PDA

View Full Version : Mushrooms and Muslims

Pages : [1] 2

nathanbforrest45
07-30-2016, 12:15 PM
Of all the varieties of wild mushrooms in the United States only four are actually lethal. However this information comes with two caveats. First is that these four look remarkably similar to several that are not lethal and are quite tasty in fact. It takes an extremely knowledgeable person to be able to tell the difference. Second caveat is that while there are only four that are lethal there are hundreds that are poisonous enough to make you extremely ill (I learned this the hard way) This leaves all the rest that are edible if one knows exactly how to tell them apart.

The same is true of Muslims. The vast majority are just people trying to survive. Its a small percentage that are "the crazies" that are blowing up buildings, beheading priest and gunning down night club revelers. The problem is how does one tell them apart? The average person cannot. So, like the fact I don't eat mushrooms that did not come from a certified mushroom grower its best we keep all Muslims at a safe distance.

Debatedrone
07-30-2016, 12:27 PM
the problem with your analogy is that most people go out into nature to gather mushrooms. We get ours from the supermarket...sold by the millions upon millions with nary an upset stomach.

that is the more correct analogy. Americans eat more than 900 million lbs. of mushrooms and only a few cause death.

That is the moral of your little story...that the numbers of innocuous mushrooms is so great as not to give you pause.

waltky
07-30-2016, 12:37 PM
Granny says, "Dat's right...

... she ain't goin' out into nature...

... to gather Mooslums."

Oboe
07-30-2016, 12:45 PM
the problem with your analogy is that most people go out into nature to gather mushrooms. We get ours from the supermarket...sold by the millions upon millions with nary an upset stomach.

that is the more correct analogy. Americans eat more than 900 million lbs. of mushrooms and only a few cause death.

That is the moral of your little story...that the numbers of innocuous mushrooms is so great as not to give you pause.

So your saying we should eat 900 million lbs of muslims? Fried in bacon grease or pig shit?

I'll bet fried muslims are just as tasty as fried liberals if you clean them right.

nathanbforrest45
07-30-2016, 12:46 PM

You make me giggle.

stjames1_53
07-30-2016, 01:04 PM
So your saying we should eat 900 million lbs of muslims? Fried in bacon grease or pig $#@!?

I'll bet fried muslims are just as tasty as fried liberals if you clean them right.

like carp, they aiin't tastey unless you get that darned ol' mud sack out of 'em...
Many of us learned that truth in 'Nam. It was damned difficult to tell the VC from our "allies"....even then, our allies were often VC in disguise. Sometimes the VC used kids as bait or living bombs. Much like the Muslims of today, it's kind of hard to tell the good guys from the bad. .........that is until you heard the boom or bang.

Mac-7
07-30-2016, 01:26 PM

We are not forced to buy and eat mushrooms

But Obama and Hillary are forcing us to take in Muslim refugees against our will

And some of them want to kill us

nathanbforrest45
07-30-2016, 01:55 PM
Apparently some people have reading comprehension issues. The very first sentence in my original post spoke of WILD MUSHROOMS and our need to avoid them when possible. I said, I thought clearly, that since the general public was unable to determine the good from the bad WILD MUSHROOMS it would be in the best interest to assume all might kill or injure you until you could adequately prove which were not harmful.

Then again, some posters are just total idiots.

Chloe
07-30-2016, 02:07 PM
So your saying we should eat 900 million lbs of muslims? Fried in bacon grease or pig shit?

Whats wrong with you

Oboe
07-30-2016, 02:09 PM
Whats wrong with you

When I was a child, I got my head caught in a muslim. Worst three days I ever spent.

Chloe
07-30-2016, 02:10 PM
Apparently some people have reading comprehension issues. The very first sentence in my original post spoke of WILD MUSHROOMS and our need to avoid them when possible. I said, I thought clearly, that since the general public was unable to determine the good from the bad WILD MUSHROOMS it would be in the best interest to assume all might kill or injure you until you could adequately prove which were not harmful.

When a specific mushroom is targeted by things wanting to kill it it then over time it adapts and creates ways of defending itself in a passive way (I.e. Poison). It doesn't seek out something to poison but only acts if it's life is threatened. Are you saying that radical Islam is a passive poisonous wild mushroom or did you pick the wrong analogy?

decedent
07-30-2016, 02:13 PM
So, like the fact I don't eat mushrooms that did not come from a certified mushroom grower its best we keep all Muslims at a safe distance.

Best to keep Christians at a safe distance too. There's always a bad one.

Oboe
07-30-2016, 02:15 PM
When a specific mushroom is targeted by things wanting to kill it it then over time it adapts and creates ways of defending itself in a passive way (I.e. Poison). It doesn't seek out something to poison but only acts if it's life is threatened. Are you saying that radical Islam is a passive poisonous wild mushroom or did you pick the wrong analogy?

This is why liberals should not vote or have children. He is clearly making an analogy that when a percentage of something is bad, and they look like the good ones, it's dangerous to eat them. Just like muslims. Some of them look good,but you can't tell until the bomb goes off or doesn't go off.

Chloe
07-30-2016, 02:18 PM
This is why liberals should not vote or have children. He is clearly making an analogy that when a percentage of something is bad, and they look like the good ones, it's dangerous to eat them. Just like muslims. Some of them look good,but you can't tell until the bomb goes off or doesn't go off.

Ok except that the analogy is not accurate. A mushroom is passive with its defense, a terrorist is not passive with his attack. What you are saying is that I may never know when an evil mushroom might hide in a grocery store package of mushrooms to try and purposefully kill me or wear a disguise in the forest and hide amongst the good mushrooms in the wild that I'm picking. It's a bad analogy. Not to mention incredibly bigoted.

Oboe
07-30-2016, 02:19 PM
Forget it lady. It's waste of time to try to explain anything to you.

Chloe
07-30-2016, 02:21 PM

The analogy is labored and it sucks. In no way should we look at all Muslims as terrorists like apparently you and Nathan look at mushrooms.

Oboe
07-30-2016, 02:22 PM
Was the third grade the hardest 4 years of your life?

Chloe
07-30-2016, 02:25 PM
Was the third grade the hardest 4 years of your life?

I understand that you are buying into a bigoted analogy in hopes that more people will come in and defend it so you will be able to justify your own bigotry a little more in your mind, but just stop. Muslims aren't wild mushrooms and we shouldn't view all Muslims as dangerous.

Oboe
07-30-2016, 02:30 PM

Chloe
07-30-2016, 02:38 PM

you're boring

nathanbforrest45
07-30-2016, 02:43 PM

You are overthinking it dear.

Chloe
07-30-2016, 02:44 PM
You are overthinking it dear.

I'm a science major

nathanbforrest45
07-30-2016, 02:46 PM
The analogy is labored and it sucks. In no way should we look at all Muslims as terrorists like apparently you and Nathan look at mushrooms.

It is not the mushrooms being "targeted". The mushrooms are doing the targeting. The point is, and I don't know if you really don't get it or are just being obtuse, that like we are unable to tell which mushrooms are good and which are bad so are we not able to tell which Muslims are apt to kill us and which won't. The fact is that Muslims kill far more Americans than mushrooms do so perhaps we should be more wary of Muslims than we are mushrooms.

nathanbforrest45
07-30-2016, 02:48 PM

By the way, did you not see that I stated most mushrooms are benign?????????????????????? And since I am comparing mushrooms to Muslims by extension I am also saying that most Muslims are benign.

nathanbforrest45
07-30-2016, 02:48 PM
I'm a science major

Could have fooled me.

Oboe
07-30-2016, 02:49 PM
Science major what?

nathanbforrest45
07-30-2016, 02:51 PM
NPR used to have a segment where the guy would come on the radio and say "I know more than you do, I have a Masters Degree in Science" He was being facetious. I am not sure our girl wonder from Portland is.

Chloe
07-30-2016, 02:54 PM
It is not the mushrooms being "targeted". The mushrooms are doing the targeting. The point is, and I don't know if you really don't get it or are just being obtuse, that like we are unable to tell which mushrooms are good and which are bad so are we not able to tell which Muslims are apt to kill us and which won't. The fact is that Muslims kill far more Americans than mushrooms do so perhaps we should be more wary of Muslims than we are mushrooms.

Ok but we can tell which mushrooms are poisonous and which ones aren't, it just takes some education, we can't with terrorists unless they are being surveillanced. Also mushrooms, even poisonous ones, don't move, they don't target, they don't do anything except for use their poison for passive purposes and in reality provide shelter for smaller animals and help maintain good soils. The analogy is bad because you can identify dangerous mushrooms and also that mushrooms don't target people. Terrorists kill more people than poisonous mushrooms do but so do cows, dogs, bees, cars, chemicals, water, guns, pieces of food that someone chokes on, tylenol, surgeries, falling pianos and so on. Should all of those objects be considered automatically dangerous like Muslims?

Chloe
07-30-2016, 02:55 PM
By the way, did you not see that I stated most mushrooms are benign?????????????????????? And since I am comparing mushrooms to Muslims by extension I am also saying that most Muslims are benign.

the comparison sucks

Chloe
Could have fooled me.

a mushroom obviously fools you

Chloe
Science major what?

environmental science

Chloe
07-30-2016, 02:57 PM
NPR used to have a segment where the guy would come on the radio and say "I know more than you do, I have a Masters Degree in Science" He was being facetious. I am not sure our girl wonder from Portland is.

I wasn't claiming to be smarter than you or anybody else. You said I was overthinking it and so I replied that I was a science major. Science involves thinking, often times over thinking, and since I studied environmental science which includes a lot of ecology classes I can separate how a mushroom actually works against your bigotry towards muslims.

stjames1_53
07-30-2016, 02:58 PM

This is her way of deliberately not understanding, She's done it to me several times. When she loses, she falls back on ,"You're a BIGOT!"
maybe, with her vast experience, she can tell us how to tell the difference between a good Muslim and a bad one. Since she cannot, you're still going to remain a bigot in her eyes...I'd bet five dollars she can't tell the difference, and by not saying how, she dodges the Bigot Bullet.
That's how libs do it..... try to make another look guilty for their own sins............projecting their own bigotry.
"...but but but, they're so kind" ......bullshiot!!!!!

