PDA

View Full Version : Michael jordan: ‘i can no longer stay silent’

Cigar
07-25-2016, 12:59 PM
Source: ESPN

His statement on the shootings of African-Americans and the targeting of police officers

“As a proud American, a father who lost his own dad in a senseless act of violence, and a black man, I have been deeply troubled by the deaths of African-Americans at the hands of law enforcement and angered by the cowardly and hateful targeting and killing of police officers. I grieve with the families who have lost loved ones, as I know their pain all too well.

“I was raised by parents who taught me to love and respect people regardless of their race or background, so I am saddened and frustrated by the divisive rhetoric and racial tensions that seem to be getting worse as of late. I know this country is better than that, and I can no longer stay silent. We need to find solutions that ensure people of color receive fair and equal treatment AND that police officers – who put their lives on the line every day to protect us all – are respected and supported.

Jordan speaks out on shootings of African-Americans, police

“Over the past three decades I have seen up close the dedication of the law enforcement officers who protect me and my family. I have the greatest respect for their sacrifice and service. I also recognize that for many people of color their experiences with law enforcement have been different than mine. I have decided to speak out in the hope that we can come together as Americans, and through peaceful dialogue and education, achieve constructive change.

“To support that effort, I am making contributions of $1 million each to two organizations, the International Association of Chiefs of Police’s newly established Institute for Community-Police Relations and the NAACP Legal Defense Fund.

The Institute for Community-Police Relations’ policy and oversight work is focused on building trust and promoting best practices in community policing. My donation to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, the nation’s oldest civil rights law organization, will support its ongoing work in support of reforms that will build trust and respect between communities and law enforcement. Although I know these contributions alone are not enough to solve the problem, I hope the resources will help both organizations make a positive difference.

“We are privileged to live in the world’s greatest country – a country that has provided my family and me the greatest of opportunities. The problems we face didn’t happen overnight and they won’t be solved tomorrow, but if we all work together, we can foster greater understanding, positive change and create a more peaceful world for ourselves, our children, our families and our communities.”

Read more: http://theundefeated.com/features/michael-jordan-i-can-no-longer-stay-silent/

:applause:

Now it time to turn on Michael ... just wait for it ...

Subdermal
07-25-2016, 01:03 PM
I have no problem with that message.

People like Jordan are not - nor have they ever been - the problem.

Archer0915
07-25-2016, 01:05 PM
Now you see, I can respect that.

Cigar
07-25-2016, 01:10 PM
I have no problem with that message.

People like Jordan are not - nor have they ever been - the problem.

Wow ... I want what you had for lunch :thumbsup20:

Subdermal
07-25-2016, 01:11 PM
Wow ... I want what you had for lunch :thumbsup20:

You aren't paying attention, Cigar. My message never changes. If you'd drop the veil of sickness which is liberalism, you'd see that.

Cigar
07-25-2016, 01:13 PM
You aren't paying attention, Cigar. My message never changes. If you'd drop the veil of sickness which is liberalism, you'd see that.

I don't speak for or repersent anyone but me, only because I can't speak for or repersent anyone but me.

Subdermal
07-25-2016, 01:16 PM
I don't speak for or repersent anyone but me, only because I can't speak for or repersent anyone but me.

Your response is not germane. I'm only speaking about you.

Cigar
07-25-2016, 01:19 PM
Your response is not germane. I'm only speaking about you.

Thank you for the complement, but I'm not Michael Jordan ... and this Thread is about what His Airness said, not Cigar.

silvereyes
07-25-2016, 01:20 PM

Know what saddens me? People who come here ONLY to be obnoxious. You fall into that category.

birddog
07-25-2016, 01:49 PM
Know what saddens me? People who come here ONLY to be obnoxious. You fall into that category.

That's funny coming from you. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Truth Detector
07-25-2016, 01:56 PM

His statement on the shootings of African-Americans and the targeting of police officers

“As a proud American, a father who lost his own dad in a senseless act of violence, and a black man, I have been deeply troubled by the deaths of African-Americans at the hands of law enforcement and angered by the cowardly and hateful targeting and killing of police officers. I grieve with the families who have lost loved ones, as I know their pain all too well.

“I was raised by parents who taught me to love and respect people regardless of their race or background, so I am saddened and frustrated by the divisive rhetoric and racial tensions that seem to be getting worse as of late. I know this country is better than that, and I can no longer stay silent. We need to find solutions that ensure people of color receive fair and equal treatment AND that police officers – who put their lives on the line every day to protect us all – are respected and supported.

