PDA

View Full Version : tPF Clinton ‘in for a shock’ if she ignores ‘anti-establishment’ voters

Chris
07-25-2016, 07:05 PM
Is he right, have politics realigned from left v right to establishment v anti-establishment? Is shifting to the middle now mistaken, for shifting to anti-establishment? Halfway through he shifts to authoritarian to democratic, as if Sanders was not equally authoritarian--but he muddies the clarity with that. Can an establishment/authoritarian 0.1%er bought and paid for by corporate America Clinton flip flop into an anti-establishment type?

Robert Reich: Clinton ‘in for a shock’ if she ignores ‘anti-establishment’ voters (https://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/robert-reich-clinton-in-for-a-shock-if-she-ignores-anti-establishment-voters/)

Does Hillary Clinton understand that the biggest divide in American politics is no longer between the right and the left, but between the anti-establishment and the establishment?

I worry she doesn’t – at least not yet.

...In fairness, Hillary is only doing what she knows best. Moving to the putative center is what Bill Clinton did after the Democrats lost the House and Senate in 1994 – signing legislation on welfare reform, crime, trade, and financial deregulation that enabled him to win reelection in 1996 and declare “the era of big government” over.

...The most powerful force in American politics today is anti-establishment fury at a system rigged by big corporations, Wall Street, and the super-wealthy.

...There are no longer “moderates.” There’s no longer a “center.” There’s authoritarian populism (Trump) or democratic populism (which had been Bernie’s “political revolution,” and is now up for grabs).

...She must make clear Donald Trump’s authoritarian populism is a dangerous gambit, and the best way to end crony capitalism and make America work for the many is to strengthen American democracy.

Common
07-25-2016, 07:12 PM
Chris with my limited knowledge I have a view on all this.

Both parties neglected or took for granted the entire middleclass working class. Obama certainly ignored them for a full 8 yrs, not even a mention, they were not part of his focus. It was the GOPS ignoring the middleclass for the rich that gave us 8 yrs of Obama.

I will speak for trump supporters, they are clearly mostly anti establishment voters. Bernie voters it remains to be seen.
70% of this country believes the country is going in the wrong direction. Who are they speaking of and too.
Obama and his admin first and foremost he has set the direction for the last 8 yrs.

Germany and Britain has brought to light the failed policies cursing those two countries that we can see being done or attempting to be done here.

Cigar
07-25-2016, 07:12 PM
Fact is; Bernie Sanders got 90% of what he wanted ... Hillary is Happy, Bernie should be happy, and if his supporters or anyone else thinks they can get a better deal somewhere else ... then Vote for them.

BTW ... what did 2nd or 15th runner-up in the Republican Primary get from Donald Trump?

Peter1469
07-25-2016, 07:15 PM
I have been discussing that shift their entire election cycle.

Common
07-25-2016, 07:17 PM
Fact is; Bernie Sanders got 90% of what he wanted ... Hillary is Happy, Bernie should be happy, and if his supporters or anyone else thinks they can get a better deal somewhere else ... then Vote for them.

BTW ... what did 2nd or 15th runner-up in the Republican Primary get from Donald Trump?

Heres a fact you wont like, not all white democrats are crazy about BLM the panthers and cops being murdered.

I realize you and the far left like to paint a rosey picture of all democrats fully supporting that racist garbage but you are dead wrong

Cigar
07-25-2016, 07:18 PM
Heres a fact you wont like, not all white democrats are crazy about BLM the panthers and cops being murdered.

I realize you and the far left like to paint a rosey picture of all democrats fully supporting that racist garbage but you are dead wrong

:huh: Did someone just change the topic of the Thread?

Subdermal
07-25-2016, 07:31 PM
:huh: Did someone just change the topic of the Thread?

Yes. Common did: from fiction, to non-fiction.