Oboe
07-30-2016, 02:58 PM
environmental science

Oh the fake smoke and mirrors science that Al Gore invented. That's nice.

Chloe
07-30-2016, 03:00 PM
Oh the fake smoke and mirrors science that Al Gore invented. That's nice.

Ignorance must be bliss for you. There is more to environmental science than climate change. Most of what we had to study focuses on ecology, how biodiversity works, how the planet functions and why. It goes beyond the book of genesis a little.

Chloe
07-30-2016, 03:00 PM
This is her way of deliberately not understanding, She's done it to me several times. When she loses, she falls back on ,"You're a BIGOT!"
maybe, with her vast experience, she can tell us how to tell the difference between a good Muslim and a bad one. Since she cannot, you're still going to remain a bigot in her eyes...I'd bet five dollars she can't tell the difference, and by not saying how, she dodges the Bigot Bullet.
That's how libs do it..... try to make another look guilty for their own sins............projecting their own bigotry.
"...but but but, they're so kind" ......bullshiot!!!!!

What's a good Muslim look like? Probably like any other good person.

Oboe
07-30-2016, 03:03 PM
Ignorance must be bliss for you. There is more to environmental science than climate change. Most of what we had to study focuses on ecology, how biodiversity works, how the planet functions and why. It goes beyond the book of genesis a little.

No one mentioned the bible. Anything with "diversity" in its title is bullshit. Are you totally brainwashed by the lib college?

Chloe
07-30-2016, 03:04 PM
No one mentioned the bible. Anything with "diversity" in its title is bullshit.

Oh dear God please just stop.

@nathanbforrest45 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=891) this is who is defending you. I know you don't have the greatest opinion of me ever since the dog thing but please look at his response and tell me that you aren't encouraging this.

Oboe
07-30-2016, 03:05 PM
You first.

nathanbforrest45
07-30-2016, 03:09 PM
the comparison sucks

You are fucking impossible.

I really posted this for more intelligent readers.

Chloe
07-30-2016, 03:10 PM
You first.

Biodiversity isn't diversity from a political point of view, it's not left or right. Biodiversity is the variety of different forms life found in an ecosystem. The health of an area's biodiversity can decide the health of an entire ecosystem.

Chloe
07-30-2016, 03:10 PM
You are fucking impossible.

I really posted this for more intelligent readers.

Improbable, not impossible.

nathanbforrest45
07-30-2016, 03:11 PM
I wasn't claiming to be smarter than you or anybody else. You said I was overthinking it and so I replied that I was a science major. Science involves thinking, often times over thinking, and since I studied environmental science which includes a lot of ecology classes I can separate how a mushroom actually works against your bigotry towards muslims.

I am not "bigoted against Muslims. I am bigoted against being murdered by a religious fanatic.

Chloe
07-30-2016, 03:12 PM
I am not "bigoted against Muslims. I am bigoted against being murdered by a religious fanatic.

yet you want us to view all Muslims as we do wild mushrooms, as if all muslims can or will kill us. Yeah that's not bigoted at all.

nathanbforrest45
07-30-2016, 03:14 PM
Oh dear God please just stop.

@nathanbforrest45 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=891) this is who is defending you. I know you don't have the greatest opinion of me ever since the dog thing but please look at his response and tell me that you aren't encouraging this.
I don't censor anyone and I am not encouraging anyone. I merely posted what I consider to be an excellent analogy of being aware of dangers that may on the surface appear benign. You want to defend all Muslims and anyone who doesn't accept all Muslims is obviously a bigot in your eyes. I stated that most Muslims are like anyone else but the crazies are like that 1/10th of 1 percent of mushroom varieties that can and will kill you.

Chloe
07-30-2016, 03:18 PM
I don't censor anyone and I am not encouraging anyone. I merely posted what I consider to be an excellent analogy of being aware of dangers that may on the surface appear benign. You want to defend all Muslims and anyone who doesn't accept all Muslims is obviously a bigot in your eyes. I stated that most Muslims are like anyone else but the crazies are like that 1/10th of 1 percent of mushroom varieties that can and will kill you.

except what you're really doing is trying to plant the seed in peoples mind to consider all Muslims as that 1/10th of 1%, just as people do when they see a mushroom in the forest, since you don't know their true intentions. Same could be said for you and every other person on Earth.

Oboe
07-30-2016, 03:18 PM

Perhaps she is smart enough to understand M&M candies? Perhaps?

Ok doctor Chloe, if we take a bag of M&M's of which 15 percent of them are known to be poison, and put them into a dish and place the dish on the table, would you still take a handful of M&M's and eat them?

My warp detector is starting to detect a huge deflection anomaly.

Chloe
07-30-2016, 03:20 PM
Perhaps she is smart enough to understand M&M candies? Perhaps?

Ok doctor Chloe, if we take a bag of M&M's of which 15 percent of them are known to be poison, and put them into a dish and place the dish on the table, would you still take a handful of M&M's and eat them?

My warp detector is starting to detect a huge deflection anomaly.

No I wouldn't eat a M&M from a bowl where 15% are poisoned. That has nothing to do with Muslims though since I wouldn't eat one of them either.

Chloe
07-30-2016, 03:22 PM
FYI I know exactly what both of you are trying to say with your analogies. The problem with both of your analogies is that it expects us to assume all are poisonous. (i.e. all Muslims). That's called bigotry.

Oboe
07-30-2016, 03:32 PM
FYI I know exactly what both of you are trying to say with your analogies. The problem with both of your analogies is that it expects us to assume all are poisonous. (i.e. all Muslims). That's called bigotry.

No you are wrong. We don't say all are poisonous, what we are trying to get through your head is that we don't know which ones are poison and until some way is found to separate the poison ones, that we should stay away from all of them! It's only prudent, but ideologies like you have get people killed. Look at Germany. Look at France. That can be contained, but the best way is to prevent it and if some muslims get their feeling hurt, that's too bad. Perhaps all those good muslims ought to start turning in the bad ones huh?

stjames1_53
07-30-2016, 03:35 PM
What's a good Muslim look like? Probably like any other good person.

and how do YOU tell them apart, good and bad?
or are you going to remain obtuse about it...wait!!! I get it, you want open borders...........you're what's wrong with that segment of the population.............you want everyone here..........and unvetted because you don't want to hurt their bitty f**king feelings.
Ever bee raped by a pack of wild Muslims?
Better take a look at Germany's problem. That's what you're supporting, or rather want MY tax dollars to spend to allow them to keep killing us on our own soil

nathanbforrest45
07-30-2016, 03:37 PM
Now you are starting to really annoy me. If you cannot understand my point and my concern then that education you claim to have is totally wasted.

You appear to be a very foolish young lady. Perhaps over time you will gain some maturity but you aren't there yet.

Well, I'm going home. I may be back tomorrow.

Oboe
07-30-2016, 03:38 PM
If Chloe lives to be forty she'll probably not be so liberal then. If she's already that old or older, there's no hope for the poor girl.

Chloe
07-30-2016, 03:42 PM
No you are wrong. We don't say all are poisonous, what we are trying to get through your head is that we don't know which ones are poison and until some way is found to separate the poison ones, that we should stay away from all of them! It's only prudent, but ideologies like you have get people killed. Look at Germany. Look at France. That can be contained, but the best way is to prevent it and if some muslims get their feeling hurt, that's too bad. Perhaps all those good muslims ought to start turning in the bad ones huh?

Stay away from all Muslims because you don't know which are poisonous......yeah, you're a bigot.

Chloe
07-30-2016, 03:44 PM
and how do YOU tell them apart, good and bad?
or are you going to remain obtuse about it...wait!!! I get it, you want open borders...........you're what's wrong with that segment of the population.............you want everyone here..........and unvetted because you don't want to hurt their bitty f**king feelings.
Ever bee raped by a pack of wild Muslims?
Better take a look at Germany's problem. That's what you're supporting, or rather want MY tax dollars to spend to allow them to keep killing us on our own soil

How do I tell the difference? The same way I do with everyone else I see in public. I live my life and I don't assume everyone is the boogeyman.

Chloe
07-30-2016, 03:46 PM
Now you are starting to really annoy me. If you cannot understand my point and my concern then that education you claim to have is totally wasted.

You appear to be a very foolish young lady. Perhaps over time you will gain some maturity but you aren't there yet.

Well, I'm going home. I may be back tomorrow.

Between all of us I would say my maturity level is doing fine. You're whining because I don't buy into your poor analogy and you're whining because I'm calling out the bigotry in it. I'm annoying you? Aw poor baby.

Chloe
07-30-2016, 03:47 PM
If Chloe lives to be forty she'll probably not be so liberal then. If she's already that old or older, there's no hope for the poor girl.

I'm 22, and ill never be like you, and if I do then I dont want to live to 40.

Oboe
07-30-2016, 03:49 PM
Stay away from all Muslims because you don't know which are poisonous......yeah, you're a bigot.

As previously stated, there is no point in debating you. You are ignorant of reality.

https://s16-us2.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Fi264.photobucket.com%2 Falbums%2Fii168%2Fnikkeliza%2Flayouts%2Fkoolaid-1.jpg&sp=d59fdc45de5422d042bbf2c8b741bf9b

Have a really nice day Chloe.

Chloe
07-30-2016, 03:52 PM
As previously stated, there is no point in debating you. You are ignorant of reality.

https://s16-us2.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Fi264.photobucket.com%2 Falbums%2Fii168%2Fnikkeliza%2Flayouts%2Fkoolaid-1.jpg&sp=d59fdc45de5422d042bbf2c8b741bf9b

Have a really nice day Chloe.

Thanks, I always have a nice day typically.

Chloe
07-30-2016, 03:57 PM
nathanbforrest45 look on the bright side about your thread. Without me annoying you there is no way it gets to six pages.

Oboe
07-30-2016, 04:03 PM
I'm 22, and ill never be like you, and if I do then I dont want to live to 40.

The absurd foolishness of youth ideology. You're 22? Life has not even come close to having it's way with you yet.

