PDA

View Full Version : The Great Debate

Cedric
10-01-2012, 06:58 AM
Wednesday of this week Obama and Romney square off in the first of a series of debates that will take up the entire month of October. This first one is automatically a Great Debate by default.

Most of September was consumed by a non-stop media frenzy against Mitt Romney that resulted in Barack Obama rising in most polls so that he's realistically probably a couple of percentage points ahead of Mitt Romney, but more to the point the one-sided frenzy resulted in most citizens now thinking that Obama is destined to win the election. So if Romney does not reset expectations to some extent in this first debate then the national expectation for Obama will only grow larger as a result.

It's not a do or die moment in time for Romney, but it does mean that he'd better hit all those points in a crisp manner redolent of competence and a leadership persona. Obama? Not so much. All he has to do is not stumble and fall flat on his face while walking to the lectern on Wednesday night, because he already is the president.

Don't ask me how Romney will do. Obviously the bulk of the nation's media will tear into him in post debate analysis and claim that he did poorly no matter how the rest of the nation saw him perform, but there's the rub. People are only so willing to trust the talking heads and corrupt journalists over what they actually witnessed themselves.

So to a certain extent, yes, Romney can reset this contest after a month of unfair treatment from the press. But he can't just go through the motions on Wednesday. He has to legitimately perform up to credible expectations. This is the first time in a month of persecution by the media that Romney's fate returns to his own hands. It's up to him not to bobble the hand-off.

Him handling this in a crisp and professional manner would be a welcome change after watching him spend this past month doing his impression of road kill. Meh . . . but we will see what we see.

Stuck_In_California
10-01-2012, 07:42 AM
Who are the two people Obama has debated on a national stage?

Hillary Clinton, who snivelled to the press about Obama getting all the first questions,
and McCain, who could not debate his way out of a wet paper bag.

Obama has never really debated anyone. This should be an interesting event.

Romney had just better not be Mr. Nice Guy. He needs to be the Romney that slapped down Santorum.

Goldie Locks
10-01-2012, 07:55 AM
We'll see, but I do have my doubts. I think the Political establishment wanted Romney for exactly that reason...he won't be hard hitting, he's to nice a guy, doesn't have it in him. Crap, he could have bombarded Ubama on his record all day, everyday and he's yet to do it.

Cedric
10-01-2012, 08:06 AM
Who are the two people Obama has debated on a national stage?

Hillary Clinton, who snivelled to the press about Obama getting all the first questions,
and McCain, who could not debate his way out of a wet paper bag.

Obama has never really debated anyone. This should be an interesting event.

Romney had just better not be Mr. Nice Guy. He needs to be the Romney that slapped down Santorum.

Absolutely. Romney cannot possibly take the 'good guy' slot since the press will not allow Obama to stumble out of that category. So Romney has to assume the competent but tough and unyeilding slot that Obama has never occupied anyway. That Romeny can sort of fit into it is not the problem. Romney fitting into it and then resolutely staying there as the media goes into another week long frenzy and spin for Obama and against Romney, is the problem. Romney simply cannot afford to waffle.

Cedric
10-01-2012, 08:13 AM
We'll see, but I do have my doubts. I think the Political establishment wanted Romney for exactly that reason...he won't be hard hitting, he's to nice a guy, doesn't have it in him. Crap, he could have bombarded Ubama on his record all day, everyday and he's yet to do it.

The end game has always been to win over the hearts and minds of waffling Centrists. Both Obama and Romney have to grab hold of those critical independents and not let go of them, and in order to do that both candidates must come across to those people as some version of calm and reasonable. You can have a hard edge, but it must be one based on the sort of logic that the uncommitted understand and not the logic that committed leftwingers or rightwingers understand.

Romney has all the charisma of a wet paper bag but despite everything the media can do to paint him as a foam at the brain pan radical, the public isn't buying it. The public would have bought into that scenario, however, with either a Rick Santorum or Newt Gingrich as the presidential contender. I don't like Romney. But what's important is that those independents like or at least trust him more than they like or trust Obama.

