PDA

View Full Version : The Five-Finger Prayer -- A Joke

Chris
10-01-2012, 07:50 PM
OK, I post this at the risk I suppose of offending some, but please take it in the spirit intended. It was told me today at lunch by a coworker who saw it in Sunday school. He thought it funny.

There's this Five Finger Prayer, I'm sure some of you know. And as you go through it you raise each finger together. Apparently the young teacher forgot that part.

"You will notice that the closest finger to you is the thumb. Since it is the closest to you, the thumb reminds you to pray for those that are closest to you. Pray for your parents and your brothers or sisters." So the kids raised their thumbs. Everyone was pleased.

"The next finger is called your index finger. It is used for pointing. Let this finger remind you to pray for those that point you in the right direction. Pray for your teachers at school, your Sunday School teacher, and your pastor." One little boy stood up delighted he was learning something, and raised a single index finger.

You can probably see where this is going. The teacher said "The next finger is the tallest finger. This finger reminds us to pray for our leaders. Pray for the president and other leaders in our government...." And the boy proudly did so.

oceanloverOH
10-01-2012, 07:58 PM
OK, I post this at the risk I suppose of offending some, but please take it in the spirit intended. It was told me today at lunch by a coworker who saw it in Sunday school. He thought it funny.

There's this Five Finger Prayer, I'm sure some of you know. And as you go through it you raise each finger together. Apparently the young teacher forgot that part.

"You will notice that the closest finger to you is the thumb. Since it is the closest to you, the thumb reminds you to pray for those that are closest to you. Pray for your parents and your brothers or sisters." So the kids raised their thumbs. Everyone was pleased.

"The next finger is called your index finger. It is used for pointing. Let this finger remind you to pray for those that point you in the right direction. Pray for your teachers at school, your Sunday School teacher, and your pastor." One little boy stood up delighted he was learning something, and raised a single index finger.

You can probably see where this is going. The teacher said "The next finger is the tallest finger. This finger reminds us to pray for our leaders. Pray for the president and other leaders in our government...." And the boy proudly did so.

I pray for Obama every time one of his ad campaigns comes on TV, or yet another Obama campaigner calls my phone, begging for my vote. Who knew?

Deadwood
10-01-2012, 08:06 PM

That's racist!

No, wait....

That's sexist!

No, wait..

That's anti gay....

No wait....

That is funny....

Deadwood
10-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Here's to you, Mr. Obama.....

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4659713846805418&pid=1.1

You make praying FUN Mr. President! A lot better than all those Hail Mary's those sadistic nuns made me say...

wait...I'm recovered now...

I am

Really, I am.

Deadwood
10-01-2012, 08:17 PM
I pray for Obama every time one of his ad campaigns comes on TV, or yet another Obama campaigner calls my phone, begging for my vote. Who knew?

For some reason I get emails from Nancy Pelosi's office asking for donations.

I send them long rambling replies...they haven't figured out I'm in Canada and am not going to tell them....
But I always get a thank you....

I sent them the Hunter S. Thompson piece which you have read....too bad it won't post here...

wait....maybe I can put it in sections...