Chloe
07-30-2016, 04:12 PM
The absurd foolishness of youth ideology. You're 22? Life has not even come close to having it's way with you yet.

meh

Oboe
07-30-2016, 04:13 PM
Save that "meh" for when you ever face reality.

Chloe
07-30-2016, 04:14 PM
Save that "meh" for when you ever face reality.

thanks, i'll file that advice away

Oboe
07-30-2016, 04:20 PM
Meh. as obtuse as you are, perhaps a career in politics would be great for you. You could pass tons of feel good legislation that accomplishes nothing.

stjames1_53
07-30-2016, 04:46 PM
22 and from the west coast...that's all I need to know................
wait until she hits the age of 55 0r 60. Pay all these income taxes you demand. then do some reflection on how it was spent.
It's a very dangerous world out there, Of course she hasn't seen the real life ugly side of life. Sheltered and nurtured by liberals............
Hell, I'd bet she hasn't even experienced what real bigotry is, and who the racists really are.
in other words' she's a small town small person without real world exposure. Just what she reads form Mother Jones

Chloe
07-30-2016, 04:53 PM
Well ok then

Oboe
07-30-2016, 04:55 PM
So, what's your sign? I really didn't mean to be so hard on you, I thought you were older. You seem like a nice young girl.

stjames1_53
07-30-2016, 05:25 PM
So, what's your sign? I really didn't mean to be so hard on you, I thought you were older. You seem like a nice young girl.

yes, gently, now....gently. a fragile flower............

Chloe
07-30-2016, 05:54 PM

my sign?

Mac-7
07-30-2016, 07:54 PM
Ok except that the analogy is not accurate. A mushroom is passive with its defense, a terrorist is not passive with his attack. What you are saying is that I may never know when an evil mushroom might hide in a grocery store package of mushrooms to try and purposefully kill me or wear a disguise in the forest and hide amongst the good mushrooms in the wild that I'm picking. It's a bad analogy. Not to mention incredibly bigoted.

I get it even if you dont.

no one can tell which muslim refugees/immigrants are dangerous but we know some are.

the best precaution is to keep them in their own country instead of bringing them here

Oboe
07-30-2016, 08:38 PM
my sign?

I'm talking to you, girl...

Bethere
07-30-2016, 10:36 PM

You are almost more likely to get killed by a falling vending machine than you are a rogue muslim.

maineman
07-30-2016, 10:39 PM

no one can tell which muslim refugees/immigrants are dangerous but we know some are.

the best precaution is to keep them in their own country instead of bringing them here

Fuck Emma Lazarus....let's send that big statue back to those stupid frogs where it rightfully belongs.

maineman
07-30-2016, 10:41 PM
It really is dark and scary midnight in America, or so believes the republican party, that is.

maineman
07-30-2016, 10:42 PM
my sign?

I agree...that is super creepy.

Mac-7
07-31-2016, 01:23 AM
$#@! Emma Lazarus....let's send that big statue back to those stupid frogs where it rightfully belongs.Thats very clumsy melodrama from a lib who was born with a crying towel clinched in your fist.Our first obligation is to the citizens of this country not what is convienent for foreigners who might want to come here.And muslims represent a greater security risk than Buddhists or Christians or secular whatever's. Think about whats best for Americans and you will never go wrong.

stjames1_53
07-31-2016, 05:51 AM
You are almost more likely to get killed by a falling vending machine than you are a rogue muslim.

well, I guess those 50 or so people in FL beat the odds, eh. I'd be willing to bet almost everyone of them would have preferred to have a vending machine fall on them.............jes saying

stjames1_53
07-31-2016, 05:56 AM
It really is dark and scary midnight in America, or so believes the republican party, that is.

to deny the world is a dangerous place is rather disingenuous of you. The last 7 mass murders were committed by Muslims, on American soil.
I bet you've taught young folk to believe the world is made up of unicorns and fairies...well, half of that is right..............

Ethereal
07-31-2016, 06:13 AM
You're free to segregate yourself from Muslims, but why does that mean "we" have to do it? Suppose I want to associate with some Muslims? Why should I need the US government's permission?

Ethereal
07-31-2016, 06:20 AM

You could say that about any nominal group of people. Literally everyone you meet could be a killer or something. You have no idea who is dangerous and who is not. There are no certainties in life, only probabilities. And the probability of being killed by a terrorist, Muslim or otherwise, is tiny, so hyper-ventilating about Muslims seems pretty melodramatic to me. That doesn't mean we shouldn't try to stop terrorist plots from materializing and unfolding, but we need to put the risk in its proper perspective. It's important, sure, but it's not THAT important.

AeonPax
07-31-2016, 06:23 AM
`
`
I took the time and read this entire thread.

Ethereal
07-31-2016, 06:24 AM
We could also try bombing less Muslims. Just maybe...

Ethereal
07-31-2016, 06:25 AM

No one can tell if anyone is dangerous.

Guess we need to ban everyone!

Ethereal
07-31-2016, 06:26 AM

You're also more likely to die from falling down than you are from being killed with a firearm but that doesn't stop Democrats from trying to ban guns.

Mac-7
07-31-2016, 06:27 AM
You're free to segregate yourself from Muslims, but why does that mean "we" have to do it? Suppose I want to associate with some Muslims? Why should I need the US government's permission?

And you are free to visit syria and mingle with muslims.

But US immigration policy is not a free-for-all where every lib gets to do as they please.

if it turns out that most voters agree with you then I will have to accept that decision.

but otoh if it turns out voters want a more resticted immigration policy then you are to one who will have to stand aside

Ethereal
07-31-2016, 06:33 AM
And you are free to visit syria and mingle with muslims.

I would have loved to visit Syria before the US government fomented an Islamist rebellion there. Damascus is supposed to be a very cosmopolitan, modern city.

But US immigration policy is not a free-for-all where every lib gets to do as they please.

if it turns out that most voters agree with you then I will have to accept that decision.

but otoh if it turns out voters want a more resticted immigration policy then you are to one who will have to stand aside

You seem to believe that voting gives you magic powers over me. I disagree. I am free to engage in whatever peaceful acts I want, including associating with Muslims. I don't need anyone's permission, including yours.

Mac-7
07-31-2016, 06:43 AM
I would have loved to visit Syria before the US government fomented an Islamist rebellion there. Damascus is supposed to be a very cosmopolitan, modern city.

You seem to believe that voting gives you magic powers over me. I disagree. I am free to engage in whatever peaceful acts I want, including associating with Muslims. I don't need anyone's permission, including yours.

Who said you cant mingle with muslims?

As for syria your sweetheart hillary clinton was deep inside the decision to support regime change in syria.

Expect more of the same if Tweeners help elect her president

nathanbforrest45
07-31-2016, 09:14 AM
You make me giggle as well. How many people have died from falling vending machines since 2001? How many Americans have been slaughtered by "rogue" Muslims in the same time period. Actually, since 2001 195 people have been killed by a falling vending machine. In the same time period over 3000 have died in terrorist attacks.

donttread
07-31-2016, 09:15 AM
Of all the varieties of wild mushrooms in the United States only four are actually lethal. However this information comes with two caveats. First is that these four look remarkably similar to several that are not lethal and are quite tasty in fact. It takes an extremely knowledgeable person to be able to tell the difference. Second caveat is that while there are only four that are lethal there are hundreds that are poisonous enough to make you extremely ill (I learned this the hard way) This leaves all the rest that are edible if one knows exactly how to tell them apart.

The same is true of Muslims. The vast majority are just people trying to survive. Its a small percentage that are "the crazies" that are blowing up buildings, beheading priest and gunning down night club revelers. The problem is how does one tell them apart? The average person cannot. So, like the fact I don't eat mushrooms that did not come from a certified mushroom grower its best we keep all Muslims at a safe distance.

But are there any species of Muslims that you can "trip on?"

nathanbforrest45
07-31-2016, 09:17 AM
`
`
I took the time and read this entire thread.

So what do you want? A trophy of some sort??

Subdermal
07-31-2016, 09:20 AM

The analogy is meant to point out that an effective process to weed out the poisonous mushrooms from the delicious ones is necessary to protect oneself.

No, that is not the moral. The moral is that an effective process to weed out the poisonous mushrooms from the delicious ones is necessary to protect ourselves - and if we do not have an effective process, then we refrain from consuming mushrooms until we do.

Subdermal
07-31-2016, 09:21 AM
When I was a child, I got my head caught in a muslim. Worst three days I ever spent.

:biglaugh: :rofl:

Ok, I laughed out loud at this post

Subdermal
07-31-2016, 09:22 AM

I like the analogy if you think that anything that isn't a mushroom is what caused the mushroom to create ways to defend itself.

Subdermal
07-31-2016, 09:22 AM

If only we did the same for liberals.

Subdermal
07-31-2016, 09:24 AM
I understand that you are buying into a bigoted analogy in hopes that more people will come in and defend it so you will be able to justify your own bigotry a little more in your mind, but just stop. Muslims aren't wild mushrooms and we shouldn't view all Muslims as dangerous.

The mushroom analogy doesn't center around a passive or active reaction to its environment. It centers around the vetting process to determine how innocuous or threatening each mushroom is.

Subdermal
07-31-2016, 09:27 AM
Ok but we can tell which mushrooms are poisonous and which ones aren't, it just takes some education, we can't with terrorists unless they are being surveillanced.

Surveilled - and isn't that analogous to educating?

Also mushrooms, even poisonous ones, don't move, they don't target, they don't do anything except for use their poison for passive purposes and in reality provide shelter for smaller animals and help maintain good soils. The analogy is bad because you can identify dangerous mushrooms and also that mushrooms don't target people. Terrorists kill more people than poisonous mushrooms do but so do cows, dogs, bees, cars, chemicals, water, guns, pieces of food that someone chokes on, tylenol, surgeries, falling pianos and so on. Should all of those objects be considered automatically dangerous like Muslims?

I think they are, aren't they? That's why we take precautions with each and everyone of those things you mentioned.

Aren't you making nathanbforrest45's point with that comparison?

Subdermal
07-31-2016, 09:31 AM
yet you want us to view all Muslims as we do wild mushrooms, as if all muslims can or will kill us. Yeah that's not bigoted at all.

