PDA

View Full Version : Now the Trump kids are getting a smackdown

Cigar
08-03-2016, 11:06 AM
Megyn Kelly Responds to Eric Trump's Defense of His Father's Sexual Harassment Remarks with a 'Sigh'

Megyn Kelly is once again tangoing with Trump – but not the one you'd assume.

Responding to Republican Presidential nominee Donald Trump's son Eric Trump's comments about sexual harassment on CBS This Morning, Kelly reacted with a simple "sigh."

During the Tuesday interview, Eric defended his father's remarks to USA Today about Fox chief Roger Ailes stepping down in the wake of sexual harassment allegations from Gretchen Carlson. The elder Trump told USA Today that he thought daughter Ivanka Trump would "find another career of find another company" if she was harassed at work.

"There is no question that that should obviously be addressed, and it should be addressed strongly ... that is an absolute no-go anywhere, and that's very much the case," Eric said of Donald's comment. "I think what he’s saying is, Ivanka is a strong, powerful woman, she wouldn't allow herself to be objected to it, and by the way, you should take it up with Human Resources." He added that he thought his sister wouldn't "be subjected to that.

"http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/megyn-kelly-responds-to-eric-trumps-defense-of-his-fathers-sexual-harassment-remarks-with-a-sigh/ar-BBvaGRY

I guess the implication from Trump was that Megyn Kelly was totally cool with Roger Ailes' advances, which is why she tolerated it. :rollseyes:

FindersKeepers
08-03-2016, 11:13 AM
I agree in essence with Eric's ideas.

When my daughter got her first job and a co-worker flirted, she was fit to be tied. How dare he? She was ready to file a complaint.

I told her that if she was going to survive in the world, she needed to develop a thicker skin. I explained that if she was uncomfortable in a job -- she should seek other employment. She went back and things worked out. Now, she's in law enforcement and the things she hears absolutely make my skin crawl, but she toughened up.

This world isn't for perpetual victims. Sometimes the best lesson a parent can teach a child is to work out their problems for themselves instead of whining.

Eric thinks his sister is also tough, and, from what I've seen, she is.

There's nothing whatsoever wrong with that.

Oboe
08-03-2016, 11:15 AM
More media trashing. Our media is scum.

Chloe
08-03-2016, 11:16 AM
Sexual harassment is sexual harrassment. It doesn't matter if you are strong or weak, big or small, attractive or not attractive, male or female.

hanger4
08-03-2016, 11:25 AM
Megyn Kelly Responds to Eric Trump's Defense of His Father's Sexual Harassment Remarks with a 'Sigh'

Responding to Republican Presidential nominee Donald Trump's son Eric Trump's comments about sexual harassment on CBS This Morning, Kelly reacted with a simple "sigh."

During the Tuesday interview, Eric defended his father's remarks to USA Today about Fox chief Roger Ailes stepping down in the wake of sexual harassment allegations from Gretchen Carlson. The elder Trump told USA Today that he thought daughter Ivanka Trump would "find another career of find another company" if she was harassed at work.

"There is no question that that should obviously be addressed, and it should be addressed strongly ... that is an absolute no-go anywhere, and that's very much the case," Eric said of Donald's comment. "I think what he’s saying is, Ivanka is a strong, powerful woman, she wouldn't allow herself to be objected to it, and by the way, you should take it up with Human Resources." He added that he thought his sister wouldn't "be subjected to that.

"http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/megyn-kelly-responds-to-eric-trumps-defense-of-his-fathers-sexual-harassment-remarks-with-a-sigh/ar-BBvaGRY

I guess the implication from Trump was that Megyn Kelly was totally cool with Roger Ailes' advances, which is why she tolerated it. :rollseyes:

For about 10 years she was silent.

Cigar
08-03-2016, 11:25 AM

When my daughter got her first job and a co-worker flirted, she was fit to be tied. How dare he? She was ready to file a complaint.

I told her that if she was going to survive in the world, she needed to develop a thicker skin. I explained that if she was uncomfortable in a job -- she should seek other employment. She went back and things worked out. Now, she's in law enforcement and the things she hears absolutely make my skin crawl, but she toughened up.

This world isn't for perpetual victims. Sometimes the best lesson a parent can teach a child is to work out their problems for themselves instead of whining.

F'ck that ... :angry: it's that type of thinking that keeps Ass-Holes like Roger Ailes Employed

BTW ... what if you like your Job but the Molester in charge is preventing you from doing your Job.

IT's not about toughing it out ... it's about Right and Wrong and Law and Order ... or can't you remember that?