MMC
10-01-2012, 08:30 AM

Which he should be doing now over us Getting hit on 911.....over security of People and Property. Why isnt Romney going after Rice's and Clinton's Remarks. Obama's Statements. He should be tearing into Obama about reducing the military and placing our National Security in Jeopardy.

That the Obama's overseas Policy has not changed anything and has put the US in a Worse position. Not only with our enemies but our own Allies. That he has backed away from other Leaders. OUR FLAGS have been burned. Our People Murdered! Our Property taken. Our Troops are being Shot in the back and killed by a supposed Ally and that Obama is committing us to be there for another 10 years.

That Iraq has fallen off into Sectarian Violence. That We are putting our nose in Syria. That Pakistan does what they want with us and even has Ministers and Trade Associations putting Bounties on US Citizens heads.

That Obama touted transparency and we have NONE!

Not only does Clinton and Rice need to be Called to Congree. But So to this President. He must answer to the American people over these things.

Larry Dickman
10-01-2012, 08:35 AM
I think Mitt will do just fine. He's been through the mill in debates and is quite skilled a debater.

Cedric
10-01-2012, 08:54 AM
I think Mitt will do just fine. He's been through the mill in debates and is quite skilled a debater.

Hopefully so. He certainly handled Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich. Obama should present no real difficulties for him. The only problem being that two-thirds [or thereabouts] of the nation's media outlets are vigorously campaigning for Obama and they are going to be producing the post debate reviews that most citizens will be reading.

To alter an old saying, "It's difficult to place a foot right when the media is campaigning for your opposition."

coolwalker
10-01-2012, 09:02 AM
After pondering the debate(s) I believe fully that we should let Romney be Romney and the chips will fall where they may. No matter if he wipes the follor with Obama, the press will downplay it. They won't bring up one point on how badly this administration has done across the board. To them all that will be importand is a figure...47%. The press controls everything, specially the minds of dumb sheep who follow a flock blindly...even over a cliff. With so many Arabs wanting Obama to stay in office should be a red flag to the sheep, but doubtful it will.

Goldie Locks
10-01-2012, 09:13 AM
The other problem for Romney in the debates will of course be the moderators, which will be totally skewed toward Ubama.

Cedric
10-01-2012, 09:20 AM
After pondering the debate(s) I believe fully that we should let Romney be Romney and the chips will fall where they may. No matter if he wipes the follor with Obama, the press will downplay it. They won't bring up one point on how badly this administration has done across the board. To them all that will be importand is a figure...47%. The press controls everything, specially the minds of dumb sheep who follow a flock blindly...even over a cliff. With so many Arabs wanting Obama to stay in office should be a red flag to the sheep, but doubtful it will.

Definitely Romney needs to pull up his socks and he needs to have both his running mate and his political staffers follow his lead and not wander about the political landscape going off script all the damn time. Sheesh!

That aside you are correct. Whatever there is to Romney as a politician and a potential leader of the free world needs to be boldly displayed Wednesday night and Romney needs to stick to it after the fact. There is no possibility of him winning over two-thirds of this nation's media outlets and so that should not be his goal in any way whatsoever. He needs to speak to the nation Wednesday and continue doing so regardless of the responses of the 'in the tank for Obama' media.

Cedric
10-01-2012, 09:23 AM
The other problem for Romney in the debates will of course be the moderators, which will be totally skewed toward Ubama.

Well naturally, but since Romney just came off a grueling debate schedule he should not have any trouble taking any question handed to him and promptly spinning it around to be to his political advantage. No presidential candidate is forced to play the debate moderator's game. Unless the moderator is going to end the night's events prematurely there's nothing that he can do when a contender goes debate rogue on the question.

MMC
10-01-2012, 09:25 AM

Who are the Moderators.....GL?