That isn't bigoted. Using your list again, all precautions taken with any and all dangerous entities does not discriminate based upon prejudices: it protects against an undesired result equally to ensure that only the desired result filters through.

Just like a proper and effective vetting process - should one prove to be proper and effective.

It's exactly why we suspended ALL immigration in this country for a very long time decades ago: we determined that a proper and effective vetting process - for the purpose of protecting the public - wasn't possible.

Subdermal
07-31-2016, 09:34 AM
except what you're really doing is trying to plant the seed in peoples mind to consider all Muslims as that 1/10th of 1%, just as people do when they see a mushroom in the forest, since you don't know their true intentions. Same could be said for you and every other person on Earth.

That's a nice sentiment and all - until you consider the irrefutable evidence that you impression of Muslims in general is untrue by reading their responses to direct questions in support of violence through Jihad.

It isn't .1% saying that such acts are supported. Not by any long shot.

Subdermal
07-31-2016, 09:37 AM

No, Chloe, that is flat incorrect. It assumes that the same determinative process has to be employed in order to determine which ones are, and which ones aren't.

If you were correct - if what nathanbforrest45's post was intended to demonstrate that all Muslims are poisonous - what would be the point of carefully vetting Muslims?

His OP would simply have stated that they're all dangerous, and NONE should be allowed here period; ever.

He went out of his way to state otherwise. You should retract your statement claiming his position is bigotry, as it is not.

Peter1469
07-31-2016, 09:42 AM

Parts of Damascus's ancient city remains. It was called the White City during the times of the Crusades.

I would like to visit someday when they clean up their act.

Subdermal
07-31-2016, 09:43 AM

So we should continue to implement policy which results in more falling vending machines, or should we - as IKEA has done with some of their products: offering a cleat which can be screwed into the wall to prevent their products from tipping on kids and killing them - take action to prevent these tragedies?*

Particularly if we suspect that such incidents are on the increase?

*This is an example of a poster working with a poor analogy offered by a poster, instead of simply attempting to damage its credibility through ridicule.

Subdermal
07-31-2016, 09:43 AM
$#@! Emma Lazarus....let's send that big statue back to those stupid frogs where it rightfully belongs.

:facepalm:

Peter1469
07-31-2016, 09:45 AM
We need to stop and rethink moving millions of Muslims far from their homes. The international community use to want war refugees to stay close so they can rebuild their nations when the conflict was over.

Subdermal
07-31-2016, 09:45 AM
We could also try bombing less Muslims. Just maybe...

Did Spain bomb Muslims? Or the Swedish?

Can you explain why those countries have suffered attacks, if your premise was accurate?

Subdermal
07-31-2016, 09:46 AM

IIRC, there is a line in the Bible about Damascus being "leveled by fire" in End Times, or somesuch.

Sounds nuclearish.

Subdermal
07-31-2016, 09:47 AM
You make me giggle as well. How many people have died from falling vending machines since 2001? How many Americans have been slaughtered by "rogue" Muslims in the same time period. Actually, since 2001 195 people have been killed by a falling vending machine. In the same time period over 3000 have died in terrorist attacks.

Well, here's even a better way to attack an analogy: simply flat refute it with facts.

maineman
07-31-2016, 09:54 AM
It WAS a lovely city, but still dangerous even back in the 80's. I would suggest Friedman's "From Beirut to Jerusalem"... the chapter about "Hama Rules" especially. There was an Islamist rebellion brewing in Syria without any help from the US for decades. Assad was one mean-ass sumbitch and he thoroughly pissed off a whole lot of devout Muslims over the years.

As an aside... as a Christian, it was quite moving for me to walk down the very same street called Straight that a blinded Paul walked down. It is still kind of the main drag even now.

maineman
07-31-2016, 09:57 AM

I wonder how the comparison would work if you truncated it a bit and started since 2002? Clearly, 2001 is an outlier that skews your data..... but you knew that and that is why you did it that way, right?

Chloe
07-31-2016, 09:58 AM
No, @Chloe (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=565), that is flat incorrect. It assumes that the same determinative process has to be employed in order to determine which ones are, and which ones aren't.

If you were correct - if what @nathanbforrest45 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=891)'s post was intended to demonstrate that all Muslims are poisonous - what would be the point of carefully vetting Muslims?

His OP would simply have stated that they're all dangerous, and NONE should be allowed here period; ever.

He went out of his way to state otherwise. You should retract your statement claiming his position is bigotry, as it is not.

Singling them out for "careful vetting" is also an example of bigotry since, along with his mushroom analogy. I won't retract anything.

nathanbforrest45
07-31-2016, 09:59 AM
Well, here's even a better way to attack an analogy: simply flat refute it with facts.

Furthermore, the number of deaths and frequency of those attacks have been increasing over the last few years. In addition, a falling vending machine is strictly a chance act or an accident if you will. Terrorist murders are planned in advance so the two are simply not in any way similar events. I suppose if you want to really make a comparison you could say you are far more likely to be murdered by a gang banger in black neighborhoods than you are by a terrorist. But, then again, since I don't have any idea of which black neighborhoods would welcome me, a 71 year old white male, I tend to stay out of all of them.

nathanbforrest45
07-31-2016, 10:00 AM
I wonder how the comparison would work if you truncated it a bit and started since 2002? Clearly, 2001 is an outlier that skews your data..... but you knew that and that is why you did it that way, right?

Oh, the 9-11 attacks were not terrorist attacks?

Peter1469
07-31-2016, 10:01 AM
Singling them out for "careful vetting" is also an example of bigotry since, along with his mushroom analogy. I won't retract anything.

Letting them in unvetted is unwise and silly. And we can't vet anyone from Syria.

nathanbforrest45
07-31-2016, 10:02 AM

Let me make one more analogy. You, a 22 year old slip of a girl, are walking in a dark parking lot to get your car. Suddenly you notice behind you a male in a hoodie (race unknown and unimportant). Would you simply turn and start a lovely conversation about the stars in the sky or would you hurry to your car as quickly as possible?

Cthulhu
07-31-2016, 10:03 AM
To a diseased mind, a cure properly applied is poison.

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.

nathanbforrest45
07-31-2016, 10:04 AM
No one on the left truly gets this do they?

nathanbforrest45
07-31-2016, 10:06 AM
Well, I am going shopping and or sailing. Be of good cheer and I sincerely hope Portland does not experience a terrorist attack in the next 24 hours.

Either Portland in fact.

Peter1469
07-31-2016, 10:09 AM

The cause is the most important thing to the globalists.

maineman
07-31-2016, 10:17 AM
Oh, the 9-11 attacks were not terrorist attacks?

oh... they were. but there were a LOT of them in one year.... take that year out and then get a more valid comparison. If a giant truck load of vending machines had fallen off an interstate overpass, landed on three jammed tour buses, and killed hundreds of people in one single instance, I'd think that taking that year out of the comparison would be equally appropriate.

Standing Wolf
07-31-2016, 10:20 AM
Okay, I was going to read this entire thread before responding, but the first six pages were all I could stomach. If it got smarter after that...well, I'd be very surprised, and if what I'm about to write has already been written - sorry for the redundancy.

I haven't checked on the statistics, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and state what I believe to be the case: 1) There is a higher probability of my being killed by a bolt of lightning than of being killed in this country by a Muslim terrorist; 2) Most of the domestic mass killings in America in the past couple of decades were committed by native-born non-Muslims; 3) Most of the recent mass killings by Muslims were committed by natural born U.S. citizens.

The point of the OP, along with subsequent attempts at defending the analogy that it contained, seems to have been that we should listen to DJT, that paragon of logic and good sense, and keep anyone identifying as Muslim from immigrating to the U.S., based on the assumption that a very small percentage may harbor ill will toward America and want to do her citizens harm. I have personally known folks who were given asylum here, including some of the Lost Boys of the Sudan - Muslim, by the way - and their appreciation for, and gratitude toward, their adopted country knows no bounds. If you genuinely believe that someone should be "keeping an eye on" members of the Muslim community for signs of violent intent - by all means, let in more Muslims. Anyone who knows anything about the subject and doesn't just repeat the memes they hear on Faux News is aware that the best source of information about radicalized Muslims among us that law enforcement has is leaders and members of the Muslim community. "Let the good Muslims turn in the bad ones"? They do.

Subdermal
07-31-2016, 11:27 AM

No, it isn't. The vetting isn't just for Muslims; it's for all immigrants.

It is bigoted to screen blacks for Sickle Cell Anemia?

Subdermal
07-31-2016, 11:29 AM
Let me make one more analogy. You, a 22 year old slip of a girl, are walking in a dark parking lot to get your car. Suddenly you notice behind you a male in a hoodie (race unknown and unimportant). Would you simply turn and start a lovely conversation about the stars in the sky or would you hurry to your car as quickly as possible?

Hey.

She's not bigoted, and she doesn't discriminate. Of course she'd stop and smell the roses with the guy. Or girl.

:)

Oboe
07-31-2016, 11:35 AM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Chloe http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=1663143#post1663143)

I don't want to offend my newfound young princess, :) but this above statement is so far out, it defies logic. But then, I digress. :) See ya Chloe.

maineman
07-31-2016, 11:40 AM
I don't want to offend my newfound young princess, :) but this above statement is so far out, it defies logic. But then, I digress. :) See ya Chloe.

methinks you should change your screen name to Chester.

Chloe
07-31-2016, 11:53 AM

I'm always nervous walking through a dark parking lot by myself regardless of who is walking behind me. It's one of the things that girls like me have to always be aware about. I'm not ignorant of the fact that there are people out there that would have no problem robbing me, raping me, or killing me, but me being nervous as i'm being followed in a dark parking lot is not the same thing as assuming that all men in a parking lot are going to rape me.

Chloe
07-31-2016, 11:54 AM

bigots don't often recognize their bigotry, it's ok, you'll come around one day.