Cigar
08-03-2016, 11:26 AM
Sexual harassment is sexual harrassment. It doesn't matter if you are strong or weak, big or small, attractive or not attractive, male or female.

I'd bet they'd think different if it was their daughters, Wife or Mothers ... or maybe they would still not give a sh!t.

hanger4
08-03-2016, 11:30 AM

Nobody's condoning what Ailes did. Eric Trump, in a backhanded way, chastised Kelly for waiting so long to report/acknowledge the harassment.

Safety
08-03-2016, 11:30 AM
Where is the strong condemnation for "slick willy" Clinton?

Cigar
08-03-2016, 11:33 AM

Well that's different, he's a Democrat :laugh:

hanger4
08-03-2016, 11:33 AM
I'd bet they'd think different if it was their daughters, Wife or Mothers ... or maybe they would still not give a sh!t.

My wife and daughters would report it immediately.

hanger4
08-03-2016, 11:39 AM

That would need to come from you/left. I don't recall anybody defending Ailes.

Cletus
08-03-2016, 11:43 AM

The term "sexual harassment" has become so broad and all encompassing that it is really meaningless these days. True sexual harassment is wrong and should be dealt with accordingly, but most of what people today whine about doesn't qualify.

Safety
08-03-2016, 12:13 PM
That would need to come from you/left. I don't recall anybody defending Ailes.

You obviously read what you wanted to read in my comment.

hanger4
08-03-2016, 12:53 PM
You obviously read what you wanted to read in my comment.

With your history as Hypocrisy Sergeant I assumed.

IMPress Polly
08-03-2016, 01:06 PM
I just wanted to highlight this...

Chloe wrote:

...because it's the only intelligent (or caring) post on this thread. The rest are preposterous attempts to rationalize at least 25 different cases of sexual harassment by an employer, including one particularly disgusting case that frankly went far, far beyond just harassment into more like two decades of psychological abuse territory (http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/07/fmr-fox-booker-harassed-by-ailes-for-20-years.html?mid=twitter_cut) just because your horrendous candidate for president naturally sides with the predator, like usual. He always does. (Well unless it's a political rival like Bill Clinton. But otherwise.) Mike Tyson. Rodger Ailes. Himself frankly. And we could go on for a long time. It is clear though that you (most members of this message board) would literally say anything to defend Trump and his ilk from any criticism. Joining the defense of Rodger Ailes falls into the "anything" category.

And no, I'm not one of these Bill Clinton apologists who thinks his cases were okay. They weren't! He deserved at least what he got in connection to the Monica Lewinski case in my view, and not simply for perjury. Pawn that self-justification off on someone else! The point here is that the former head of America's largest news enterprise is a career-long sexual predator who should be paying a serious legal price for his actions, not walking free.

Chloe
08-03-2016, 01:10 PM
Nobody's condoning what Ailes did. Eric Trump, in a backhanded way, chastised Kelly for waiting so long to report/acknowledge the harassment.

No he was simply saying that Ivanka is too strong to be sexually harassed which implies that weak women get sexually harassed. Either way she was harassed, which is wrong no matter how long it takes to mention it to someone else.

Chloe
08-03-2016, 01:12 PM
The term "sexual harassment" has become so broad and all encompassing that it is really meaningless these days. True sexual harassment is wrong and should be dealt with accordingly, but most of what people today whine about doesn't qualify.

Just because you don't think it is or want it to be harassment doesnt mean that it's not.

Safety
08-03-2016, 01:12 PM
With your history as Hypocrisy Sergeant I assumed.

You know what happens when you do that....

Cletus
08-03-2016, 01:14 PM
Just because you don't think it is or want it to be harassment doesnt mean that it's not.

Oh, nonsense.

Some women will claim sexual harassment because an employer or fellow employee asks them out. there are so many bogus sexual harassment claims out there that some of the valid ones get buried in the bullshit.

Cletus
08-03-2016, 01:15 PM

Just because you think it is or want it be doesn't mean it is.

Chloe
08-03-2016, 01:17 PM
Oh, nonsense.

Some women will claim sexual harassment because an employer or fellow employee asks them out. there are so many bogus sexual harassment claims out there that some of the valid ones get buried in the bullshit.

And many of those women that are asked out by that guy have told him no several times. If I were at work and a guy kept flirting or asking me out that would be harassment. If he asked me out one time and I said no and that was that then great, but id be willing to bet that many of those incidences stem from repetitive actions from that guy, or even girl sometimes.

Chloe
08-03-2016, 01:18 PM
Just because you think it is or want it be doesn't mean it is.

If your actions or words make me uncomfortable at my job then I should not be ignored. You should have the self control to stay professional in the workplace.

