PDA

View Full Version : Only 9% of sampled households gave an answer to pollsters in 2012:

coolwalker
10-01-2012, 03:23 PM
One of the most amazing — and significant — statistics of this election season has gone almost completely unnoticed:

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/09/30/we-are-the-91-only-9-of-americans-cooperate-with-pollsters/

Only 9%

MMC
10-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Yeah I was listening to them talk about it on the Radio. Which they were saying the reason was due to cell-phones. Which both parties want to be able to do. Send People texts messages and or be able to call ones Cell phone for the Survey.

Dems been upset as to the low margin for urban cities.

coolwalker
10-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Ah...the reason he's giving away free cell phones.

MMC
10-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Ah...the reson he's giving away free cell phones.

I think there is also something concerning Campaign laws. With the First Amendment and 4th Amendment which concern wiretapping, court orders etc etc. Tho technically Bush started the Cell phone thing. Which was suppose to be an Emergency Phone for like seniors and real destitute families. Course others found a way to play on it and next it was for welfare recipients etc etc.

Trinnity
10-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Obama is gonna lose...............

MMC
10-01-2012, 03:50 PM
So what do you think about all these polls CW since that it what the topic is on? Everyone is talking about how these polls were skewed. The guys that were doing the Study even ht it on the head when they said Rasmussen either hits it a big or misses big.

Plus they are talking about the Polls for the Senate, and as to how they compare with the Presidential polls. Which I think has nothing do with Obama winning or losing. Doncha think?

GrassrootsConservative
10-01-2012, 03:54 PM
That's why it's called a sample.

MMC
10-01-2012, 04:05 PM
But now also consider these newly released stats showing that distrust of the media has hit an all-time high, and most importantly that Republicans and independents are twice as likely to distrust the media as Democrats (http://www.gallup.com/poll/157589/distrust-media-hits-new-high.aspx):.....snip~

http://cdn.pjmedia.com/tatler/files/2012/09/galluptrust.gif

coolwalker
10-02-2012, 09:17 AM
The real poll is in the street. Do you see the enthusiam for Obama like before? No. Dems are disjointed this time and praying Obama doesn't flub the debates. I'm glad tomorrow is Wednesday. I'm all set with my Makers Mark by my chair.

Trinnity
10-02-2012, 09:43 AM
I'll be watching the debate too.

patrickt
10-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Since the media makes up numbers to support their candidate, what difference does it make? To paraphrase and update Mark Twain, "You have liars, damned liars, and liberal journalists."

Captain Obvious
10-02-2012, 05:38 PM
The decrease in polling responses has been a trend for a while, but I'm not sure of the impact on the accuracy of the poll.

It probably decreases the accuracy to the extent that now a specific segment of the population polled (those people who actually want to respond to polls) are responding and the key to understanding the outcomes of the sample would be understanding the demographics of this reduced segment of the population. And understanding the demographics of the segment that refuses to respond to polls.