PDA

View Full Version : Union endorsements are going to Republicans

Common
07-26-2016, 07:19 AM
This was unheard of 10 yrs ago, exspecially in Ohio. All Unions have always endorsed democrats.

Police Fire and Unions were traditionlly Democrats. You can trust the dems cannot depend on their votes any more and their families.

This is another prediction I made that is starting to come to pass. That unions were going to start endorising Republicans, because not only has obama ignored them completely, but he forced another bad Trade Deal down their throats like clinton did with Nafta.

You can believe Hillary will get far less Union votes than Obama did and even less than bush did.

The Ohio Conference of Teamsters union endorsed Republican Sen. Rob Portman over former governor Ted Strickland (http://cin.ci/2amgiPQ), a Democrat who had won its support in previous elections.The union, which represents more than 50,000 members across Ohio and nearly always supports Democrats, had endorsed Strickland in 2006 and 2010. But in the tight 2016 Senate race, they chose his competitor, Portman.
"Rob is fighting for middle-class jobs and higher wages for the people of Ohio, and he has fought with us to protect our pensions," said Pat Darrow, president of the Ohio Conference of Teamsters, in a statement. Portman authored legislation to protect the pensions of retired workers without some negotiation.
The endorsement comes after Portman won the support of the United Mine Workers of America in June.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/07/25/teamsters-union-rob-portman-ohio-senate/87554296/

Cigar
07-26-2016, 07:23 AM
:grin: Nervous Twitch

Mac-7
07-26-2016, 07:24 AM
Its the donald trump influence

Adelaide
07-26-2016, 07:28 AM
This was unheard of 10 yrs ago, exspecially in Ohio. All Unions have always endorsed democrats.

Police Fire and Unions were traditionlly Democrats. You can trust the dems cannot depend on their votes any more and their families.

This is another prediction I made that is starting to come to pass. That unions were going to start endorising Republicans, because not only has obama ignored them completely, but he forced another bad Trade Deal down their throats like clinton did with Nafta.

You can believe Hillary will get far less Union votes than Obama did and even less than bush did.

The Ohio Conference of Teamsters union endorsed Republican Sen. Rob Portman over former governor Ted Strickland (http://cin.ci/2amgiPQ), a Democrat who had won its support in previous elections.The union, which represents more than 50,000 members across Ohio and nearly always supports Democrats, had endorsed Strickland in 2006 and 2010. But in the tight 2016 Senate race, they chose his competitor, Portman.
"Rob is fighting for middle-class jobs and higher wages for the people of Ohio, and he has fought with us to protect our pensions," said Pat Darrow, president of the Ohio Conference of Teamsters, in a statement. Portman authored legislation to protect the pensions of retired workers without some negotiation.
The endorsement comes after Portman won the support of the United Mine Workers of America in June.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/07/25/teamsters-union-rob-portman-ohio-senate/87554296/

That is a more local contest. I still think that at the end of the day, unions will throw their support behind Clinton.

AeonPax
07-26-2016, 07:31 AM
`
`
This says a lot about Hillary Clinton. As the Republicans have always been less than civilized when dealing with unions and their members, so much is she loathed by the rank and file, they are breaking with their leadership. and supporting some Republicans over Hillary. Crazy, eh?

nathanbforrest45
07-26-2016, 07:37 AM
By "less than civilized" do you mean the Republicans didn't give in to their every demand? Are union members so stupid they cannot see their jobs going away thanks to policies belonging to Democrats? Do you think the United Mine Workers are getting the warm fuzzies when Obama says he is going to put the coal industry out of business?

exotix
07-26-2016, 07:39 AM
Has Scott Walker and the Kochs confirmed this ? ... LOL

Mac-7
07-26-2016, 07:39 AM
By "less than civilized" do you mean the Republicans didn't give in to their every demand? Are union members so stupid they cannot see their jobs going away thanks to policies belonging to Democrats? Do you think the United Mine Workers are getting the warm fuzzies when Obama says he is going to put the coal industry out of business?

What aeon means is that we passed right to work laws that allow workers a choice to join the union or not

nathanbforrest45
07-26-2016, 07:59 AM
What aeon means is that we passed right to work laws that allow workers a choice to join the union or not

How uncivilized of us. What tyrants the Republicans are.

nathanbforrest45
07-26-2016, 08:00 AM
Has Scott Walker and the Kochs confirmed this ? ... LOL

Did your mother have any children that lived?

bajisima
07-26-2016, 08:32 AM
That is a more local contest. I still think that at the end of the day, unions will throw their support behind Clinton.

Leaders will, many members wont. A lot of blue collar workers are swinging back to the GOP. They don't like being called low information voters.

Chris
07-26-2016, 08:37 AM

Get on topic or find one you can contribute to.

Common
07-26-2016, 08:46 AM

I think you are wrong, just because a union endorses a candidate doe NOT mean the rank and file votes that way.
Endorsements are all show. Middle class voters will not vote for hillary

Peter1469
07-26-2016, 05:32 PM
US unions could learn from German unions: the health of the company is important for the workers.

Subdermal
07-26-2016, 05:34 PM

^That.

And it isn't an isolated phenomenon. Unions are losing their grip on their membership, and - as a result - Democrats are losing their grip on Unions.

Oboe
07-26-2016, 05:36 PM

They are not stupid.

AZ Jim
07-26-2016, 06:08 PM
I think you are wrong, just because a union endorses a candidate doe NOT mean the rank and file votes that way.
Endorsements are all show. Middle class voters will not vote for hillaryJust watch them.

zelmo1234
07-26-2016, 06:18 PM
Well certainly the Union Bosses will want to endorse Hillary because they have bought and paid for her.

The Police Unions will not be support Clinton as the Democrats rejoice when they are hunted down, pass laws that make their jobs harder, and accuse them of murder every time they shoot a black person.

Manufacturing workers, and those forced into 2 and 3 part time jobs because of the ACA and outsourcing, will not be voting for Hillary

She is going to have a hard time in the Rust Belt. All of the Rust belt states that are being lead by GOP Gov's are starting to turn things around, the people in those states are starting to wake up.

Peter1469
07-26-2016, 06:23 PM
The CBP union was the first to endorse him.

The wall will be huge.

Mini Me
07-26-2016, 06:37 PM
This is strictly a local phenomena. State Rethugs are more in tune with the needs of their voters than are the national Rethugs.

I vote for Rethugs on the State level, here in CAL, but never on the National level.

They are usually ranchers and farmers or business owners who have a stake in what happens.
And the Dems just spout enviro wacko crap!

sachem
07-26-2016, 06:42 PM
People, who make up union membership, vote how they want. Doesn't matter who the big wigs endorse.

gamewell45
07-26-2016, 07:29 PM

Doesn't mean their membership is going to vote what the national union recommends. Contrary to popular belief, their members have a mind of their own and are able to make their own decisions without being mandated to vote for a certain candidate. :)

Mac-7
07-26-2016, 09:14 PM
Doesn't mean their membership is going to vote what the national union recommends. Contrary to popular belief, their members have a mind of their own and are able to make their own decisions without being mandated to vote for a certain candidate. :)

Union leaders remind me of establishment republican politicians in Washington

both are out of touch with their membership.

many union members were probably going to vote trump anyway.

so the party bosses are just catching up with the rank in file