Mac-7
08-03-2016, 01:20 PM

Megyn who?

Chloe
08-03-2016, 01:21 PM
Also an employer should never ask out an employee that reports to him or her.

IMPress Polly
08-03-2016, 01:38 PM
Chloe wrote:
No he was simply saying that Ivanka is too strong to be sexually harassed which implies that weak women get sexually harassed. Either way she was harassed, which is wrong no matter how long it takes to mention it to someone else.

At least in essence, this is correct. The whole truth of what Eric Trump's position implies is that sexual harassment at work should be legal and that anyone who disagrees is just being a victim. That's the heart of it.

The reason the victims don't always report these things in a timely manner (or necessarily at all) is because...well just look at what all these women have had to endure already just since reporting on Ailes's behavior! They're getting treated a lot worse than Ailes himself by most measures! There are far fewer defenders on their side. That's a macro-scale example what happens to you when you report sexual harassment: you get a lot more of it, to say of your character impugned by exponentially more people than you know. Along with threats. And maybe violence. That is what patriarchy looks like in action. It's not even close to fair.

The truth is that it takes far more audacity to challenge this system and report it (preferably to the police rather than to the company propaganda department that's guaranteed to do nothing about it (or maybe fire you for complaining)) than it does to simply run away and hope for better luck in the future. It's also a lot more heroic, considering that your actions may help a whole lot more people than just yourself. But it is a sacrifice, not something people do because they're thin-skinned, and that's where I really agree with you!

Cletus wrote:
Oh, nonsense.

Some women will claim sexual harassment because an employer or fellow employee asks them out. there are so many bogus sexual harassment claims out there that some of the valid ones get buried in the bull$#@!.

How about this particularly "interesting" case, Cletus (http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/07/fmr-fox-booker-harassed-by-ailes-for-20-years.html?mid=twitter_cut). Why don't read the details for yourself and decide. I dare you try and claim that that's a non-offense!

It's both easy and conveniently self-serving for men to say stupid things like the above given that, statistically speaking, they're a lot more likely to be the predators than the victims of this kind of behavior. Every woman with a job will experience it though at one point or another, and I guarantee you it is not okay!

FindersKeepers
08-03-2016, 01:48 PM
F'ck that ... :angry: it's that type of thinking that keeps Ass-Holes like Roger Ailes Employed

BTW ... what if you like your Job but the Molester in charge is preventing you from doing your Job.

IT's not about toughing it out ... it's about Right and Wrong and Law and Order ... or can't you remember that?

Maybe you missed the part where I said my daughter was "flirted with." She wasn't sexually harassed.

The problem is, girls today don't know what constitutes true harassment. Her coworker said she was pretty and asked her out. She thought the world was going to end.

You're talking about a "molester" which is a very different thing.

Here's the problem, and, since you're a male, perhaps you like the idea that women are wilting little flowers in need of constant protection, but thank gawd the suffragettes didn't think that way.

This is going to come as a surprise to you but not all women are walking around in fear that a man will say something to them. Most of them, in fact, are quite capable and confident in shutting down unwanted attention.

Cletus
08-03-2016, 01:51 PM
If your actions or words make me uncomfortable at my job then I should not be ignored. You should have the self control to stay professional in the workplace.

The world is not all about you.

Cletus
08-03-2016, 01:54 PM
And many of those women that are asked out by that guy have told him no several times. If I were at work and a guy kept flirting or asking me out that would be harassment. If he asked me out one time and I said no and that was that then great, but id be willing to bet that many of those incidences stem from repetitive actions from that guy, or even girl sometimes.

If he does not try to use his position to coerce her, it probably does not fall into the category of "sexual harassment".

FindersKeepers
08-03-2016, 01:54 PM
How about this particularly "interesting" case, Cletus (http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/07/fmr-fox-booker-harassed-by-ailes-for-20-years.html?mid=twitter_cut). Why don't read the details for yourself and decide. I dare you try and claim that that's a non-offense!

It's both easy and conveniently self-serving for men to say stupid things like the above given that, statistically speaking, they're a lot more likely to be the predators than the victims of this kind of behavior. Every woman with a job will experience it though at one point or another, and I guarantee you it is not okay!

Cletus specifically said that true sexual harassment was wrong.

There's a bigger underlying problem here that many are refusing to address.

By not encouraging women to stick up for themselves, society is putting them in the position of being easy targets.

You're right in that there is harassment out there - but why not give women the tools to defend themselves? Why not teach them how to stand up for themselves FROM THE START, to keep small incidents from growing into larger problems?