Goldie Locks
10-01-2012, 09:34 AM
Who are the Moderators.....GL?

http://www.debates.org/index.php?page=2012-2

2012 Presidential and Vice Presidential DebatesAll debates will take place from 9:00-10:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
First presidential debate:
Wednesday, October 3
University of Denver, Denver, CO
Moderator: Jim Lehrer (http://www.pbs.org/newshour/aboutus/bio_lehrer.html), Executive Editor of the PBS NewsHour

Vice presidential debate:
Thursday, October 11
Centre College, Danville, KY
Moderator: Martha Raddatz (http://abcnews.go.com/News/martha-raddatz-abc-news-official-biography/story?id=127431), Senior Foreign Affairs Correspondent, ABC News

Second presidential debate (town meeting format):
Tuesday, October 16
Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY
Moderator: Candy Crowley (http://www.cnn.com/CNN/anchors_reporters/crowley.candy.html), Chief Political Correspondent, CNN and Anchor, CNN's State of the Union

Third presidential debate:
Monday, October22
Lynn University, Boca Raton, FL
Moderator: Bob Schieffer (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-500500_162-530179.html?tag=cbsnewsMainColumnArea;cbsnewsMainC olumnArea.2), Chief Washington Correspondent, CBS News and Moderator, Face the Nation

MMC
10-01-2012, 09:47 AM
So Lehrer at least is up First.....Romney will definately need to make the Move on Opening Night then. Crowley and Raddatz are Obamabots.

Goldie Locks
10-01-2012, 09:50 AM
Of course both candidates will know what the questions are before hand.

Cedric
10-01-2012, 09:51 AM
http://www.debates.org/index.php?page=2012-2

2012 Presidential and Vice Presidential Debates

All debates will take place from 9:00-10:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
First presidential debate:
Wednesday, October 3
University of Denver, Denver, CO
Moderator: Jim Lehrer (http://www.pbs.org/newshour/aboutus/bio_lehrer.html), Executive Editor of the PBS NewsHour

Vice presidential debate:
Thursday, October 11
Centre College, Danville, KY
Moderator: Martha Raddatz (http://abcnews.go.com/News/martha-raddatz-abc-news-official-biography/story?id=127431), Senior Foreign Affairs Correspondent, ABC News

Second presidential debate (town meeting format):
Tuesday, October 16
Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY
Moderator: Candy Crowley (http://www.cnn.com/CNN/anchors_reporters/crowley.candy.html), Chief Political Correspondent, CNN and Anchor, CNN's State of the Union

Third presidential debate:
Monday, October22
Lynn University, Boca Raton, FL
Moderator: Bob Schieffer (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-500500_162-530179.html?tag=cbsnewsMainColumnArea;cbsnewsMainC olumnArea.2), Chief Washington Correspondent, CBS News and Moderator, Face the Nation

Hah! So all three presidential debates will be moderated by figures known to be pro-Obama or at least Left leaning? Well, at least Romney cannot have any illusions going into these debates.

MMC
10-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Of course both candidates will know what the questions are before hand.

Yeah, but you know how the Network Plays the Commercials and that time!

Cedric
10-01-2012, 09:54 AM
So Lehrer at least is up First.....Romney will definately need to make the Move on Opening Night then. Crowley and Raddatz are Obamabots.

Jim Lehrer is also pro-Obama but since this is probably the last presidential debate he will ever moderate he will no doubt want to go out on a tone that at least looks like it was centered around political neutrality. So Romney will probably have adequate options for flexibility in this first debate.

Larry Dickman
10-01-2012, 10:05 AM
Hah! So all three presidential debates will be moderated by figures known to be pro-Obama or at least Left leaning? Well, at least Romney cannot have any illusions going into these debates.

The pussy RNC could have challenged these moderators. I fail to see what they think they gained by willingly taking it up the shitter by the MSM and Team OhBama.

