PDA

View Full Version : Republicans think Trump might quit — so they’re scrambling to find a replacement

Cigar
08-03-2016, 10:15 AM
Republican officials are so angry at Donald Trump and his imploding campaign that they’re considering replacing him at the top of the ticket just two weeks after nominating him.

The GOP nominee angered party officials by refusing to endorse House Speaker Paul Ryan and Sen. John McCain in their primary races, repeatedly insulting a Gold Star family, joking about receiving a Purple Heart and removing a noisy baby from a campaign rally — all in about four hours Tuesday afternoon.

Jon Karl, the chief White House correspondent for ABC News, reported Wednesday morning that Republican officials were scrambling to plan for the possibility that Trump might suddenly quit the presidential race.

“This is absolutely unprecedented,” Karl reported. “First of all, I am told RNC chairman Reince Priebus is furious, that he has had multiple discussions with Trump telling him he needs to drastically change course. But here’s the news, I am told senior officials at the party are actively exploring what would happen if Trump dropped out, how to replace him on the ballot.”

https://youtu.be/breqTUVApNE

Oboe
08-03-2016, 10:45 AM
The republicans engaging in this, if it's even true, are no better then the democrat scum. It's just another media hit on Trump. If he wins, the media and all it's ass kissing politicians lose, and the American people win. Can't have that, can we?

Cigar
08-03-2016, 10:47 AM
The republicans engaging in this, if it's even true, are no better then the democrat scum. It's just another media hit on Trump. If he wins, the media and all it's ass kissing politicians lose, and the American people win. Can't have that, can we?

Read My Lips: Donald J Trump will NEVER be President ofThe United States

TrueBlue
08-03-2016, 10:58 AM
Imho, the problem with Trump, obviously, is that he is too rich, immensely wealthy to care about what he says. His big mouth has gotten him into trouble but he must feel that he can do that and say whatever he wants about people and be able to get away with it. That may have been the case in the not too distant past. But now the GOP is nearly bent out of shape as to what to do with Trump and the things that he continues to say. They should have realized that long before his receiving their nomination. Now, right-wingers are scrambling to find out what they can do to ameliorate this on-going problem. It may now be too late for anything as I don't see Trump relinquishing his nomination to anyone else at this point.

OGIS
08-03-2016, 11:08 AM
Responsible liberals should organize to be able to quickly get suicide watches in place, should The Donald decide to quit the race. It's the only humane thing to do.

Mac-7
08-03-2016, 11:40 AM
If forced to choose between trump and the career politicians I'll go wth trump

donttread
08-03-2016, 11:44 AM
Republican officials are so angry at Donald Trump and his imploding campaign that they’re considering replacing him at the top of the ticket just two weeks after nominating him.

The GOP nominee angered party officials by refusing to endorse House Speaker Paul Ryan and Sen. John McCain in their primary races, repeatedly insulting a Gold Star family, joking about receiving a Purple Heart and removing a noisy baby from a campaign rally — all in about four hours Tuesday afternoon.

Jon Karl, the chief White House correspondent for ABC News, reported Wednesday morning that Republican officials were scrambling to plan for the possibility that Trump might suddenly quit the presidential race.

“This is absolutely unprecedented,” Karl reported. “First of all, I am told RNC chairman Reince Priebus is furious, that he has had multiple discussions with Trump telling him he needs to drastically change course. But here’s the news, I am told senior officials at the party are actively exploring what would happen if Trump dropped out, how to replace him on the ballot.”

https://youtu.be/breqTUVApNE

I never thought he was that serious . I think he's as stunned as anyone that he got nominated

donttread
08-03-2016, 11:45 AM
I never thought he was that serious . I think he's as stunned as anyone that he got nominated

He he does quit I hope they nominate Rand Paul

The Xl
08-03-2016, 11:46 AM
Doubt he quits. His reputation has been slandered already anyway, might as well be all in.

Mac-7
08-03-2016, 11:47 AM
Doubt he quits. His reputation has been slandered already anyway, might as well be all in.

Why quit when he could win?

AZ Jim
08-03-2016, 12:17 PM
Morning Joe Scarborough who has been a huge cheerleader for Trump, this morning said, "He has to go, he needs to be removed".

birddog
08-03-2016, 12:38 PM
Morning Joe Scarborough who has been a huge cheerleader for Trump, this morning said, "He has to go, he needs to be removed".

Joe is a sold out joke. Sitting next to the Butch liberal for years has poisoned him. Few republicans pay any attention to him.

Bo-4
08-03-2016, 01:01 PM
As with everything else about Trump - this has a price tag.

I believe he said that two billion was his.

RNC will negotiate that down to a billion - and it'll be a bargain.

AZ Jim
08-03-2016, 01:06 PM
Joe is a sold out joke. Sitting next to the Butch liberal for years has poisoned him. Few republicans pay any attention to him.uh huh! *eyes glaze over*

OGIS
08-03-2016, 01:11 PM

Ouch.

Joe is a sold out joke.

You had better alert all the advertisers and network execs who foolishly keep him on. You'll save them millions.

Sitting next to the Butch liberal for years has poisoned him.

So just being next to a liberal (particularly a butch one) poisons you? Good to know.

Few republicans pay any attention to him.

Citation, please.