PDA

View Full Version : tPF Why Can't Hillary Clinton Stop Lying?

Peter1469
08-01-2016, 05:27 PM
Why Can't Hillary Clinton Stop Lying? (http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/08/why-hillary-clinton-keeps-lying/493841/)

I think she has lied so long and so often she can't help herself. It helps that most of the "media" is in the tank for her.

As an aside the next Wikileaks release will prove she lied to Congress about the weapons transfers from Libya to the rebels / ISIL in Syria.

Yet I’m not angry at Trump; I expect him to be repugnant. I am angry at Clinton, because she followed up her convention with another unnecessary lie; another excuse for people to distrust her; another thin reed upon which undecided voters could justify a belated allegiance to a man who former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg called “a dangerous demagogue.” (http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/07/bloombergs-case-against-trump/493367/)

On Sunday, the former secretary of state told (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/07/31/clintons-claim-that-the-fbi-director-said-her-email-answers-were-truthful/) FOX News’ Chris Wallace that FBI Director James Comey cleared her of misleading the public about her rogue email server at the state department: “Director Comey said my answers were truthful, and what I’ve said is consistent with what I have told the American people, that there were decisions discussed and made to classify retroactively certain of the emails.”

That’s wrong and she knows it, which makes it a lie.

“Clinton is cherry-picking statements by Comey to preserve her narrative about the unusual setup of a private email server,” wrote (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/07/31/clintons-claim-that-the-fbi-director-said-her-email-answers-were-truthful/) Washington Post fact-checker Glenn Kessler, who awarded Clinton the maximum four “Pinocchios” for her whopper.

“This allows her to skate past the more disturbing findings of the FBI investigation.”

Read here (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/07/31/clintons-claim-that-the-fbi-director-said-her-email-answers-were-truthful/) if you want to know about the FBI’s findings. In addition, her actions were an assault on the Freedom of Information Act and the hallowed concept of legislative oversight.

maineman
08-01-2016, 05:31 PM
Pete's like a broken record... it becomes almost like spam at some point... some point last month, actually.

Peter1469
08-01-2016, 05:34 PM
Pete's like a broken record... it becomes almost like spam at some point... some point last month, actually.

I didn't write the article. Ron Fornier did.

Oh, next time discuss the OP instead of diverting the topic.

AZ Jim
08-01-2016, 05:34 PM
Pete's like a broken record... it becomes almost like spam at some point... some point last month, actually.He reminds me off the cartoon of a little pond with a sign "quick sand stay clear". It shows a forearm sticking out of it flipping the finger. Two guys stand on the side and one says "Pete is just like he's always been defiant to the end".

maineman
08-01-2016, 05:37 PM
I didn't write the article. Ron Fornier did.

Oh, next time discuss the OP instead of diverting the topic.

It's like the Peter topic... and I, for one, am really tired of discussing it.

I'll leave this thread to the Hillary haters for a good old fashioned circle jerk. Just clean up afterwards, please.

Peter1469
08-01-2016, 05:40 PM
The topic is Hillary and her blatant lies which get a pass from the media.

Refugee
08-01-2016, 06:00 PM
You’re wasting your time Peter. People who believe in this sort of thing (http://obamamessiah.blogspot.ru/)are beyond hope. You say your piece and move on. You have to remember you’re often dealing at an almost childlike level here; many of these people have mental health problems (http://alt.society.liberalism.narkive.com/088PUeAq/psychiatrist-confirms-liberalism-is-a-mental-disorder-willful-failure-to-mature-beyond-adolescence), are gullible or indoctrinated and so it’s pointless hoping for a debate. Anything against Sanders or Hillary will bring them crawling out of the woodwork and all you’ll get are diversions, one liners and veiled personal attacks. :smiley:

Cigar
08-01-2016, 06:47 PM
Why Can't Hillary Clinton Stop Lying? (http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/08/why-hillary-clinton-keeps-lying/493841/)

I think she has lied so long and so often she can't help herself. It helps that most of the "media" is in the tank for her.

As an aside the next Wikileaks release will prove she lied to Congress about the weapons transfers from Libya to the rebels / ISIL in Syria.

Maybe it's the same reason why Trump can't stop Lying? :wink:

Refugee
08-01-2016, 07:27 PM
The topic is Hillary and her blatant lies which get a pass from the media.

My apologies and this certainly isn’t on topic, but something to think about?

