PDA

View Full Version : tPF The DNC Speeches

Green Arrow
07-26-2016, 02:03 PM
Post your favorite DNC speeches here, or rational and intelligent critiques of the DNC speeches here.

Trolls need not apply.

I'm only really interested in a handful of the speeches. So far, I've listened to Michele Obama's speech and Cory Booker's speech, and I liked both. I thought Mrs. Obama was very well-spoken. She tried to humanize Hillary by talking about her experiences as a mother.

Booker's speech I liked the most so far. It was very uplifting and encouraging. If we all followed his mindset we'd be in a better place.

exotix
07-26-2016, 02:13 PM
Michelle Obama ... who thrashed Trump without mentioning his name.

Cigar
07-26-2016, 02:16 PM
I like Michelle because she made the point for Bernie supporters to get on board and she personalized her journey.

Actually I don't see her bash anyone, she just told it like it is.

zelmo1234
07-26-2016, 02:17 PM
I thought this was interesting. Mrs. Obama is a great speaker and I think that she did a really good job, But I thought her attack was a little weird?

Because she, herself is guilty of not believing in the USA

Last night!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1YuT1cooLY

Just 8 years ago?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYY73RO_egw

Just an interesting thought, but I think that she was the first one that should practice what she is preaching.

Common
07-26-2016, 02:24 PM
I didnt listen to any RNC speechs nor any DNC. They always all sound the same to me and have the same content

Cigar
07-26-2016, 02:26 PM
I thought this was interesting. Mrs. Obama is a great speaker and I think that she did a really good job, But I thought her attack was a little weird?

Because she, herself is guilty of not believing in the USA

Last night!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1YuT1cooLY

Just 8 years ago?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYY73RO_egw

Just an interesting thought, but I think that she was the first one that should practice what she is preaching.

I remember that ... I know what when means, as a Black Person. Mohamed Ali had the same feelings ... most Black People have those feelings when "wrong" is done to them. I have those feelings ever time an Unarmed Black Man who's Running away, gets shot in the Back.

It's a common feeling among Black People, you may or may not understand.

Cigar
07-26-2016, 02:26 PM
I didnt listen to any RNC speechs nor any DNC. They always all sound the same to me and have the same content

Then this Thread is not for you.

Ethereal
07-26-2016, 02:27 PM
I didn't listen to any DNC or RNC speeches. If I want to listen to lies and bullshit, I'll just come here.

zelmo1234
07-26-2016, 02:30 PM
I remember that ... I know what when means, as a Black Person. Mohamed Ali had the same feelings ... most Black People have those feelings when "wrong" is done to them. I have those feelings ever time an Unarmed Black Man who's Running away, gets shot in the Back.

It's a common feeling among Black People, you may or may not understand.

So why is it any different for a White person to think that the country is heading in the wrong direction too?

Clearly she has changed her mind in the past 8 years. Now when people look a wages, worker participation, The partime job vs Full time employment, Illegal immigration run wild.

They want the same change that Mrs. Obama wanted 8 years ago.

As for those young black men shot in the back, I too am glad that the SC officer was convicted. He clearly murdered that young man.

Green Arrow
07-26-2016, 02:32 PM
I didn't listen to any DNC or RNC speeches. If I want to listen to lies and bullshit, I'll just come here.

I'm too much of a politico not to listen to them.

Common
07-26-2016, 02:33 PM
Then this Thread is not for you.

Any thread is for me If I want it to be

Common
07-26-2016, 02:33 PM

Uhoh cigar is going to tell you this thread isnt for you.

maineman
07-26-2016, 02:34 PM
Post your favorite DNC speeches here, or rational and intelligent critiques of the DNC speeches here.

Trolls need not apply.

I'm only really interested in a handful of the speeches. So far, I've listened to Michele Obama's speech and Cory Booker's speech, and I liked both. I thought Mrs. Obama was very well-spoken. She tried to humanize Hillary by talking about her experiences as a mother.

Booker's speech I liked the most so far. It was very uplifting and encouraging. If we all followed his mindset we'd be in a better place.

I agree with you GA.... Cory and Michelle were my favorites as well.

Subdermal
07-26-2016, 02:44 PM

I am too, but I've missed most of the DNC speeches. I caught one from what the MSM captions called an "undocumented immigrant".

Undocumented immigrant? How about ILLEGAL ALIEN. Now here's the thing: her parents obviously came here for the right reasons. She, subsequently, got a college education (some University in Nevada, IIRC).

But why - 22 years later - is she still undocumented? That's the message that the DNC wants to represent?

I'd say the mindset of the nation isn't going to react well to that, despite her being a fine person - the fact that she's chosen to be a Democrat notwithstanding.

The rest of the speeches I've nearly entirely avoided. I viscerally react to social justice pleas. I detest the notion of a burgeoning Government replete with special pleading for even more protected classes and division.

And I particularly despise the subtle underlying message: global is more important than national.

And that's what I hear when I hear Dems speak.

Ethereal
07-26-2016, 02:55 PM

Understandable.

But when I listen, all I hear is "blah-blah-blah".

Cigar
07-26-2016, 02:58 PM
So why is it any different for a White person to think that the country is heading in the wrong direction too?

Clearly she has changed her mind in the past 8 years. Now when people look a wages, worker participation, The partime job vs Full time employment, Illegal immigration run wild.

They want the same change that Mrs. Obama wanted 8 years ago.

As for those young black men shot in the back, I too am glad that the SC officer was convicted. He clearly murdered that young man.

I don't know, it that true ...?

My wife is Porto Rican, and even she get embarrassed and ashamed at how this country treats it's people for time to time. This doesn't mean you HATE America, you're just genuinely ashamed and discussed when you believe it's people deserve better.

Green Arrow
07-26-2016, 02:59 PM
I am too, but I've missed most of the DNC speeches. I caught one from what the MSM captions called an "undocumented immigrant".

I wanted to watch at least the first night on C-Span like I did the RNC, but I didn't get off until 5 PM (an hour after the DNC started) and had to go straight to my dad's dealership to get my new car. Old one finally died for good Saturday. Ended up not getting home until it was too late to watch anything. I had today off, so I've been going through the ones I was interested in on YouTube.

Undocumented immigrant? How about ILLEGAL ALIEN. Now here's the thing: her parents obviously came here for the right reasons. She, subsequently, got a college education (some University in Nevada, IIRC).

But why - 22 years later - is she still undocumented? That's the message that the DNC wants to represent?

I'd say the mindset of the nation isn't going to react well to that, despite her being a fine person - the fact that she's chosen to be a Democrat notwithstanding.

The trouble with Democrats (speaking here of the politicians and organizers, not the individuals) is that they are not particularly concerned with the specifics, they just want to do whatever enhances their electoral chances. Right now, enough Americans seem sympathetic to illegal immigrants and their stories for the Democrats to try to tap into that, particularly with a candidate like Trump on the other side who is the exact opposite and projects a strong, anti-illegal immigrant message.

The trouble for them is they should have gone with an illegal immigrant that actually earned their citizenship, or at least tried. Going with this girl that has been in this country illegally for twenty-two years just sets them up for the GOP to turn their message against them with the very question you asked - why is she still undocumented?

And if I were a GOP strategist, I'd be asking that question on every single one of the major networks and talk shows.