Subdermal
07-31-2016, 11:55 AM
I'm always nervous walking through a dark parking lot by myself regardless of who is walking behind me. It's one of the things that girls like me have to always be aware about. I'm not ignorant of the fact that there are people out there that would have no problem robbing me, raping me, or killing me, but me being nervous as i'm being followed in a dark parking lot is not the same thing as assuming that all men in a parking lot are going to rape me.

But his point still stands, doesn't it? You treat all such people behind you in a hoodie the same way, because you assume that there is a risk to all men in a parking lot in said scenario doing so, don't you?

Subdermal
07-31-2016, 11:56 AM
bigots don't often recognize their bigotry, it's ok, you'll come around one day.

Just as people who throw around the word 'bigot' as a consequence of their lifelong conditioning don't often recognize that they're using the word utterly unfairly, and its use presses a very particular ideology.

But it's ok: you'll come around one day.

:)

Mac-7
07-31-2016, 12:00 PM
Okay, I was going to read this entire thread before responding, but the first six pages were all I could stomach. If it got smarter after that...well, I'd be very surprised, and if what I'm about to write has already been written - sorry for the redundancy.

I haven't checked on the statistics, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and state what I believe to be the case: 1) There is a higher probability of my being killed by a bolt of lightning than of being killed in this country by a Muslim terrorist; 2) Most of the domestic mass killings in America in the past couple of decades were committed by native-born non-Muslims; 3) Most of the recent mass killings by Muslims were committed by natural born U.S. citizens.

The point of the OP, along with subsequent attempts at defending the analogy that it contained, seems to have been that we should listen to DJT, that paragon of logic and good sense, and keep anyone identifying as Muslim from immigrating to the U.S., based on the assumption that a very small percentage may harbor ill will toward America and want to do her citizens harm. I have personally known folks who were given asylum here, including some of the Lost Boys of the Sudan - Muslim, by the way - and their appreciation for, and gratitude toward, their adopted country knows no bounds. If you genuinely believe that someone should be "keeping an eye on" members of the Muslim community for signs of violent intent - by all means, let in more Muslims. Anyone who knows anything about the subject and doesn't just repeat the memes they hear on Faux News is aware that the best source of information about radicalized Muslims among us that law enforcement has is leaders and members of the Muslim community. "Let the good Muslims turn in the bad ones"? They do.

Does it matter what the personal risk of being killed in a Muslim terrorist attack is?

Someone will die even if it's not you.

Chloe
07-31-2016, 12:13 PM
But his point still stands, doesn't it? You treat all such people behind you in a hoodie the same way, because you assume that there is a risk to all men in a parking lot in said scenario doing so, don't you?

It's based more on the environment than it is the person that creates the fear for me. If it were day time I wouldn't feel as uncomfortable as night time. My university is located in downtown and so walking in and around campus meant that I was around other students, staff, people that work in nearby downtown offices, visitors, homeless people and so on. I rode my bike to school everyday and went through campus, downtown areas, roadways, and then into the area that my parents house is at. Sometimes I felt comfortable and it was just routine and sometimes I didn't fully trust the person behind me, near me, or who I was walking past. Sometimes it was the time of day (if I had to stay late on campus and it got dark), sometimes it was because the person just looked shady, and sometimes it was because the school would issue a warning. I also walked by thousands of guys over my years of college either on campus or off campus in downtown for food/coffee, often times infront of them, and I wasn't nervous.

Subdermal
07-31-2016, 12:41 PM
It's based more on the environment than it is the person that creates the fear for me.

But it isn't. As proof, such an environment - without such a person - is not viewed by you as such a threat.

You can change the environment myriad ways, but what makes such a threat is including such a person.

You're wriggling really hard to get off of this hook. Don't. Invite it, and carefully analyze what it is you're saying and believing.

If it were day time I wouldn't feel as uncomfortable as night time.

The word 'as' does not ameliorate your defense. The threat remains, regardless the degree to which you characterize it - and the primary source of the threat remains the person, and not the environment.

My university is located in downtown and so walking in and around campus meant that I was around other students, staff, people that work in nearby downtown offices, visitors, homeless people and so on. I rode my bike to school everyday and went through campus, downtown areas, roadways, and then into the area that my parents house is at. Sometimes I felt comfortable and it was just routine and sometimes I didn't fully trust the person behind me, near me, or who I was walking past. Sometimes it was the time of day (if I had to stay late on campus and it got dark), sometimes it was because the person just looked shady, and sometimes it was because the school would issue a warning. I also walked by thousands of guys over my years of college either on campus or off campus in downtown for food/coffee, often times infront of them, and I wasn't nervous.

I know.

None of this changes the argument, or the point. In fact, it demonstrates that you discriminate, based upon what it is you know.

So why do you refuse to allow society to do same in defense of itself?

AeonPax
07-31-2016, 03:46 PM
So what do you want? A trophy of some sort??
`
I was tempted to say that I had to decontaminate myself after reading it, especially your pov's, but felt saying that I actually wasted my time reading this slop was obvious enough. I am also tempted to sue this site to get back the two minutes I wasted reading it and responding to your inane reply.

Ethereal
07-31-2016, 03:49 PM
Who said you cant mingle with muslims?

As for syria your sweetheart hillary clinton was deep inside the decision to support regime change in syria.

Expect more of the same if Tweeners help elect her president

Lying is a sin Mac. You should know better.

Oboe
07-31-2016, 03:51 PM

Me don't care what a turd thinkd.

jimmyz
07-31-2016, 05:38 PM

What percentage are "dangerous" then. How do you identify them before they murder innocent non-muslims?

jimmyz
07-31-2016, 06:08 PM

Why aren't the 3,000 people murdered by muslim non-US citizens part of your statistical analysis? Misleading on purpose?

Chloe
07-31-2016, 07:29 PM
What percentage are "dangerous" then. How do you identify them before they murder innocent non-muslims?

The first is pretty much impossible to know really. The second could be done through surveillance of known people to thwart a possible attack but even then you can identify a murderer before they murder in most cases.

Oboe
07-31-2016, 08:33 PM
Hi Chloe.

maineman
07-31-2016, 08:53 PM
Hi Chester

Standing Wolf
07-31-2016, 09:02 PM
Why aren't the 3,000 people murdered by muslim non-US citizens part of your statistical analysis? Misleading on purpose?

A statistical outlier...one that hasn't been repeated in fifteen years.

Mac-7
08-01-2016, 03:47 AM
Lying is a sin Mac. You should know better.

I suppose it is a lie to say you support anyone who could actually win.

because Tweeners always want to be on the losing side.

that way you can say nothing is your fault

nathanbforrest45
08-01-2016, 07:46 AM

Thank you so very much for telling us that we have absolutely nothing to worry about from Muslim terror attacks in this country. I should worry more about being hit by a bolt of lightning than some loony tune screaming Allah Akbar while blowing up a room full of fifth graders.

Gee thanks for putting my mind at ease with this. Furthermore, I think we should disband the entire police department and the military since they are unneeded and put all of our money into the development of individual lightning rods.

Standing Wolf
08-01-2016, 08:04 AM
Thank you so very much for telling us that we have absolutely nothing to worry about from Muslim terror attacks in this country. I should worry more about being hit by a bolt of lightning than some loony tune screaming Allah Akbar while blowing up a room full of fifth graders.

Gee thanks for putting my mind at ease with this. Furthermore, I think we should disband the entire police department and the military since they are unneeded and put all of our money into the development of individual lightning rods.

Of course there's a danger from Muslim extremists. I've said for several years now that I'm somewhat surprised we haven't yet seen at least one suicide bomber blow him- or herself up somewhere in the U.S. I'm convinced that things like that will eventually happen.

The point I was attempting to make is that we - both as individuals and as a country - need to make intelligent choices in responding to the danger. If you will recall, the OP was a less-than-subtle defense of the idea of restricting all immigration into the U.S. by Muslims. That suggestion has much in common with the arguments of those who want to see universal firearms confiscation and banning because one legal gun owner in a million goes nuts every so often - it's a bit of an overreaction.

Mac-7
08-01-2016, 08:24 AM
Of course there's a danger from Muslim extremists. I've said for several years now that I'm somewhat surprised we haven't yet seen at least one suicide bomber blow him- or herself up somewhere in the U.S. I'm convinced that things like that will eventually happen.

The point I was attempting to make is that we - both as individuals and as a country - need to make intelligent choices in responding to the danger. If you will recall,

the OP was a less-than-subtle defense of the idea of restricting all immigration into the U.S. by Muslims.

That suggestion has much in common with the arguments of those who want to see universal firearms confiscation and banning because one legal gun owner in a million goes nuts every so often - it's a bit of an overreaction.

That is a very sensible idea.

the fewer muslim crazies we have in this country the safer we will be

maineman
08-01-2016, 08:26 AM

Emma Lazarus be damned, eh?

Shouldn't we just send that big statue back where it came from?

nathanbforrest45
08-01-2016, 08:31 AM

The point I was attempting to make is that we - both as individuals and as a country - need to make intelligent choices in responding to the danger. If you will recall, the OP was a less-than-subtle defense of the idea of restricting all immigration into the U.S. by Muslims. That suggestion has much in common with the arguments of those who want to see universal firearms confiscation and banning because one legal gun owner in a million goes nuts every so often - it's a bit of an overreaction.

I posted the original posting and it was not a "subtle defense" of anything except that like eating mushrooms willy nilly without any regard to their being lethal embracing a greater influx of Muslims (since the number of frequency of attacks is on the increase) is much the same. How long before we have a Charlie Hebdo type attack in this country? We came close with the Orlando massacre. If you don't understand the issue is escalating then I don't know what to say.

nathanbforrest45
08-01-2016, 08:31 AM

Just what are you talking about? Do you even know?

I don't think the inscription says "Send us your murderers, your jihadist, your terror groups. Perhaps I missed that part.

Mac-7
08-01-2016, 09:30 AM

you seem believe in open borders where mexican and muslim foreigners set our immigration policy instead of us

but I dont think thats what Lady Liberty means or ever meant.

maineman
08-01-2016, 09:34 AM
you seem believe in open borders where mexican and muslim foreigners set our immigration policy instead of us

but I dont think thats what Lady Liberty means or ever meant.

how convenient for you.