When is the last time the one liner’s posted even a paragraph that approached sanity, or had anything to do with reality. Seriously, if I were admin, I’d get rid of half a dozen here without the slightest loss in content. I’m all for the tPF prefix, but it’s a shame it had to come to that to keep the thread disrupters, one liners and assorted collection of oddballs away from threads. Unfortunately, the dumbness seems to come from western liberals, because they’re on another fantasy wavelength from the rest of humanity.

I remember a time when people wrote articles, lengthy explanations, but that attracted the minority, who because they have nothing between their ears couldn’t handle that and went for disruption. Not only liberals, but come on, most here would vote for Mickey Mouse if it had a (D) in front of it. I recently put up a thread asking what Obama had done in eight years and the response was minimal. Many are so dumb they don’t even know what they’re voting for on a political forum. On another recent occasion, one poster complained that the Republicans hadn’t supported Obama. That was a classic. Duh! That’s the point of an opposing party, to oppose. All this certainly provides amusement, but it’s why I personally just post throwaway threads and posts and anything half decent, I go elsewhere to international sites. I don’t know whether that applies to others, but I suspect it does. Perhaps all this something for the mods to think about? :smiley:

Chloe
08-01-2016, 07:29 PM
Between Trump and Hillary their eventual post-presidential memoir will be located in the fiction section of the bookstore. I don't think either of them can tell the difference between truth and lie anymore.

Bethere
08-01-2016, 07:33 PM

Does that make pete, repeat?

BETHERE MADE A FUNNY!

Bethere
08-01-2016, 07:36 PM
My apologies and this certainly isn’t on topic, but something to think about?

When is the last time the one liner’s posted even a paragraph that approached sanity, or had anything to do with reality. Seriously, if I were admin, I’d get rid of half a dozen here without the slightest loss in content. I’m all for the tPF prefix, but it’s a shame it had to come to that to keep the thread disrupters, one liners and assorted collection of oddballs away from threads. Unfortunately, the dumbness seems to come from western liberals, because they’re on another fantasy wavelength from the rest of humanity.

I remember a time when people wrote articles, lengthy explanations, but that attracted the minority, who because they have nothing between their ears couldn’t handle that and went for disruption. Not only liberals, but come on, most here would vote for Mickey Mouse if it had a (D) in front of it. I recently put up a thread asking what Obama had done in eight years and the response was minimal. Many are so dumb they don’t even know what they’re voting for on a political forum. On another recent occasion, one poster complained that the Republicans hadn’t supported Obama. That was a classic. Duh! That’s the point of an opposing party, to oppose. All this certainly provides amusement, but it’s why I personally just post throwaway threads and posts and anything half decent, I go elsewhere to international sites. I don’t know whether that applies to others, but I suspect it does. Perhaps all this something for the mods to think about? :smiley:

You are right!

If mickey mouse were a Democrat I would vote for him over Trump every single time.

Chris
08-01-2016, 07:37 PM
Between Trump and Hillary their eventual post-presidential memoir will be located in the fiction section of the bookstore. I don't think either of them can tell the difference between truth and lie anymore.

Hey, wait a darn minute, let's not denigrate fiction. What those two do is more akin to propaganda.

Bethere
08-01-2016, 07:41 PM

I think not every case of not being factually correct is a lie.

These people speak all day everyday, it is unlikely they will make it without getting busted every now and again by politifact.

Having said that, trump apparently is politifact's liar of the year. They don't have enough time in their day to straighten out the record--use today as proof of that.

Thanks for listening.

Refugee
08-01-2016, 07:51 PM
Come on, as an example, can someone go through the history of Hillary and point out why she’s presidential material. Conversely, why Trump is a liar, Nazi and white supremacist, all terms used to describe him. Let’s see what responses we get and how many can differentiate between soundbites, fantasy and fact.

Refugee
08-01-2016, 08:34 PM
You see guys, I’m a bit of a traditionalist. I believe in old fashioned concepts, such as free speech and civility. If I don’t like what you say, I walk away and I just don’t vote for you. When I see images like these because someone is saying something I don’t like, I look first at what is being said and then at the people behind the violence. This isn’t America, it is not democracy and it’s not coming from Republicans. What this is showing the world and it is being shown around the world, is the depth of anger, violence and division Obama produced in eight short years. Flag burnings, anarchists, communists, radicals; Trump speaking brings them crawling out of the woodwork.

It isn’t hip, it isn’t cool and if your parents could see what you now support and what they fought and died to protect you from, you’d be ashamed of yourselves. Oh well, that’s my little rant over with, but think yourselves lucky you live in America, because in much of the rest of the world this behaviour would land you in hospital, followed by prison.

