the laws and behaviors that cause a statistically significant underappreciation of black lives by law enforcement, profiling and quick trigger,

and how do we change those laws and behaviors.

Maybe black people could try not committing more than half the crimes which labels them as suspicious characters?

it would take a little time

but if they work at it black people could improve their reputation and live longer happier lives too

Safety
08-02-2016, 08:21 AM
I have, 'all lives matter'. Not just black, brown, yellow, red or white.

Show where someone has said BLM stood for just black lives.

Safety
08-02-2016, 08:24 AM
Maybe black people could try not committing more than half the crimes which labels them as suspicious characters?

it would take a tittle time

but if they work at it black people could improve their reputation and live longer happier lives too

Black people are not committing half of violent crimes, although half of violent crimes are committed by people who are black.

When you understand that nugget of wisdom, you will reach a level of spiritual enlightenment, of which you have never seen.

FindersKeepers
08-02-2016, 08:27 AM
Black people are not committing half of violent crimes, although half of violent crimes are committed by people who are black.

When you understand that nugget of wisdom, you will reach a level of spiritual enlightenment, of which you have never seen.

I see what you did there...

Safety
08-02-2016, 08:33 AM

That position is the same consideration I give everyone...

Mac-7
08-02-2016, 08:43 AM

and you point is that not all black people are criminals?

No one said they are

Safety
08-02-2016, 08:45 AM
and you point is that not all black people are criminals?

No one said they are

It would be the same as saying "maybe white people could try not to be pedophiles". You wouldn't have an issue with that statement?

Mac-7
08-02-2016, 08:47 AM

He wrung out the crying towel and started all over.

yes it must be maddening for honest black people who are looked at suspiciously because other black people are so dangerous.

but they should get mad at the black criminals who gave blacks that reputation not cops and the general public

Mac-7
08-02-2016, 08:49 AM
It would be the same as saying "maybe white people could try not to be pedophiles". You wouldn't have an issue with that statement?

I dont think there is a pattern of that.

but it is commonly accepted that most serial killers are white males of a certain age.

that does not please me but I have to live with it

texan
08-02-2016, 08:56 AM
Black Lives Matter

Now you write:

I am ashamed and apologize for the BLM crowd at the DNC for shouting during a moment of silence.

Just for good measure write Mike Brown was a 2 cent thug and reaped what he sowed.

maineman
08-02-2016, 09:02 AM
Black Lives Matter

Now you write:

I am ashamed and apologize for the BLM crowd at the DNC for shouting during a moment of silence.

Just for good measure write Mike Brown was a 2 cent thug and reaped what he sowed.

I, for one, was ashamed for the BLM crowd at the DNC for shouting toward the end of the moment of silence. I do not have the authority or the responsibility to apologize FOR them, however.

Subdermal
08-02-2016, 09:14 AM
Show where someone has said BLM stood for just black lives.

Yeah.

I'll ask those black KKK members I know.

Subdermal
08-02-2016, 09:22 AM

...says the guy who is attempting to cast cops as villains, based upon the actions of a statistically insignificant number of them.

If your style of distinction was uniformly applied, whole swaths of the liberal activism would disappear.

And when you understand that nuggets of wisdom, you reach a level of spiritual enlightenment which will no longer allow you to be a liberal.

Mac-7
08-02-2016, 09:26 AM
...says the guy who is attempting to cast cops as villains, based upon the actions of a statistically insignificant number of them.

If your style of distinction was uniformly applied, whole swaths of the liberal activism would disappear.

And when you understand that nuggets of wisdom, you reach a level of spiritual enlightenment which will no longer allow you to be a liberal.

So true

Safety
08-02-2016, 09:26 AM
Yeah.

I'll ask those black KKK members I know.

I forgive you because English isn't your first language, but please try harder to understand it.

Safety
08-02-2016, 09:28 AM
So true

Really? Show where I have "cast'd" all cops as villains. Take your time, cause I hope you have a better grasp of the English language than your little buddy has.

Mac-7
08-02-2016, 10:10 AM
Really? Show where I have "cast'd" all cops as villains. Take your time, cause I hope you have a better grasp of the English language than your little buddy has.

Why did you insert the word "all?"

Subdermal didnt say all.

Safety
08-02-2016, 10:29 AM
Why did you insert the word "all?"

Subdermal didnt say all.

Because evidently English is a hindrance to our conversation and wanted to make sure I clarified things on a remedial level.

Subdermal
08-02-2016, 11:38 AM
I forgive you because English isn't your first language, but please try harder to understand it.

I forgive you because thinking isn't your first impulse; hating whitey is.

Safety
08-02-2016, 12:00 PM
I forgive you because thinking isn't your first impulse; hating whitey is.

Who is whitey? Friend of yours?

Subdermal
08-02-2016, 12:01 PM

Must be, since he's no friend of yours.

del
08-02-2016, 12:30 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5u7yZiV3bI

Safety
08-02-2016, 01:16 PM
Must be, since he's no friend of yours.

Tissue?

American Cynic
08-02-2016, 03:26 PM
We know that all lives matter, but do black lives really matter?

Uh, if all lives matter, then black lives matter.

This isn't rocket science.

If I said, "All animals matter," and you follow that up by asking me if gopher lives matter, you're a moron and have zero comprehension.

Truth Detector
08-02-2016, 03:28 PM

If I said, "All animals matter," and you follow that up by asking me if gopher lives matter, you're a moron and have zero comprehension.

^BINGO!! Spot on.

decedent
08-02-2016, 03:54 PM

Then it should be easy for my fellow conservatives to say that black lives matter... yet they can't.

Subdermal
08-02-2016, 04:00 PM
Tissue?

No, I don't have a tissue, sorry. Do you have a bloody nose again?

OGIS
08-02-2016, 04:07 PM

Ah, but what lives matter more? After all, Darkies are Constitutionally only 3/5th of a Human Being.