MMC
10-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Jim Lehrer is also pro-Obama but since this is probably the last presidential debate he will ever moderate he will no doubt want to go out on a tone that at least looks like it was centered around political neutrality. So Romney will probably have adequate options for flexibility in this first debate.

Thats what I was thinking.....as Lehrer will want to appear Centered. Although Schiffer doesnt have a problem going after the left if he catches them dodging. Still I saw Crowley Right in Highland Indiana when she covered Obama as well as a Couple of Other Places to. I was going to ask her if she was part of the DNC.

I was at Obama's Speech in Hammond Indiana when Crowley Covered Hillary and she was speaking out against Obama. Which she tended to cover the lefts events.

Then Later In Munster Indiana at Munster Steel. Then it was the Chick from NBC Chicago I think she is on the evening news. Talk about someone who thought they was Highly important. She takes the case. Then watched her azz Swoon while Getting a Couple questions answered by then Senator Obama.

I had bought his Book and was standing out front with a Vets Group. His Pr guy who he plays basketball with. Can't think of Name. (Nicholoson I want to say, tho I think his first name was Martin) Then asked me if i wanted my book signed by Obama. Which I said sure. Audacity of Hope. Also got one of his Original Campaign Pins. Hope it ends up being worth as much as Reagan's!

Obama then signed the Book personally to me and thanked me for my Service. While leaving he had his bus stop and he opened the Curtians and Saluted All of US.

I figures it will be worth something eventually! :wink:

coolwalker
10-01-2012, 10:11 AM
The pussy RNC could have challenged these moderators. I fail to see what they think they gained by willingly taking it up the shitter by the MSM and Team OhBama.

The only way they could challange them would be in an advertisement, pointing-out every instance of the media favoring Obama. Then again, doing so might push a fence sitter into the Obama camp. Sometimes it i2 best to be left alone.

Goldie Locks
10-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Thats what I was thinking.....as Lehrer will want to appear Centered. Although Schiffer doesnt have a problem going after the left if he catches them dodging. Still I saw Crowley Right in Highland Indiana when she covered Obama as well as a Couple of Other Places to. I was going to ask her if she was part of the DNC.

I was at Obama's Speech in Hammond Indiana when Crowley Covered Hillary and she was speaking out against Obama. Which she tended to cover the lefts events.

Then Later In Munster Indiana at Munster Steel. Then it was the Chick from NBC Chicago I think she is on the evening news. Talk about someone who thought they was Highly important. She takes the case. Then watched her azz Swoon while Getting a Couple questions answered by then Senator Obama.

I had bought his Book and was standing out front with a Vets Group. His Pr guy who he plays basketball with. Can't think of Name. (Nicholoson I want to say, tho I think his first name was Martin) Then asked me if i wanted my book signed by Obama. Which I said sure. Audacity of Hope. Also got one of his Original Campaign Pins. Hope it ends up being worth as much as Reagan's!

Obama then signed the Book personally to me and thanked me for my Service. While leaving he had his bus stop and he opened the Curtians and Saluted All of US.

I figures it will be worth something eventually! :wink:

I don't know what is Carter's stuff worth on the free market today???...;)

Deadwood
10-01-2012, 10:23 AM

And there in lies the problem: the "perception" of victory.

What is forgotten is that in the hours and even the next day it was thought by the pundits, that Nixon destroyed Kennedy and, if it had been radio, Kennedy would have been finished. But, the 'five o'clock shadow and the seating from the cold coming on killed Nixon, as the embryonic Television news media ran and re-ran clips of Nixon at his visual worst, leaving out the deer in the headlights moments where Nixon left Kennedy in the dust on the economy and foreign policy.

Romney needs to punch some holes in Obama's armor and get this election focused on the issues, not the personalities.

It will be a tightrope for him. One gaffe and that's all MSNBC et al will be rolling the next day.

And Obama need only duck and deflect as even a "draw" will be a victory.

