PDA

View Full Version : tPF Police Investigation doesnt support some of prosecutions charges

Common
07-28-2016, 01:23 PM
If anyone wants to be honest, I said before the trial started that mosby would lose because she over charged the officers and never waiting for the investigations to be completed and actually read them.

The Baltimore police investigation into the death of Freddie Gray doesn't support some of the charges, including the most serious, filed by the Baltimore City State's Attorney, potentially allowing lawyers representing the police officers the opportunity to undercut the prosecution, according to officials briefed on the separate probes conducted by the State's Attorney and police. Already, defense attorneys are filing motions seeking to exploit differences between the separate state attorney and police investigations.
Lawyers for two officers have challenged a key finding of State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby's case: that a knife found on Freddie Gray was legal (http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/06/us/freddie-gray-knife/index.html) in Maryland and therefore the officers didn't have a right to arrest Gray. The police investigation found that the knife is illegal under Baltimore city code.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/06/politics/freddie-gray-baltimore-knife-marilyn-mosby-prosecution/index.html

Cigar
07-28-2016, 01:24 PM
:thinking: I thought these charges where dropped yesterday

nathanbforrest45
07-28-2016, 02:09 PM

This will probably go to the lawsuit against the incompetent prosecutor.

Peter1469
07-28-2016, 04:01 PM
This will probably go to the lawsuit against the incompetent prosecutor.

As well as the ethics authority for the state. I believe they are now investigating since the cases are over.

Common
07-28-2016, 05:18 PM

I thought you would like to know how she made a fool out herself by the numbers :)

Archer0915
07-28-2016, 06:02 PM
As well as the ethics authority for the state. I believe they are now investigating since the cases are over.

You know this stuff, odds of a disbar?

donttread
07-28-2016, 06:25 PM
If anyone wants to be honest, I said before the trial started that mosby would lose because she over charged the officers and never waiting for the investigations to be completed and actually read them.

The Baltimore police investigation into the death of Freddie Gray doesn't support some of the charges, including the most serious, filed by the Baltimore City State's Attorney, potentially allowing lawyers representing the police officers the opportunity to undercut the prosecution, according to officials briefed on the separate probes conducted by the State's Attorney and police. Already, defense attorneys are filing motions seeking to exploit differences between the separate state attorney and police investigations.
Lawyers for two officers have challenged a key finding of State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby's case: that a knife found on Freddie Gray was legal (http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/06/us/freddie-gray-knife/index.html) in Maryland and therefore the officers didn't have a right to arrest Gray. The police investigation found that the knife is illegal under Baltimore city code.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/06/politics/freddie-gray-baltimore-knife-marilyn-mosby-prosecution/index.html

6 cops
2 detainees
1 tramatic death
0 excuses

Peter1469
07-28-2016, 06:26 PM
You know this stuff, odds of a disbar?

More likely a one year suspension. But disbar is certainly on the table.

Peter1469
07-28-2016, 06:27 PM
6 cops
2 detainees
1 tramatic death
0 excuses

What is the burden of proof in a criminal trial?

Do you request it be lowered?

exotix
07-28-2016, 06:54 PM
Except for the part that one moment a dude is alive and well and the next moment his spinal cord is severed and dies in excruciating pain a week later.

William
07-28-2016, 08:29 PM
Umm ... the Baltimore Police investigation doesn't support some of the charges against the Baltimore Police? Like who knew? :shocked:

Isn't that a bit like me not supporting the reason for my detention last week? :grin:

Peter1469
07-28-2016, 08:36 PM
Except for the part that one moment a dude is alive and well and the next moment his spinal cord is severed and dies in excruciating pain a week later.

And?

Jail anyone in the area?

In the US justice system you can't deprive an individual of his liberty without proving his guilt of a crime beyond a reasonable doubt.

zelmo1234
07-28-2016, 08:36 PM

And yet the other criminal in the van was A OK? Said that Gray was tossing himself around the van trying to hurt himself,

But the Democrats always will stand against the police and for the Criminals. Hell that are trying to elect one to the office of the Presidency

zelmo1234
07-28-2016, 08:38 PM
And?

Jail anyone in the area?

In the US justice system you can't deprive an individual of his liberty without proving his guilt of a crime beyond a reasonable doubt.

Peter!!!! They were police officers, You know in the minds of Democrats that makes them evil.

exotix
07-28-2016, 08:46 PM
Peter!!!! They were police officers, You know in the minds of Democrats that makes them evil.You must've missed the DNC Dallas cop thrash Trump for breeding hate & death.

nathanbforrest45
07-29-2016, 07:35 AM
You must've missed the DNC Dallas cop thrash Trump for breeding hate & death.

Link