PDA

View Full Version : Bernie Sanders Backers March Against Hillary Clinton in Philadelphia

Professor Peabody
07-28-2016, 01:03 AM
Bernie Sanders Backers March Against Hillary Clinton in Philadelphia

By TRIP GABRIEL JULY 24, 2016

PHILADELPHIA — A large, impassioned crowd of Bernie Sanders supporters — chanting “Hell, no, D.N.C., we won’t vote for Hillary” — marched on Sunday afternoon to the site of the Democratic National Convention, promising a week in which the party’s divisions will be on vivid display in the streets.

More than 1,000 people from as far as Seattle and Florida participated in the first of what are expected to be many Sanders rallies during the convention, which formally begins Monday. The march, led by a banner proclaiming “Help End Establishment Politics, Vote No on Hillary,” was far larger than any of the protest marches last week in Cleveland at the Republican National Convention.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/25/us/politics/protests-convention-bernie-sanders-philadelphia.html?_r=0

Hillary has a real problem with young people, "22 percent say they’ll vote for Trump, while 18 percent favor Libertarian Gary Johnson" (http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-06-22/nearly-half-of-sanders-supporters-won-t-support-clinton)

45% of 13 million is about 5.8 million....Trump would get 1.2 million of Hillary's voters, Libertarian Gary Johnson would get a little over 1 million of Hillary's voters leaving about 3.5 million voters to vote for Jill Stein of simply stay home. I simply can't see any way to repair that bridge the DNC eMails blew up. What they did to Bernie was tantamount to a face slapping to every Bernie supporter who volunteered and more importantly donate to Bernie's campaign when they didn't know the outcome appears to be rigged.

I have a strong feeling come November 9, 2016 the Democrats will be muttering.....we shoulda went with Biden.

Common
07-28-2016, 05:30 AM
Bernie Sanders supporters apparently arent just angry their Candidate didnt win. What they are deeply offended and angry over is the way he was treated and the dirty behind the scenes deals to deny him the nomination. It should be apparent to eveyone that the wounds are deep.

Up until two weeks before the DNC convention I thought Bernie voters would capitulate at his behest and support hillary. Its apparent I was wrong. I think in the end many will vote hillary but some will not.

donttread
07-28-2016, 07:31 AM
Hillary has a real problem with young people, "22 percent say they’ll vote for Trump, while 18 percent favor Libertarian Gary Johnson" (http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-06-22/nearly-half-of-sanders-supporters-won-t-support-clinton)

45% of 13 million is about 5.8 million....Trump would get 1.2 million of Hillary's voters, Libertarian Gary Johnson would get a little over 1 million of Hillary's voters leaving about 3.5 million voters to vote for Jill Stein of simply stay home. I simply can't see any way to repair that bridge the DNC eMails blew up. What they did to Bernie was tantamount to a face slapping to every Bernie supporter who volunteered and more importantly donate to Bernie's campaign when they didn't know the outcome appears to be rigged.

I have a strong feeling come November 9, 2016 the Democrats will be muttering.....we shoulda went with Biden.

Our vigilance must now turn to preventing the donkephant from "erasing" half of the third party votes to minimize the momentum such parties are trying to gather.

Truth Detector
07-28-2016, 07:34 AM
Bernie is a sellout to all those who supported him; I think most will just stay home.....which helps Trump.

Professor Peabody
07-28-2016, 02:07 PM
Bernie is a sellout to all those who supported him; I think most will just stay home.....which helps Trump.

45% of 13 million voters is 5.8 voters not voting for Hillary.

Common Sense
07-28-2016, 02:09 PM
22 plus 18 is 40, not 45.

nathanbforrest45
07-28-2016, 02:13 PM
22 plus 18 is 40, not 45.

Ok, so that's 5.2 million instead of 5.8 million. Still a bunch in my opinion.

AZ Jim
07-28-2016, 03:08 PM
First of all those marching did so on the 24th, most have gotten over their disappointment. You will see most voting for Hillary, wait and see.

texan
07-28-2016, 03:11 PM
Ok Jim I will hold my breath.

To coin a phrase, is this what's posted when you got nothing?

Professor Peabody
07-29-2016, 04:03 AM
22 plus 18 is 40, not 45. If you read the article Jill Stein is expected to get 5%.

Professor Peabody
07-29-2016, 04:04 AM
Ok, so that's 5.2 million instead of 5.8 million. Still a bunch in my opinion.

If he would read the article Jill Stein is expected to get 5%.

Professor Peabody
07-29-2016, 02:47 PM

Most of them were young and it take a lot to get them out to vote in the first place.