MMC
10-01-2012, 10:25 AM
I don't know what is Carter's stuff worth on the free market today???...;)

I don't know.....but if ya got Reagan's Very First Official Campaign Pin. It is worth 10k or was back in 2008. I also Picked up those Pure Silver Coins of Obama. Got some Gold ones with All of them McCain, Hillary and Obama. The Gold ones on Obama well lets say.....all that Glitters, isn't Gold! :wink:

Larry Dickman
10-01-2012, 10:33 AM
The only way they could challange them would be in an advertisement, pointing-out every instance of the media favoring Obama. Then again, doing so might push a fence sitter into the Obama camp. Sometimes it i2 best to be left alone.

Not true. Debate specifics are negotiated with both camps before the itinerary is set. The RNC has a stake in the game and the had the right to say , "fuck off" when they were presented with these lib mods. They could have stood their ground and gotten at least one mod that was truly neutral, like Chris Wallace. Such a shame Russert died so young.

Carygrant
10-01-2012, 11:31 AM
Wonderful to see the Extremists re-dying their already brown trousers .
As the American Ryder Cup Golf team showed , even nailed on favourites can occasionally blunder . But according to you extremists he is not an American so that his character is unlikely to let him down under pressure and stress as has become common place in the last few generations when Americans confront others .

MMC
10-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Wonderful to see the Extremists re-dying their already brown trousers .
As the American Ryder Cup Golf team showed , even nailed on favourites can occasionally blunder . But according to you extremists he is not an American so that his character is unlikely to let him down under pressure and stress as has become common place in the last few generations when Americans confront others .

Well Mr Grant.....thats Cuz we don't wear Blue Suede Shoes with or without Cleats! :wink:

Carygrant
10-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Well Mr Grant.....thats Cuz we don't wear Blue Suede Shoes with or without Cleats! :wink:

Our Queen does and she and Phil both jive to Elvis though naturally both really love Freddie .

MMC
10-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Our Queen does and she and Phil both jive to Elvis though naturally both really love Freddie .

Is that the Freddie on Elm Street Mr Grant? :shocked: :wink:

WalterSobchak
10-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Well, at least were getting all the excuses out of the way prior to the debates.

Here's a thought, perhaps Romney will lose the debates because he is an AWFUL candidate that's worse then the guy he is running against.

Naaaaaaaaaaah, lets stick with the far fetched conspiracy theory of the MSM being in the bag for the Libs since the beginning of time. That's much more fun!

MMC
10-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Well, at least were getting all the excuses out of the way prior to the debates.

Here's a thought, perhaps Romney will lose the debates because he is an AWFUL candidate that's worse then the guy he is running against.

Naaaaaaaaaaah, lets stick with the far fetched conspiracy theory of the MSM being in the bag for the Libs since the beginning of time. That's much more fun!

Myself, I Don't think Obama wouldn't lock himself up for 3 days to study if Romney was so easy.

So whats up Walter. Havent seen ya in sometime now. Hope things are are as well as can be expected.

Captain Obvious
10-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Romney's campaign has been a catastrophe since day one. He's been on the defensive for a good part of it and Obama's campaign is systematically painting the exact picture of Romney that they want.

McCain did the whole "gentleman" schtick and we see where that got him.

It isn't that Romney doesn't have any material to work with. Obama has been a hugely unpopular president, his economic policies are disastrous, their impact on unemployment and unconscionable, massive accumulating debt, his catastrophic foreign policy decisions - Romney should be going for the throat, but he seemingly sits back and plays prevent defense.

This is his only chance IMO - and it still could be too late considering the damage already done to his candidacy reputation, but he has to go on a full-out frontal assault.

Has to, there is no other option.

Peter1469
10-01-2012, 05:43 PM
I agree that Romney should go on the offensive. I disagree that his campaign is a disaster. I agree that the MSM says that Mitt's campaign is a disaster.