Truth Detector
08-01-2016, 09:38 AM

The OBVIOUS answer is no. In order "get" anything, they would first have to open their tightly closed eyes and minds.

Truth Detector
08-01-2016, 09:38 AM
oh... they were. but there were a LOT of them in one year.... take that year out and then get a more valid comparison. If a giant truck load of vending machines had fallen off an interstate overpass, landed on three jammed tour buses, and killed hundreds of people in one single instance, I'd think that taking that year out of the comparison would be equally appropriate.

:rofl: @ Popeye.

Chloe
08-01-2016, 09:42 AM
Hi Chloe.

Uh, hi?

Truth Detector
08-01-2016, 09:42 AM

For decades we did not allow immigration. Now suddenly, people are acting as if it is a right to emigrate to America. When did this happen?

I want you and the liberals of the forum to pay close attention to this and I am going to make it BIG and in color; No one is suggesting we NOT allow immigration from Muslim countries. They are suggesting that we NOT continue to allow them in until we can be assured the Government will properly investigate them and assure the citizens of this country they pose no threat.

Now will someone please show me where we are OBLIGATED to allow Muslims into the country at will? Anyone? Dumb.

Truth Detector
08-01-2016, 09:43 AM

...and you should change yours to Popeye. :biglaugh:

Truth Detector
08-01-2016, 09:46 AM

There is NOTHING intelligent about neglecting our nations borders and allowing unabridged emigration to occur without careful vetting. I am still waiting for someone to show me where there is some kind of RIGHT to immigrate here.

Truth Detector
08-01-2016, 09:47 AM

Why? Do you actually think it infers a right to everyone to come here and become citizens? Link please. :rollseyes:

Truth Detector
08-01-2016, 09:47 AM
how convenient for you.

How inconvenient for you Popeye. :biglaugh:

stjames1_53
08-01-2016, 11:35 AM

How ya going to tell? After you've been raped? Once the deed is done, you'll look at ALL men differently. Every female rape victim has trouble with men, if not for life, but for a very long time. Chloe, it only has to happen once for you to change your mind.

nic34
08-01-2016, 11:39 AM

Maybe you just need to dial up 1-800-stupid analogy too.

Oboe
08-01-2016, 12:02 PM
Uh, hi?

No, it's HI!

Chloe
08-01-2016, 01:04 PM
No, it's HI!

Huh?

Chloe
08-01-2016, 01:05 PM
How ya going to tell? After you've been raped? Once the deed is done, you'll look at ALL men differently. Every female rape victim has trouble with men, if not for life, but for a very long time. Chloe, it only has to happen once for you to change your mind.

I do not assume that all men could rape me just as I won't assume all Muslims are terrorists.

jimmyz
08-01-2016, 01:32 PM
The first is pretty much impossible to know really. The second could be done through surveillance of known people to thwart a possible attack but even then you can identify a murderer before they murder in most cases.

Then you are admitting that we cannot let unabated immigration of people from known terrorist growing nations into the US.

jimmyz
08-01-2016, 01:37 PM
A statistical outlier...one that hasn't been repeated in fifteen years.

So are the gay nightclub massacre, San Bernadino, Ft. hood and so on. The common denominator is the religion and association with terrorist entities in known terrorist breeding grounds. So would it not make sense to seriously overhaul our immigration policy RE people from those countries adhering to Islam?

Chloe
08-01-2016, 01:47 PM
Then you are admitting that we cannot let unabated immigration of people from known terrorist growing nations into the US.

Uh no I'm not

Standing Wolf
08-01-2016, 02:13 PM

Sure. The same is true about guns. Right?

stjames1_53
08-01-2016, 02:39 PM
I do not assume that all men could rape me just as I won't assume all Muslims are terrorists.

Liberal extremism...I never said all mooslimbs are terrorists. That comes from you. Just like my statement about rape.
I'll stand by what I said, that if you were raped, you would never look at another man the way you did before. Obviously, you've never had a rape victim in your presence. Of course, you'd just make fun of them and call them paranoid...nothing finer than mocking rape, eh, princess?

stjames1_53
08-01-2016, 02:39 PM
Sure. The same is true about guns. Right?

ad hom...................
one has absolutely nothing to do with the other................

stjames1_53
08-01-2016, 02:40 PM
Uh no I'm not

well, you sure don't want to take the time to vet them properly...oh no, that would be racist

Chloe
08-01-2016, 07:13 PM
Liberal extremism...I never said all mooslimbs are terrorists. That comes from you. Just like my statement about rape.
I'll stand by what I said, that if you were raped, you would never look at another man the way you did before. Obviously, you've never had a rape victim in your presence. Of course, you'd just make fun of them and call them paranoid...nothing finer than mocking rape, eh, princess?

Do you even know what you're trying to argue for or against? Are you trying to say that if I don't view all men as potential rapists then it means I'd make fun of rape victims and call them paranoid? I don't ever want to be raped nor would I ever make fun of a rape victim, ever. I'm not even coming close to mocking rape with my comments. Where do you get this stuff from? All I said was that I don't see nor do I want to see all men as rapists or possible rapists. Is that too hard to comprehend?

Chloe
08-01-2016, 07:14 PM
well, you sure don't want to take the time to vet them properly...oh no, that would be racist

how do you vet someone that has no history that we can refer to to even vet? You're just assuming they are all terrorists.

Hal Jordan
08-01-2016, 07:55 PM
Do you even know what you're trying to argue for or against? Are you trying to say that if I don't view all men as potential rapists then it means I'd make fun of rape victims and call them paranoid? I don't ever want to be raped nor would I ever make fun of a rape victim, ever. I'm not even coming close to mocking rape with my comments. Where do you get this stuff from? All I said was that I don't see nor do I want to see all men as rapists or possible rapists. Is that too hard to comprehend?

For some people. yes, it is too hard to see.

Mac-7
08-01-2016, 07:57 PM
how do you vet someone that has no history that we can refer to to even vet? You're just assuming they are all terrorists.

Since yiu admit the muslims cant be vetted then it is prudent to assume the worst.

Chloe
08-01-2016, 08:00 PM
Since yiu admit the muslims cant be vetted then it is prudent to assume the worst.

No it's not, and that same mentality could be used to condemn or deny soon many other people of all different ethnicities, religions, and nationalities. It's dangerous, close minded, and contrary to what this country is about.

Hal Jordan
08-01-2016, 08:02 PM

You don't know all of the people walking down the street on any given day, so it's prudent to think they're all going to shoot you on the way to work.

Mac-7
08-01-2016, 08:13 PM
No it's not, and that same mentality could be used to condemn or deny soon many other people of all different ethnicities, religions, and nationalities. It's dangerous, close minded, and contrary to what this country is about.

Only one religion - islam - is waging a worldwide war of terror against non belivers.

try to find millions of crazed buddists who are cutting infidels heads off with dull, rusty knives.

you cant do it.

Mac-7
08-01-2016, 08:18 PM
You don't know all of the people walking down the street on any given day, so it's prudent to think they're all going to shoot you on the way to work.

There is a difference between legal residents/citizens or foreign muslims trying to enter the country.

But in a way I bet you and chloe do not trust strangers any more than I do since she has admitted the danger of being unaccompanied late at night.

or assuming you both lock your doors when not at home because you cannot blindly trust every stranger that may walk by.

Hal Jordan
08-01-2016, 08:21 PM
There is a difference between legal residents/citizens or foreign muslims trying to enter the country.

But in a way I bet you and chloe do not trust strangers any more than I do since she has admitted the danger of being unaccompanied late at noght.

or assuming you both lock your doors at night because you cannot blindly trust every stranger that may walk by.

Well, I have roommates that bitch if I forget to lock them. I've slept with the doors wide open, though.

Cthulhu
08-01-2016, 11:57 PM
In this instance, is best to simply not let them in if we can't get a verifiable background on them that hasn't been forged.

For the sole reason that the origin from whence they came has radically different values regarding the western world. Particularly regarding sex and the value of women.

Cthulhu
08-01-2016, 11:59 PM
Come on man...

99% of Americans have a paper trail. And just being born here and raised here does wonders for a set of ethics - despite the erosion of them in the last 40 years, they are still pretty good.

maineman
08-02-2016, 12:28 AM
Only one religion - islam - is waging a worldwide war of terror against non belivers.

try to find millions of crazed buddists who are cutting infidels heads off with dull, rusty knives.

you cant do it.

try to find millions of crazed MUSLIMS who are cutting infidels heads off with dull, rusty knives.

you cant do it.

Subdermal
08-02-2016, 12:38 AM
try to find millions of crazed MUSLIMS who are cutting infidels heads off with dull, rusty knives.

you cant do it.

Can he find millions of crazed Muslims who support violence?

maineman
08-02-2016, 12:42 AM

Move the fucking goalposts much, asshole?

I would imagine, that one in 500 buddhists might support violence in the right circumstances. What's your point. He made the statement obviously implying that millions of muslims are actively involved with cutting off heads. He's wrong.

And there are certainly millions of Americans who support violence, so what IS your fucking point?

Mac-7
08-02-2016, 01:00 AM

you cant do it.

Me personally?

Maybe not.

but there is no doubt that radical Islam numbers in the tens of millions to hundreds of millions worldwide.

Is there?

Mac-7
08-02-2016, 01:03 AM

I cant name them

that would be vetting and no one can do that - not even the FBI.

But we know they are out there.

stjames1_53
08-02-2016, 06:04 AM
Move the $#@!ing goalposts much, $#@!?

I would imagine, that one in 500 buddhists might support violence in the right circumstances. What's your point. He made the statement obviously implying that millions of muslims are actively involved with cutting off heads. He's wrong.

And there are certainly millions of Americans who support violence, so what IS your $#@!ing point?

since there are billions of Muslims, it's not to hard to believe the number of radical moooslims could number in the millions. 1% of 1.6 billion (1.6 million) are prone to extreme violence. the 1% is a conservative number, IMO.

maineman
08-02-2016, 06:38 AM
Me personally?

Maybe not.

but there is no doubt that radical Islam numbers in the tens of millions to hundreds of millions worldwide.

