PDA

View Full Version : Seven Years Later, Recovery Remains the Weakest since 1949

Common
07-31-2016, 06:36 AM
Dont even try to say its not because of Obama and his total disinterest with the american economy and middleclass

Even seven years after the recession ended, the current stretch of economic gains has yielded less growth than much shorter business cycles.
In terms of average annual growth, the pace of this expansion has been by far the weakest of any since 1949. (And for which we have quarterly data.) The economy has grown at a 2.1% annual rate since the U.S. recovery began in mid-2009, according to gross-domestic-

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2016/07/29/seven-years-later-recovery-remains-the-weakest-of-the-post-world-war-ii-era/ (http://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-economy-grew-at-a-disappointing-1-2-in-2nd-quarter-1469795649)

Newpublius
07-31-2016, 07:09 AM
Dont even try to say its not because of Obama and his total disinterest with the american economy and middleclass

Even seven years after the recession ended, the current stretch of economic gains has yielded less growth than much shorter business cycles.
In terms of average annual growth, the pace of this expansion has been by far the weakest of any since 1949. (And for which we have quarterly data.) The economy has grown at a 2.1% annual rate since the U.S. recovery began in mid-2009, according to gross-domestic-

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2016/07/29/seven-years-later-recovery-remains-the-weakest-of-the-post-world-war-ii-era/ (http://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-economy-grew-at-a-disappointing-1-2-in-2nd-quarter-1469795649)

It's because of the government. I don't care who's running it or who's in Congress. When you sell trillions I'm bonds that represents money not invested elsewhere. The US government is making bad economic choices and is creating disincentive to produce. It's hanging on the American people like a weight on a sprinter. Government isn't the answer, it's the problem.

You can't have governments at all levels making nearly 40% of the economic decisions, decisions made by the likes of Paul Ryan and Harry Reed, not based on economic sanity, but rather based on making expenditures likely to ensure their continued reelection.

If you think that's going to work, you'really going to be sorely dusappointed.

From a macro perspective, we continue to accumulate debts, there's a natural consequence of that......we'really borrowing against our future.

DGUtley
07-31-2016, 08:21 AM
Wait. What happened to the summer of recovery.

Subdermal
07-31-2016, 09:00 AM
It's because of the government. I don't care who's running it or who's in Congress. When you sell trillions I'm bonds that represents money not invested elsewhere. The US government is making bad economic choices and is creating disincentive to produce. It's hanging on the American people like a weight on a sprinter. Government isn't the answer, it's the problem.

You can't have governments at all levels making nearly 40% of the economic decisions, decisions made by the likes of Paul Ryan and Harry Reed, not based on economic sanity, but rather based on making expenditures likely to ensure their continued reelection.

If you think that's going to work, you'really going to be sorely dusappointed.

From a macro perspective, we continue to accumulate debts, there's a natural consequence of that......we'really borrowing against our future.

Keynes himself said that if Government begins to comprise more than ~25% of GDP, Keynesianism will fail.

donttread
07-31-2016, 09:01 AM
Question: How weak does a "recovery " have to be before we call it a recession?

Subdermal
07-31-2016, 09:03 AM

The minute Trump takes office.

Peter1469
07-31-2016, 09:03 AM
Negative economic growth for two consecutive quarters.

Newpublius
07-31-2016, 10:58 AM
Keynes himself said that if Government begins to comprise more than ~25% of GDP, Keynesianism will fail.

Where is that quote/source/information? thanks

Doublejack
07-31-2016, 11:03 AM
It's a lengthy process repairing the damages caused by the GOP.

Common
07-31-2016, 11:04 AM

They will call it a recession in the media as soon as trump won if he does.

Common
07-31-2016, 11:06 AM
The truth is Obama did not one thing for economy or people that work. Hes even shoving a trade deal through that will finish them off.

Lets not forget the hundreds of millions in bailouts Obama gave away when he was first elected and told us that would cure the economy. What a pos he is

donttread
07-31-2016, 11:52 AM
Negative economic growth for two consecutive quarters.

Thanks. But I think it says a lot that few can feel this recovery" at all

Peter1469
07-31-2016, 11:55 AM
Thanks. But I think it says a lot that few can feel this recovery" at all

That is because it is flaccid. The "media" celebrates reports of 3% growth which later get downgraded to 2% while historic post-recession growth was over 6%.

The people don't know economic history. Public schools I suspect.