When I hear of a woman who has been harassed for years, I suspect there is a bigger problem than her simply being an innocent victim. There's a reason a male thinks he can harass. It NEVER should have gotten that far.

It's not easy to shut down unwanted attentions, especially for women who are often brought up to make everyone feel happy, but we're cheating our young women if we deny them the means for accomplishing this.

Cletus
08-03-2016, 01:57 PM
At least in essence, this is correct. The whole truth of what Eric Trump's position implies is that sexual harassment at work should be legal and that anyone who disagrees is just being a victim. That's the heart of it.

The reason the victims don't always report these things in a timely manner (or necessarily at all) is because...well just look at what all these women have had to endure already just since reporting on Ailes's behavior! They're getting treated a lot worse than Ailes himself by most measures! There are far fewer defenders on their side. That's a macro-scale example what happens to you when you report sexual harassment: you get a lot more of it, to say of your character impugned by exponentially more people than you know. Along with threats. And maybe violence. That is what patriarchy looks like in action. It's not even close to fair.

The truth is that it takes far more audacity to challenge this system and report it (preferably to the police rather than to the company propaganda department that's guaranteed to do nothing about it (or maybe fire you for complaining)) than it does to simply run away and hope for better luck in the future. It's also a lot more heroic, considering that your actions may help a whole lot more people than just yourself. But it is a sacrifice, not something people do because they're thin-skinned, and that's where I really agree with you!

Polly, I make a point of dismissing just about everything you have to say just as a matter of course. You are a professional whiner.

IMPress Polly
08-03-2016, 01:59 PM
FindersKeepers wrote:
By not encouraging women to stick up for themselves, society is putting them in the position of being easy targets.

Don't you see that you're just turning reality on its head? Reporting it is standing up for yourself! Running away and hoping for better luck at you next place of employment (not likely) is the easier way out where one endures far less scorn.

Cletus wrote:
Polly, I make a point of dismissing just about everything you have to say just as a matter of course. You are a professional whiner.

Whatever. Go fuck yourself.

Cletus
08-03-2016, 02:06 PM

I am sure it would be preferable to spending an evening with you.

FindersKeepers
08-03-2016, 02:06 PM

The law is more clear than one might suspect.

...the Ninth Circuit made it clear it does not consider all romantic overtures, or even all sexual propositions, to constitute unlawful sexual harassment.

People spend most of their waking hours with other people at their workplaces, so that is where many meet and begin social relationships, and someone has to make the first overture. Some people have more social finesse than others, and many might suggest coffee or a trip to an art exhibition rather than sex, but mere awkwardness is insufficient to establish the “severe or pervasive” element.
Directly propositioning a co-worker to have sex might be incredibly cheeky and against company policy (it could get a person fired), but it does not violate Title VII.
http://www.kitchinlegal.com/crossing-the-line-the-ninth-circuits-guidelines-for-flirting-at-work/

Just because something someone SAYS makes you uncomfortable, does not mean that person is guilty of sexual harassment. That's where too many young women make an error in judgement these days.

When I was a lifeguard, the comments I'd get from older male swimmers could be quite suggestive. But, I loved my job (it was my first job) and I learned how to warn them, if they persisted, that if they weren't there to swim -- I'd have them escorted out. I had to carry through on that threat a few times but it put the power back in my hands.

At the end of the day -- no one wants to feel powerless.

Cletus
08-03-2016, 02:10 PM
The law is more clear than one might suspect.

Absolutely. "Sexual harassment" like most words and phrases has meaning. In this case, it is defined by law.

Once again, you have found yourself in the position of having to state the obvious.

FindersKeepers
08-03-2016, 02:18 PM
Don't you see that you're just turning reality on its head? Reporting it is standing up for yourself! Running away and hoping for better luck at you next place of employment (not likely) is the easier way out where one endures far less scorn.

Yes and no.

If it's TRUE harassment, then it should be reported.

But, if you're just uncomfortable because someone's flirting and you don't want them to, filing a complaint that starts all kinds of trouble, is probably going to make your work situation worse and not better.

I posted the Ninth Circuit's opinion on that.

Many things are offensive.

Perhaps I'm the only parent on the forum who believes this but I felt the greatest lesson I could teach my children was how to interact with others and solve their own problems, because I wouldn't always be there to pick them up. The world can be a hard place for those who feel victimized and that's one thing I never wanted for my children. There were a few times we had to step in, but it was rare. Teaching a child that they have the power to solve their own problems is -- in my opinion -- a gift.

FindersKeepers
08-03-2016, 02:20 PM
Absolutely. "Sexual harassment" like most words and phrases has meaning. In this case, it is defined by law.