“Over the past three decades I have seen up close the dedication of the law enforcement officers who protect me and my family. I have the greatest respect for their sacrifice and service. I also recognize that for many people of color their experiences with law enforcement have been different than mine. I have decided to speak out in the hope that we can come together as Americans, and through peaceful dialogue and education, achieve constructive change.

“To support that effort, I am making contributions of $1 million each to two organizations, the International Association of Chiefs of Police’s newly established Institute for Community-Police Relations and the NAACP Legal Defense Fund.

The Institute for Community-Police Relations’ policy and oversight work is focused on building trust and promoting best practices in community policing. My donation to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, the nation’s oldest civil rights law organization, will support its ongoing work in support of reforms that will build trust and respect between communities and law enforcement. Although I know these contributions alone are not enough to solve the problem, I hope the resources will help both organizations make a positive difference.

“We are privileged to live in the world’s greatest country – a country that has provided my family and me the greatest of opportunities. The problems we face didn’t happen overnight and they won’t be solved tomorrow, but if we all work together, we can foster greater understanding, positive change and create a more peaceful world for ourselves, our children, our families and our communities.”

Read more: http://theundefeated.com/features/michael-jordan-i-can-no-longer-stay-silent/

Fair and equal treatment is easily obtained if you follow this video's simple rules:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEvMc-K8XHY

Truth Detector
07-25-2016, 01:57 PM

They define irony. :biglaugh:

jimmyz
07-25-2016, 02:43 PM
Meh... his accountant emailed Jordan that he needed 2 million dollars more donated to charity so he could complete his 2015 extended tax return. That is all. The feel-gooders can calm down their fast beating hearts now.

Cigar
07-25-2016, 02:53 PM
Fair and equal treatment is easily obtained if you follow this video's simple rules:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEvMc-K8XHY

Chris Rock wasn't born when I was born, nor was he around when my Father and Grandfather was born. Also, I've never seen Chris cruising the neighborhood I was born in, and if I'm not mistaken, Chris had the pleasure of growing up in a Diverse environment in Brooklyn NY.

So to be honest, I'm not quite ready to take advice from him yet, but you go right ahead.

Truth Detector
07-25-2016, 02:56 PM
Chris Rock wasn't born when I was born, nor was he around when my Father and Grandfather was born. Also, I've never seen Chris cruising the neighborhood I was born in, and if I'm not mistaken, Chris had the pleasure of growing up in a Diverse environment in Brooklyn NY.

Chris has more brains than you and the cabal of dimwitted race hustling leftists on this forum combined. His message is simple; and yet, morons still find it impossible to comprehend.

So to be honest,

That nearly busted my gut!!! :rofl:

I'm not quite ready to take advice from him yet, but you go right ahead.

Of course you aren't; you would first have to have a brain and a modicum of intelligence. :biglaugh:

Mac-7
07-25-2016, 03:19 PM

So to be honest, I'm not quite ready to take advice from him yet, but you go right ahead.

How many cops have you beaten the crap out of?

And did all the other cops leave you alone after that?

donttread
07-25-2016, 03:20 PM

Smart guy and I'm betting none of his money is going to organizations with terrorist links, but rather to those he thinks might actually make things better.

Subdermal
07-25-2016, 03:47 PM
Thank you for the complement, but I'm not Michael Jordan ... and this Thread is about what His Airness said, not Cigar.

:facepalm:

What I said to you wasn't a compliment. It was a statement meant to get you to realize that my statement isn't anything to be surprised about because it isn't anything different than anything I've ever written.

Of course it's also about what you said. You expressed shock at my response, and - if you were really paying attention to what I've said - you shouldn't have been.

Subdermal
07-25-2016, 03:48 PM

Oh fuck off, bulldyke. You say nearly nothing of value in this forum, including that typical response.

Cigar
07-25-2016, 04:07 PM
Oh fuck off, bulldyke. You say nearly nothing of value in this forum, including that typical response.

You my want to join the other two Forum B!thes in the other Thread I created. :laugh:

donttread
07-25-2016, 05:27 PM
You my want to join the other two Forum B!thes in the other Thread I created. :laugh:

Slow down folks and give us time to absorb the intellctual value of your back and forth.

Dr. Who
07-25-2016, 08:09 PM
Subdermal has been thread banned for violations of rules 1, 4 & 5 in post #19, please do not respond to this member's posts.

silvereyes
07-25-2016, 11:15 PM

Awwww, trinns "suck up to me" time slot being done by someone else tonight?