15531 15532 15533

The Xl
08-01-2016, 08:46 PM
This race is a race to the bottom. Trump at least is serving a useful purpose though, absolutely torching and exposing this corrupt joke of a political system.

Peter1469
08-02-2016, 04:45 AM

These people speak all day everyday, it is unlikely they will make it without getting busted every now and again by politifact.

Having said that, trump apparently is politifact's liar of the year. They don't have enough time in their day to straighten out the record--use today as proof of that.

Thanks for listening.

Washington Post campaigns for Hillary in their daily paper. Still they gave her 4 Pinocchios for her statements on Fox News Sunday.

Refugee
08-02-2016, 06:49 AM
I’ll make this short(ish), because I’m not prepared to waste too much time on an annonymous post to a largely unreceptive audience. Bye Jim and Maineman, but it’s inevitable anywhere outside your fantasy world. I’ll speak directly to liberals and it comes from a lifetime experience, not CNN and Hillary’s speeches.

It’s like this guys. You’re all Americans right? False. Your nationality is being taken from you and swopped with identity politics. This is a social engineering experiment, which has never happened before in the history of mankind and is being played out across the western world. When you’ve finished burning the flag, restricting free speech and beating up those that don’t agree with you, in other words, when you take away the previous consensus that held a society together, the only thing left is splintered cultural group identity.

You’re now a Muslim minority American, a Black Lives Matter American, a white supremicist American, a gay agenda American . . . and it’s your group identity that now holds you together. You didn’t dream this up, it was put into your heads by people a lot higher in the food chain and intellingence department than you’ll ever get.

What is being played out across America is the intentional opening of a Pandora’s Box of normalising the crazies. This does not resemble a consensus society, this is an experiment gone badly wrong. It is not the fault of China or Russia, or the Tea Party, or Trump; it occurred because you were too dumb to know what you were voting in. Dumbness and gullibility leading to indoctrination certainly plays a large part in this, but there are also signs in a few of what’s been referred to as neurosis, but I’d go further and call it a psychosis.

15540 15541 15542

Eventually and I’ll guarantee you this, down the line waits a massive crackdown as you begin to turn on each other, the Muslims start to attack the gays and feminists, the blacks attack the whites, left v right and the state steps in as was always intended. What you’re now witnessing is your liberal fantasy utopia before the reality of Obama’s broken society sets in.

I don’t make this stuff up as I go along and I don’t get it from speeches designed to fool the gullible. The majority of you don’t even know what you’re voting for, or what the people behind all this represent. It’s like a collection of liberal lemmings, each trying to outdo the other in stupidity, but it will backfire on you, I’ll guarantee it.

Oboe
08-02-2016, 06:55 AM
I read in the New York Times that Hillary always tells the truth.

Oboe
08-02-2016, 06:57 AM
I’ll make this short(ish), because I’m not prepared to waste too much time on an annonymous post to a largely unreceptive audience. Bye Jim and Maineman, but it’s inevitable anywhere outside your fantasy world. I’ll speak directly to liberals and it comes from a lifetime experience, not CNN and Hillary’s speeches.

It’s like this guys. You’re all Americans right? False. Your nationality is being taken from you and swopped with identity politics. This is a social engineering experiment, which has never happened before in the history of mankind and is being played out across the western world. When you’ve finished burning the flag, restricting free speech and beating up those that don’t agree with you, in other words, when you take away the previous consensus that held a society together, the only thing left is splintered cultural group identity.

You’re now a Muslim minority American, a Black Lives Matter American, a white supremicist American, a gay agenda American . . . and it’s your group identity that now holds you together. You didn’t dream this up, it was put into your heads by people a lot higher in the food chain and intellingence department than you’ll ever get.

What is being played out across America is the intentional opening of a Pandora’s Box of normalising the crazies. This does not resemble a consensus society, this is an experiment gone badly wrong. It is not the fault of China or Russia, or the Tea Party, or Trump; it occurred because you were too dumb to know what you were voting in. Dumbness and gullibility leading to indoctrination certainly plays a large part in this, but there are also signs in a few of what’s been referred to as neurosis, but I’d go further and call it a psychosis.

15540 15541 15542

Eventually and I’ll guarantee you this, down the line waits a massive crackdown as you begin to turn on each other, the Muslims start to attack the gays and feminists, the blacks attack the whites, left v right and the state steps in as was always intended. What you’re now witnessing is your liberal fantasy utopia before the reality of Obama’s broken society sets in.

