PDA

View Full Version : Strategic Voting Plan for Leftists

IMPress Polly
08-02-2016, 02:23 PM
There seems to be some confusion concerning my earlier announcement that I'm voting for Jill Stein of the Green Party in November, so let's clear things up:

I believe in strategic voting and advocate a nuanced approach that will accomplish for progressive-minded people two objectives simultaneously. The following plan will 1) minimize Trump's chances of victory and 2) send a message to the Democratic Party concerning their need to pay the working people of this country some attention after election day.

The following states...

New Hampshire
Pennsylvania
Ohio
Wisconsin
Iowa
Virginia
North Carolina
Florida
Colorado
Nevada

...are swing states. Voters there should vote for Hillary Clinton in order to minimize Trump's electoral vote (the one that counts). All other progressive-minded people should vote for Stein, given that their vote will not change the outcome in their states. That's the nuanced approach to this election I'm advocating.

Peter1469
08-02-2016, 02:29 PM
My state, VA is a swing state.

Green Arrow
08-02-2016, 04:17 PM
It's an approach I can agree with.

maineman
08-02-2016, 04:24 PM
and the way that Maine distributes its electoral votes, I would suggest that progressive leftists in Northern Maine's second congressional district also hold their nose and vote for Hillary. The ones in the first district could vote for Stein and not move that district - or the state overall - out of Clinton's win column.

IMPress Polly
08-03-2016, 05:27 AM
Frankly, if Clinton's opponent were a normal Republican candidate like a Jeb Bush or a Marco Rubio type, for example, than I'd say screw it, there's not enough difference between the major parties to merit supporting the Democrat under any circumstances. It's specifically the fact that Trump is the alternative that motivates me to advocate for the nuanced approach highlighted in the OP. To equate Clinton with Trump is just a false equivalency. Neither may exactly be a progressive, but one is definitely far worse than the other nonetheless. Still, the Democrats clearly need some help when it comes to understanding the working people of this country.