Is there?

yes. there is. do you have a link from non-partisan source that would suggest otherwise?

and you really ought to learn to write with a bit more precision. You clearly imply that millions of muslims ARE CUTTING people's head's off. That's obviously impossible and it is clearly inflammatory which tends to degrade to zero the value of most of your arguments.

Oboe
08-02-2016, 07:13 AM
yes. there is. do you have a link from non-partisan source that would suggest otherwise?

and you really ought to learn to write with a bit more precision. You clearly imply that millions of muslims ARE CUTTING people's head's off. That's obviously impossible and it is clearly inflammatory which tends to degrade to zero the value of most of your arguments.

Typical libtart bullshit. Attack the grammar. You turds get more shrill each day. Here is your candidate preparing to have lunch.

Tom Foolery
08-02-2016, 07:21 AM
Another problem with the analogy is that mushrooms don't have human and civil rights.

Oboe
08-02-2016, 07:26 AM
Don't worry. Soon the liberal asshats will propose that very thing. Some sweet young snowflake will claim she saw someone eating a mushroom and heard it beg for mercy. CNN and NYT will be all over it. Al Gore will claim that this is a side effect of global warming, and Obama will claim all we need to do to fix it is produce more homosexuals.

Tom Foolery
08-02-2016, 07:33 AM
Small price to pay for aptness.
Don't worry. Soon the liberal asshats will propose that very thing. Some sweet young snowflake will claim she saw someone eating a mushroom and heard beg for mercy. CNN and NYT will be all over it. Al Gore will claim that this is a side effect of global warming, and Obama will claim all we need to do to fix it is produce more homosexuals.

Mac-7
08-02-2016, 07:48 AM

You seem to believe that muslims who want to immigrate to America are entitled to the presumption of innocence unless I can prove they are planning to go crazy and kill people once they get here.

but that would be an insane assumption to make.

worldwide muslims are committing horrible acts of violence in the name of allah and that is an unacceptable risk to take when there is no compelling reason to bring more mudlims to America in the first place

Mac-7
08-02-2016, 07:54 AM
Move the $#@!ing goalposts much, $#@!?

And there are certainly millions of Americans who support violence, so what IS your $#@!ing point?

If you are a muslim and you contribute to a mosque that preaches jihad you are a dangerous person whether to personslly kill people or not.

we had an egyptian immigrant who murdered his too teenage daughters because they were assimilating into American culture and he didnt like it.

think about that

he murdered his own daughters in cold blood.

Why should we allow people like that to come to this country in the first place?

maineman
08-02-2016, 08:00 AM
If you are a muslim and you contribute to a mosque that preaches jihad you are a dangerous person whether to personslly kill people or not.

we had an egyptian immigrant who murdered his too teenage daughters because they were assimilating into American culture and he didnt like it.

think about that

he murdered his own daughters in cold blood.

Why should we allow people like that to come to this country in the first place?

so the next time that some deranged parent kills his or her children, we should toss their entire ethnic group from the country and block any more of them from entering? yeah... that makes sense.

Oh... but what if the parent is an anglo-saxon???? what then? my head explodes just contemplating it!

nathanbforrest45
08-02-2016, 08:00 AM

Heard an interview once about child molesters. The woman made a statement that caused the interviewer to ask, somewhat incredulously, do you think that all men are potential child abusers? The woman replied without hesitation and without any hint of hedging YES I do. So, if you are in a dark parking lot and someone is coming up behind you that you don't know (or maybe even if you do) and you don't entertain the idea they may be up to no good (either rape or robbery) then one day you will be a victim, make no mistake about that.

nathanbforrest45
08-02-2016, 08:01 AM

Just as I assume all wild mushrooms are poisonous.

nathanbforrest45
08-02-2016, 08:02 AM

Yes of course, this country is about allowing our enemies in the gates because we don't want to hurt their feelings. I get it.

maineman
08-02-2016, 08:02 AM
You seem to believe that muslims who want to immigrate to America are entitled to the presumption of innocence unless I can prove they are planning to go crazy and kill people once they get here.

but that would be an insane assumption to make.

worldwide muslims are committing horrible acts of violence in the name of allah and that is an unacceptable risk to take when there is no compelling reason to bring more mudlims to America in the first place

It makes lots of sensed to presume that any portion of the quarter of the world's population who are muslims wants to immigrate to America in order to go crazy and kill people? Sure. Go with that.

nathanbforrest45
08-02-2016, 08:05 AM
Another problem with the analogy is that mushrooms don't have human and civil rights.

You guys are idiots you know that.

Standing Wolf
08-02-2016, 08:08 AM
ad hom...................
one has absolutely nothing to do with the other................

Nothing even remotely "ad hom" about it. Learn what words and phrases mean before using them in a public forum - it saves a lot of embarrassment.

Mac made the statement that we'd all be a lot safer with fewer Muslims, and I questioned whether the same could be said about guns. Just as only a very small percentage of lawfully owned guns are ever used in any crime, so only a tiny fraction of Muslim immigrants are interested in bringing terrorism to our shores.

Common sense precautions and screening measures are a given; some of those refugees currently being brought here have been involved in the vetting process for three years. Practical, common sense precautions with regard to gun ownership are also a given. Sweeping, unnecessary, extremist measures are unnecessary in both cases.

Mac-7
08-02-2016, 08:13 AM
so the next time that some deranged parent kills his or her children, we should toss their entire ethnic group from the country and block any more of them from entering? yeah... that makes sense.

Oh... but what if the parent is an anglo-saxon???? what then? my head explodes just contemplating it!

If other ethnic groups or religions have a pattern of violence that muslims do I do not want more of them in this country either.

Why do we need more muslims?

maineman
08-02-2016, 08:16 AM
If other ethnic groups or religions have a pattern of violence that muslims do I do not want more of them in this country either.

Why do we need more muslims?

you don't think that anglo saxons kill more people in America than muslims do?

I'm sure that, back in the 1850's, folks were saying, "why do we need more Irishmen?" "why do we need more Swedes?"

God... your bigotry and hatred sicken me.

nathanbforrest45
08-02-2016, 08:17 AM

I'm sure that, back in the 1850's, folks were saying, "why do we need more Irishmen?" "why do we need more Swedes?"

Large numbers of Irishmen, Swedes or Italians did not come to this country for the singular purpose of causing terrorist attacks.

Common Sense
08-02-2016, 08:17 AM
Clearly we must ban all mushrooms.

nathanbforrest45
08-02-2016, 08:18 AM

Actually, as a percentage of the population Americans of African descent kill more people than Anglo Saxons do

nathanbforrest45
08-02-2016, 08:18 AM
Clearly we must ban all mushrooms.

Clearly you have absolutely no understanding of the meaning of my initial post.

Common Sense
08-02-2016, 08:19 AM
Large numbers of Irishmen, Swedes or Italians did not come to this country for the singular purpose of causing terrorist attacks.

Neither have muslims.

Trust me, if it was the late 1800's, you'd be complaining about the Catholic horde. There are always people like you. The subjects just change.

maineman
08-02-2016, 08:19 AM
Actually, as a percentage of the population Americans of African descent kill more people than Anglo Saxons do

and more than muslims do.

so.... is the solution to put them on ships and send them all back to Africa? Is it to ban immigration from an entire continent?

nathanbforrest45
08-02-2016, 08:20 AM
By the way I missed it yesterday but happy Civic/Provincial Day. Does everyone wear beaver tails in honor of the event?

Common Sense
08-02-2016, 08:20 AM
By the way I missed it yesterday but happy Civic/Provincial Day. Does everyone wear beaver tails in honor of the event?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/simcoe-day-canada-s-roots-in-slavery-and-the-historic-abolition-1.1303678

maineman
08-02-2016, 08:23 AM

I don't think you have the data to show that large numbers of muslims have come to our country for the singular purpose of causing terrorist attacks.

Regarding European immigrants, don't you think that some came with nefarious intent? Because a small gang of Swedish outlaws from Stockholm came to America in the mid-1800's for the purpose of fleecing their gullible fellow countrymen and stealing the possessions of Americans, should we have banned all Swedes?

nathanbforrest45
08-02-2016, 08:23 AM

so.... is the solution to put them on ships and send them all back to Africa? Is it to ban immigration from an entire continent?

In all honestly the greatest mistake this country ever made was to bring slaves into the country. A lot of our problems would have never occurred had we not done so. The riots and welfare debacle would in all likelihood would never happen. There would have still been a Civil War (a misnomer actually) but the aftermath would have been quite different in my opinion.

Those Africans who have immigrated into this country have become productive citizens and I certainly would not attempt to stop them, but they are not the descendants of slaves with a chip on their shoulder.

nathanbforrest45
08-02-2016, 08:27 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/simcoe-day-canada-s-roots-in-slavery-and-the-historic-abolition-1.1303678

Interesting. So when was slavery abolished in Canada? You do know that the importation of slaves was halted in the United States in 1812.

Mac-7
08-02-2016, 08:27 AM

This is not 1850 and the irish are not murdering innocent people all over the world the way muslims are.

muslims are not only killing Christains and hindus because of their religion but also godless euros.

And even other muslims as one faction battles with another faction.

and even kill their own children for becoming too American.

As for who sickens who you dont even live in this country so you are in no moral position to lecture those of us who do

nathanbforrest45
08-02-2016, 08:28 AM
I don't think you have the data to show that large numbers of muslims have come to our country for the singular purpose of causing terrorist attacks.

Regarding European immigrants, don't you think that some came with nefarious intent? Because a small gang of Swedish outlaws from Stockholm came to America in the mid-1800's for the purpose of fleecing their gullible fellow countrymen and stealing the possessions of Americans, should we have banned all Swedes?

Most of them, the Irish, the Italians, the Jews, etc preyed on their own people and did not as a rule attack nightclubs, office buildings, military post and general population areas.

Mac-7
08-02-2016, 08:35 AM

I never said all or even most muslims move here for the sole purpose of waging jihad against America.

that is your strawman not mine.

But in some cases just being average normal muslims is enough to cause problems and kill people as in the example of the muslim father that murdered his two teenage daughters.

or the 2nd generation muslim in california and florida who together killed over 60 people.