I don’t make this stuff up as I go along and I don’t get it from speeches designed to fool the gullible. The majority of you don’t even know what you’re voting for, or what the people behind all this represent. It’s like a collection of liberal lemmings, each trying to outdo the other in stupidity, but it will backfire on you, I’ll guarantee it.

And these f***ing idiot libtards have their head so far up Clintons ass, they don't see a word you wrote.

DGUtley
08-02-2016, 07:27 AM
And these f***ing idiot libtards have their head so far up Clintons ass, they don't see a word you wrote.

It is truly sad. I wonder if the country will be here in 50 years. Will Californians vote to go back to Mexico? Will we split along ideological lines? Will the agenda-driven people force a war of some kind that will finally break up this country. I don't know. I'm Irish Italian and the first thing that my relatives did was learn the language to become American. Now, that's seen as a dirty word -- American. It makes me sick. The college kids protesting really don't bother me - been there /done that. The fact that the media and the Democrats are using the contrived grievances to gin up conflicts and divisiveness is disgusting. You can't come back from some of this.

Refugee
08-02-2016, 07:29 AM

I don’t expect them to, which is why I kept it on the short side. I just hope it might strike a chord with some of the more lucid ones. You know, sitting watching Hillary speeches and conventions is a lot different to the real world. I live and work under the system their ideas came from and hear the same kind of indoctrinated garbage on a daily basis. I just read some of the c**p and often think, you poor misguided people, but I suppose it’s something they have to learn the hard way. The shame is, everyone else will have to suffer too. Look at what happened in Venezuela, the same kind of people, with the same kind of ideas.

Oboe
08-02-2016, 07:30 AM
It is truly sad. I wonder if the country will be here in 50 years. Will Californians vote to go back to Mexico? Will we split along ideological lines? Will the agenda-driven people force a war of some kind that will finally break up this country. I don't know. I'm Irish Italian and the first thing that my relatives did was learn the language to become American. Now, that's seen as a dirty word -- American. It makes me sick. The college kids protesting really don't bother me - been there /done that. The fact that the media and the Democrats are using the contrived grievances to gin up conflicts and divisiveness is disgusting. You can't come back from some of this.

I doubt that country as we know it will survive another twenty years. There are far too many people who don't want to work and far too many stupid fools who keep on voting for losers that tighten the chains around them even more. Then, they go watch the game on TV.

Thank God and heredity I won't be here.

birddog
08-02-2016, 08:54 AM

The fact that Hillary got nominated shows how pathetic and despicable libtards are!

MisterVeritis
08-02-2016, 11:19 AM
It will come to war. We will have to defeat the democrats on the battlefield.

I wonder if this is what the nation was like in the two decades leading up to the civil war.

Refugee
08-02-2016, 05:06 PM
Poor Peter’s thread got trashed on this one. The word Hillary and the adjective ‘Lying’ attracted the crazies like a moth to a flame. Is dissent against Hillary now becoming the new ‘N’ word? Sad days for America.

Peter1469
08-02-2016, 05:08 PM
Poor Peter’s thread got trashed on this one. The word Hillary and the adjective ‘Lying’ attracted the crazies like a moth to a flame. Is dissent against Hillary now becoming the new ‘N’ word? Sad days for America.

Especially when it is established beyond a reasonable doubt that she did in fact lie on numerous occasions.

zelmo1234
08-02-2016, 05:09 PM

Thanks for listening.

Did they change the definition of a lie, and not tell Webster?

Bethere
08-02-2016, 05:15 PM
The fact that Hillary got nominated shows how pathetic and despicable libtards are!

Is there something wrong or funny about being retarded?

Isn't trump getting in trouble for making statements like yours?

Trump is unelectable because he represents his party so well.

Bethere
08-02-2016, 05:25 PM
It is truly sad. I wonder if the country will be here in 50 years. Will Californians vote to go back to Mexico..

Counselor:

Read Texas v White.

There is no mechanism for a state to unilaterally leave the union. There never was, and no state ever has.

Hotel California: You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Bethere
08-02-2016, 05:35 PM
It will come to war. We will have to defeat the democrats on the battlefield.

Bring it.

You versus me? I like our chances.

Oboe
08-02-2016, 05:43 PM
Bring it.

You versus me? I like our chances.

Bethere
08-02-2016, 05:45 PM
blah, blah, blah 15562

Refugee
08-02-2016, 10:00 PM
Especially when it is established beyond a reasonable doubt that she did in fact lie on numerous occasions.

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/67641-Hillary’s-attempt-to-disguise-her-email-incompetence-–-and-other-stuff