Once again, you have found yourself in the position of having to state the obvious.

The Snowflake generation is alive and well...and growing.

I remember a poster on a long-ago forum who often said -- we do not have a right not to be offended.

Cletus
08-03-2016, 02:30 PM
The Snowflake generation is alive and well...and growing.

I remember a poster on a long-ago forum who often said -- we do not have a right not to be offended.

True words.

Chloe
08-03-2016, 02:38 PM
I am sure it would be preferable to spending an evening with you.

Seriously why do you always have to be such a jerk? She was making valid arguments and you dismiss all of it just to bash her.

Adelaide
08-03-2016, 02:42 PM
Eric Trump seems to have put his foot in his mouth and I would like to think that it was accidental, but who knows. I don't know him.

The reality is, if a woman makes a sexual harassment claim at work she is suddenly weak, a shrew, a problem for the company, so forth. Telling our daughters they just have to suck it up and deal is actually the sad reality even though no one should have to work in a hostile work environment. Sadly, it's better for your reputation to not complain. But then, a man complaining about sexual harassment gets laughed at instead of mocked, and that's not any better.

Cigar
08-03-2016, 02:46 PM
My wife and daughters would report it immediately.

I'd have to Bail my Wife out of Jail for embedding her foot up someone's ass. :laugh:

That would be The Official Report. :wink:

Peter1469
08-03-2016, 03:21 PM

Warning: please don't tell members to go fuck themselves.

FindersKeepers
08-03-2016, 03:27 PM
I'd have to Bail my Wife out of Jail for embedding her foot up someone's ass. :laugh:

That would be The Official Report. :wink:

See there....now we're on the same page.

Chloe
08-03-2016, 03:28 PM
Warning: please don't tell members to go fuck themselves.

hmmmm so what can we tell him to do then?

Cletus
08-03-2016, 03:42 PM
Seriously why do you always have to be such a jerk? She was making valid arguments and you dismiss all of it just to bash her.

That comment was in direct response to

Go fuck yourself.

From her.

Look, she is a professional whiner. Her political views are all over the galaxy. She doesn't know what she wants to be from one moment to the next. She is also one of those people who firmly believes that nothing should be said in ten words if it can be said in a hundred.

She posted some nonsense about some woman who was anything but a victim. Ailes may very well be a sexual predator, but the person she chose to highlight as a "victim" was a willing participant who prostituted herself for personal advantage. Now, I don't have a big problem with that in principle, but call it what it is.

Now, I really don't wish to discuss Polly any longer. It is kind of an empty subject. Do you have anything else on this issue?

IMPress Polly
08-03-2016, 03:47 PM
Chloe wrote:

Fish gonna swim. Birds gonna fly (except chickens). Trump voters gonna act like their candidate. It's the natural order of things.

Thank you though. :smiley: You know I'd do the same for you.

hmmmm so what can we tell him to do then?

Oh well. It was worth it. :tongue:

Cletus
08-03-2016, 03:52 PM
Fish gonna swim. Birds gonna fly (except chickens). Trump voters gonna act like their candidate. It's the natural order of things.

Thank you though. :smiley: You know I'd do the same for you.

Oh well. It was worth it. :tongue:

Yeah... probably the first "tingle" you have felt in about 60 years.

Chloe
08-03-2016, 03:53 PM
That comment was in direct response to

From her.

Look, she is a professional whiner. Her political views are all over the galaxy. She doesn't know what she wants to be from one moment to the next. She is also one of those people who firmly believes that nothing should be said in ten words if it can be said in a hundred.

She posted some nonsense about some woman who was anything but a victim. Ailes may very well be a sexual predator, but the person she chose to highlight as a "victim" was a willing participant who prostituted herself for personal advantage. Now, I don't have a big problem with that in principle, but call it what it is.

Now, I really don't wish to discuss Polly any longer. It is kind of an empty subject. Do you have anything else on this issue?

she's not the empty one here

Cletus
08-03-2016, 03:54 PM
she's not the empty one here

I chose not to talk about you.

IMPress Polly
08-03-2016, 03:58 PM
Cletus wrote:
Ailes may very well be a sexual predator, but the person she chose to highlight as a "victim" was a willing participant who prostituted herself for personal advantage.

Yes well some might say that my personal history with the sex industry if anything makes me more intimately familiar with topics like sexual harassment and abuse than most people are, but you know, whatever.

del
08-03-2016, 03:58 PM

strike two, aptly

Cletus
08-03-2016, 03:59 PM
strike two, aptly

You had better hope it doesn't go to eleven, you'll have to switch from your toes to your fingers.