Mac-7
08-02-2016, 08:38 AM

You are really getting hysterical.

but that is to be expected when the facts are against you

nathanbforrest45
08-02-2016, 09:03 AM
Neither have muslims.

Trust me, if it was the late 1800's, you'd be complaining about the Catholic horde. There are always people like you. The subjects just change.

My grandparents came here from Sicily and were Catholics. I doubt that I would be complaining about the Catholic Hordes.

I am not complaining about anyone who comes to this country. I am very concerned about the number of Islamist who are not refugees but soldiers for the cause., Fifth Columnist if you will

stjames1_53
08-02-2016, 09:22 AM
It makes lots of sensed to presume that any portion of the quarter of the world's population who are muslims wants to immigrate to America in order to go crazy and kill people? Sure. Go with that.

can we name the last 7 mass killings that were done by jihadists?
Are you a Christian? BANG
Atheist? BANG
Let's go dancing BANG
Disarmed military base BANG
I sure bet you can add to that list...............
California *ahem* work place violence BANG
ya get the drift...............
I suppose YOU can tell how to tell them apart, so share that information with the rest of us

maineman
08-02-2016, 09:22 AM
My grandparents came here from Sicily and were Catholics. I doubt that I would be complaining about the Catholic Hordes.

I am not complaining about anyone who comes to this country. I am very concerned about the number of Islamist who are not refugees but soldiers for the cause., Fifth Columnist if you will

and what data do you have on the numbers of those that are coming for that purpose?

stjames1_53
08-02-2016, 09:24 AM

Bud, this ain't the 1800's................and they didn't come here with the intent of murder, just larceny

stjames1_53
08-02-2016, 09:26 AM
and what data do you have on the numbers of those that are coming for that purpose?

how many have been vetted? How many are going to be vetted when entering this country under Obama and Granny Cankles?
Since you've got an out-of-country residence, you'll run for Mehico if the SHTF..........gotcha

maineman
08-02-2016, 09:48 AM
or does your spider sense tell you that there are hordes of them and that's what you're going with?

Mac-7
08-02-2016, 10:04 AM

Thats the wrong question.

what proof do you have that they are 100% harmless?

maineman
08-02-2016, 10:06 AM
Thats the wrong question.

what proof do you have that they are 100% harmless?

so you would ban a quarter of the world's population for immigrating to the US because a very small percentage of them had radicalized views of their faith. Should Europe ban all American Christians because of the Westboro Baptist Church?

maineman
08-02-2016, 10:07 AM
should we ban all Germans because of a few neo-nazi skinheads?

stjames1_53
08-02-2016, 10:13 AM

stupid statements............these so-called skinheads were born here, they didn't apply for immigration............sheesh, anther goalpost move......
Bud, you're shot full of ad homs................fallacious arguments win nothing..............

Mac-7
08-02-2016, 10:15 AM
so you would ban a quarter of the world's population for immigrating to the US because a very small percentage of them had radicalized views of their faith. Should Europe ban all American Christians because of the Westboro Baptist Church?

I would ban all muslims till they get their act together.

as for the euros I really dont care what they do so stick to the subject.

maineman
08-02-2016, 10:41 AM
I would ban all muslims till they get their act together.

as for the euros I really dont care what they do so stick to the subject.

thank God you are not in charge.

nic34
08-02-2016, 10:47 AM

We should ban all stupid people because of a few intolerant and ignorant forum members....

Oboe
08-02-2016, 11:07 AM
We should ban all stupid people because of a few intolerant and ignorant forum members....

And liberals are the most intolerant of all. Every time you open your mouth you prove it.

Common Sense
08-02-2016, 11:29 AM

Even more ironic. Americans were complaining about your grandparents and their allegiance to Rome.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/19/Anti-Catholic_octopus_cartoon.jpg

http://www.extremecatholic.blogspot.com/images/nast-675x450.jpg

A portion of Americans have always been afraid of foreigners. Luckily for you, they weren't successful in keeping your grandparents out.

Oboe
08-02-2016, 11:35 AM
put a mushroom in the white house.

Chloe
08-02-2016, 03:20 PM
FYI there was a man walking behind me today. He didn't rob me, harass me, rape me, or kill me. All he did was walk past me and then open the door for me and then continue to walk behind me for a few more seconds after that until we went our two separate ways. I didn't feel fear before, during, or after. I guess I must condone rape and violence by not assuming the worst.

stjames1_53
08-02-2016, 06:56 PM
FYI there was a man walking behind me today. He didn't rob me, harass me, rape me, or kill me. All he did was walk past me and then open the door for me and then continue to walk behind me for a few more seconds after that until we went our two separate ways. I didn't feel fear before, during, or after. I guess I must condone rape and violence by not assuming the worst.

were not talking about your fears. I have lived three of your lifetimes with a few years left over. Until youihave seen Man at his absolute worst, you've seen nothing.
Ever been in combat? Ever have someone try to stick knife in you? Ever kill anyone?
You have nothing to compare to these experiences. You don't even come close.
I have been in 12 different countries. I have been in countries where martial law is the rule and criminal gangs run the streets at night.
I have helped deliver one of my own children. All of them are ten years or better to your junior.
What are you going to tell me what's right or wrong..........you deal from an age group of 15-25, most of whom still live at home, and you're going to criticize and correct me?
Boy you've got it all dead-assed wrong.

Chloe
08-02-2016, 07:03 PM
were not talking about your fears. I have lived three of your lifetimes with a few years left over. Until youihave seen Man at his absolute worst, you've seen nothing.
Ever been in combat? Ever have someone try to stick knife in you? Ever kill anyone?
You have nothing to compare to these experiences. You don't even come close.
I have been in 12 different countries. I have been in countries where martial law is the rule and criminal gangs run the streets at night.
I have helped deliver one of my own children. All of them are ten years or better to your junior.
What are you going to tell me what's right or wrong..........you deal from an age group of 15-25, most of whom still live at home, and you're going to criticize and correct me?
Boy you've got it all dead-assed wrong.

You lost your sense of humanity and sense of empathy somewhere in that past of yours. I pity you.

stjames1_53
08-03-2016, 04:47 AM
You lost your sense of humanity and sense of empathy somewhere in that past of yours. I pity you.

missy, you can take your pity and park it where the sun NEVER shines.
Humanity is a short seller and empathy on the scale you trying to sell is in small demand, today. These two things are being pedaled with no buyers.
Once you hit 60,and have the experience that I have, then come back and talk to me............until then, you're just another liberal stooge still living at home.
How much did you cost your parents last month?

Subdermal
08-03-2016, 08:58 AM

The fact that you posted this belies that you were thinking it during the event.

That argues against your claims, and for ours.

Chloe
08-03-2016, 09:01 AM
missy, you can take your pity and park it where the sun NEVER shines.
Humanity is a short seller and empathy on the scale you trying to sell is in small demand, today. These two things are being pedaled with no buyers.
Once you hit 60,and have the experience that I have, then come back and talk to me............until then, you're just another liberal stooge still living at home.
How much did you cost your parents last month?

You can keep making excuses but your lack of humanity and empathy for people is obvious and sad.

I've only been living back at home now for a few weeks while I transition into my new job and to give me time to find an apartment that I like. Kind of hard to commute three hours from where I was living and working to back in my hometown where my new job is at.

Chloe
08-03-2016, 09:02 AM
The fact that you posted this belies that you were thinking it during the event.

Yeah no

Hal Jordan
08-03-2016, 09:17 AM

No, it doesn't.

stjames1_53
08-03-2016, 10:01 AM
You can keep making excuses but your lack of humanity and empathy for people is obvious and sad.

I've only been living back at home now for a few weeks while I transition into my new job and to give me time to find an apartment that I like. Kind of hard to commute three hours from where I was living and working to back in my hometown where my new job is at.

you can toss all those words around without having any real life experience only belies a lower education value on your part....
it would appear that empathy is subjective, and only relies your brief experience with the real world.
Move four or five Muslims into your apartment and take another four or five illegal Mexicans while you're at it. Pay their way on your own. Cover everyone's expenses from start to finish, then talk to me about how humane you are and how empathetic you are..

Oboe
08-03-2016, 10:16 AM
you can toss all those words around without having any real life experience only belies a lower education value on your part....
it would appear that empathy is subjective, and only relies your brief experience with the real world.
Move four or five Muslims into your apartment and take another four or five illegal Mexicans while you're at it. Pay their way on your own. Cover everyone's expenses from start to finish, then talk to me about how humane you are and how empathetic you are..

Senorita!

donttread
08-03-2016, 11:38 AM

I think we need to stop short of banning imigration from one religion. We should however ban imigration from places known to be hostile towards us, or maybe all imigration for a while. Except Canadians, eh? We sure as hell shouldn't be bring refugees here.

Mac-7
08-03-2016, 11:45 AM
I think we need to stop short of banning imigration from one religion. We should however ban imigration from places known to be hostile towards us, or maybe all imigration for a while. Except Canadians, eh? We sure as hell shouldn't be bring refugees here.

End chain immigration for all ethnic groups.

and base the issuing of visas on the skill level and value of the applicant

Meaning an engineer may be given a green card along with his wife and children after a suitable waiting period.

but no grandparents, brothers, aunts, ect.

Bethere
08-03-2016, 04:09 PM

I would rather live next door to a randomly selected Muslim than a randomly selected republican.

donttread
08-03-2016, 04:27 PM
End chain immigration for all ethnic groups.

and base the issuing of visas on the skill level and value of the applicant

Meaning an engineer may be given a green card along with his wife and children after a suitable waiting period.

but no grandparents, brothers, aunts, ect.

We have plently of home grown Engineers.

Bethere
08-03-2016, 06:10 PM

What we really need are proud Americans who want to participate by paying their taxes.

Such people are easily found, and many of our Republican friends could be easily replaced.

Open the borders.

Chloe
08-03-2016, 06:23 PM
I would rather live next door to a randomly selected Muslim than a randomly selected republican.

Id live next to anybody as long as they were kind and respectful.

Mac-7
08-03-2016, 06:43 PM

Not plenty

a nation like ours can never have too many above average people