Cedric
10-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Romney's campaign has been a catastrophe since day one. He's been on the defensive for a good part of it and Obama's campaign is systematically painting the exact picture of Romney that they want.

McCain did the whole "gentleman" schtick and we see where that got him.

It isn't that Romney doesn't have any material to work with. Obama has been a hugely unpopular president, his economic policies are disastrous, their impact on unemployment and unconscionable, massive accumulating debt, his catastrophic foreign policy decisions - Romney should be going for the throat, but he seemingly sits back and plays prevent defense.

This is his only chance IMO - and it still could be too late considering the damage already done to his candidacy reputation, but he has to go on a full-out frontal assault.

Has to, there is no other option.

Unfortunately I had sort of expected Romney to adopt a wait and see posture after the conventions merely because that reflected his habits during the primaries. He laid back and refused to engage until the bulk of the other candidates had exhausted their funding. But Obama has more than enough funding to go the distance and apparently to make matters worse Romney did not expect the media to campaign for Obama.

How Romney could not have expected that to happen is beyond me, but there you have it. Romney had better pull up his socks.

Cedric
10-01-2012, 06:28 PM
I agree that Romney should go on the offensive. I disagree that his campaign is a disaster. I agree that the MSM says that Mitt's campaign is a disaster.

Romney can recover from the month long pummeling the pro-Obama media gave him but he and his campaign acted shocked that the media would attack him for Obama's sake . . . as if none of them saw what they did to Hillary Clinton in 2008 for Obama's sake and what they did to Sarah Palin and how they intimated that McCain was senile or borderline insane, again for Obama's sake.

So if at last Romney has his head screwed on straight and is finally ready to act like a competitor instead of a stationary boxing bag then well, fine, and good.

Goldie Locks
10-01-2012, 06:30 PM
I hate to think it's a conspiracy, but one has to wonder why Romney is being so passive. It's either his nature or all of this is just a dog and pony show.

Captain Obvious
10-01-2012, 07:04 PM

It's a disaster to the extent that - what is he doing to strengthen his candidacy?

Where's the beef? He's not doing anything except going on the defensive.

He could have came balls out from the getgo and this thing would have been all but over, but... nothing.

It's like watching one of those Rocky movies where Clubber Lang is kicking the shit out of Rockey for the first couple rounds and everyone's thinking "he's getting his ass kicked" - but will Rockey have enough left in the tank for the last round?

Peter1469
10-01-2012, 07:06 PM
It's a disaster to the extent that - what is he doing to strengthen his candidacy?

Where's the beef? He's not doing anything except going on the defensive.

He could have came balls out from the getgo and this thing would have been all but over, but... nothing.

It's like watching one of those Rocky movies where Clubber Lang is kicking the shit out of Rockey for the first couple rounds and everyone's thinking "he's getting his ass kicked" - but will Rockey have enough left in the tank for the last round?

I understand your point.

You are likely correct, considering that the MSM is in the tank for Obama.

Chris
10-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Coming in late but, Cedric, the OP was a great assessment. It's Obama's to lose, Romney's to win.

Cedric
10-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Coming in late but, Cedric, the OP was a great assessment. It's Obama's to lose, Romney's to win.

Thanks, and yes; it's Romney's to lose and he'd better get it in gear until election day or he is going to lose it . . . and that would be a very bad thing to have happen.

Cedric
10-01-2012, 08:32 PM
I hate to think it's a conspiracy, but one has to wonder why Romney is being so passive. It's either his nature or all of this is just a dog and pony show.

I don't know why Romney choked when the outrageous media attacks began against him a month ago. Perhaps we will learn why in some insider tell all book someday. But let's hope that he's learned that expensive lesson and is finally ready to kick rump and take names.

Captain Obvious
10-01-2012, 08:32 PM
If Romney loses, December will be all about "woulda, shoulda nominated Newt".

Newt would have gone for the throat. He's not a good debater, but he knows how to kick someone in the balls and he's no dummy.

And he's Newt also, but that's a different story.