Chloe
08-03-2016, 04:00 PM

you know what, go fuck yourself

IMPress Polly
08-03-2016, 04:01 PM
If you're done talking to me, Cletus, then why not also be done talking about me? I can read your shit, you know? :tongue:

Truth Detector

Excellent advice.

Cletus

That's nice.

Maybe you can be Polly when you grow up.

Truth Detector
08-03-2016, 04:02 PM

BillyBob Clinton was a sexual predator; Liberal Democrats defended him to the Nth degree.

del
You had better hope it doesn't go to eleven, you'll have to switch from your toes to your fingers.

no, i'm not like you

i can even read with my lips taped closed.

you better hope it doesn't go to 21, you'll get arrested for gross and open lewdness

not to mention the pointing and laughing

Truth Detector

:rofl: Yet you defended BillyBob Clinton's predatory behavior. Irony and hypocrisy all melded into one.

Cletus
08-03-2016, 04:03 PM
If you're done talking to me, Cletus, then why not also be done talking about me? I can read your shit, you know? :tongue:

Well, that just impresses the Hell out of me.

del
08-03-2016, 04:03 PM
Well, that just impresses the Hell out of me.

go fuck yourself, aptly

Cletus
08-03-2016, 04:04 PM
no, i'm not like you

That is a huge relief.

Truth Detector
08-03-2016, 04:04 PM

Lawyers will tell you that sexual harassment could be something as simple as a woman walking by and hearing you tell a coworker an off color joke she finds offensive.

del
08-03-2016, 04:05 PM
That is a huge relief.

you can say that again

being born with a regular sized penis, i don't have to spend all day fondling a pistol.

Cletus
08-03-2016, 04:05 PM
Lawyers will tell you that sexual harassment could be something as simple as a woman walking by and hearing you tell a coworker an off color joke she finds offensive.

Lawyers will tell you anything they think will make them a buck.

Cletus
08-03-2016, 04:07 PM
you can say that again

being born with a regular sized penis, i don't have to spend all day fondling a pistol.

How long have you equated firearms with sexual organs? Did it start the first time a hooker laughed at your derringer?

You are boring me now. Go troll someone else.

Peter1469
08-03-2016, 04:08 PM

Warning: Please don’t tell members to fuck off.

del
08-03-2016, 04:08 PM
How long have you equated firearms with sexual organs? Did it start the first time a hooker laughed at your derringer?

you should save these kinds of questions for your shrink, or are you an inpatient now?

Chris
08-03-2016, 04:10 PM
go fuck yourself, aptly

Warning: Please don’t tell members to fuck off.

Chris
08-03-2016, 04:11 PM
Cletus Goading people into reactions is in bad faith. Stop it. Try to discuss topic.

zelmo1234
08-03-2016, 04:19 PM

Well here is something that is reality. Not that it makes it right! It is never right.

But you can't blame someone for telling the truth. Perverts are going to seek out weak prey! So there is truth in the statement. Strong women are not as likely to be harassed, and they don't put up with it when they are.

Because the Trumps said this does not make them bad people. Because it is true.

zelmo1234
08-03-2016, 04:24 PM
Here is something that might have been discussed I am not going to take the time to read every post.

But the Trump Children are being asked a lot of personal Questions about their parents statements and sexual promiscuity

Chelsea was on stage at the Convention just like the Trump kids, It is high time that the press ask her how she feels about her mother lying to try and cover up her fathers sexual discursions.

And it is time for her to be asked how it feels to be the daughter of a sexual predator

FindersKeepers
08-03-2016, 04:59 PM
you know what, go $#@! yourself

What the heck?

Have you teamed up with Polly to be the board's "mean girls?"

What with her accusing me of being a rather unsavory poster and the both of you cursing others out -- it sure seems so.

This is the first time I've really interacted with Polly, but I would never have pegged you for doing that kind of thing.

Can't we disagree on subjects without lashing out?

I've known Cletus a long time. We agree on many things and disagree on a few things, but he has integrity. The kind of integrity that is sadly lost on many of the younger generation.

There were some very good points broached on this thread -- but those are sadly forgotten now.

del
08-03-2016, 05:00 PM
oh, more's the pity

FindersKeepers
08-03-2016, 05:02 PM
But you can't blame someone for telling the truth. Perverts are going to seek out weak prey! So there is truth in the statement. Strong women are not as likely to be harassed, and they don't put up with it when they are.

This is the point we were trying to make. You did it very well.

I don't want my daughter to be one of the weak. I want her to be in a position of confidence and strength. She is -- but she had to work hard to get there.

Every young woman deserves that same opportunity.

