PDA

View Full Version : Bug Eyed Monsters and Liberals

nathanbforrest45
08-02-2016, 08:13 AM
When I was a young boy I was quite the fan of science fiction movies. In the mid 1950's the vast majority of these were of the Bug Eyed Monster (or BEM for short) variety. The BEM's would invade the earth and begin killing humans in order to take over the planet. There was always the common thread of the scientist (who of course knew everything and considered himself better and more "open minded" than the rest of the cast) who didn't want to kill the BEM but to befriend it. At some point in the movie, after extolling the rest of those being attacked we had to understand the BEM, he would go out in an attempt to make contact. Naturally, he was immediately squashed and eaten by the BEM.

The scientist of those films bore a strong resemblance to today's liberals who want to "coexist" with people who have a significant number of adherents who wish to kill us and take over the earth. And like the scientist of the sci fi movies of the 50's they too will be squashed and beheaded while the truly smart people of the world will wage the battles that must be waged.

Common Sense
08-02-2016, 08:17 AM
Cool, a thread that bashes scientists and the big bad scary foreigners in one. That's a twofer.

Safety
08-02-2016, 08:17 AM
A- for creative writing.

nathanbforrest45
08-02-2016, 08:48 AM
Thank you for your kind words. However, I must add that this thread is meant for thinking people, not the descendants of the squashed scientist.

Oboe
08-02-2016, 09:10 AM
Yep. Liberals are their own worst enemy, and the problem they have is that they are too ignorant to realize it. All the problems we have today are caused by liberal policies, and the idiot liberals keep begging for more.

Chloe
08-02-2016, 09:26 AM
So Muslims are poisonous mushrooms and liberals are scientists from a 1950's science fiction movie. Got it. May we have more awesome analogies please!?!?

Mac-7
08-02-2016, 09:29 AM
So Muslims are poisonous mushrooms and liberals are scientists from a 1950's science fiction movie. Got it. May we have more awesome analogies please!?!?

Not all muslims are poisonous.

But the bad ones look just like the others

Oboe
08-02-2016, 09:33 AM

Why do you ask for what you refuse to believe?

Crepitus
08-02-2016, 09:46 AM
When I was a young boy I was quite the fan of science fiction movies. In the mid 1950's the vast majority of these were of the Bug Eyed Monster (or BEM for short) variety. The BEM's would invade the earth and begin killing humans in order to take over the planet. There was always the common thread of the scientist (who of course knew everything and considered himself better and more "open minded" than the rest of the cast) who didn't want to kill the BEM but to befriend it. At some point in the movie, after extolling the rest of those being attacked we had to understand the BEM, he would go out in an attempt to make contact. Naturally, he was immediately squashed and eaten by the BEM.

The scientist of those films bore a strong resemblance to today's liberals who want to "coexist" with people who have a significant number of adherents who wish to kill us and take over the earth. And like the scientist of the sci fi movies of the 50's they too will be squashed and beheaded while the truly smart people of the world will wage the battles that must be waged.

del
08-02-2016, 09:46 AM
Why do you ask for what you refuse to believe?

because it's comedic gold, woody

decedent
08-02-2016, 12:26 PM

The fundamentalist Muslim movement started in Iran in the 70s as a reaction to the police state. A certain demagogue is proposing a new police state, with more police, walls, and bans. How do you think that will work out?

Oboe
08-02-2016, 12:51 PM
The fundamentalist Muslim movement started in Iran in the 70s as a reaction to the police state. A certain demagogue is proposing a new police state, with more police, walls, and bans. How do you think that will work out?

Well, since the liberals are going for Clinton, that must be what they want?

decedent
08-02-2016, 01:45 PM
Well, since the liberals are going for Clinton, that must be what they want?

You obviously missed an important vaccination.