Cedric
10-01-2012, 08:34 PM
If Romney loses, December will be all about "woulda, shoulda nominated Newt".

Newt would have gone for the throat. He's not a good debater, but he knows how to kick someone in the balls and he's no dummy.

And he's Newt also, but that's a different story.

Newt would have kept the Right energized but he also would have been raw meat for the pro-Obama media and even more so than Romney has been because Newt has so many skeletons in his closet that the media would have been spoiled for choice. Still, Newt would have injected power and poetry into this snoozer of a presidential contest.

Captain Obvious
10-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Newt would have kept the Right energized but he also would have been raw meat for the pro-Obama media and even more so than Romney has been because Newt has so many skeletons in his closet that the media would have been spoiled for choice. Still, Newt would have injected power and poetry into this snoozer of a presidential contest.

Agreed

Deadwood
10-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Unfortunately I had sort of expected Romney to adopt a wait and see posture after the conventions merely because that reflected his habits during the primaries. He laid back and refused to engage until the bulk of the other candidates had exhausted their funding. But Obama has more than enough funding to go the distance and apparently to make matters worse Romney did not expect the media to campaign for Obama.

How Romney could not have expected that to happen is beyond me, but there you have it. Romney had better pull up his socks.

Whoever is managing the campaign has not learned anything from 2008.

I, like you, expected Romney to lay low, waiting to be attacked and then turn it around with a kind of "See, they have nothing positive so...."

Instead, yeah, they looked like deer in the headlights in the 47% thing when they should have been pointing the finger back and yelling "fraud" from the rooftops, attacked Carter's kid, Carter and lay virtual waste.

But they've been playing defense all they way, and any hockey coach will tell you, defense will get you into the third period, but sooner or later you gotta get the puck in the net.

These guys don't seem to know there is an offensive zone.

But, as I have said, with all the gaffes and the power of the presidency and the rock star status he's still in the game and that says a lot about Obama.

oceanloverOH
10-01-2012, 09:24 PM
I wish we could have gotten Condoleeza Rice on the Republican ticket....but she wanted NO part of it.

Peter1469
10-01-2012, 09:28 PM
I wish we could have gotten Condoleeza Rice on the Republican ticket....but she wanted NO part of it.

Why would any sane person want to be in politics?

On edit: under the current system. If we went back to citizen representatives who served one term or two and left it would be different.

Deadwood
10-01-2012, 09:33 PM

That, I am sorry to say, is true. Newt suffers from foot in mouth disease...but then who else did they have?

Deadwood
10-01-2012, 09:34 PM

Well, term limits present their own corruption. It has been tried elsewhere.

No one, Republican nor Democrat wants to fix the cronyism.....it just pays too well.

Cedric
10-02-2012, 06:11 AM
Whoever is managing the campaign has not learned anything from 2008.

I, like you, expected Romney to lay low, waiting to be attacked and then turn it around with a kind of "See, they have nothing positive so...."

Instead, yeah, they looked like deer in the headlights in the 47% thing when they should have been pointing the finger back and yelling "fraud" from the rooftops, attacked Carter's kid, Carter and lay virtual waste.

But they've been playing defense all they way, and any hockey coach will tell you, defense will get you into the third period, but sooner or later you gotta get the puck in the net.

These guys don't seem to know there is an offensive zone.

But, as I have said, with all the gaffes and the power of the presidency and the rock star status he's still in the game and that says a lot about Obama.

Yes, Romney is still in the game, and that's something I've been meaning to address. If Obama really were all that the media has made him out to be then Romney really would already be finished at this point in the game. The mere fact that a defense playing Romney is still [as even the polling companies reluctantly admitted yesterday] still virtually neck and neck with Obama -- again -- means that most citizens have finally seen through the heavy media fog set out to protect Obama . . . and are not all that happy with the current president.

Carygrant
10-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Neck and Neck ?
Ate you a Sumo wrestler ?