FindersKeepers
08-03-2016, 05:03 PM
oh, more's the pity

You got something right....

del
08-03-2016, 06:27 PM
You got something right....

i get most things right.

every woman should have the opportunity to be sexually harassed so as to make her stronger.

right?

Cletus
08-03-2016, 06:37 PM
She never said that or anything approaching that.

Chloe
08-03-2016, 06:53 PM
Well here is something that is reality. Not that it makes it right! It is never right.

Because the Trumps said this does not make them bad people. Because it is true.

In my opinion the strength of a woman's character does not influence a person that lacks character. A strong woman is just as likely to be harassed, it may not happen a second time, but still just as likely. If a strong woman is harassed does that make her weak? Of course not. Blaming the woman for being weak excuses the behavior of the harasser in my opinion.

IMPress Polly
08-03-2016, 07:32 PM
FindersKeepers wrote:
What with her accusing me of being a rather unsavory poster and the both of you cursing others out -- it sure seems so.

The record must be corrected: that is a lie. I did not "accuse" you of anything. I asked politely if you were a certain someone in private. That is all.

Adelaide
08-03-2016, 08:12 PM
i get most things right.

every woman should have the opportunity to be sexually harassed so as to make her stronger.

right?

That is not what was said.

It has been known for a long time that sexual predators look for specific types of prey. It's about power so someone with a lower self-esteem or lack of confidence is probably more likely to be harassed than the outspoken, confident woman that will report you or tell you to your face to fuck off. That doesn't mean sexual harassment or any type of inappropriate sexual behavior makes someone stronger, or that it means the woman/man who was the victim of it is/was weak.

I don't agree with what Eric Trump said or what it seemed to imply, but I also don't know that it was deliberate.

Bethere
08-03-2016, 08:26 PM

It has been known for a long time that sexual predators look for specific types of prey. It's about power so someone with a lower self-esteem or lack of confidence is probably more likely to be harassed than the outspoken, confident woman that will report you or tell you to your face to $#@! off. That doesn't mean sexual harassment or any type of inappropriate sexual behavior makes someone stronger, or that it means the woman/man who was the victim of it is/was weak.

I don't agree with what Eric Trump said or what it seemed to imply, but I also don't know that it was deliberate.

It wasn't deliberate, it came very natural to him--second nature.

Adelaide
08-03-2016, 08:29 PM
Y
Perhaps I'm the only parent on the forum who believes this but I felt the greatest lesson I could teach my children was how to interact with others and solve their own problems, because I wouldn't always be there to pick them up. The world can be a hard place for those who feel victimized and that's one thing I never wanted for my children. There were a few times we had to step in, but it was rare. Teaching a child that they have the power to solve their own problems is -- in my opinion -- a gift.

I think this is how I would personally raise my (hypothetical) children. If one of them were sexually harassed I would love to knock a few teeth out, but I need to know that they will know what constitutes harassment, what to report and to whom, and to have the power of making those decisions. Unfortunately, part of that education is going to have to be the cold reality that company HR departments often do a lot of covering up and voicing a complaint can often end up being more detrimental to the person harassed than the harasser. It's not right, but I doubt that is going to change much in the next 20+ years.

zelmo1234
08-03-2016, 08:41 PM
In my opinion the strength of a woman's character does not influence a person that lacks character. A strong woman is just as likely to be harassed, it may not happen a second time, but still just as likely. If a strong woman is harassed does that make her weak? Of course not. Blaming the woman for being weak excuses the behavior of the harasser in my opinion.

Well you would be wrong. but that is just because you don't have as much experience in work places. A deranged person or sexual pervert is much like the Bully on the play ground, he is going to seek out the weaker people to pick on!

That is not blaming anyone, it is just a Fact. twisting it to make it look like someone is blaming the women? Well that is disgusting! But I digress.

Teaching a person Right and Wrong, helps them to stand up for themselves. Personally I fine meek women Boring as hell! I don't know how men can stay with them. I find people that would sexually harass someone to be scum of the earth. But that does not mean they don't exist.

zelmo1234
08-03-2016, 08:44 PM

It has been known for a long time that sexual predators look for specific types of prey. It's about power so someone with a lower self-esteem or lack of confidence is probably more likely to be harassed than the outspoken, confident woman that will report you or tell you to your face to $#@! off. That doesn't mean sexual harassment or any type of inappropriate sexual behavior makes someone stronger, or that it means the woman/man who was the victim of it is/was weak.

Can I take a minute to Thank You for being an Honest person. I know that we don't agree with much on the political side. But you take time to think about this and are Honest about them.

May God Bless You!

zelmo1234
08-03-2016, 08:46 PM
It wasn't deliberate, it came very natural to him--second nature.

Do you think that Chelsea Turned Tricks for Mommy and Daddy, when they left the WH and were broke

As long as we are going to start lying about the kids, it might as well be some good ones, don't you think!

Subdermal
08-03-2016, 09:34 PM

Yeah. That's a good question. Why haven't you condemned Slick Willy in 20 years? 20 years!

Bethere
08-03-2016, 11:39 PM
Do you think that Chelsea Turned Tricks for Mommy and Daddy, when they left the WH and were broke

As long as we are going to start lying about the kids, it might as well be some good ones, don't you think!

They weren't so broke that they had to desperately resort to , say, living in Michigan or anything.

Dr. Who
08-03-2016, 11:52 PM

A co-worker flirting is different than daily harassment and that is still different than similar actions from someone who has the power to terminate your employment or make your working life a living hell. Well, I agree that women should not be running to HR if some co-worker happens to hit on her, however, if it becomes a daily nightmare and that person is asked to stop and doesn't or if it's a person in a position of power, it must/should be addressed.

Unfortunately, there is not always an HR structure in which to turn and if that is the case, the only alternative is to quit the job.

FindersKeepers
08-04-2016, 04:23 AM
I think this is how I would personally raise my (hypothetical) children. If one of them were sexually harassed I would love to knock a few teeth out, but I need to know that they will know what constitutes harassment, what to report and to whom, and to have the power of making those decisions. Unfortunately, part of that education is going to have to be the cold reality that company HR departments often do a lot of covering up and voicing a complaint can often end up being more detrimental to the person harassed than the harasser. It's not right, but I doubt that is going to change much in the next 20+ years.

All that makes good sense.

And, you're right, a formal complaint can often make the work environment more difficult to navigate, especially if co-workers do not feel the complaint was warranted.

FindersKeepers
08-04-2016, 04:29 AM
Unfortunately, there is not always an HR structure in which to turn and if that is the case, the only alternative is to quit the job.

So true. And, not just in the case of sexual harassment, but for many other reasons. There can be personality conflicts, differences in work ethics, etc., and each case should be weighed individually to ascertain whether it's better to stay and fight...or leave.

What I find crippling in today's employment world is a worker's attitude that he/she has a right to a specific job. That attitude undermines the entire business.

IMPress Polly
08-04-2016, 05:13 AM
Adelaide wrote:

I agree. Company propaganda departments (which is what "HR" departments are) are going to fulfill their purpose. It's what they're there to do. That is why one should report illegal behavior to the police, not the company. Now I will grant you this: even the cops rarely care. But the point is that, of all the elements you could report these things to, they are the most likely to care and actually do something about it. If they don't (and they probably won't) then well you're screwed. That is life. It's not even close to fair. But the worst advice one can give is to just do nothing about it or even quit your career over it. There's no career you won't wind up quitting if that's your position. That "advice" is called victim blaming. If anyone should pay a price for sexual predation it should definitely be the predator. Any other assessment is pure BS, no matter how "feminist-sounding" the rhetoric one tries and coat it in. There's nothing feminist about blaming the victim.

zelmo1234
08-04-2016, 09:26 AM
They weren't so broke that they had to desperately resort to , say, living in Michigan or anything.

I knew someone would take the bait?

So what do you think? Is she lying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0owSPWLe9lc\

And You live in Dayton? I mean is not Cleveland, but it is Dayton? and that is not saying much

zelmo1234
08-04-2016, 09:30 AM
I agree. Company propaganda departments (which is what "HR" departments are) are going to fulfill their purpose. It's what they're there to do. That is why one should report illegal behavior to the police, not the company. Now I will grant you this: even the cops rarely care. But the point is that, of all the elements you could report these things to, they are the most likely to care and actually do something about it. If they don't (and they probably won't) then well you're screwed. That is life. It's not even close to fair. But the worst advice one can give is to just do nothing about it or even quit your career over it. There's no career you won't wind up quitting if that's your position. That "advice" is called victim blaming. If anyone should pay a price for sexual predation it should definitely be the predator. Any other assessment is pure BS, no matter how "feminist-sounding" the rhetoric one tries and coat it in. There's nothing feminist about blaming the victim.

I agree that the victim should never be blamed, That is not what is happening here.

And it is not blaming the victim to say that predators usually choose those that are weak! that is not blame it is FACT.

Now this is not saying that it is the weak persons fault. but it does suggest that if you learn to be a stronger person, you have a better chance of this not happening to you.

I agree that is should be reported to the police!